Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

BlueArmyMan posted:

It may be me stretching a lot, but the "KA-THOOOM" & cracked pavement paired with the jagged line across his singlet in the first panel of page 2 made me think of Earthquake:

the thing that made me think of earthquake was earthquake literally being drawn and featured in the thing. The fat guy that looks like a cartoon John Tenta, and has the same tattoo on his arm that Tenta had? That's loving earthquake dude. No reference, actually there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Is there a comic of Jimmy Hart and Earthquake manipulating and twisting Tugboat over a long period of time leading to him ultimately turning on his bros the Bushwhackers to become the mighty and feared Typhoon

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I like the reference to professional wrestling in that comic.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Best tag team

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Never forget that Earthquake almost saved us from Future Terrible Terry Bolea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yEijV8XHrg

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Nice Buddy Landel tattoo.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Hashtag pantie dropper

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

botox your hands, steph.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
not enough love give to the bray wyatt reference in that photo IMO

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, how does it smell?

Man, I really, really wish I couldn't have a conversation about the smell of luchadores' masks. But I will say there's a correlation between their age and whether they stink of cologne when you open the package they come in.

Parka is an old dude. I could smell his cologne from another floor of my house for a solid 2 days. It wasn't a great experience.

But, yeah, I got his mask from LuchaShop. They took down his merch over the summer after La Parka started being difficult, and a couple months later said they could get me a mask, but Parka said he was sick of bootleggers selling his stuff so he would only sell them masks if they made the deal in person.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From this week's Sam Wilson: Captain America.

Lucha Underground exists in the Marvel Universe. No wonder Matt Striker compared Dario Cueto to the Beyonder that one time.

And LOL at the lack of namedropping TNA.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
and WCW already exists in the marvel universe http://comicvine.gamespot.com/wcw/4060-50632/

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
A Lucha underground comic would be great.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The_Rob posted:

A Lucha underground comic would be great.

That exists. They released four one-shots during the beginning of season 2. They're free, so you can find them pretty easily online.

The big takeaway from the comics is that Mil Muertes murdered Big Ryck in-between seasons.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

e: the wrongest of threads

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Delsaber posted:

e: the wrongest of threads

You are welcome here, whatever your intentions.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Gavok posted:

From this week's Sam Wilson: Captain America.

Lucha Underground exists in the Marvel Universe. No wonder Matt Striker compared Dario Cueto to the Beyonder that one time.

And LOL at the lack of namedropping TNA.

Was it UCW that D-Man had wrestled for in Marvel continuity? Same organisation form that Thing annual that was then adapted into an episode of Dexter's Lab? Or does Marvel have more than one wrestling federation?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

magnum_valentino posted:

Was it UCW that D-Man had wrestled for in Marvel continuity? Same organisation form that Thing annual that was then adapted into an episode of Dexter's Lab? Or does Marvel have more than one wrestling federation?

Yeah, this issue even has D-Man returning to the ring. Though the Dexter's Lab ep was based on Thing boxing.

Anyway, that issue of Captain America is a pretty good read as it's a love letter to professional wrestling.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I thought he had some real trouble remember if UWF is supposed to be a work or shoot but I probably just hate Nick Spencer.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Gavok posted:

Yeah, this issue even has D-Man returning to the ring. Though the Dexter's Lab ep was based on Thing boxing.

Anyway, that issue of Captain America is a pretty good read as it's a love letter to professional wrestling.

Sounds good Gav, I'll check it out.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Just got this back from Hero, from the RPW Global Wars show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Germ Incubator posted:

Just got this back from Hero, from the RPW Global Wars show.

Did he beat Shibata?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

could someone post the picture of undertaker making the weird face please

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

That exists. They released four one-shots during the beginning of season 2. They're free, so you can find them pretty easily online.

The big takeaway from the comics is that Mil Muertes murdered Big Ryck in-between seasons.
And used his skull to build his throne.

If I'm not mistaken they're also LU canon.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sk posted:

could someone post the picture of undertaker making the weird face please

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gameshows are weird.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Is this TNA?

This is TNA.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Place your bets now.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:stare:

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

"I'm gonna build a wall and then pawn it off in three years!"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He has been alleged to have provided secret consultation regarding policy to GOP administrations before....

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They put fascism in the bleach.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

They put fascism in the bleach.

poisonous and makes things white, very correct.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

He has been alleged to have provided secret consultation regarding policy to GOP administrations before....

this was my twitter banner for like three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Well sir we just had no idea what to do about this Saddam problem of ours, until Ric just calls up and says to kick his butt.