Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, sorry.

Well, for better or for worse, what you see is what you get with Kiryu. He’s a mental organism designed only for...never killing anyone.

It is absolutely ok :)

And yeah, I am fine with what I see. When I played through all of 0 last year I fell for him bigtime. I love him to bits. 2 is showing me more of it and I cannot help but get giddy watching him (and also why I had a break of a year in between Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2). He has a nice code, he looks after others at his own expense and he is powerful and thoughtful. I love it :D

Plus I am one of the few people on this forum who enjoys the combat system so that might also be why I am so into the first ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't particularly enjoy turn based combat but a Yakuza game is a Yakuza game and 7 was still better than 90% of stuff that came out last year, or any year.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

VideoGames posted:

I do not enjoy turn based combat at all, which is one reason I am glad Yakuza 7 does not feature my friend Kiryu Kazama.

However at the same time I am a little sad, because it means Yakuza 6 will be my last Yakuza game.

Yakuza 7 spoilers it features Kiryu Kazama

Unless that was :thejoke:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
^^^ dont read that spoiler VG.

VideoGames posted:

I am still making my way through Kiwami 2!

VideoGames posted:

Plus I am one of the few people on this forum who enjoys the combat system so that might also be why I am so into the first ones.

how much do you like ryuji goda

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 8, 2021

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

fridge corn posted:

Hi I'm the only person on these forums who played the ps4 version of civ6 apparenetly but it was my most played game of 2020 with 286 hours haha. Anyway, it plays very well imo. Theres a few high level features that are kinda cumbersome/missing in the ps4 version (like being able to type a wonder into a search bar and auto-locate it on the map, if you were for instance trying to see how close an opponent was to finishing it) but unless you're playing on the highest difficulty that sort of stuff wont matter. Obviously i imagine the pc version is probably the better way to go but for someone who loves civ but doesn't have a pc, the ps4 version is great! Go nuts

Thanks Civ console buddy!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

^^^ dont read that spoiler VG.

how much do you like ryuji goda

OK I will not read that spoiler. Phew! Thank you for the warning.

And as to Ryuji, I remember briefly meeting him in 0 as a kid. However, the meeting between him and Kiryu in the bar was exceptionally tense. Kiryu being all cagey and knowing more than Ryuji but still keeping his cool was pretty fantastic.

I have a feeling the final showdown between them is going to be quite something! :D

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

VideoGames posted:

I have a feeling the final showdown between them is going to be quite something! :D

I suddenly have a mental image of Kiryu's tailor slyly calling up rival families and creating mob drama just to keep his shirt sales up.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Cadence of Hyrule is an amazing game that was a real sleeper hit for me. You wouldn't think that a fusion of Crypt of the Necrodancer and Zelda gameplay would work, but they made something from it that manages to be almost more fun than either. Everything about this game is incredibly charming and the necrodancer-ized remixes of classic Zelda music sound great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

what is my peeps up to? how is everyone feeling?

sincerely,

- Beanpole "i have not yet been owned today" Peckerwood

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

sincerely,

I know I'm not exactly the most prolific poster here, but I'm gonna answer anyway! I'm doing pretty good; yesterday I started a new DnD 5e campaign with a bunch of friends, a significant number of them new to tabletop gaming altogether, and it went well. One of them rolled a Wild Magic Sorcerer and on their first combat turn ever triggered a Wild Magic Surge and started spewing grease everywhere.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

sincerely,

I had a job interview for a hospital customer support kinda job and then spent three hours getting home, between wading through knee high snow and getting stuck in a tram

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Namnesor posted:

I know I'm not exactly the most prolific poster here, but I'm gonna answer anyway! I'm doing pretty good; yesterday I started a new DnD 5e campaign with a bunch of friends, a significant number of them new to tabletop gaming altogether, and it went well. One of them rolled a Wild Magic Sorcerer and on their first combat turn ever triggered a Wild Magic Surge and started spewing grease everywhere.

free association

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m trying to rearrange my room at the moment since it looks like I’ll be spending a lot more time here than I expected this year! I have an old tv on a small table for my older consoles but my tv for my PS4 is too big to go anywhere near so it’s just sitting in the middle of the room on top of a bookcase 🤔
I think I rearrange every few years out of boredom.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

goblin week posted:

