Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

A significant proportion of Ontario's teachers are now in a legal strike position but have not yet gone on strike because the government always wins the optics of a teacher strike. Our supposedly progressive government is trying to bait them into striking so that they lose the PR battle and the government can impose a worse contract on them afterwards.

Canada's Texas just elected a social democratic party to a majority government. In other news, Hell has frozen over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Somebody just shared this quote from Chairman Mao:

quote:

We stand for active ideological struggle because it is the weapon for ensuring unity within the Party and the revolutionary organizations in the interest of our fight. Every Communist and revolutionary should take up this weapon.

But liberalism rejects ideological struggle and stands for unprincipled peace, thus giving rise to a decadent, Philistine attitude and bringing about political degeneration in certain units and individuals in the Party and the revolutionary organizations.
[...]
Liberalism is a manifestation of opportunism and conflicts fundamentally with Marxism. It is negative and objectively has the effect of helping the enemy; that is why the enemy welcomes its preservation in our midst. Such being its nature, there should be no place for it in the ranks of the revolution.

...yeah, sounds like a liberal hero :v:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Americans have gone to great lengths to completely erase any historical or political meaning the word 'liberal' had in the rest of the world to replace it with 'dirty pinko hippie'

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:cawg:

e: sorry should probably have more than just an emoticon, but that was my immediate reaction. A meticulously detailed, lovingly rendered drawing of a couple of feet and a ball with a label on it, in a cartoon utterly devoid of wit and without anything of value to say except for a trite decades-old criticism of the "welfare state". Can there any better synopsis of the Michael Ramirez oeuvre?

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 7, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

frajaq posted:

Oh boy, and that leaves us with how many people then??

Muir and his fanbase, who are the true protectors of the second ammendment. And who think people who criticise him are cockroaches who deserve to die.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Those poor slaves whom their masters controlled by buying them sports cars and lobster.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Canada's Texas just elected a social democratic party to a majority government. In other news, Hell has frozen over.

this is really great

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Ah, that must be Mike Lester in the ninjihadi costume.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Bagley's becoming Priggee, but with more talent. I approve. :allears:

Have you seen Priggee's early work? The only reason his cartoons don't beat the pants off just about everybody nowadays is because of his insane production schedule of something like 3 illustrations per day.

Kopijeger posted:

Looks like a Tim Kreider ripoff:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

suck my dick from the back, mike t:mad:

killa-pope
May 21, 2008
Please, Mr. Ramirez, tell me more about using chains as an analogy.

Oh.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm not black, but I was on food assistance for a little while between jobs and I remember how I felt like some worthless slave receiving an entire $200 per month on which to feed myself instead of, I don't know, hunting for game with my US flag-colored AR-15 I guess.

On the other hand, I live in Kansas. How am I supposed to get my federally mandated welfare dinners of lobster and shrimp in the woods? Your move, Ramirez!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:siren::britain::siren::yayclod::siren: IT'S GENERAL ELECTION DAY, GOONS! :siren::yayclod::siren::britain::siren:

Don't forget to get out there and give a politician a kiss! x~:smug:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the general election – Clegg indicated that he would not form a coalition with either the Tories or Labour that would not guarantee a majority in the House of Commons, but said a coalition government was “very likely”."

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Britain's nuclear weapons if Labour teams up with SNP

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mister Beeg posted:

A comic about unemployment.

Read the whole thing here.

Thanks for this, I needed a bring-me-down today :smith:

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

frajaq posted:

Oh boy, and that leaves us with how many people then??

Muir, Ted Cruz, and Freep. So, fifteen, twenty maybe?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Let's try and guess what that is in big panel! Is it a truck tire? Is it a well? It could be anything thanks to the magic of this stupid filter tool!

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Sooo. . .I was browsing Imgur because I have nothing better to do and I like the cute animals they post. This had apparently made its way to the front page a previous day, and I hadn't remembered seeing it here. Either way it's a terrible horrible racist cartoon by an artist I do not recognize.

I don't know if that TIMG would be enough, so if anyone requests I'll put it behind a link. It's got a lot of gross racism and pretty much is a 'Those feral urban thugs are coming for us whites!'

Those lips though. :stare:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Lot of people failing to understand the comedy of Norm Macdonald in here, who is a national treasure.

I like him too from what I remember but I didn't know about those jokes; they're pretty much indefensible.

