Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was about to post Lovisa Coldeyes as a counterexample with "and/or" but it looks like they changed her text :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Avacyn: http://youtu.be/CyVFv7AdJ-0

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

OfChristandMen posted:

I think it's more of a question of:

Why it's

Each creature you control that's a Wolf or Werewolf gets +1/+1 and has trample

Vs.

Wolf and Werewolf creatures you control get +1/+1 and have trample

Because "Each creature you control that's a Wolf or Werewolf gets +1/+1 and has trample" is 13 words. :vince:

(Yeah, that's not the actual wording on the card)

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

from Maro's twitter

Cool card, but how many wolves or werewolves are in SoI, not counting the planeswalker? Three or four?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They haven't spoiled many yet but it's a major draft theme so expect a lot.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Traditional Games › Magic: The Gathering: Sorry I shitpost in your thread, here's some :13bux:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

RoboRosewater tries to make legit cards

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Cool card, but how many wolves or werewolves are in SoI, not counting the planeswalker? Three or four?

There is 10 plus Arlin who makes wolf tokens so far.

2 red wolves, 2 red werewolves

3 green wolves, 3 green werewolves

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 22, 2016

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

personally can't wait for the 10-cars gold uncommon cycle they like throwing in sets for limited these days

those are always :krad:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

There are 5 commons and uncommon werewolves per color, along with a rare each. There's also several wolves in red/green that we know about already.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Bugsy posted:

Counting flip sides there is 15 plus Arlin who makes wold tokens so far.

The problem is that you have like 3 playable Werewolves so far: Duskwatch Recruiter, Silverfur Partisan, maybe Pack Guardian.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bugsy posted:

Counting flip sides there is 15 plus Arlin who makes wold tokens so far.

I thought Land Tokens were verboten under NWO

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

RoboRosewater tries to make legit cards

A friend of a friend on Facebook is behind RoboRosewater and I was sad to hear that he wants to start filtering out nonsense cards from the AI

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
That pic indicates it was made by the oldest/most advanced neural net, which has been putting out cards that are both printable/balanced and much more innovative than most actual WotC cards for a while.

The dumber nets produce the fun nonsense like "Carst this card once per turn."

Terrible Horse fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 22, 2016

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Oh I didn't know the nets were separated into generations like that. Always thought they corresponded to color or card type or something like that.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem is that you have like 3 playable Werewolves so far: Duskwatch Recruiter, Silverfur Partisan, maybe Pack Guardian.
Breakneck rider is a 3/3 for 3 with a sweet flip. Also we've only seen 5 of the 12 actual werewolves so far.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Breakneck rider is a 3/3 for 3 with a sweet flip. Also we've only seen 5 of the 12 actual werewolves so far.

The problem is that Breakneck Rider is a straight-up 3/3 with no abilities if you don't flip it and the flip conditions of Werewolves aren't all that conducive to a constructed environment where your deck is usually carefully constructed to have poo poo to do every turn. I'm not saying we need something as ridiculous as Huntmaster of the Fells or anything, but I'm just a little skeptical.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem is that Breakneck Rider is a straight-up 3/3 with no abilities if you don't flip it and the flip conditions of Werewolves aren't all that conducive to a constructed environment where your deck is usually carefully constructed to have poo poo to do every turn. I'm not saying we need something as ridiculous as Huntmaster of the Fells or anything, but I'm just a little skeptical.
If only they printed cards with flash so you could get around that.
Obviously it's way too early to call constructed viability, it's just a little silly to say 'we've only seen a couple of playable werewolves' when we haven't seen half of them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Obviously it's way too early to call constructed viability, it's just a little silly to say 'we've only seen a couple of playable werewolves' when we haven't seen half of them.

It's not silly to say "we've only seen a couple of playable werewolves so far" because the number of them we've seen so far is just a factual statement and has nothing to do with whether more good ones will be spoiled.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Still not sure what to think of this one, a four-mana 4/"5" flier with haste seems strong but as long as the opponent can get a bear through in combat they can keep pace with you. Would have liked to have seen Vigilance on it so that it can also help protect you from its downside, but that wouldn't really fit the rest of the card.

