Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Looking great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
p sure that guy was my therapist for like two years

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Got the call today, going in for surgery tomorrow, the second will be following soon after. So, that is thrilling!

Still up in the air on the whole hysterectomy thing, so that's also really cool.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hugs and love and coffee and poo poo, we'll be here to greet you on the flip side ❤

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Scathach posted:

Hugs and love and coffee and poo poo, we'll be here to greet you on the flip side ❤
Yeah, all of this.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

My doctor said that I am full of muscle and bravery and beauty, and not to lose an ounce more weight. And to never listen to anyone, including myself, about losing weight. Only him. He knows very well about my history with eating disorders. My prescription is to have a VERY BIG SUPPER, and to tell anyone who ever questions my body to go gently caress themselves. Doctor A+++++

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
sounds like you got yourself one good-rear end doctor

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Teagan posted:

My doctor said that I am full of muscle and bravery and beauty, and not to lose an ounce more weight. And to never listen to anyone, including myself, about losing weight. Only him. He knows very well about my history with eating disorders. My prescription is to have a VERY BIG SUPPER, and to tell anyone who ever questions my body to go gently caress themselves. Doctor A+++++

This is the best news! Tell us about your supper!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Gonna make gooey fried eggs, roasted potatoes, and leftover turkey with homemade cranberry sauce. I am having a beer on the deck with my father, currently!!!

The doctor also gave me a referral to a female obgyn who would be more than willing to cut out my uterus. Best appointment so far!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

You have an awesome doctor. I'm really happy for you, a lot of people can't find that.

You look hella good, too.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Oct 9, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Teagan posted:

The toughest of cutes!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

drat Teag it’s been a rough year but stay your usual positive self.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Thanks guys <3 I am going to try to get more positive and just you know, keep on keeping on! Tomorrow will be fine. The worst part will be driving around downtown Montreal with my dad in his old van, haha!

I appreciate how supportive and lovely you have all been! Here, and elsewhere!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody liked my dog. :smithcloud:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Randaconda posted:

Nobody liked my dog. :smithcloud:
Our love for your dog is implicit. Upon seeing him, we nod in approval and think to ourselves: "hell, yeah, nice dog!" and to us this is so self evident that it doesn' bear mentioning.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I think your dog is great and I'd throw a ball for him if I was nearby.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flipperwaldt posted:

Our love for your dog is implicit. Upon seeing him, we nod in approval and think to ourselves: "hell, yeah, nice dog!" and to us this is so self evident that it doesn' bear mentioning.
yeah don't worry we love your pupper :3:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This is a good dog

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Teagan posted:

Doctor of the motherfucking year.

loving getem girl :love:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Flipperwaldt posted:

also this :cool:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy poo poo, Halloween bird

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:3:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Oct 10, 2018

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
2:45 and bored at work waiting on ambulances to clear

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
"You've been arrived at the hospital for 40 minutes, please update status."

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Queen Combat posted:

"You've been arrived at the hospital for 40 minutes, please update status."

"... uh, oh. Uhhh, start the wait clock"

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
>Knows their truck has a broken AVL (maybe that's why they picked it that day)

>Goes to the notoriously slow psych facility, sees two crews already stacked up on the one pick-up lobby.

>Goes to the QuikTrip across the street instead.

"Uhh, medic 315, we're on scene."

"Copy 315, on scene."

>Orders a custom pan pizza

Just kidding but not really. I love my dispatchers.

(Key for browsers, avl = vehicle tracking GPS, quicktrip a glorious gas station with kitchens)

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Oct 10, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
>picks up simple BLS pt on game day in university town

>purposely convince pt to go to large regional hospital that is currently overloaded with drunks and idiots from the game

>"forced" to wait 2 hours for a bed.

>hang out browsing the forums while everyone else runs the calls to and from the stadium.

I uh, I've never done this.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

>picks up simple BLS pt on game day in university town

>purposely convince pt to go to large regional hospital that is currently overloaded with drunks and idiots from the game

>"forced" to wait 2 hours for a bed.

