Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

All we have to do is make it a miserable, long drawn out experience so it doesnt happen often :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

Yeah, but you don't have to hold fade, PB, and half of tribute like you do for dek

Can you no longer mid from NPC Pure Blind (I really don't remember ly distances from PB => Dek, and cba to look)?

:justpost:

crew posted:

All we have to do is make it a miserable, long drawn out experience so it doesnt happen often :sun:

If you're doing anything, it's quite the opposite of this.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I don't know where this 'not fighting' meme is coming from. I just started playing again today, and I've been in 3 fleets. One that ran around popping about dozen entosis ships, and another two that have been in fleet fights.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If the absolute worst happens and we get rolled out of Dek (which I really doubt will happen) we'll wait a bit for the other side to dissolve/retreat because it seems unlikely that any power on that side of the conflict capable of holding it would bother, because that's not their thing. We'll roll back in, air out the carpets a bit and then plot the merciless destruction of CO2. :shrug:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

darth cookie posted:

If the absolute worst happens and we get rolled out of Dek (which I really doubt will happen) we'll wait a bit for the other side to dissolve/retreat because it seems unlikely that any power on that side of the conflict capable of holding it would bother, because that's not their thing. We'll roll back in, air out the carpets a bit and then plot the merciless destruction of CO2. :shrug:

I would imagine they would blow the horn if/before that happened, and if they blow the horn, a whole lotta returning people that don't give a poo poo about gudfites, or space politics, or logistics, or 'my content!!!', or the game as a fuckin' concept will pile in with the sole intention of pissing people off and getting revenge. A lot of the people i got into this game only played to enjoy the group-griefing aspect in the first place, and ended up playing for a year or two.

Kinda want to see the horn happen. Would be fun to see who comes back.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gently caress everything burn it all is a nice concept but it might be hard to get the other entities in on it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Either way I've never seen more people flying around, even just in wormhole space, so I reckon it's already having a positive effect on the game

shazih
Apr 3, 2016

always angry all the time
fozzie sov sucks :smith:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

frozenpussy posted:

like it or not, PL is the best PVP group in EVE

I don't think I've ever engaged pl and not had a cyno lit and supers dropped

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

clay is like two days away from going back to KF, nbd

he blacklisted to gently caress so not karmafleet or anyone's problem anymore :v:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

As GSF's Blackops guys proved time and time again before any invasion of sov, they could shut down entire regions for weeks. I saw a map of Delve pre the war that got HBC started and kicked TEST off our couch, and it was completely barren of ratting and roaming, due to Blackops' presence in NPC Delve.

Blackops was in fountain, it was Topgoon, bokops and pizza making GBS threads up Delve.

EDIT: If we're talking 2013. Previous to that it was almost certainly blops.

Also blackops is back baby: https://www.twitch.tv/ghost_marine/v/58516814?t=9m36s

Got our first streamer of the war tonight.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 4, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

darth cookie posted:

we should just move into a wormhole if that happens and become the worst god damned nightmare the entire game has ever seen

people will fear a wormhole signature not just cause they don't know what's on the other side, but because we could be on the other side

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are the Drone Russians friendly to Goons? I've never understood a single thing about that region or the alliances that inhabit it.
They're not a homogeneous bloc. The biggest players, Legion of xDeathx and Solar Fleet, are neutral in this conflict. Some smaller groups are attacking Tenal under the banner of the Drone Walkers.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Potato Salad posted:

Failheap these days seems to be a, well, as advertised.

Where's the new place to get pre-patch EFT files? Anyone have EFT for the coming capital changes?

They're no longer being made. Gripen successfully drove off everyone who was making them. Most theorycrafters have permanently switched to PyFa.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LemonDrizzle posted:

They're not a homogeneous bloc. The biggest players, Legion of xDeathx and Solar Fleet, are neutral in this conflict. Some smaller groups are attacking Tenal under the banner of the Drone Walkers.

I''m just wondering if any of them would let Goons crash on their couches.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

we should just move into a wormhole if that happens and become the worst god damned nightmare the entire game has ever seen

people will fear a wormhole signature not just cause they don't know what's on the other side, but because we could be on the other side

The problem with wormhole life is there exists no program that can track wormhole masses and connections accurately enough to handle a coalition of nerds, or even goonwaffe without any other nerds. Also the average goon is fat, lazy, and can't be trusted to handle the work required to properly handle connections and logistics.

Basically we don't have enough of a sperg backbone to carry the dead weight of the average goon.

In a perfect world it would be drat terrifying though, getting a connection to a c5/c6 goon hole would gently caress up any region's day, if goons could be arsed to track masses and lifetimes.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 4, 2016

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Live coverage from the Fade-Deklein border tonight.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

frozenpussy posted:

like it or not, PL is the best PVP group in EVE

The only time I engaged PL I got an Aeon dropped on my Tristan. :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xenothral posted:

The only time I engaged PL I got an Aeon dropped on my Tristan. :v:

I think something that PL and goons have in common is that both have a cultural that prioritizes winning over e-honor.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

I don't think I've ever engaged pl and not had a cyno lit and supers dropped

maybe your stabber should've stopped resisting

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also blackops is back baby: https://www.twitch.tv/ghost_marine/v/58516814?t=9m36s

Got our first streamer of the war tonight.

