Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:mrgw:

Whales have really weird refund triggers. Who in their right mind seriously believes CIG is doing anything with VR in mind?

The thing with the whales is, they have to hear the news directly from CIG before they believe anything would be removed or improbable to add.

Once they hear that the fetish/feature they are clinging onto is suddenly looking like being dropped, it takes the wind right out of their sails and they have a moment of clarity where the drunken haze of promised features suddenly clears and gives way to the realities of broken features, missing items, promises that have long been forgotten and when coupled with the length of time taken so far to achieve a broken flight arena, a broken fps level, a useless hanger and a broken 'walk around aimlessly' section they sober up and understand why people have doubts and why a refund is a good idea. :)

*Sorry for the long winded sentance*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/826814534576844801

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
VR could turn into a real sticking point. I think that and private servers will cause the proper meltdows as they both tap into the lone commando and his personal space fantasy the most. They can put up with anything as long as some day they get to float in space alone in VR and immerse themselves into their dream life.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Everything he loves ect

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

:mrgw:

Whales have really weird refund triggers. Who in their right mind seriously believes CIG is doing anything with VR in mind?

That's an epic list.

1. Squadron 42 (MIA, but I'm sure a vertical slice demo will... oh)
2. Co-op Mode (will be "the last thing" CIG does - lando)
3. VR (not considered at the design phase, incompatible on many levels)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

VR could turn into a real sticking point. I think that and private servers will cause the proper meltdows as they both tap into the lone commando and his personal space fantasy the most. They can put up with anything as long as some day they get to float in space alone in VR and immerse themselves into their dream life.

This, is exactly what my thoughts were. That specific demographic of 'lone gamers' who have pinned their hopes and dreams on CIG's project, who want to wallow in their darkened rooms away from any family or social activities. They are the people who have whaled the most, the big spenders in SC due to few rl commitments and social anxiety, their chance at living a life where they feel like the hero, immersed completely in a scifi wunderland, flying their own ship in VR with their nearly naked sister, seem to be becoming more and more distant and unachievable. Their doubts are starting to set in, it's only a matter of time now until they pull the trigger on the refunds. :)

Could really use MoMa's insight into this tbh, where'd he go?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

This, is exactly what my thoughts were. That specific demographic of 'lone gamers' who have pinned their hopes and dreams on CIG's project, who want to wallow in their darkened rooms away from any family or social activities. They are the people who have whaled the most, the big spenders in SC due to few rl commitments and social anxiety, their chance at living a life where they feel like the hero, immersed completely in a scifi wunderland, flying their own ship in VR with their nearly naked sister, seem to be becoming more and more distant and unachievable. Their doubts are starting to set in, it's only a matter of time now until the pull the trigger on the refunds. :)

And the thing is, I am totally on their side on this one.
They've been sold a product that ticks all the boxes in their ideal fantasy sci fi life in space. All they have done in reality is say 'gently caress yeah count me in' and are delighted to finally have this thing they long for, I can't criticise them for that. CIG is loving them over big time.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

peter gabriel posted:

Mush-mouth will come out and say something completely ambiguous and unintellegible about the future of VR in star citizen and shitizens will instantly interpret it as "We are definitely getting the most advanced VR experience ever created very soon. It's actually already done."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

This, is exactly what my thoughts were. That specific demographic of 'lone gamers' who have pinned their hopes and dreams on CIG's project, who want to wallow in their darkened rooms away from any family or social activities. They are the people who have whaled the most, the big spenders in SC due to few rl commitments and social anxiety, their chance at living a life where they feel like the hero, immersed completely in a scifi wunderland, flying their own ship in VR with their nearly naked sister, seem to be becoming more and more distant and unachievable. Their doubts are starting to set in, it's only a matter of time now until they pull the trigger on the refunds. :)

MoMA goes to ground when there isn't either A) Damage control or B) gloating to be done.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Like expect 2 months of complete silence on the issue then a video demoing vr in "star citizen", followed by a concept sale.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Quavers posted:

I've noticed /r/dereksmart don't archive Derek's many tweets that focus on the Trump drama, and that the archives are 90% Star Citizen related. I thought their policy was to archive all his statements so that they can be referenced if/when he changes his mind at a later time.

Does that therefore mean they support Derek's activities against Trump? Someone should inform /r/The_Donald that Star Citizen fans are against their President.

