Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As stupid as it all is - we're all going to have a really good time watching this shitshow unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm just going to read the result when I get up and then check the MMA reddit for oddshots of funny bits if they happened.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have to run a somewhat difficult 10k early in the morning of the next day and feel like now this event can upset me two ways!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm camping out at the bar for five hours because the only time they had a reservation for was an hour and a half before the main event.

If you're gonna watch a freak show, might as well go all in.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Has there been any reports re how many breakfasts conor has been having

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but what is the cheapest, yet still legal way to view this, I don't want to pay $100 to see McGregor wipe the floor with mayweather head, but I still want to support him

DaFrugalGamer fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 20, 2017

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
At a bar

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Buffalo Wild Wings near me is screening it. $20 cover charge lol

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Buffalo Wild Wings near me is screening it. $20 cover charge lol

Still kinda spendy but there's probably way less douchebros at buffalo wild wing vice a bar

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nothing to do with anything but me and my buddy wanted wings one time in the Valley of the Sun.

We tried to go to a BWWW but there was a cover charge because Great White were playing. That BWWW folded immediately after that. Mutual suicide pact I reckon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DaFrugalGamer posted:

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but what is the cheapest, yet still legal way to view this, I don't want to pay $100 to see McGregor wipe the floor with mayweather head, but I still want to support him

Don't watch it legally unless someone else pays because that is extremely stupid

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Still kinda spendy but there's probably way less douchebros at buffalo wild wing vice a bar

I've always found the inverse to be true.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Some movie theaters will have it. A ticket to a viewing in my city is $40-50.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Watch it with friends and split the cost...unless,...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Watch the gif of the whole match on the internet afterward. Or watch the whole match as a SportsCenter highlight

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Watch the gif of the whole match on the internet afterward. Or watch the whole match as a SportsCenter highlight

Most sports news programs won't show the finish if it happens.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
After Floyed outpoints Conor in a boring 12 round decision Conor is going to call out Paulie for a fight no one wants to see except WME.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd recommend against seeing this at BWW because you'll probably be eating when Conor punches Floyd's skeleton out from his body and you'll probably vomit.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

eric posted:

After Floyed outpoints Conor in a boring 12 round decision Conor is going to call out Paulie for a fight no one wants to see except WME.

Why would wme want that at all

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Floyd is going to have Conor knocked out in the first minute but then the ref will stop counting and consult the script and then the fight will go to a decision

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Going to watch Game of thrones instead of the boxing fight

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Please do not pay one hundred dollars to watch a fairly athletic form of lying

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

vaginal facsimile posted:

Going to watch Game of thrones instead of the boxing fight

Thrones is on Sunday. The fight is on Saturday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Plus GOT's probably going to leak by Wednesday or some poo poo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's already leaks for the season finale if you know where to look.

A lot of television soothsayers have been right all season is what I'm saying.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Forceholy posted:

A lot of television soothsayers have been right all season is what I'm saying.

cool

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

projecthalaxy posted:

Floyd is going to have Conor knocked out in the first minute but then the ref will stop counting and consult the script and then the fight will go to a decision

That's impossible there's no need to consult the script when the ref can just look at the cue cards and not break character.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I am weird social hermit and haven't ever watched an episode of GoT. I have however read all the books.

My question is how can there be any such things as leaks if the show is based on the books which have been published years in advance.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The show passed the books up years ago. The show has only a couple more episodes before the end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm gonna watch it in my neighborhood bar with zero cover and $4 long islands (limit 2)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What do you guys think of this season's Game of Thrones

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Cant wait to find out who gets that throne

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

vaginal facsimile posted:

What do you guys think of this season's Game of Thrones

Walking Dead is an infinitely better show.

: looks at thread title :

Wasn't Conor supposed to be in the last season? I'm a few episodes behind.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There was a rumor he was going to be a pirate or one of the iron born but he denied even knowing about it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Conor would be better suited for whenever the next season of Taboo comes out anyways.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

That is damning with faint praise, but I haven't watched Walking Dead since season 2, so you may very well be right.

Game of Thrones is a show where every individual element: production design, costuming, casting, writing, cinematography, fight choreography are all outstanding, but it adds up to something completely uninteresting and disappointing. It's Brandon Vera as a TV show.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Forceholy posted:

Wait what? It's made mainstream news everytime an episode has leaked but I've heard nothing about this?

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

Snowman_McK posted:

That is damning with faint praise, but I haven't watched Walking Dead since season 2, so you may very well be right.

Game of Thrones is a show where every individual element: production design, costuming, casting, writing, cinematography, fight choreography are all outstanding, but it adds up to something completely uninteresting and disappointing. It's Brandon Vera as a TV show.

I'm ok with you idiots sucking on Mayweathers black wang all day until he jizzes into your mouth, but don't talk smack about Game of Thrones

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread