Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Update could be cool. More guns and maps and stuff to do is good.

D1 had a raid for every major/named expansion except for house of wolves which gave us a new arena and pvp mode anyway. I hope I'm right and thsy have a new full raid because if they don't it'll probably kill d2 for a lot of people.

I'm kind of hoping they bring back burning shrine too. I know it's reused content but that map loving owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Osiris was a creepy fucker who became obsessed with the Darkness and finding out how out how to murder it. Eventually he was driven crazy by some 'truth' he found about the relationship between the Traveler, the Guardians, the Ghosts, and the Darkness. They never say what this truth is but it apparently made him lose all faith in everything about the system he was working in.

At least that's what I vaguely remember from reading random lore cards from the new archive.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

BlindSite posted:

I'm kind of hoping they bring back burning shrine too. I know it's reused content but that map loving owned.

Yeah that map owned, adding more D1 PVP maps is completely fine with me as long as there are way more new maps.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Osiris was a creepy fucker who became obsessed with the Darkness and finding out how out how to murder it. Eventually he was driven crazy by some 'truth' he found about the relationship between the Traveler, the Guardians, the Ghosts, and the Darkness. They never say what this truth is but it apparently made him lose all faith in everything about the system he was working in.

At least that's what I vaguely remember from reading random lore cards from the new archive.

99% expecting Ozy to now be a misunderstood soul who actually always believed in the Traveller and the guardians and is now in dire need of help from us, Super Guardian, to accomplish what he could not.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I will be disappointed if there is a Vex raid and the intended boss kill mechanic isn't to push him off a cliff

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm just super excited because the Vex are easily my favorite thing to shoot in these games. And we get vex armor and weapons? I get to be a robot space wizard wearing other robot space wizards? Sign me up!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Flytrap posted:

I'm just super excited because the Vex are easily my favorite thing to shoot in these games. And we get vex armor and weapons? I get to be a robot space wizard wearing other robot space wizards? Sign me up!

Until the inevitable BONE CHUNK ARMOR when the hive related raid comes out.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

Until the inevitable BONE CHUNK ARMOR when the hive related raid comes out.
Well AoT managed to rework the Kings Fall gear into something cool, so there is hope

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, one set of bone chunk was enough though. I got bone chunk fatigue when oryx doubled down on the bones.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Flytrap posted:

Not looking forward to a room full of Vex snipers all with that glow-y invincibility mechanic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

qbert posted:

Not looking forward to a room full of Vex snipers all with that glow-y invincibility mechanic.

The same ability they had in D1?

Their heal is a lot faster in D2 but it's the same basic idea.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He sent an all office email about how women are genetically inferior at being guardians when it comes to shooting aliens and was exiled to the prisonplanet

@Banned4UsingTruth

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Osiris put pineapples on pizza.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Osiris put pineapples on pizza.

But does he put cheese on the top or bottom of the burger?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What idiot doesn't put cheese on both sides and also in the burger patty

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

What idiot doesn't put cheese on both sides and also in the burger patty

Cheese in the patty is the real power move

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

But does he put cheese on the top or bottom of the burger?

Cheese goes on top because the peanut butter has to go on bottom duh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I think I saw robot legs in that trailer, in which case thank you papa Osiris.

Maybe I can get a pocket infinity sometime too.

Bngy plz

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Blue cheese crumbles in the raw ground beef. Cook. You're welcome.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

I will be disappointed if there is a Vex raid and the intended boss kill mechanic isn't to push him off a cliff

An entire raid based around physicsing things with the Tractor Cannon would be pretty fun.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Waveformposting about the trailer for the Osiris xPac, this one courtesy some dude in one of the Facebook groups:

This implies, I guess, that we might hear more of the Shadows of Yor.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
BRING BACK NO LAND YOU GUTLESS JACK OFFS!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Give me Jade Rabbit or give me death.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Thorn loving owns. Now all I need is Pocket Infinity and TLW and i'm gold

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Waffle House posted:

Waveformposting about the trailer for the Osiris xPac, this one courtesy some dude in one of the Facebook groups:

This implies, I guess, that we might hear more of the Shadows of Yor.

