Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Keep it away from HOAs! https://jalopnik.com/missouri-hoa-threatens-to-foreclose-on-truck-owners-hou-1834620421

e:ugh snype, here is a pic from a few years back of my old 4runner after getting her all shined up

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That picture was taken at my property - no worry about HOAs in BFE.

Funny story though, my wife's friend did a photo shoot thing with it and posted some pictures publicly on FB and some random Boomer was like "needs body work and paint". :v:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Might be the first one here with one----- just sold our 2012 MCA Mustang and got a 2019 Veloster N w/perf pack. Complements my wife's modded Fiesta ST nicely!

Really really loving the active exhaust and rev matching. This thing _sounds_ incredible! Feels way way way better than a stock Focus ST, which is what we were looking at before they stopped manufacture.

For those not familiar with the N-line, Hyundai stole some engineers from BMW and decided to make a new performance line, ala ST, SVT, etc--- and this is the first model available. This has rev-matching, LSD, electronically adjustable suspension, and active exhaust. It's wicked sick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks awesome!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Looks nice, grats. Don't they have a super weird door situation?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Looks nice, grats. Don't they have a super weird door situation?

Yes, there's a rear door only on the passenger side and the handle to open it is up at the back of the window you can see in the second photo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Perfect

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

It’s a done deal:

I have found more in receipts for modzzzzz than I paid for the car.

On that note, the car is bonkers. I’ll do a burnout soon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

looks slow

tow a trailer with it!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Powershift posted:

looks slow

tow a trailer with it!

That's the whole point of the wagon, duh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Holy gently caress pls post a thread about that

doogle
May 24, 2003

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

Excuse me sir, what wheels are those?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

I would say it's sex on wheels, but those wheels make it sex on...sex?

Goddamn that's cool.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That is insanely cool. Mama mia

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

God drat Tremek.

GODDAMN.

:dong:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

:eyepop: this fuckin owns

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
That's a drat cool car (congrats!) but that neon pink/red stuff burns my retinas.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

thetechnoloser posted:

2019 Veloster N w/perf pack.
Please check in later, I'd like to see what this is like to live with in a few months.

Those aren't the perf pack wheels, though. Hope the dealer didn't try to screw you.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

In this moment you have become AI's most storied poster of all time. This is peak AI.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

Witnessed!

:perfect:

You rule Tremek.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Jesus christ almighty that wagon is the SECOND COMING of our lord and savior.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea that rules and what is it with German cars and putting half a million dollars into it then selling it. My buddy just did the same thing with an older M3, sold it for 10k less than just the maintenance/bulletproofing and mods he just did to it. I did the same thing with my GTI, lucky buyers every time.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

In this moment you have become AI's most storied poster of all time. This is peak AI.

Nah no way, tons of people on here do way cooler things, I’m just fortunate to get to drive fun stuff from time to time.

In Kingman, AZ for an In n’ Out break. Car is excellent

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Man, of all the cool wagons posted in here that has to take the cake. Freaking stunning. So jealous.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Just bought my first Miata: an ‘04 PS with the sport package, bone stock. I wanted red, but compromised on color because it was a great price and otherwise exactly what I wanted. It’s a little ratty, but mechanically solid. I can’t wait to spend some summer weekends driving this thing through twisties in the woods on the way to the beach.

One of the saddest things about my life is that I can't fit in a Miata without surgery (either me or the car.) Dang short-rear end Japanese building a car tailored to themselves.

Tremek posted:

It’s a done deal:

I like that more than I liked your CTS-Vagon, but only just. Mainly because that thing will haul more stuff along with "rear end".
Wish I could afford one.

quote:

Good man.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

TheGoatTrick posted:

Please check in later, I'd like to see what this is like to live with in a few months.

Those aren't the perf pack wheels, though. Hope the dealer didn't try to screw you.

Nah, you're totally right. We were cross-shopping two possible Ns and the non-perf ended up being the one available. My fault. Still p. happy with it---- pulls way stronger than a stock Focus ST still.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Darchangel posted:

One of the saddest things about my life is that I can't fit in a Miata without surgery (either me or the car.) Dang short-rear end Japanese building a car tailored to themselves.

I’m kind of shocked how well I fit into it, given the gut I’ve put on in the past few years. I’m surprised an AE86 would fit you if a Miata wouldn’t, though. In my head, those things are tiny.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i could probably fit in one with the seat out.

tain't no way i'm ever fitting in an S2000 though.

