Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Sheer amount of bullshit you can pull with Charge

Man

It's going to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The new pull is so good. It was already a fun ability for loving around with physics, but now it's also got the old multiplayer Lash ability built-in -- it is god-tier physics fuckery. Any build without Pull is missing out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Burkion posted:

The Sheer amount of bullshit you can pull with Charge

Man

It's going to be good

Yeah, and the vanguard profile recharging shields with your melee attacks makes playing some kind of comic book superhero seem feasible. Biotic Charge, punch, Pull to grab targets that escape your charge or that you want to chunk outwards to turn into anchors for your charge, maybe Backlash to soak ranged hits when you don't have anyone to punch and Charge is on cooldown...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my face is tired of playing this game

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

my face is tired of playing this game

Is that really the best you can do this late in the thread man?

I'm ashamed.

Here we are, actually talking about the fun things you can do in the game, that has nothing to do with questionable animations, and this is the best counter you have.

Just come on man shape up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Untrue, Salarians are in fact the best space race

Salarians > Turians > Krogans > Batarians > Geth >>>>>>>>> Quarians >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asari

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the arrows in this case represent how hard I get for each race obv

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Is that really the best you can do this late in the thread man?

I'm ashamed.

Here we are, actually talking about the fun things you can do in the game, that has nothing to do with questionable animations, and this is the best counter you have.

Just come on man shape up.

what

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Bad voice acting in games is almost always due to poor direction. The people who do this for a living are all professionals and have a million imdb credits from other games and animated series to their name. Even the poor tired face lady has probably put in great work elsewhere.

Scott's VA has been in two games: ME:A and Octodad (as Octodad.) He also did a voice for a short cartoon.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5916223/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

the one positive people can cite about ME:A is 'it is fun', often with 'i can be a vanguard'

nothing else matters.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
did anyone find out if training has any dialogue bearing

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Captain Oblivious posted:

In theory. If so I think running Singularity/Annihilation/Lance could be a hilarious Adept build :v:

Throw/Annihilation/Lance is one of the multiplayer classes. You can make the Lance cost shields instead of cooldown and you can make Annihilation field refill your shields (every ally in the fields shields even) when something in it dies. It is quite silly even with the field not instantly re-priming enemies that live after a combo. Just dash into a group of enemies and throw a lance at each one, everything explodes.

The only thing that could improve that class is charge instead of throw.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

steakmancer posted:

did anyone find out if training has any dialogue bearing

Nope - plus you can change it at any time on the ship.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Has anyone watching the streams seen any evidence of relevant player choices yet?

The fact that the Turian murder side quest is how it is isn't promising.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milky Moor posted:

Has anyone watching the streams seen any evidence of relevant player choices yet?

The fact that the Turian murder side quest is how it is isn't promising.

I did see one bit where you chose whether or not to kill an AI and then if you give it back to the Strayans or let it go live with SAM or whatever. I also remember the streamer saying "What? That's it?" right after making the choice.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I did see one bit where you chose whether or not to kill an AI and then if you give it back to the Strayans or let it go live with SAM or whatever. I also remember the streamer saying "What? That's it?" right after making the choice.

They're not called Strayans, they're called Angoras. Like the sweater.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seriously considering playing Dude Ryder so I can turn Cora down. Really lame that Sara can't date her honestly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was kind of worried that this game centered around exploration in a huge new galaxy would have a whole bunch of new races, but I'm glad they decided to keep things simple with just two.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I was kind of worried that this game centered around exploration in a huge new galaxy would have a whole bunch of new races, but I'm glad they decided to keep things simple with just two.

It's really good. It keeps the focus on the exhilarating combat that's always been the core element of the Mass Effect gameplay/story experience.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Eej posted:

Honestly ME:A would've been a much more interesting game if they actually did go out to spread Colonialism far and wide and you could decide for yourself whether it was cool and good to casually genocide or enslave the natives

Eh, I'd say if we discovered the Citadel first and basically set up a civilization of aliens or just humans like Star Control.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Remember your first time meeting an Elcor? Or a Hanar? Or a Volus? I'm glad they didn't create wonderful little moments like that again, it'd be too overwhelming.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

precision posted:

Really lame that Sara can't date her honestly.

She's the tough, badass woman. Per Bioware tradition, that means she's straight and it's the girly, super-feminine lady who's gay.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Milky Moor posted:

It's really good. It keeps the focus on the exhilarating combat that's always been the core element of the Mass Effect gameplay/story experience.

