Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Tried my luck at getting Jalter, after 1600 sq and 12 tickets she never popped up at all from the 3 SSRs I got.

It wasn't a total loss, I managed to get a Waver( :woop: ), Artoria, and finally a Jeanne spook in the end of my rolls. CE wise finally got a Kaleidoscope(x4), a Black Grail(x2), Victory of the moon (x2) and a Vessal of the saint.

Lastly notable SRs were a Helena, another Emiya(NP2), double Heracles(NP3), double Atalantas (NP5), and triple Tamamo Cats(NP5)

I spent more then I thought because of the hype around Jalter, I kinda bummed I didn't get her in the end. I got some solid support servents that I really wanted, for now I'll just hoard for summer I try my luck at Ruler Martha. I probably might not try to chase after SSRs anymore from my recent attempts with Jack on Valentines and now Jalter are anything to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

She'll get another rate up later in the year, so Wait and Hope.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just got my first gold in months

Not Jeanne, sadly. In what has to be the gacha mocking me it was Mary Read + Anne Bonny.

Edit: This is also my third Single Target NP Gold Servant.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 7, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

I just got my first gold in months

Not Jeanne, sadly. In what has to be the gacha mocking me it was Mary Read + Anne Bonny.

i got two anne + maries in my rolls :smith:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm not exactly unhappy with it. I haven't gotten any new Gold Servants in months like I said, and I have a critical shortage of single target NPs on anything above silver. It's almost all AOE and Gilgamesh.

Just kind of funny since I've been spamming her as a Support Servant and now I get my own.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can't say I like the new shield skills. Had a lot of trouble with the boss because I didn't pay attention and took my usual team.

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Tae posted:

I need friends please: 322 645 835

Sent as Zefia

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
jeanne alter looks bad with long hair. y/n

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

jeanne alter looks bad with long hair. y/n

Y

Jalter look best with short hair, Original Jeanne looks best with braid.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Like I said before in the discord, Jane d'Ork might actually look good with long hair if Takeuchu had bothered to actually draw long hair, instead of badly stapling a curtain to her short hair and calling it a day.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I want to know what's going on with those boots in her 3rd ascension.

I prefer both Jannus with their capes.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I like Jeanne Alter's final ascension, although I agree the long hair looks like extensions. That said, her first form is still my favorite, and the second is a complete downgrade in every way.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
First form is the best for reals. It's not Jalter if she's not setting things on fire, and the furry cape is rad. I do like regular Jannu's white clothes though, wish I could mix that with a cape.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I appreciate that.

Le Grondement de la Haine (were it spelled properly) is a great NP. Only characters I like more than JAlter are Musashi and Semiramis.
The disappointment of not getting her wore off pretty quick after I borrowed one and used her NP. It's not just the bad grammar, the pronunciation is hilariously bad. Hell, regular Jeanne has no problem saying Luminosité Eternelle correctly. Just another sign she's a poor counterfeit.
Also she's kinda fragile. The bicorn in the Lancer node took down a max level one to death pretty easily in a single turn.

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Tbf that Bicorn hits like a truck, it almost KOd my Vlad in 2 hits without even critting. Sure he is a berserker but he has like 15k hp come on. Also yeah, 1st ascension Jalter > 3rd > 2nd.

Nyarlabaoth fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 7, 2018

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

HGH posted:

The disappointment of not getting her wore off pretty quick after I borrowed one and used her NP. It's not just the bad grammar, the pronunciation is hilariously bad. Hell, regular Jeanne has no problem saying Luminosité Eternelle correctly. Just another sign she's a poor counterfeit.
Also she's kinda fragile. The bicorn in the Lancer node took down a max level one to death pretty easily in a single turn.

Yep, Jalter is very go big or go home. Either you press all the support buttons and everything dies in fire or she just sits around doing alright damage until something like Bad Horse over here wrecks her.

Also, while I like Jalter's first sprite form best, I prefer the capeless ascension art. Mainly because it has a nice bright red fire rather than the first portrait's dull red one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shinjuku outfit Jalter is best Jalter.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I like Jalter's long hair, but I hate the weird boot situation she has going on in that form so I just stick with second form as my favorite between the three base ones.

