Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Endgame spoilers incoming

I watched it yesterday (also hosed and ate rear end, in case you were wondering) and it was a good day on both counts, even if the time travel nature of the film leaves a lot of questions open if you start to think about it for too long.

I pity the fool who didn't enjoy comic books as a child, or just is kind of a sad and boring guy, and lacks the ability to appreciate these movies as a part of the human experience of mythology. Iron Man is like a modern god, and you don't have to believe he ever existed to share the experience with others. Thor's just a god, don't even have to throw modern in there.

Embrace your inner primitive, feel what people feel when they gather in a church or a mosque, except you know it's a movie, so it's less stupid.

Naw I don’t really enjoy those movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

doverhog posted:

Endgame spoilers incoming

I watched it yesterday (also hosed and ate rear end, in case you were wondering) and it was a good day on both counts, even if the time travel nature of the film leaves a lot of questions open if you start to think about it for too long.

I pity the fool who didn't enjoy comic books as a child, or just is kind of a sad and boring guy, and lacks the ability to appreciate these movies as a part of the human experience of mythology. Iron Man is like a modern god, and you don't have to believe he ever existed to share the experience with others. Thor's just a god, don't even have to throw modern in there.

Embrace your inner primitive, feel what people feel when they gather in a church or a mosque, except you know it's a movie, so it's less stupid.

lol jfc

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This thread is good.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

doverhog posted:

also hosed and ate rear end, in case you were wondering

I was yes, please elaborate

should there have been a comma after hosed this is important

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Well asked. For the sake of clarity there probably should be a comma there but I felt like the sentence had a better flow without it.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

could you detect any flavours from your concession purchases ??

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

I heard you can die from a peanut allergy if your partenr eats a peanut and you tongue punch their fartbox

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Didn't really detect any flavours, however have a few times before. In fact I'm pretty sure I advised people in this thread how to eat rear end before, maybe it was another thread. Here goes again either way: try to make sure things are clean before you go in, but in case there is some flavour, have character and don't back out because that will really kill the mood.

And I got no food allergies.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The Sopranos being bad is a next level terrible opinion. And thinking the show is supposed to be about Tony being a "badass" is :laffo:

Much like Breaking Bad, probably at least half of the show’s fans think that’s what it’s about.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i wish the "we live in a society meme" used walter white instead of the joker

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Radiohead is actually a good band

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Henchman of Santa posted:

Much like Breaking Bad, probably at least half of the show’s fans think that’s what it’s about.

Anyone who thinks Walt is a badass doesn't know what a badass is. Saul was 100% right when he said they suck rear end at being criminal masterminds. Walt is just a whiny nerd who lucked into being in a position of power because his only competition was people like Gale. The "I am the one who knocks" and "say my name" scenes aren't powerful, they're hilarious. He's like that dude in billy madison with the kill list of people who bullied him in school - yeah he might kill you, but he still is begging to be shoved in a locker and deserves no respect or fear.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"I am the one who knocks" was also directed at his scared, recently pregnant, wife IIRC. So yeah, good job intimidating your wife!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Anyone who thinks Walt is a badass doesn't know what a badass is. Saul was 100% right when he said they suck rear end at being criminal masterminds. Walt is just a whiny nerd who lucked into being in a position of power because his only competition was people like Gale. The "I am the one who knocks" and "say my name" scenes aren't powerful, they're hilarious. He's like that dude in billy madison with the kill list of people who bullied him in school - yeah he might kill you, but he still is begging to be shoved in a locker and deserves no respect or fear.

I do think he comes off intimidating with the “say my name” speech, but even in the context of the show there’s a dramatic irony with the “I am the one who knocks” speech in that we as the audience know that Walt ISN’T the danger: Gus is.

Skylar is right when she says that he’s in danger and he’s in over his head. And we also know that Walt knows that even as he’s telling Skylar differently so there’s a subtext to it that Walt is trying to convince himself as much as he’s trying to convince her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

"I am the one who knocks" was also directed at his scared, recently pregnant, wife IIRC. So yeah, good job intimidating your wife!

Yeah but he has to project the over aggressive toxic energy: he’s being a pufferfish.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

christmas boots posted:

I do think he comes off intimidating with the “say my name” speech, but even in the context of the show there’s a dramatic irony with the “I am the one who knocks” speech in that we as the audience know that Walt ISN’T the danger: Gus is.

Skylar is right when she says that he’s in danger and he’s in over his head. And we also know that Walt knows that even as he’s telling Skylar differently so there’s a subtext to it that Walt is trying to convince himself as much as he’s trying to convince her.

The people are intimidated by the say my name thing, but not by him. He's just some rich dweeb. They're intimidated by his connections (which are only loyal because they are paid to be).

also it's skyler.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Whatever dweeb, I’ll spell it how I want because I’m an alpha male

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The people are intimidated by the say my name thing, but not by him. He's just some rich dweeb. They're intimidated by his connections (which are only loyal because they are paid to be).

also it's skyler.

That's why he's the danger; he pulls the strings to make the puppets dance. One of the things that happened to Walter as the series progressed is that he realized it's better to be the hunter than the hunted from a purely practical standpoint. By that point he was a horrible, irredeemable monster that only cared about what was good for Walter White. Yeah he definitely lucked into being a drug kingpin in the first place but once he got there he went "yeah I'm holding on to this."

Since he could point and say "make that person die" and make it happen he was the one holding the gun, as it were.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's why he's the danger; he pulls the strings to make the puppets dance. One of the things that happened to Walter as the series progressed is that he realized it's better to be the hunter than the hunted from a purely practical standpoint. By that point he was a horrible, irredeemable monster that only cared about what was good for Walter White. Yeah he definitely lucked into being a drug kingpin in the first place but once he got there he went "yeah I'm holding on to this."

Since he could point and say "make that person die" and make it happen he was the one holding the gun, as it were.

I mean, sure, he had power, but he was still a coward. He only got his hands dirty when backed into a corner and only killed by catching people off guard. He's the equivalent of a camper in call of duty. Yeah he might kill you and your family but he's still an honorless spineless rear end in a top hat.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

His whole "Heisenberg" shtick works, some of the time, because the people he's interacting with have incomplete information. They don't know who is behind the name.

He is a pathetic man, for sure. That is established early when Grey Matter offers to pay for his medical bills, and he turns it down. Also if I remember correctly he left the company because his feelings got hurt, and would be a millionaire if he'd stayed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

doverhog posted:

His whole "Heisenberg" shtick works, some of the time, because the people he's interacting with have incomplete information. They don't know who is behind the name.

He is a pathetic man, for sure. That is established early when Grey Matter offers to pay for his medical bills, and he turns it down. Also if I remember correctly he left the company because his feelings got hurt, and would be a millionaire if he'd stayed.

Yeah, the only time he really fully lives up to the legend is in the finale, when he’s accepted that he’s going to die, that he has ruined every relationship and destroyed his own legacy, and finally admits that his motives were always selfish. It’s not a redemption, but it’s certainly less pathetic.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's still a trash ending because he got to end things on his terms. He doesn't have to live with the consequences of being a (wannabe in his case) monster like Mackey did. He settled all his scores, saved the guy he hosed over and rode out in a blaze of glory. It would be like if Vic broke Ronnie out of prison and went off to be a lumberjack with Dexter for the rest of his days. That kind of ending is garbage.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is this a post from 2010?

Not really, like I said in the post, it was mostly just watching videos about a random game's deaths and people swearing up and down that there's no way the game they loved wasn't loved by everyone else, it had to have been a developer selecting it for death from the shadows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's still a trash ending because he got to end things on his terms. He doesn't have to live with the consequences of being a (wannabe in his case) monster like Mackey did. He settled all his scores, saved the guy he hosed over and rode out in a blaze of glory. It would be like if Vic broke Ronnie out of prison and went off to be a lumberjack with Dexter for the rest of his days. That kind of ending is garbage.

Nah. It was a good ending.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Nah. It was a good ending.

If the intended message was that spineless nerds can go out in glory, sure. But Walt didn't even get close to a reckoning for what he did. He faced absolutely no consequences. His family didn't like him but at least skyler never did in the first place. He lived a failure's life and died a failure. He tried to be Gus, running a successful empire and failed. He was nothing like Gus even though in his own mind he thought he was better than Gus. He was not careful or smart (in everything but chemistry), he was the type of criminal that was going to soar high fast and crash hard, either by dying or ending up in prison within a year. He had no place in the "empire business".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

anyway let's get real instead of talking about fictional characters on the television.

Tomatoes and cucumbers don't belong on sandwiches.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That means no pickles on sandwiches and on that one I will loving fight you.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

The word "cahoots" isn't used nearly enough.

Also: Flibbertigibbet, hooligan, and donnybrook

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That means no pickles on sandwiches and on that one I will loving fight you.

Pickles are an abomination for sandwiches. Even if you take them off, the essence of pickle is so overpowering that anything they touch will taste like nothing but pickle. It's the major flaw of chick-fil-a. They have the simplest chicken sandwich out there, but they insist on putting a loving pickle on it. So you have to be that guy who is like yeah don't put half of the ingredients on your sandwich because pickles are garbage with an unspoken look of "I'll know if you just take the pickle off of an already made sandwich don't try me bitch".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cucumbers on sandwiches are great, and should be more common

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Cucumbers on sandwiches are great, and should be more common

They are the most useless vegetable. It's like flavoring something with water, but it also has an annoying texture.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cucumbers have a good texture, a mild but good flavor, and are full of fiber which is something almost all Americans need more of

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tomatoes + pickles or tomatoes + cucumber + olives depending on what kind of sandwich

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Cucumbers have a good texture, a mild but good flavor, and are full of fiber which is something almost all Americans need more of

Who needs fiber to keep you regular when you can consume excessive amounts of alcohol and rocket any poo poo inside of you out like a firehose every morning?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

olives are an abomination

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Who needs fiber to keep you regular when you can consume excessive amounts of alcohol and rocket any poo poo inside of you out like a firehose every morning?

of course the guy who hates cucumbers would believe there's no middle ground between constipation and pissing out your rear end

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Pickles add a nice tasty crunch to sandwiches.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

Pickles add a nice tasty crunch to sandwiches.

Lettuce already has the job of adding crunch to sandwiches, and has the bonus of not really tasting like a whole lot so it doesn't overpower the good stuff.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lettuce already has the job of adding crunch to sandwiches, and has the bonus of not really tasting like a whole lot so it doesn't overpower the good stuff.

Pickles taste good. Sorry about your broken tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pickles match well when it's fatty meat like salami or corned beef. Match it with something neutral like turkey though and the pickles overpower it and it becomes the pickle show.