Derek's political tweets are cancer. Had to unfollow him on Facebook as well due to some pretty dumb poo poo he was posting. Star Citizen being a scam is apparently the only thing I agree with Derek on.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

MoMA goes to ground when there isn't either A) Damage control or B) gloating to be done.

Has there ever been anything about Star Citizen worth gloating over?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Meridian posted:

Has there ever been anything about Star Citizen worth gloating over?

Honestly no

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Helmet 2.0

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Did they ever unfuck the patcher that they committed to unfucking last year?

No. Its been relegated to the Jesus Patch.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

There's something amiss...

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
This shirt is nothing short of hilarious.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

void commandoButtonPress(commando Commando(commando.active, string buttonPressed))
{
server.sync();
if (buttonPressed = "medkitbutton") { Commando.runanim(usemedkit) }
server.sync(); //uuhh don't remove this guys
delay(300);
//sooo let's fix those broken references???
if ( ! Commando.animrunning)
{
commandoButtonPress(commando.next) // check for faulty execution, correct
}
else { buttonPressed = ""}
server.sync();
delay(300);
delay(400); //a bit more needed for the krauts I guess
server.sync();
server.sync(); //gotcha
}

Fuuuuuck this triggers me so much more than it should. How do I downvote you as a person?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Baxta posted:

Fuuuuuck this triggers me so much more than it should. How do I downvote you as a person?

Will be available in Reddit 2.0 along the Jesus Patch.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Poor sob doesn't realize bullets 1 through 3 already happened with bullet 4 on the way.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sabreseven posted:

Please stop doxxing me.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Cymelion just laid out a Roadmap to ELE that we're already partway through. End times indeed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr Fronts posted:

That's an epic list.

1. Squadron 42 (MIA, but I'm sure a vertical slice demo will... oh)
2. Co-op Mode (will be "the last thing" CIG does - lando)
3. VR (not considered at the design phase, incompatible on many levels)

I think I like the term refund trigger, I'll try to make it a thing

gonna need your help guys

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:roflolmao:

nobody post this at him when they shut the doors, that would be mean.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I guess I should have added PVP, I mean the DayZ inspired games that never get out of early access. Ark's devs even had the balls to sell DLC for an unfinished game, they should team up with CIG to become ultra lovely or something.

Ark is a rare gem though. Its getting tons of additional content and is actually a good playable game. I really enjoy it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/SAfwsX9.gifv

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This obey-the-fist dude is on a serious bender about goons faking refund emails lol.

Please tell me this is one of you guys and nobody is actually that loving brokebrained about /r/starcitizen_refunds

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

This obey-the-fist dude is on a serious bender about goons faking refund emails lol.

Please tell me this is one of you guys and nobody is actually that loving brokebrained about /r/starcitizen_refunds

Sorry not me. Being Cymelion and Stupidquestionsbot is hard enough.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wow that's some nasty FUD

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

He is on to us.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

DapperDon posted:

This shirt is nothing short of hilarious.

I would buy one, but the meta involved trying to explain the real reason I bought is the deal-breaker

also it would be the ultimate self-cockblock

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sabreseven posted:

Thanks to Asp Explorer on the FD forums for digging this out.

Behold, an mushmouth well out of his depth and stammering for excuses and other random explanations.

https://youtu.be/t45Ls1otq1k?t=1975

So um, yeah, no....ah.....

Still laugh till my sides split at his eventual, clammouring, reaching, sweaty answer of "it would happen for the multicrew combat" having any relevance to anything ever.

Edit, made the quote correct through tears of laughter.

I need to watch this later.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/290580/More_layoffs_at_Crytek_as_Frankfurt_publishing_ops_are_scaled_down.php

thi sis good for star citizen

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Please stop doxxing me.

:mmmhmm:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Look, unless they unfuck the interstitial animations, VR is a non-starter anyway. You have to design for VR from day one, as it informs most every aspect of design. CIG has not done that. There is not just a switch to flip.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

I need to watch this later.
Cliff notes: VR is great, we're totally doing it. It's not like you have to design a game around it, you just have to flip a switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I have nothing funny here. It's Obey-The-Fist. I have never had anything resembling the faintest chance of the possibility that we might get close to the probability of a sane conversation with he/she/it/bunnyman.