Clarkson drove a honda beat, so i have hope that i could fit into that with the seat out.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Come, weary traveler, and I will show you the way.

https://www.advanced-autosports.com/products/spec-miata-floor-drop

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

doogle posted:

Excuse me sir, what wheels are those?

I think they are these wheels - and I am probably going to sell them once I get the car home because if I40 west of Flagstaff is any indication of how this poor car will get treated by Colorado’s roads, they won’t last.

I think I need to go back down to 19s and put more sidewall back on the car. Open to wheel suggestions... As I will track the thing I don’t want just lovely Chinesium fashion wheels, I want forged and durable if possible.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Tremek posted:

I think they are these wheels - and I am probably going to sell them once I get the car home because if I40 west of Flagstaff is any indication of how this poor car will get treated by Colorado’s roads, they won’t last.

I think I need to go back down to 19s and put more sidewall back on the car. Open to wheel suggestions... As I will track the thing I don’t want just lovely Chinesium fashion wheels, I want forged and durable if possible.

Dang, too rich for my blood. Those wheels would have looked awesome on my Chevy SS, but I'll keep looking. I'd check out APEX if I were you, I will probably go with EC-7s in 19x8.5/19x9.5. or HRE FF15s in the same size. I'll have to run hub adapters, but luckily the SS uses 5x120 like the M3 with similar offsets so I have a good amount of choice.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

doogle posted:

Dang, too rich for my blood. Those wheels would have looked awesome on my Chevy SS, but I'll keep looking. I'd check out APEX if I were you, I will probably go with EC-7s in 19x8.5/19x9.5. or HRE FF15s in the same size. I'll have to run hub adapters, but luckily the SS uses 5x120 like the M3 with similar offsets so I have a good amount of choice.

Speaking of M3/M4 wheels - when I had my -V I found a square set of 18x10 (rear) factory forged wheels that I ran Proxes RRs on that cleared the calipers and didn’t rub anywhere even at 285 widths; granted a SS (assuming the VF sedan and not Camaro) will be a bit different but man it all worked:

This one weird trick will make both BMW and Cadillac owners uncomfortable!!!

On my GXP I was lazy and just ran 5th gen Camaro SS 20s.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

doogle posted:

Dang, too rich for my blood. Those wheels would have looked awesome on my Chevy SS, but I'll keep looking.
There's a ton of wheel manufacturers that make that same style for less money, check out the Rohana RFX11, 305Forged FT105 or FT106, Vorsteiner V-FF 105, etc. They tend to be rotary or flow forged or whatever they want to call it, but better than cast.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I don't love wheels that are that open because people can see how much rust has built up on my rotors from not driving enough.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dadliest Worrier posted:

I’m kind of shocked how well I fit into it, given the gut I’ve put on in the past few years. I’m surprised an AE86 would fit you if a Miata wouldn’t, though. In my head, those things are tiny.

In an NA, my knees are tucked up between the dash and steering wheel, and I'm looking at the bar across the top of the windshield.
I *almost* fit in an NB. I can drive an NC - actually did so for a Mazda drive event - but it's not particularly comfortable.
I wedged into an ND at the car show and it was hilarious. Zero chance of closing the retractable hardtop on the RF I tried out. My head was taller than the windshield. I think I was more comfortable in the Alfa 4C hardtop, which wasn't at all comfortable.

That, and a thin Kirkey-style seat, would be the necessary surgery I was speaking of. On the car, at least.

kimbo305 posted:

I don't love wheels that are that open because people can see how much rust has built up on my rotors from not driving enough.

One quick stop takes car of that tout de suite.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Tremek posted:

This one weird trick will make both BMW and Cadillac owners uncomfortable!!!

I tried a set of 2nd gen CTS-V wheels on my SS (VF sedan, not Camaro), but they just didn't do it for me. I have a '15 so the stock wheels aren't that bad, if it was a '16 or '17 I would have swapped them for something else already.

They also clear V2 brakes!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Great car, you are clearly a person of taste and sophistication.

A few years ago I was debating what to replace the V with, and I met a local dude with a manual SS and we drove each others’ cars as he was thinking about putting an LSA blower on his car. The VF is seriously under appreciated.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms

Is it just my imagination or does the headlights and grill opening make this car look like its yelling "Wheeeee!" as its going around the turn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Loanarn posted:

Is it just my imagination or does the headlights and grill opening make this car look like its yelling "Wheeeee!" as its going around the turn?
someone post the car faces thing