Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

a kitten posted:

Also, sharing this because it's great.

:five: Amazing. That blush of Rouge is just perfect.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Klades posted:

It would still be possible to condense everyone's combo options into about four, maybe five buttons, which is something I want to try to do if they ever actually release the addon API (and the addon API actually allows anything useful to be made)
Oh god yes, I want to condense poo poo. (The example of combining Inner Beast and Fell Cleave, or Steel Cyclone and the Deliverance version, which you can't possibly use at the same time, would be very nice.) It's just not as easy as that one guy suggested.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The easiest way to condense combos would be to let you just press the final button in the chain. E.g., you press storm's eye and it does heavy swing, maim, or storm's eye depending.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

This is inspired.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

a kitten posted:

Anyway, these tops are from the new dungeons. Anyone know offhand what the girls legs and feet are? They guy is just wearing the full set i think.

Those are Lominsan Officer's Boots. Most likely the pants are either Linen or Taffeta.

Sylvyfish fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 30, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hivac posted:

either this person had no idea xiclopedia existed or they're blowing hot air out of their rear end

They were too poor to buy the prima guide.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Holyshoot posted:

They were too poor to buy the prima guide.

for example, a WAR/WHM combo will be able to

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kafziel posted:

The opportunity of voice chat is nice, yes. Opens things up that text simply doesn't. But requiring it is kinda lovely. Some people don't like to talk, some people have anxiety related to voice communication, some people don't have decent mics or headsets, some people are women who don't want to announce themselves as such because the internet is full of lovely people who will harass them for it, some people are transgender and don't like being forced to out themselves because of a video game, etc.

That's... actually a good point, yeah.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I'm trying to think of all the current plot threads that are open in the game and speculate as to when we might be able to expect resolution, this is what I've come up with:

Alexander and the Illuminati. Resolution: Definitely before 4.0

The Void Queen and Diabolos. Resolution: Definitely before 4.0

The Warring Triad breaking free. Resolution: Probably before 4.0

A fully powered Nidhogg. Resolution: Definitely before 4.0

The impending civil war in Ishgard. Resolution: Definitely before 4.0

The Empire on the march. Resolution: 4.0, 5.0 and beyond.

Lolorito and his desires for Omega. Resolution: Most likely before 4.0?

Ilberd and the renegade Crystal Braves. Resolution: Probably before 4.0

Yda/Papalymo and the refugees. Resolution: Definitely before 4.0

Missing Minfilia. Resolution: Probably before 4.0

The Ascians/Renegade Urianger?/Warriors of Darkness. Resolution: Who knows.

3.1 didn't really have TOO much story advancement, but I feel like it was working to help lay the groundwork for everything to come. Just as the story in 2.1 was pretty loving boring too.

Any other plot threads people can think of?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Mordiceius posted:

So I'm trying to think of all the current plot threads that are open in the game and speculate as to when we might be able to expect resolution, this is what I've come up with:

3.1 didn't really have TOO much story advancement, but I feel like it was working to help lay the groundwork for everything to come. Just as the story in 2.1 was pretty loving boring too.

Any other plot threads people can think of?

Ala Mhigo as a whole: probably the centerpiece of the 4.0 series, as the 4.0 equivalent to Ishgard

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/273349-Gameplay-Addition-Idea-Master-Skills

Bad ideas on the general forums.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Haven't played this for a while, and I originally had it on PC.

I got a PS4 for my birthday last week, and Gamestop had a black Friday deal for Heavensward for $19.99 that also included ARR, so I'm going to get into this again. Has anything changed in the early game that I should be on the lookout for? It's been a year or so since I've played, so I have no idea if any big changes have hit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kafziel posted:

The opportunity of voice chat is nice, yes. Opens things up that text simply doesn't. But requiring it is kinda lovely. Some people don't like to talk, some people have anxiety related to voice communication, some people don't have decent mics or headsets, some people are women who don't want to announce themselves as such because the internet is full of lovely people who will harass them for it, some people are transgender and don't like being forced to out themselves because of a video game, etc.

Assuming you have any audio for the game at all I've never seen "Can't transmit, will reply in chat" not be acceptable.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Boten Anna posted:

Hey Blame Selene and TPT, Lycelle wanted me to pass on to all of you that they're alive and returning soon :3:

Like six pages ago but thank god.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Assuming you have any audio for the game at all I've never seen "Can't transmit, will reply in chat" not be acceptable.

:shrug:I know someone with bad social anxiety who can handle text chat, but voices can push her into panic attack territory. A team-oriented game with built-in voice chat is one she generally just can't play.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh boy, I just messed up and resubbed to this game

Welp here goes

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

While I can certainly get where you all are coming from, I'm always baffled by how contradictory the community is on things. People are always complaining that they want more options, then whenever an idea is discussed that relates to granting more options, they start complaining that more options are pointless because of the BiS nature of the raiding community.....

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

similar people also believe that if content is beatable by literally anybody then it's poo poo for babies that gets handed to everyone

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Is that not the case? I mean this game set new lows for "should be clearable by anyone" but isn't that the definition of easy content?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

By literally anybody i meant "if any single person at all", not "everyone"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kafziel posted:

You forgot "And some people are awful shitheels who will spout every profanity and racial slur to ever exist cause they think its funny."

a kitten posted:

Also, sharing this because it's great.