:psyduck: They obfuscate the gate/system names in three places, yet every time they warp with the destination in FOV it shows up right there on the screen for anyone with eyes. Better change those "loose lips" jpegs to a leaky anus.

Speaking of holes: move GSF into all of the wormholes.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 4, 2016

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

I unironically think a "real" alliance taking over the c5 highway would be a nightmare, you'd have insane isk farming in the hole and the ability to project force all over the map all the time. Once entrenched it'd be impossible to dig you out.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The problem with wormhole life is there exists no program that can track wormhole masses and connections accurately enough to handle a coalition of nerds, or even goonwaffe without any other nerds. Also the average goon is fat, lazy, and can't be trusted to handle the work required to properly handle connections and logistics.

Basically we don't have enough of a sperg backbone to carry the dead weight of the average goon.

In a perfect world it would be drat terrifying though, getting a connection to a c5/c6 goon hole would gently caress up any region's day, if goons could be arsed to track masses and lifetimes.

Tbh it'd only work if:

We owned enough holes that it didn't matter which j-space connection came up (e.g all c5-c5 and c5-c6 connections)

Wormholes suddenly stopped relying on bookmark navigation.

A wormhole application existed that was good enough to calculate mass reductions/lifetime/stage based on API data without any manual intervention (not even opening a siggy window).

Citadels are implemented with full market and manufacturing functions.

Querns spontaneously combusts

Plus a bunch of other things I haven't thought of, probably logistics related.

tl;dr it won't happen.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

shazih posted:

fozzie sov sucks :smith:

I heard its pretty great if you dont have any sov lets try it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does EVEMon show how many total skill points your plan is?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

darth cookie posted:

Tbh it'd only work if:

We owned enough holes that it didn't matter which j-space connection came up (e.g all c5-c5 and c5-c6 connections)

Wormholes suddenly stopped relying on bookmark navigation.

A wormhole application existed that was good enough to calculate mass reductions/lifetime/stage based on API data without any manual intervention (not even opening a siggy window).

Citadels are implemented with full market and manufacturing functions.

Querns spontaneously combusts

Plus a bunch of other things I haven't thought of, probably logistics related.

tl;dr it won't happen.

I think that the biggest problem would actually be member discipline, people always want to do stuff during organized activity downtime.

The new citadels might make an hilarious addition to wormholes though, especially if you can set jumpclones, which will make moving in and out a lot easier. I assume that someone will put an xl citadel in a c5 or c6 and become un-removable.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Holy poo poo Sion, you're dumb.

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
Groon is now accepting refugees!
Come back to Syndicate where they can't take your home!

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does EVEMon show how many total skill points your plan is?
It can do that, yes. There's a little gear icon to the right of the 'choose implant set' dropdown menu in the skill planner window. Click the gear, then click 'Column settings' in the resulting dropdown menu, and check the 'Estimated Skillpoint Total' box.

Landsknecht posted:

The new citadels might make an hilarious addition to wormholes though, especially if you can set jumpclones, which will make moving in and out a lot easier. I assume that someone will put an xl citadel in a c5 or c6 and become un-removable.
You can install clones in wormhole citadels for the purposes of swapping implant sets, but you can't jump to them from other systems.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

usually i agree but that's just normal bluster

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Puskarich posted:

Groon is now accepting refugees!
Come back to Syndicate where they can't take your home!

Is it really back?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Xolve posted:

ccp is afraid of goons, the alliance who creates by far the most attention for the game exactly why?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

GaussianCopula posted:

ccp is afraid of goons, the alliance who creates by far the most attention for the game exactly why?

*cough* no sions rule *cough*

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
everyone is dumb except for me

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LemonDrizzle posted:

It can do that, yes. There's a little gear icon to the right of the 'choose implant set' dropdown menu in the skill planner window. Click the gear, then click 'Column settings' in the resulting dropdown menu, and check the 'Estimated Skillpoint Total' box.

You can install clones in wormhole citadels for the purposes of swapping implant sets, but you can't jump to them from other systems.

Thank You!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

because we're also the alliance that causes the most grief?

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cygni posted:

I would imagine they would blow the horn if/before that happened, and if they blow the horn, a whole lotta returning people that don't give a poo poo about gudfites, or space politics, or logistics, or 'my content!!!', or the game as a fuckin' concept will pile in with the sole intention of pissing people off and getting revenge. A lot of the people i got into this game only played to enjoy the group-griefing aspect in the first place, and ended up playing for a year or two.

Kinda want to see the horn happen. Would be fun to see who comes back.

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

DiggityDoink posted:

That's what people come to EVE for.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Tim Jong-un posted:

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbfnNy9dm2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DiggityDoink posted:

Causing grief is what EVE is built upon.

What Sion is probably referring to is the fact that CCP's PR department's goals in this war are detrimental opposed to the Imperiums Fabian strategy of asymmetric demobilization and he might even argue that they are afraid of the Imperium because all the new and returning players don't get the big set piece battles that everyone lusts for but are instead forced to fight a war of attrition, which is a lot less fun.

But if you want to fight their media narrative of "World War Bee" you should really come up with something better than fighting the "War of Sovless Aggression" against the "Band of Backstabbers", because that has no chance of getting picked up by anyone who isn't a Imperium diehard.

• Locked thread