Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Also Rand has Aiel blood and the Aiel have bad plans when it comes to men who can channel. Yeah sure send them off to die but don’t follow up, they definitely aren’t being captured and trained as magic nukes against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Hexel posted:

Most of Rand's interactions with Taim go like this:

Taim: *breathes audibly*

Lews Therin: KILL HIM!!! KILL HIM NOW!

More along the lines of 'gives impossible/dangerous task, fucks off.' Returns weeks later with no warning 'look at this amazing school that I, The Dragon Reborn made all by myself. If I had to give credit for any of the many amazing things that have been done here in my absence, I would credit myself.'

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

uPen posted:

More along the lines of 'gives impossible/dangerous task, fucks off.' Returns weeks later with no warning 'look at this amazing school that I, The Dragon Reborn made all by myself. If I had to give credit for any of the many amazing things that have been done here in my absence, I would credit myself.'

I also enjoy the dick measuring contest where every time Taim does something as small as grabbing the Power Rand has to do it as well but more.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Which wasn't quite in his control, but that doesn't change Taim's point of view.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

uPen posted:

When he pins the sword and the Dragon on Taim he says something to the effect of "I guess I was the first, but [Taim] would've been second" and Rand is just completely confused why Taim looks furious

Taim was channeling for his armies before you knew you could channel, sheep herder. Pattern armor is the only reason you've had any success at all

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Working for Mat seems great. Talk about how lords are the worst and gambling is cool

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Mat will keep you alive and make you rich. Of course they would follow him into Shayol Ghul.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Invalid Validation posted:

Mat will keep you alive

Tell that to Nalesean :(

I've been enjoying paying more attention to Dashiva's actions in my latest audiobook re-listen, dude is just off in his own little world most of the time but randomly snaps back to either go "what the gently caress you can't do that, what the hell" or try to encourage Rand to start icing Aes Sedai.

I just got through the lovely Tylin section with Mat and one thing I did not notice before is that the morning they go to the Rahad to get the Bowl of the Winds, she sends with him a note saying she's looking forward to the evening, along with a bucket of oysters. Made better by him thinking the cook must have been in a rush because they forgot to cook them. RJ you horndog.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Pleads posted:

I've been enjoying paying more attention to Dashiva's actions in my latest audiobook re-listen, dude is just off in his own little world most of the time but randomly snaps back to either go "what the gently caress you can't do that, what the hell" or try to encourage Rand to start icing Aes Sedai.

I just got through the lovely Tylin section with Mat and one thing I did not notice before is that the morning they go to the Rahad to get the Bowl of the Winds, she sends with him a note saying she's looking forward to the evening, along with a bucket of oysters. Made better by him thinking the cook must have been in a rush because they forgot to cook them. RJ you horndog.

YUP

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Pleads posted:

Mat does actively try to keep all of his men alive, though. That's more than the other two. Hell, when Tuon sends off the Deathwatch to die because of their "failure", he grabs them and takes them on a mission that only might get them killed.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

seaborgium posted:

Hell, when Tuon sends off the Deathwatch to die because of their "failure", he grabs them and takes them on a mission that only might get them killed

I'm reading that part right now where Karede just wants to go and die but Mat keeps leading them all around the battlefield executing his strategies :laugh:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Perrin actively doesn’t give a poo poo about the people following him and Rand will blow your head off if LTT doesn’t like your mustache or something. I’d definitely side with Mat, get close to him and his stupid luck would make you basically immortal.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Perrin in Morocco

Looks like Min got some new headshots done :swoon:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Pleads posted:

Sure, it ain't 100% protection....but I'll bet ya the Band had much higher survival percentages than any other organized force to fight in Tarmon Gaiden, up to and including both Towers. :colbert:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Read us Elayne’s letters, Rafe.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I finished my reread :ohdear:

Spent two days trying to find something new to read, finally settled on Warbreaker.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
this is falling off the front page so I just wanted to say I've been having fun saying Aiel stuff in a jamacian patois, in my home.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I loving loathe how the female VA for the audio books pronounces mes-AHAH-na.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I loving loathe how the female VA for the audio books pronounces mes-AHAH-na.

I mean there's two a's in there in a row

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

silvergoose posted:

I mean there's two a's in there in a row

It's probably right, but she puts extra emphasis on it in a way where I'm almost positive she was doing it wrong, got a note, and is just over the line of malicious compliance. It sounds like a grade school kid mocking it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I, uh, can't believe I missed this, but Rand seals the Bore by throwing his arms wide.

Into a Crucifix pose.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

It's probably right, but she puts extra emphasis on it in a way where I'm almost positive she was doing it wrong, got a note, and is just over the line of malicious compliance. It sounds like a grade school kid mocking it.

If you like. I think Kate Reading did a fantastic job, this definitely never bothered me in the least.

Her flipping between definitely pronunciations of Moghedien is pretty funny though.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I, uh, can't believe I missed this, but Rand seals the Bore by throwing his arms wide.

Into a Crucifix pose.

Superman flying pose would have been cooler.

Also it's only like 95% of a crucifix pose if he's missing a hand, right? :v:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's probably been touched on already, but is there any confirmation of how long he's in Shayol Ghul? I know it's at least overnight but it gets weird with the time warp stuff.... is it as long as three days?

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's probably been touched on already, but is there any confirmation of how long he's in Shayol Ghul? I know it's at least overnight but it gets weird with the time warp stuff.... is it as long as three days?

There's time dilation, but from Rand's pov it was I think slightly less than a day, but from the outside world pov it was a week or more?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Gotta say that Mat's loyalty to hot Jefferson Davis is not endearing. At least Sanderson stopped referring to her as "childlike." I guess that's progress.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

silvergoose posted:

Kate Reading

Ironic name for someone who VAs audiobooks for a living.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Gotta say that Mat's loyalty to hot Jefferson Davis is not endearing.

What

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

She's pretty and leads the slave nation.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Gambor posted:

She's pretty and leads the slave nation.

The optics of a "southern gentleman" who decided to write a slave nation "but it's run by black people" is not great

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jaxyon posted:

The optics of a "southern gentleman" who decided to write a slave nation "but it's run by black people" is not great

does everything offend you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Barreft posted:

Lol fantasy fanboys never change

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I just read River of Souls for the first time. drat, Demandred rules and everything about him in Memory of Light rules. I really hope they decide to do that twist and do it justice in the show.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Barreft posted:

I see you are not familiar with a Jaxyon post

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If yall think I am easily offended have you seen the reactions to my posts in this thread

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

We all have our lanes.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hawt new Elayne Trakand post just dropped

https://twitter.com/sassynerdsblog/status/1525546716132524033?s=21&t=XOIKDPRfPkpkPsorJ7jJqg

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Wasn't the plan for Mat to address the whole slavery thing once he and Tuon were back in Seanchan?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

goethe.cx posted:

Wasn't the plan for Mat to address the whole slavery thing once he and Tuon were back in Seanchan?

Probably. Probably also addressing the collaring of channelers and continent-wide civil war as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
gramma your glasses are pushing your nostril in