It really was a brilliant decision by BioWare to hand over the entire game to the multiplayer studio! :yeah:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grondoth posted:

Remember your first time meeting an Elcor? Or a Hanar? Or a Volus?

In ME1? Yeah I remember, I remember thinking that all three of them were dumb gimmicks.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Remember your first time meeting an Elcor? Or a Hanar? Or a Volus? I'm glad they didn't create wonderful little moments like that again, it'd be too overwhelming.

Elcor was the guy asking about the Consort, Volus was the jackass ambassador next to him, Hanar was Big Stupid Jellyfish :colbert:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

monster on a stick posted:

They're not called Strayans, they're called Angoras. Like the sweater.

gently caress off! They're wool?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

exquisite tea posted:

I mean it *kinda* makes sense. And probably why they limited it to one cluster

I mean Humans were the only sapient race in their cluster until they found the mass relays and were able to explore other clusters and make their way to the galactic stage. Considering they seemingly don't have Relays to make galaxy wide travel quick as hell in Andromeda.

It's not exactly a satisfying answer but welp.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Hanar have penis heads

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My PS4 is telling me it's already downloaded the Day One patch, so why can't I play yet god drat it

I guess I'll just play a bunch of Nier tonight, maybe try and finish up the story missions in Horizon, maybe stream some Yakuza 0

#gamesworldproblems

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

In ME1? Yeah I remember, I remember thinking that all three of them were dumb gimmicks.

Monotone voice: This one does not appreciate good world building

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

I mean Humans were the only sapient race in their cluster until they found the mass relays and were able to explore other clusters and make their way to the galactic stage. Considering they seemingly don't have Relays to make galaxy wide travel quick as hell in Andromeda.

Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy. Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity's new home

Note: New galaxy means about six planets and two new alien species.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Dexo posted:

yeah but, wouldn't the number of space-faring species in the milky way be artificially low both due to the relays linking every system together, and the reaper's regular murder-sprees?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Milky Moor posted:

Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy. Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity's new home

I mean you are unraveling the mysteries of whatever section of the Andromeda Galaxy you landed in.

Who knows what other mysteries or aliens are in other clusters of the Andromeda galaxy. Find out in ME Andromeda 2: No really this the time animations are better.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

yeah but, wouldn't the number of space-faring species in the milky way be artificially low both due to the relays linking every system together, and the reaper's regular murder-sprees?

Keep in mind. The only reason any of the Milky way races were able to meet was was because the Reapers essentially designed it that way.

Any race that was able to get some level of space travel was eventually able to find prothean(and their forerunners etc etc) tech and use it.

This galaxy seemingly has no such thing. So species could be more isolated than the Milky Way Races were who were all designed to funnel to one spot.

I mean the real answer is obviously budgetary and design doc reasons but yeah.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

My PS4 is telling me it's already downloaded the Day One patch, so why can't I play yet god drat it

I guess I'll just play a bunch of Nier tonight, maybe try and finish up the story missions in Horizon, maybe stream some Yakuza 0

#gamesworldproblems

Finish noted good game Horizon!

While I enjoyed the Elcor and Volus, they they didn't really show up a ton in the old games. It would be nice if there were more races to meet in this one. I daresay it could have been fun to actually have a non-human MC as as character choice as well. Ohhhh welllll

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Milky Moor posted:

Man, it's almost like they didn't have to go through the trouble of setting out for a whole new galaxy when some undiscovered part of the Milky Way would have done just as well, without so many glaring holes in the narrative.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Man, it's almost like they didn't have to go through the trouble of setting out for a whole new galaxy when some undiscovered part of the Milky Way would have done just as well, without so many glaring holes in the narrative.

Tea, my friend, are you impugning the creative vision of Mac "A New DNA" Walters?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Like i said yesterday, i think this is pretty bullshit. I understand the viewpoint that it's low effort to make all characters bi, but given how few options there are it sucks to not have her as an option. Let lesbians enjoy their space sex simulator too.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

But seriously, everything about ME:A so far seems like it could've been set past a previously unopened Mass Relay just prior to ME3 which then goes dark as Shepard Does A Thing, stranding the colonist mission who need to survive and make friends with whatever lies beyond - or subjugate it ruthlessly.

But then they wouldn't get the no-doubt-going-to-reference something Andromeda Initiative (AI), I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Then you still have to deal with the fallout of the Reapers and what became of the Synthetics, Shepard and all that mess.

I think the new Galaxy is the right call, but like with most things it comes down to execution.