Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We love sexy here, in the new VEGETA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
But is it the good kind of sexy or the oversexualized kind of sexy? You know, the one that makes everyone come off as a pedophile?

Cause really, there's no way to tell with all these creepy japanese that oversexualize everything. One day you read a manga about cooking and sexy girls and then BAM! Everything is just too sexy and every character becomes a pedophile.

Not me though, it's always those creepy japanese that make everything oversexualized.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you understand that Erina and her dad's interactions aren't supposed to be sexual but still immediately perceive it as sexual anyway. Then I don't believe the fault lies with the fact that Tosh draws a lot of boobs.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I Love Annie May posted:

But is it the good kind of sexy or the oversexualized kind of sexy? You know, the one that makes everyone come off as a pedophile?

Cause really, there's no way to tell with all these creepy japanese that oversexualize everything. One day you read a manga about cooking and sexy girls and then BAM! Everything is just too sexy and every character becomes a pedophile.

Not me though, it's always those creepy japanese that make everything oversexualized.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
*breathing heavily, gnashing teeth* Those loving perverted Japanese...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I Love Annie May posted:

Wha?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't think I've seen somebody post that bad in a while.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Uh, yeah. Anyways...

Shokugeki 136 Spoilers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Joichiro and Gin find out Azami is the new director; we find out he was the third seat to them that we heard about before. Senzubean tells Soma about Azami and Erina's backstory, which is that Azami put Erina in a dark room and forcibly trained her to to only like specific food; whenever she resisted he beat her. Senzubean begs Soma to "save her."

I imagine Soma refuses and says she gotta do this on her own; at least he doesn't seem like the type that would accept a quest to "save" another capable person. Also, Senzubean is shipping hard if he decided to get Soma, of all people to do this.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Angry Grimace posted:

Uh, yeah. Anyways...

Shokugeki 136 Spoilers

Oh my! :stare:

Goddamn is Azami like the worst dad ever in this series. On the other side, he is indeed the third seat of Gin and Joichiro's generation, and it'll be interesting to see what kind of relationship he has to them.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i saw a sexy ikumi gif here while on my phone and now its gone, what is this bullshit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like how they went back to the first opening to close off the anime. It was a good show.

Hopefully it did well enough to get a second season somewhere down the line. I'd like to see the rest of the series adapted as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Okay guys, you know what to do

Give me the "this is a cooking anime" gifs

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like how they went back to the first opening to close off the anime. It was a good show.

Hopefully it did well enough to get a second season somewhere down the line. I'd like to see the rest of the series adapted as well.

Sold like poo poo. It's pretty up in the air.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

It was good though. :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It was good though. :(

I would say maybe it needed more fanservice but any more fanservice than this and it would just be hentai.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Angry Grimace posted:

These sorts of shows aren't expecting to make money from the disc sales though: they're treated more like advertisements for the manga. That's because the target audience (kids and teenagers) doesn't have the cash to spend on collecting anime, but do read a lot of comics.

This is in contrast to more otaku-oriented shows.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Sharkopath posted:

I don't think I've seen somebody post that bad in a while.

Please adjust your sarcasm sensors.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
http://www.mangareader.net/shokugeki-no-soma/136

There's the translated chapter by the way.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Please adjust your sarcasm sensors.

No I got what it was saying its just a really bad post.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's pretty loving great that the best villain in the current running shounen jump series comes from a freaking cooking manga of all places.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

It's pretty loving great that the best villain in the current running shounen jump series comes from a freaking cooking manga of all places.

There are not many things more despicable than a bad Dad.

Also, Senzaemon is a cool dude and I like him a lot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A strong contender for the Gendo Ikari Father of the Year Award.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Eagerly anticipating the tag team Shokugeki between Soma and his dad versus Erina and her father.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Xelkelvos posted:

Eagerly anticipating the tag team Shokugeki between Soma and his dad versus Erina and her father.

And then Erina switches sides mid-match and they put him through a table. :bahgawd:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Does this make Erina a damsel in distress?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I'll give it more of a no than a yes, because realistic mental helplessness because of abuse is better characterization than physical helplessness because girl. It's still kinda damsel-y, but having her be set up as a competent character and not having that challenged helps I think.

There's only so much saving you can do in the Titty Chef anime though

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mulderman posted:

Azami's not really well written, but given his competition...

Actually, I haven't been following any other Jump comics lately. Who IS his competition.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Actually, I haven't been following any other Jump comics lately. Who IS his competition.

Aizen is back he just doesn't do anything

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Doffy was just beaten in One Piece and the current arc is pretty much over so they have no villain right now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

A strong contender for the Gendo Ikari Father of the Year Award.

get in the fcuking robot

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Assassination classroom doesn't really do villains other than one-offs. Haven't been keeping up with black clover, and ballroom dancing doesn't have villains. My hero academia does have an rear end in a top hat dad as well though, and nisekoi is in the middle of a bad parents arc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My Hero Academia's bad dad is pretty much up there with Azami considering he's into eugenics and is a wife/child beater.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
While he's not the best written character. I adore the way he is displayed here. His entire introduction was amazing. Him stepping out with those car headlights shining on him from behind. The incredible creepy imagery whenever he talks to Erina. And just the art on the guy. Like when he first met Soma, just the look in his eyes tells you all you need to know.

I mean his entire motivation is stupid, but this is a cooking manga. Him going around, scum like you aren't good enough to enjoy my food pretty much makes him this universe's version of Hitler.

And yeah... He's going up against the likes of Joa from Toriko and Ywach from Bleach... So really no competition there. And One piece and My Hero Academia just rounded up the big villains from their arcs.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 26, 2015

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Allarion posted:

Assassination classroom doesn't really do villains other than one-offs. Haven't been keeping up with black clover, and ballroom dancing doesn't have villains. My hero academia does have an rear end in a top hat dad as well though, and nisekoi is in the middle of a bad parents arc.

Commissioner Tachibana is an alright dude, I'll have you know! :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wark Say posted:

Commissioner Tachibana is an alright dude, I'll have you know! :colbert:

My mistake, Bad parent arc. I forgot to list Gintama and World trigger but I'm not sure what's going on in Gintama at the moment, and world trigger will always be forgettable. Also haikyyu but I don't follow that either. There's a few other series too like saiki but they're either untranslated or barely started.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

The most important contribution from the new chapter.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's a translated scan up of the new chapter.

I was so prepared to complain about how lame this arc was getting until Alice showed up to completely save the day. :allears:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Ooh, good. Things are going to move along quickly.

Yay no long tragedy arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It would be very funny if instead of any actual arc, Alice just appears and beats hitler food dad into hospitalization because only shes allowed to mess with Erina.

Nobody would press charges because its Alice.

!!!