Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

People who like Kat Dennings should not be allowed to have opinions.

I don't know if I'd go as far as liking her but she is really hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Thor 1 Did Nothing Wrong

The fish out of water stuff is good, Hiddlestone is a great villain and Hemsworth is such a lovable doofus.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, the real problem with Green Lantern for me is how so many of his stories climax with him willpowering harder until the problem is solved.

As opposed to the Hulk getting angrier than he ever has before? Or the Flash pushing himself faster that he has before (the TV show is terrible for this)?

I'm not saying that it's not stupid, I'm saying that GL is not alone in the fact that his stories tend to end with "Try more"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why don't more people apologize to the Hulk? The madder he gets the stronger he gets. Just be like "You know what Hulk you're right, I was really out of line. I want to be more considerate of your feelings and wants. Can I buy you a drink?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Thor 1 Did Nothing Wrong

The fish out of water stuff is good, Hiddlestone is a great villain and Hemsworth is such a lovable doofus.

I still hold that the far-too-long Hawkeye sequence was quite wrong.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Superstring posted:

Do the other colors of lanterns have some ancillary role the way greens are space cops even?

Red: Space Punishers
Orange: Space Gollum
Yellow: Space Soldiers/Facists
Green: Space Cops
Blue: Space Humanitarian Aid
Violet: Space Wonder Women?
Indigo: Space Rehab

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why don't more people apologize to the Hulk? The madder he gets the stronger he gets. Just be like "You know what Hulk you're right, I was really out of line. I want to be more considerate of your feelings and wants. Can I buy you a drink?"

HULK STRUGGLE WITH SOBRIETY YOU ENABLE HULK HULK SMASH

Dammit now I want Drunk Hulk. Is there a Drunk Hulk in the comics ever?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Hulk want see Disney movie, Hulk feeling need for wholesome message and entertainment.

DREAMWORKS NOT DISNEY. HULK NOT FOOLED, HULK KNOW DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DREAMWORKS AND PIXAR. QUALITY DIFFERENCE OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE HULK EVEN INCLUDE CARS 2. HULK SMASH

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t they do an airdrop of puppies to calm the hulk once?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Back when Banner was working for SHIELD, they had a guy whose job was to be that guy and regularly offer Hulk gum to calm him down and gain his trust.

Jamesman posted:

HULK STRUGGLE WITH SOBRIETY YOU ENABLE HULK HULK SMASH

Dammit now I want Drunk Hulk. Is there a Drunk Hulk in the comics ever?

During the Jason Aaron run, when Hulk and Banner were split, Hulk decided to go to a bar and try out drinking, just to see what Logan liked about it so much. Red She-Hulk showed up to pick a fight with him and he was all tipsy. They ended up fighting, followed by make-up sex.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rumor is that Joss Whedon has been kicked off Batgirl. Yeah, this site looks like bullshit.

https://superbromovies.com/2017/11/22/exclusive-joss-whedon-will-not-be-directing-batgirl-2/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't see that movie getting made anyway

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have recently endured a bunch of people who were adamant that it's Marvel's fault Justice League turned out the way it did.

Uuuugh.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's true like half of bss gets soros checks for it

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One superhero movie it would be fun to see in the future would be a new Zorro feature in 2019 to celebrate the character's hundredth anniversary. It's too bad that's an IP nobody's very interested in at the moment. I guess the second Antonio Banderas one might have poisoned the well a bit (which was a shame, because the first one was really good) and The Lone Ranger not doing terribly well probably put people off big action blockbuster westerns. Zorro is one of America's earliest superhero characters and one of the first who people know about who's going to turn 100, so it's a shame there likely won't be anything for it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well they are the main reason it turned out the way it did, but they are not at fault. It's WB executives taking a look at them and drawing the wrong conclusions.

I remain committed if they had just let Snyder make BvS the way he wanted without having to shoe in a Justice league prequel, and continued from there these films probably still wouldn't be very loved but would be a lot better films.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why does Zorro have to be a big budget Blockbuster? Just give some dude who likes westerns who is competent like $40 million dollars and make a low key action/romance/drama film without giant cgi set pieces.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Rumor is that Joss Whedon has been kicked off Batgirl. Yeah, this site looks like bullshit.

https://superbromovies.com/2017/11/22/exclusive-joss-whedon-will-not-be-directing-batgirl-2/

I hope so, but it's still just going to be the loving Killing Joker because loving loving gently caress gently caress everything being All Joker all the time!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why does Zorro have to be a big budget Blockbuster? Just give some dude who likes westerns who is competent like $40 million dollars and make a low key action/romance/drama film without giant cgi set pieces.

I don't disagree at all, but that's just the way it goes nowadays.

I think somebody like Robert Rodriguez would be able to make a fun Zorro movie.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't disagree at all, but that's just the way it goes nowadays.

I think somebody like Robert Rodriguez would be able to make a fun Zorro movie.

While probably fun, if you didn't want CGI or green screens, he's not the guy for you. It's not who he is anymore sadly.