It's probably good, I just have a stronger bias against cards that hurt you than I should. Are there still enough 1-2 CMC red creatures out there for a RDW list that tops out with Sin Prodder on 3 and a couple of these on 4?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

It's not silly to say "we've only seen a couple of playable werewolves so far" because the number of them we've seen so far is just a factual statement and has nothing to do with whether more good ones will be spoiled.
Let me post your complete statement then, since I guess my statement got confused.
"The problem is that you have like 3 playable Werewolves so far: Duskwatch Recruiter, Silverfur Partisan, maybe Pack Guardian."

It's not a problem to only have 3 if you've only seen less than half of them. That's actually pretty good. And I disagree on breakneck rider, It's actually an efficient creature in a post-khans world.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 22, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Angry Grimace posted:

McMagic parachute account spotted.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Voyager I posted:

McMagic parachute account spotted.

ahahaha i havent been here in a while did mcmagic catch the banhammer?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
It's a Lord effect for draft they arent going to be any more constructed playable than.they were last time around. Someone will try to jam them in modern though because of course they will.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

It's a Lord effect for draft they arent going to be any more constructed playable than.they were last time around. Someone will try to jam them in modern though because of course they will.
They're trying to push all of the tribes for constructed play, so I wouldn't be willing to call it yet.

The tribe we've seen the most of looks poised to be at least a contender in the new standard.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think the "lords" we've seen so far are much better in constructed than the traditional Grey Ogre + anthem + random keyword design. Something like Thalia's Lieutenant provides instant value when it hits the board, while a design like Silverfur Partisan is somewhat resistant to removal.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

C-Euro posted:

Still not sure what to think of this one, a four-mana 4/"5" flier with haste seems strong but as long as the opponent can get a bear through in combat they can keep pace with you. Would have liked to have seen Vigilance on it so that it can also help protect you from its downside, but that wouldn't really fit the rest of the card.

It's probably good, I just have a stronger bias against cards that hurt you than I should. Are there still enough 1-2 CMC red creatures out there for a RDW list that tops out with Sin Prodder on 3 and a couple of these on 4?

The idea is probably to play it in an aggressive deck that will be applying too much pressure for its opponent to go on the counteroffensive and will have gotten enough damage in already that it wins the game either the turn or the turn after it comes out (which isn't an unreasonable bar for a 4 power hasty flyer). Taking double damage is definitely a relevant downside if the board state is anywhere near parity, though.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

No, he's just pointing out that that sounded like a mcmagic nonironic shitpost

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

sarmhan posted:

This confirms my hypothesis that werewolves should be blue, the color of instants and change.

The only card with flash in standard that an RG deck can use is Vile Redeemer.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 22, 2016

anglachel
May 28, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Lots of okay 1 drops. a 2/1 for 1, a 1/1 werewolf with haste that becomes a 2/2 with menace when it flips, Zurgo is still in standard, Goblin Glorychaser is still legal.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Lottery of Babylon posted:

This confirms my hypothesis that werewolves should be blue, the color of instants and change.

And that one we just saw. That, you know, pumps Wolves?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's also the wolf with flash that makes wolf tokens!
With some investigation we might find a connection here.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Any card with Madness can be cast at instant speed if you have an instant-speed discard outlet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Some Numbers posted:

And that one we just saw. That, you know, pumps Wolves?

Tribal Glorious Anthem probably isn't where you want to be in constructed unless the tribe is incredible, which it so far doesn't seem to be.

This could change, obviously, but the incentive to make a werewolf deck right now is less "I think it's gonna be a strong deck" and more "I like werewolves, gently caress you". Which is a healthier approach, if not one that's gonna win any tournaments.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Dungeon Ecology posted:

No, because God doesn't exiat

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

There's a 2GG Wolf Spirit that lets you discard a land to have it come into play with a 2/2 wolf that has Flash and also also the Wolf Anthem has Flash. I'm skeptical a 3 mana tribal anthem is actually worth putting in a constructed deck though.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

80s James Hetfield posted:

No, because God doesn't exiat

Amergin posting in D&D to this very day is more of a proof that Nietschze was right.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Everblight posted:

Amergin posting in D&D to this very day is more of a proof that Nietschze was right.

Amergin copies and pastes responses from D&D threads to right-wing forums then copies those responses in D&D posts. That's been his whole shtick for years.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Where on Long Island are you?

The event is at Brothers Grim in Selden. That's Eastern Long Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
When was the last time a tribe was constructed viable? I think it was ISD + RTR Naya humans which was really just a slightly worse version of naya blitz.

• Locked thread