G-grandma?!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

was i having a fever dream or was there some fix being rolled out to fix duty roulette this week

because god drat the only thing i've been able to do to gear up since hitting 60 last week have been daily trials and hunts

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
This is the "fixed" version. Yes, this obviously worse DF system is the fixed one.

Griz
May 21, 2001

quote:

Greetings,

Thank you for the continued feedback regarding the matching speed of the Duty Roulette since Patch 3.1.

I wanted to share an update regarding the issue wherein the queue time for Duty Roulette: Expert tends to be very long during peak hours. This led us to investigate the type of content players are queueing for and the roles they’ve selected when queueing.

Our investigation has shown the reason that the queue times have increased during peak hours is because of two measures that were implemented in Patch 3.1.

Since a large variety of content that utilizes the instance servers was implemented in Patch 3.1, the server load placed on the server when characters are transferred to an instance has spiked. Therefore, to prevent cases where the instance or World areas could crash, we have placed a limit on the number of character transfers that take place per minute. However, as time has passed since the release of Patch 3.1 and we have confirmed that the servers remain quite stable, we will remove this restriction today. It will not require a hotfix or maintenance to remove this restriction.

We will continue to monitor the server load over the weekend, and if no problems arise, we will not reinstate these restrictions.

Another measure that was implemented in Patch 3.1 would prioritize the queue for players who are queueing for new content specifically over queueing via the Duty Roulette.

We have taken a look at the data and confirmed that more players are queueing for Duty Roulette: Expert over simply selecting Saint Mocianne's Arboretum and Pharos Sirius (Hard) so we will adjust the algorithm during the hotfix planned for Tuesday of next week. After the adjustment, whether the player queues for specific content or the Duty Roulette, they will be handled equally.

Once these changes take place, the issue wherein queue time are longer during peak hours should be addressed. With that said, we will continue to monitor server data and make adjustments as needed.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/270395?p=3452924

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some goons and I ran a diadem HM earlier today.

We were the only party there. No, seriously. Just 8 of us. We spawned 1 notorious monster. It took us around 12 minutes to kill it. The interest in diadem has completely dropped off it looks like.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Because it sucks and is boring and poorly designed.

Of course it will be used for the new relic chain so gird your loins for brachiosaurus atma.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Isn't hard mode usually less populated and generally just run by pre mades? Is normal mode just as dead?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Chyea posted:

Because it sucks and is boring and poorly designed.

Of course it will be used for the new relic chain so gird your loins for brachiosaurus atma.

Oh, christ. I don't need to have a Zeta to start this, do I?

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Just so people don't go spouting about how Diadem is too new content to be recycled for relic chains - the datamined icons for relic chain items include two new atma icons, one being a black crystal and the other being a white crystal. Sounds familiar, no?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Oh, christ. I don't need to have a Zeta to start this, do I?

No. You get a head start, but that's it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It was all planned out from the start! Yoshi-p knew everyone would hate Diadem so he always planned to have the relic force people into it just after everyone agreed it was stupid garbage. Diadem was an inside job.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
GMs knew.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If you connect the NM spawns, black crystals, and white crystals, it spells out TANAKA across the map.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn't hard mode usually less populated and generally just run by pre mades? Is normal mode just as dead?

It can't not be made by pre-mades it's not in DF. It was the preferred farming method on JP servers, they went to gorilla island and I have no idea why the idea of normal mode farming on dino island caught on as the best other that players have too much social anxiety to farm in premades.

The fact that people don't want to do it unless it is raining 20+ i210 pieces a run is testament to how much everyone hates it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Chyea posted:

Just so people don't go spouting about how Diadem is too new content to be recycled for relic chains - the datamined icons for relic chain items include two new atma icons, one being a black crystal and the other being a white crystal. Sounds familiar, no?

considering they were originally slotted for 3.1 and the entire theme is light and darkness i'd say anything is likely

attach the relics to pvp yoshi do it

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
What they really should do is Legendary Traits quest chains - modifications to abilities every X number of patches so things get shaken up just a little.

I'd grind so many loving atma to have a trait that lets me get 1 Chakra charge everytime GL3 is refreshed, or a trait that made Clemency instant cast if you had full MP, or allowing Dissipation to automatically resummon your faerie when the buff fades.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Runefaust posted:

I got a PS4 for my birthday last week, and Gamestop had a black Friday deal for Heavensward for $19.99 that also included ARR, so I'm going to get into this again.

Quoting because if anyone else wants to get the PS4 version this deal is live again for Cyber Monday

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

kafziel posted:

While I can certainly get where you all are coming from, I'm always baffled by how contradictory the community is on things. People are always complaining that they want more options, then whenever an idea is discussed that relates to granting more options, they start complaining that more options are pointless because of the BiS nature of the raiding community.....

The problem is, to actually have more options they need to come from things like good class design. On the other hand, "Here, everyone can staple their favorite ability to another job" just means everyone picks up Hallowed Ground or Scourge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I die a little bit inside every time I DF bugdad ex and the group implodes. I have seven totems, I know it's possible to get it done with pubbies, and surgically, too! And all because I just need two more ilvl points to put me at i190 on my alt jobs.

And then I can do this poo poo all over again with Bardmode.

• Locked thread