I had a job interview for a hospital customer support kinda job and then spent three hours getting home, between wading through knee high snow and getting stuck in a tram

free association

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reaching what is probably the halfway point of Gravity Rush 2 returning to Hekseville and still being amused by how enthusiastic and credulous Kat is in every conceivable situation

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

sincerely,

started my 7 week holiday from work and the ps5 is never getting turned off (until i sleep that is) gonna plat control for a second time in RT and then maybe finish cyberpunk, play some super mario 3d bros and then yakuzas and then more games and games and games, homework, games and games.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 8, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m trying to rearrange my room at the moment since it looks like I’ll be spending a lot more time here than I expected this year! I have an old tv on a small table for my older consoles but my tv for my PS4 is too big to go anywhere near so it’s just sitting in the middle of the room on top of a bookcase 🤔

I think it's healthy to rearrange, at least healthy for the brain.

free association

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I feel like refreshing your personal environment might also be good for your mental well-being

E:oh, b

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just finished Ys 9 which was decent but also kinda disappointing after how insane 8 got towards the end.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Reaching what is probably the halfway point of Gravity Rush 2 returning to Hekseville and still being amused by how enthusiastic and credulous Kat is in every conceivable situation

I think she might be my favorite 'official' Sony character ever. She's so loving charming and I love that she and Raven are effectively magical food lesbians together. Every time I think that Kat might not ever appear in another game I kinda get this weird pain in my heart.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
So would rap battles be considered burn based combat

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

sincerely,

I'm still on furlough so I played persona 5 all day hbu

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

sincerely,

did some cleaning, dust made me feel like poo poo, found out my dualshock (1) is missing, watched johnny mnemonic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

did some cleaning, dust made me feel like poo poo, found out my dualshock (1) is missing, watched johnny mnemonic

I only saw that last year, I put it off for years because I heard it was crap. I loved it!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I'm still on furlough so I played persona 5 all day hbu

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Those bloodstained tyre tracks are so gnarly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I think it's healthy to rearrange, at least healthy for the brain.

Yeah I recently cut down on the huge bulky furniture I’ve had for basically my entire life and reorganized my bedroom, so now I can just lay in bed and play PS5 or Switch and watch movies on my giant Nanocell and honestly it’s really made me more productive. I’m way more inclined to keep my room tidy and organized, and I look forward to extend gaming sessions instead of feeling like a loser slumming it in a dorm room hunched over a faded 24’ monitor

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ryuji has the best all out attack splash. Queen is the latest character I've gotten, no spoilers

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I only saw that last year, I put it off for years because I heard it was crap. I loved it!

it was better than i assumed. legit movie. previously i had only seen bits of it with a polish voice over translation years ago.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

johnny mnemonic feels like a weird and awesome product of a very specific moment in mid 90s culture where wacky rear end niche poo poo was everywhere and still managed to make enough money to justify its existence. i guess i feel the same way about tank girl and rumble in the bronx.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Ryuji has the best all out attack splash. Queen is the latest character I've gotten, no spoilers

spoiler she's fuckin dope and should never leave the party

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I miss Trauma Team and all their incredible films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicYEjTdN8I

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Namnesor posted:

realtalk tho, i've never done tabletop rpgs but my irl friends started doing it weekly back in may using webcams and now i feel left out in life lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this is the poo poo i used to watch in the 90s when babylon 5 wasn't on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGnvRLiQuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrau7S_bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Q3tFK_xEU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

realtalk tho, i've never done tabletop rpgs but my irl friends started doing it weekly back in may using webcams and now i feel left out in life lol

You should ask about joining them! Tabletop gaming is such a creatively-rewarding endeavour. Giving your friends the benefit of the doubt, they might have just thought you weren't interested and would probably be thrilled if you showed interest. I love getting new people into it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

spoiler she's fuckin dope and should never leave the party

It says I've played 40 hours of this game and I'm only at the end of July

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I knew what I was doing from having played the original and my P5R save file still clocked in over 100 hrs by the end.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

sincerely,

Got vaccinated, probably gonna game, good day

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Each palace is more or less sculpted like a season of an anime and so I’m kind of giving each palace space to digest mentally before I tackle them. I suspect I will complete Persona 5 Royal sometime around Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Adieu.