The second Zorro movie was loving horrid. Especially when compared to the first one.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 22, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Who doesn't have a soft spot for the Antonio Banderas Zorro movies?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro posted:

While probably fun, if you didn't want CGI or green screens, he's not the guy for you. It's not who he is anymore sadly.

The second Zorro movie was loving horrid. Especially when compared to the first one.

I guess so. I mainly associate Rodriguez with his 90s movies like From Dusk 'Til Dawn and his Mexico trilogy, but like you say, I guess he's moved on from that. (I can't believe I saw all three Spy Kids movies in the cinema.)

hiddenriverninja posted:

Who doesn't have a soft spot for the Antonio Banderas Zorro movies?

The first one is legitimately one of my all-time favourite adventure movies; it's probably the second-best western (that occurs to me) of the decade after Unforgiven. The second one is pretty naff, though. It looks fine (they were both directed by Martin Campbell; I think the first one was his next big project after GoldenEye) but the script (which I believe was a Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman co-write) is really bad.

Off the top of my head, it's set in the 1850s and the plot concerns California's admission to the Union, but the villains include a CSA general who is angry that California joining the Union will mean there's more Union states than Confederate. In the 1850s. Ten years before the Confederacy existed.

There's also a weird softening of the content. The villains in the first one are a corrupt Don who is using slave labour to run a goldmine and his henchman, a racist cavalry officer who decapitates Zorro's brother and keeps his head pickled in a jar (played by Matt Letscher); the villains in the second are a generic evil council of European aristocrats who want to stop America from becoming more powerful than Europe, which makes very little sense when you consider global politics in the time when it's meant to be set.

There's some really bad comedy bits, and Zorro (and I know this is a strange complaint) is softened a lot. He never uses his whip or his pistol and more often than not beats bad guys by hitting them with the flat of his blade; there's bits where he tosses bad guys off buildings and stuff, and the script makes a point of showing them picking themselves up and staggering away. The first movie ended when Zorro stabbed Captain Love through the heart then crushed him with a cart full of gold ingots; I think it's a bit late to start being kid-friendly.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Jude Law in Captain Marvel

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/933421724598599680

It says this in the article

Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.

lomzus fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 22, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmmmm~~

Probably Mar-Vell? Though I can't really think of many other male lead characters from Carol Danvers' lore.

He's probably not gonna be the guy that impregnated her into giving birth to himself, probably.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are there any power vampires in Marvel apart from Rogue? They could totally end the movie with her drained of her powers and in a coma until 2019 or whatever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jude Law would make a good Mar-Vell.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
To go back onto Zorro a bit. I think the reason they're not doing anything is because nobody has really thought up any projects with the character. Like people have said Studios are starting to re learn that smaller budgeted films can make money at the box office and Logan and John Wick have paved the way for a good Zorro film like people have suggested but probably nobody has offered a proposal for a Zorro film.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Are there any power vampires in Marvel apart from Rogue? They could totally end the movie with her drained of her powers and in a coma until 2019 or whatever.

She's gonna be in space I'd bet.

She probably shows up at the end of Infinity War, as the ace and strongest hero. Then we get her origin and how she ended up in space in her movie after Infinity War.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The absolute last thing the Captain Marvel movie needs to incorporate is the time Carol was victimized and rendered powerless.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lomzus posted:

Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.

I was hoping he would be Dumbledore.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Don't make it bad :ohdear:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well, there's Blade, Dracula, Jubilee, Morbius...

wait sorry I thought you said powered vampires.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If I have to guess at the end she'll sacrifice herself to defeat the Skrulls but it will turn out she's trapped in deep space or statis or something else that keeps her off the grid until Avengers 4.

Maybe Marvel wants Xmen back just so they can do justice to Rogue? Jesus christ how could Fox get Wolverine so right but completely bork it on Rogue?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I want MCU Blade so bad (not on Agents of Shield). I just can't see him with The Avengers or The Defenders in any way that doesn't feel forced.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SonicRulez posted:

I want MCU Blade so bad (not on Agents of Shield). I just can't see him with The Avengers or The Defenders in any way that doesn't feel forced.

He could be interesting in Defenders. They already have mystical immortal ninjas.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

He could be interesting in Defenders. They already have mystical immortal ninjas.

No Wesley Snipes no deal. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Moon Knight and Blade are my 2 hopes for new Netflix shows.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Moon Knight and Blade are my 2 hopes for new Netflix shows.

Disney's already said no new serieses (new seasons are fine, but nothing new) and it's doubtful they'd go "gritty" in their streaming service so... there's no such thing as hope.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RevKrule posted:

Disney's already said no new serieses (new seasons are fine, but nothing new) and it's doubtful they'd go "gritty" in their streaming service so... there's no such thing as hope.

Rogue One was fairly dark for Star Wars so I don’t think Disney is unwilling to go there. They probably just wouldn’t market it the same on their service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

lomzus posted:

Jude Law in Captain Marvel

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/933421724598599680

I would have wanted him for Adam Warlock but I don't really know poo poo about space Marvel so I guess I'm not invested enough.

• Locked thread