>hang out browsing the forums while everyone else runs the calls to and from the stadium.

I uh, I've never done this.

Is Shands never not busy as hell?

Well, except Shands at Starke. I went there for some facial swelling last year (cellulitis, of all things) and there wasn't a single person in the waiting room.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I legit tried to run as many calls as were safely possible, because it meant I might not be held over that night (we were the single 1300-0100 crew in a sea of 0600-1800 and 1200-0000 trucks, we specifically existed to help midnight crews get home on time to swap with their dayshifters, we had no counterpart and thus could be held easily). We also got $10/call after the first four as part of our contract.

But if I were a day truck instead of swing, where call volume is essentially infinite... 100% with ya on that. That said, If you're going to insist that we drop off at 'Delaywood,' not my fault if we have to hug a wall for two hours.

I also never stole power bari gurneys from downed/broken trucks so we could run most bari calls without having to wait for a lift assist (ensuring more crews were available to run calls, instead of having to lift assist us), knowing that at the earliest the truck would be back in service was 0600 the next day. Never :ssh:

Edit: oh gently caress this is the selfie thread. Got carried away

Begone, mustache shadow!

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 09:59 on Oct 10, 2018

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.
They're rowdy teens now, but this is maybe the only selfie where I got most of the kittens in the shot.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

all dogs own

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Teagan posted:

Isn't it bad to eat before surgery? Like its actually dangerous to eat/drink due to the anesthesia, not just the doc not wanting to get poo poo on.

Read about a lady who died by lighting herself on fire farting on a laser during surgery. That is probably one of the coolest "how'd they die?" responses you could give.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
My hair is getting long. I need to cut it.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

COOL CORN posted:

Aww shucks :haw:

You could always pay someone to cut it :haw:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

JEEVES420 posted:

Isn't it bad to eat before surgery? Like its actually dangerous to eat/drink due to the anesthesia, not just the doc not wanting to get poo poo on.

Read about a lady who died by lighting herself on fire farting on a laser during surgery. That is probably one of the coolest "how'd they die?" responses you could give.

Old medical practice that is slowly falling out of favor, hospital by hospital. It's been known since, like, the 1890s (yes, 120 years ago) that there isn't much danger at all allowing people to eat up to 4 hours prior, and drink fluids up to 2 hours prior. But a flawed 1994 study kind of got its claws embedded at the Mayo Clinic Hospital Rochester, and the rest of the US followed. If you do a google search for "preoperative fasting ncbi" you'll see tons of studies saying it's not necessary. One showed that more people may die from complications related to fasting (blood sugar, electrolytes, elderly) than would potentially die in surgery from aspirating in their lungs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

COOL CORN posted:

Which one! :dadjoke:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Twas a dark and stormy day at the university's art building.

(First time phone posting a photo and assuming i gently caress this up)

Queen-Of-Hearts has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Oct 11, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Twas a dark and stormy day at the university's art building.

(First time phone posting a photo and assuming i gently caress this up)
I gotchu fam:

You need to link to the image itself, not the imgur page. So long-tap or right-click on the image, select "copy URL" or "copy image location," and use that. On Firefox mobile you have to long-tap and click "view image," then copy the URL from there.

For extra fun, instead of posting the full-size image, put an "h" (for "h"uge) after the name but before the .jpg portion. 12345.jpg becomes 12345h.jpg. Saves a ton of loading time that can mess with awful.apk.

E: for playful wording, technically I'm going to court today to kill a man.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Oct 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Queen Combat posted:

You need to link to the image itself, not the imgur page. So long-tap or right-click on the image, select "copy URL" or "copy image location," and use that. On Firefox mobile you have to long-tap and click "view image," then copy the URL from there.

For extra fun, instead of posting the full-size image, put an "h" (for "h"uge) after the name but before the .jpg portion. 12345.jpg becomes 12345h.jpg. Saves a ton of loading time that can mess with awful.apk.

Thanks, friend <3