Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

Just binged to the end today. How frequently do the new chapters come out? Weekly or less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I'm loving this cooking Manga thing. I almost totally forgot about that guy.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

khy posted:

Just binged to the end today. How frequently do the new chapters come out? Weekly or less?

AFAIK every other week.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
New Chapter

i'm not having fun anymore :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT: I'm not having fun anymore :(

(:same:)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imo the themes of the story reject what helck is about to attempt to do. this mimics azudora's story too well. i think azudora is going to sacrifice himself to prevent helck and anne from playing out the cycle of tragedy again.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tollymain posted:

imo the themes of the story reject what helck is about to attempt to do. this mimics azudora's story too well. i think azudora is going to sacrifice himself to prevent helck and anne from playing out the cycle of tragedy again.

I agree. But I think Azudora will end being controlled by the will of world instead of Mikaros.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

where the gently caress is the defender sword guy whose daughter is being used like this?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Schlorped into the fusion mans probably

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Condiv posted:

where the gently caress is the defender sword guy whose daughter is being used like this?

Pretty sure he left once the king turned on Mikarados (forgot his name's spelling)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we still don't know what the heck rafaed's deal is.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we still don't know what the heck rafaed's deal is.

yeah it'd be p lame if he turned into spirit goo before we know anything about him

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I doubt it. I think Rafaed is our Azudora analog for the humans. He seems to be ahead of the game and knows where to find insane magic users like the King and Mikaros. It's most likely that w/e he's doing is so Charami can be protected (she's just kind of a slave right now, not in particular danger with Mikaros). At least, most of the characters in this manga have a viable reason to justify their actions here.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

I don't like how grim dark things have gotten. Needs more Piwi and train guy having adventures greeting people and making friends.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The good times will return, guy. Just believe in Helck and Anne (from management).

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Helck and Anne have spent the last like 10 chapters jockeying for who gets to sacrifice themself to save the other

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

When I started this manga I didn't think I was going to like Anne (from management) much but I was so wrong and she's like my favorite action heroine in the genre.

Anyway now I'm regretting catching up on this series because these updates are torture.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yo if Helck gets to hang out with Alicia just one more time all of this is 100% worth it. I don't think Azudora is going to make it tho.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HELCK, Anne and Azudora are going to end up in a coma after this climatic battle.

Thankfully, this will then give us the adventures of Cless, Piuy, Hyura, and Asuta instead.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

RareAcumen posted:

HELCK, Anne and Azudora are going to end up in a coma after this climatic battle.

Thankfully, this will then give us the adventures of Cless, Piuy, Hyura, and Asuta instead.

Is this the arc in which Piuy gets the weirdo sister/brother/ghost to heal Helck? Does that mean Asuta gets to teleport punch Cless?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

the rest of the series is an infinite recursion of azudora and mikaros killing each other only to reveal they were alive the whole time

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

About time. Geez.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I believe in Anne, the witch of the new world, piuy, and the slow death of Azudora.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

New theory: piuy is helck's new world form

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shugojin posted:

New theory: piuy is helck's new world form
nope. he's the train conductor.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

No that's piuys dad, the dragon emperor

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Pretty sure the dragon emperor is Piuy's son

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Helck is in the same universe as Trigun and Piuy is lovable character, Vash, the Stampede.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Helck is in the same universe as Trigun and Piuy is lovable character, Vash, the Stampede.

Piuy is neither a dragon nor a stampede. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only thing piuy has been established not to be is a bird so everything else is fair game imo

Jello Robot
Feb 17, 2011
Chapter 100 raws just came out and piuy is going to open a can of whup-rear end sing a song

Jello Robot fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 13, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-100-001--Message?id=379015

PYOE!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
THE TRUE HERO TAKES THE STAGE

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sometimes when a comic is going off the rails with grimdark twists you just have to trust

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Piuy is and always will be the best.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The hero always arrives in the nick of time.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I believe...

In Piuy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Piuy isn't a bird. He's a Hero! And he's going to save the humans!

I still think the sad times were dragged out too long, but if it was all so Piuy could save the day on chapter 100 I can at least understand the reasoning behind it.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How can we be so sure that Piuy's not a bird? All we have is his own, unsupported assertion that he's not a bird. If he looks like a bird, walks like a bird and chirps like a bird, doesn't that mean he's a bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Dude...
Party foul.

• Locked thread