Confidentially --
she never called me baby-doll
Confidentially --
I never had much pride.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

E-Tank posted:

Sooo. . .I was browsing Imgur because I have nothing better to do and I like the cute animals they post. This had apparently made its way to the front page a previous day, and I hadn't remembered seeing it here. Either way it's a terrible horrible racist cartoon by an artist I do not recognize.

I don't know if that TIMG would be enough, so if anyone requests I'll put it behind a link. It's got a lot of gross racism and pretty much is a 'Those feral urban thugs are coming for us whites!'

Those lips though. :stare:

I thought the cop was cutting his hands with the handcuffs

:(

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Let's try and guess what that is in big panel! Is it a truck tire? Is it a well? It could be anything thanks to the magic of this stupid filter tool!

Even better, he used that exact same panel in a previous strip not too long ago.

The situation with Anatoly's and Naomi's employment/commute situation is just so loving bizarre. Muir is literally just like some little kid pulling random numbers and poo poo out of his rear end. Mostly poo poo.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The UK Election: It's poo poo

E-Tank posted:

I'm not super surprised this was on Imgur. With its connection to reddit, it's a mix of animal pictures, reposts, and racist/anti-feminist stuff.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah that's good company for this thing.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So in your estimates how long until canadian political cartoonists start doin' c51 cartoons?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Forer posted:

So in your estimates how long until canadian political cartoonists start doin' c51 cartoons?

MacKay will have one up by tomorrow, you can bet screaming Harper's face on it.

Xi over Xi-bar
May 10, 2009
Request: could someone less 'Murican than me translate (or link to a translation of) Charlie Hebdo's response to the PEN protesters?
This Google translation of an article about it conveys the gist, but it's not great.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Mister Beeg posted:

A comic about unemployment.

Read the whole thing here.

Yeah, I graduated in 2008 :(
I've been networking on LinkedIn a lot recently, and there's a lot of people who graduated in 2012+ who are now working the jobs I hope to have. :smith:

Terex
Jan 2, 2013
Here's some more Albertoons from the past monthish.

IT'S poo poo

Today's NDP winning cartoon (IT'S MUD)

Good god, that face

CLANG

I want more speed traps.... said no one ever.

Labels

Federal budget balancing bill bullshit

Verdict: Alberta has lovely cartoonists and not enough schadenfreude.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sir Rolo posted:

So the last one is some kind of black pro wrestling event, right?

...right? :smith:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
How do people who believe that America means that they can spew out the most hatemongering racist islamophobic filth square that with the fact that the GREATEST GENERATION hung Julius Streicher specifically for doing that kind of poo poo?

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 7, 2015

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

Wouldn't be fair, that poo poo's like weapons-grade pussy magnet.

Would you say it makes pants just fall to the ground? :pervert:

:effort:

Rorus Raz posted:

So the last one is some kind of black pro wrestling event, right?

...right? :smith:

Whatcha gonna do brother?!

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Sir Rolo posted:

"political meme's & lolz"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

cheerfullydrab posted:

How do people who believe that America means that they can spew out the most hatemongering racist islamophobic filth square that with the fact that the GREATEST GENERATION hung Julius Streicher specifically for doing that kind of poo poo?

Memory hole assuming they even knew it to begin with. You're new at this aren't you?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

is it pulitzer season already?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
nothing is more oppressive than not going hungry due to economic circumstances beyond your control

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Props on Liefeld captain America.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

is it pulitzer season already?
I know this comes up often, but are pulitzers given for a specific cartoon of the cartoonist's body of work for that particular year?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

I know this comes up often, but are pulitzers given for a specific cartoon of the cartoonist's body of work for that particular year?

The latter.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Judging by the list of past honorees on the Pulitzer folks' site, they gave it for individual cartoons up until the 60s, and then gradually changed to "body of work" in the 70s.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

there wolf posted:

Memory hole assuming they even knew it to begin with. You're new at this aren't you?

Been reading this thread for nigh on to 7 years, sonny. It's just a point I was thinking about with the Garland shootings. Especially when seeing that horrible thing that won the contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

E: Missed this

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Lot of people failing to understand the comedy of Norm Macdonald in here, who is a national treasure.

Stop making me agree with Small Frozen Thing. Or I'll sic a drone on you :colbert:

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 7, 2015

• Locked thread