Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Spoeank posted:

The sports website wont cover smoke shows anymore??? Where am I supposed to look at attractive women on the internet???

on twitter someone retweeted a bunch of my more obscure jokes, so i checked out their profile, they were a cam model whose pinned post read something to the effect of "Who likes communist theory and big naturals?" with a video of them reading the Communist Manifesto in an extremely expensive bra.

edit- so, to actually answer your question, twitter.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

on twitter someone retweeted a bunch of my more obscure jokes, so i checked out their profile, they were a cam model whose pinned post read something to the effect of "Who likes communist theory and big naturals?" with a video of them reading the Communist Manifesto in an extremely expensive bra.

Man how are you not gonna throw her a link, c’mon

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is disgusting, absolutely terrible
what is her @ so that I can make sure I am never exposed to this FILTH

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

well guess we found out how to get people to read theory

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Things are going well at barstool
https://twitter.com/BobSaietta/status/1232718687649640448?s=20

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Dan loving Portnoy is rich and Deadspin has been murdered: The State of Sports Media in TYOOL 2020.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
they hired a 60 year old angry facebook dad just to post bad gifs at people they don't like

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

they hired a 60 year old angry facebook dad just to post bad gifs at people they don't like

Yeah the inexplicable thing there isn’t that they think they’re in the right, but that they think they’re cool

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MourningView posted:

I hate Barstool but I have to respect harnessing chaotic facebook boomer energy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I read that section and was convinced that "meme" actually meant something else now, because everyone talking about it sounded absolutely insane

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
"the vindawg is going to meme him to death"

-A Very Cool Guy Who Definitely Doesn't Cry When He Gets Hit With A Towel

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mannnn the Internet loving sucks

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
All the people replying to the article with variants of "Wow can't believe you're taking a meme attack so seriously!!!" really hammered home precisely how stupid adult discourse will continue to get over the next few...years? Decades?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Vindog is kind of sad - imagine putting your face on gifs and thinking it's scary. He's like the dumb kid the bullies used to keep around in high school.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

AndrewP posted:

Mannnn the Internet loving sucks

The Internet does make you stupid after all. It was a prophecy.

It can be boiled down to one word which coincides to how SA is viewed on this school filter I’m working on, tasteless.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

gently caress the daily beast’s paywall sucks so bad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dave Portnoy tweets like an edgy 13 year old

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dave Portnoy tweets like an edgy 13 year old

I'm not convinced "Dave Portnoy" isn't a two-13-year-olds-in-a-trenchcoat situation.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

ChickenMedium posted:

I'm not convinced "Dave Portnoy" isn't a two-13-year-olds-in-a-trenchcoat situation.

He isn't tall enough.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1233208268107001856
lmaoooo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"some of the most inconsequential stories in sports" well they're not wrong.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Excuse me, Bear Friday was very consequential.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The X-man cometh posted:

Excuse me, Bear Friday was very consequential.
Oddibe McDowell’s water bill.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Edit: wrong thread

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Ringer/Grantland related- has anybody seen Andy Greenwald’s tv show? It’s... not very good. Just the poorest man’s Coen Brothers riff basically. Good on him for getting the chance to do it though, it’s just really hard to make something good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I watched a couple and it has the same problem all his writing has had for me in that it's significantly less cute and clever than it thinks it is.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/laurawags/status/1234897349387964424

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

With the extremely weird genesis of The Undefeated it's surprising it lasted this long

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

morestuff posted:

With the extremely weird genesis of The Undefeated it's surprising it lasted this long

Yeah I'm with you on that. I thought it'd never even get off the ground with the mess of its start with Whitlock

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is the price you pay for keeping the NFL and Stephen A. Smith.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I for one greet the glorious new era of Sticking to Sports.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

Dan loving Portnoy is rich and Deadspin has been murdered: The State of Sports Media in TYOOL 2020.

Well on the plus side, he's rich but he's not Bill Simmons rich?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

General Dog posted:

I for one greet the glorious new era of Sticking to Sports.

But first, "have you ever been knocked down ?"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The Joe Posnanski/Michael "Ken Tremendous" Schur podcast "The Poscast" has been acquired by The Athletic.

No word on if it will be paywalled or subscription only.

Going to be monthly (yay!) but Schur will only be on once or twice a month (boo!).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
pos my neg cast

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FMguru posted:

The Joe Posnanski/Michael "Ken Tremendous" Schur podcast "The Poscast" has been acquired by The Athletic.

No word on if it will be paywalled or subscription only.

Going to be monthly (yay!) but Schur will only be on once or twice a month (boo!).

I wonder if this means ad reads are going to come back. They are terrible at ad reads. Once when trying to sell razors Schur said he wished someone would sneak into his house, chloroform him and then shave him while he was unconscious.

Also, going to a weekly format with rotating guest hosts means there's a good chance Sepinwall will get to spend an entire podcast moaning about the Knicks.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

howe_sam posted:

I wonder if this means ad reads are going to come back. They are terrible at ad reads. Once when trying to sell razors Schur said he wished someone would sneak into his house, chloroform him and then shave him while he was unconscious.
Being terrible at all aspects of podcasting is kind of the foundational running joke of the Poscast.

quote:

Also, going to a weekly format with rotating guest hosts means there's a good chance Sepinwall will get to spend an entire podcast moaning about the Knicks.
*shudders*

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

howe_sam posted:

They are terrible at ad reads.

...Schur said he wished someone would sneak into his house, chloroform him and then shave him while he was unconscious.

That sounds like a very good ad read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

howe_sam posted:

And the the following week they spent something like ten minutes discussing their uniquely terrible ad reads.

Dollar Shave Club: I Think You Know The Deal By Now