In Datto's video on this there's a shot from earlier in the jump and it looks much more like the Vex handcannon that is repeatedly shown off.

I obviously don't know that it is, but from the different angle it really doesn't look like Thorn at all.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lightning Knight posted:

In Datto's video on this there's a shot from earlier in the jump and it looks much more like the Vex handcannon that is repeatedly shown off.

I obviously don't know that it is, but from the different angle it really doesn't look like Thorn at all.

If you're talking about this thing:

Ehhh. The silhouette image definitely evokes Thorn's distinct "chin". The frame on the above Vex hand cannon is less stout, and definitely has no Chin.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Waffle House posted:

If you're talking about this thing:

Ehhh. The silhouette image definitely evokes Thorn's distinct "chin". The frame on the above Vex hand cannon is less stout, and definitely has no Chin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzAWFfQbXoY&t=128s

Pause at 2:08.

It might not be the Vex handcannon, but it sure doesn't look like Thorn with less sun glare.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lightning Knight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzAWFfQbXoY&t=128s

Pause at 2:08.

It might not be the Vex handcannon, but it sure doesn't look like Thorn with less sun glare.

Man, it doesn't! It's not like Zaouli's either, which has the most chin of any hand cannon:

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

DLC Inc posted:

Pocket Infinity

i believe you misspelled "Plan-C", sir :colbert:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Waffle House posted:

Man, it doesn't! It's not like Zaouli's either, which has the most chin of any hand cannon:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of people are reaching the conclusion that "new raid content" means VOG. It is, after all, where Osiris is fighting in the trailer

Not really sure how I feel about that, if true. I hope Bungie confirms/denies exactly what "new raid content" means soon.

Their new armor/weapon model game is on point though, all of the Titan armor in the trailer is far and away better looking than anything in the base game.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Lightning Knight posted:

I hope Bungie confirms/denies exactly what "new raid content" means soon.

don't hold your breath on that one...

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

JorgeHWB posted:

don't hold your breath on that one...
There's 3 twitch streams scheduled in november where they'll preview the DLC

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Lightning Knight posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of people are reaching the conclusion that "new raid content" means VOG. It is, after all, where Osiris is fighting in the trailer

Not really sure how I feel about that, if true. I hope Bungie confirms/denies exactly what "new raid content" means soon.

Their new armor/weapon model game is on point though, all of the Titan armor in the trailer is far and away better looking than anything in the base game.

hes fighting in vog in a loving cg cinematic. literally all the in-engine footage in that trailer takes place on mercury in new environments

people are loving dumb

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

el B posted:

BRING BACK NO LAND YOU GUTLESS JACK OFFS!!!

It'll be the variant that the vendor dude in EDZ uses if I had to bet.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

for Destiny 2 instead of Vault of Glass the new raid should be Eat his rear end. lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Legs Benedict posted:

hes fighting in vog in a loving cg cinematic. literally all the in-engine footage in that trailer takes place on mercury in new environments

people are loving dumb

That's not entirely true, there was a still or two of Vex ruins that were covered in distinctly Venus-esque moss.

It is, however, entirely speculation at this point. I did appreciate that the Vex pulse is a redesigned Timepiece .

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lightning Knight posted:

It looks very ROBOT which is what I want.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Policenaut posted:

It looks very ROBOT which is what I want.

:same: A lot of it is also much sleeker and there wasn't an overflow of dumb WH40K giant shoulder plates on every goddamn outfit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

for Destiny 2 instead of Vault of Glass the new raid should be Eat his rear end. lol

Hit his precision point for massive damage.

(It's his rear end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

god same. that shrug emoticon is my spirit animal