But, yes, Galter is the best one, no contest whatsoever.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Jalter has so much hair it looks like lovely extensions.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Shinjuku Alter is the best one until you actually enter battle with her and are driven crazy by her amazing disappearing and reappearing flag.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

She'll get another rate up later in the year, so Wait and Hope.

The thing is though I'm pretty lukewarm on trying for Jalter again, rather try for Tamamo's banner that's a week after her. At least I can try to get Halloween Petite Devil CE while trying to shoot for Tamamo.

Also seeing so many people getting her in the quarter of the amount that I've spent is not helping my mood. I really should have stopped when I got Waver but I got greedy and somewhat hopeful that maybe I can get beat the odds. Either way I learned a hard lession from this and Valentines, never going to chase after SSRs for a long while.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Pureauthor posted:

Shinjuku Alter is the best one until you actually enter battle with her and are driven crazy by her amazing disappearing and reappearing flag.

I've gotten so used to that, the version with the normal flag on NA feels weird lmao.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Same, i've gotten used to the disappearing flag now.

It's worth getting used to because the outfit is that good

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Goddamn O_O 3 MLBs of one good CE?

I thought i was lucky with my CE drops with 2 MLB Kaleidos.

Dang, I just have 3 Kaleidos, so I'm still dependant on support Waver for 3 turn farming.

But yeah, around 20 of each event CE, not a single 5*. Only one new 4*. I think I'm gonna give up on that 1% dream now. I am the 99%....

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Majinfefnir13 posted:

The thing is though I'm pretty lukewarm on trying for Jalter again, rather try for Tamamo's banner that's a week after her. At least I can try to get Halloween Petite Devil CE while trying to shoot for Tamamo.

Also seeing so many people getting her in the quarter of the amount that I've spent is not helping my mood. I really should have stopped when I got Waver but I got greedy and somewhat hopeful that maybe I can get beat the odds. Either way I learned a hard lession from this and Valentines, never going to chase after SSRs for a long while.

This is the first time I've gotten a 5* that I was going for - I went hard for both Nero and Okita only to get nothing but Hercs, Siegs, and CEs. My first non-guaranteed 5* (Drake) came when I spent a couple tickets on the Jack banner just for the hell of it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Yeah she`s fun but relies heavily on grail stats/fuus to reach HP sufficient for basic survival as a 5*. Her team comp is very, very important.

The pronunciation and grammar mistakes were kinda baffling considering - as you pointed out - Ruler Jeanne.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

:five:

AtheistMantis posted:

Dang, I just have 3 Kaleidos, so I'm still dependant on support Waver for 3 turn farming.

But yeah, around 20 of each event CE, not a single 5*. Only one new 4*. I think I'm gonna give up on that 1% dream now. I am the 99%....

I got lucky this event rolling for JAlter and got my MLB L O/Z and I can MLB a formulacraft too. Missing two for MLB 2030.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

We've got like what? 2 years before that's available for us NA players?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
does arash also die if he use his np when we're fighting him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

does arash also die if he use his np when we're fighting him

Yes

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

True. Still wish her card would look more grumpy.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like this upcoming assassin node is gonna fuckin' suck.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I feel like it would too but actually having a semi-decent caster lineup and Jalter really will ease the pain.

Jalter is completely without the braid, right? Its strange to see her with long hair but it works in certain situations like with her fancy dress in Shinjuku. I mostly wish I could use regular Jeanne with the white outfit and the Braid, the long hair looks so bizarre on her.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

HGH posted:

She doesn't reach game-breaking status until like a year from now anyways.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that bicorn is busted and honestly make me just want to go back grinding the caster node

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

My Lv. 90 Medea is ready for the Assassin node, this is her time to shine.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

that bicorn is busted and honestly make me just want to go back grinding the caster node

Indeed that Bicorn is more of a pain then I thought despite me using a B.Nero/Support Altera/Waver comp.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna Babbage the poo poo out of them.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Huh, is it really that bad? I'm using Mordred/Nero(lvl. 60)/B.Nero support usually and have yet to have any of them die. Backline is Mash, Jack and Ushi just for more Fake drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I have basically a level 65 medea, waver and np1 halloween Liz for tomorrow so the hell cat is gonna loving suck. I miss my Helena on jp even if she does no damage...