Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Senerio posted:

Too lazy to edit Tony Khan/Cody's face onto a Master Mind/a Sentinel.

Grizzled old man Slaughter and Alexa Bliss caught in a sentinels search light in front of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Senerio posted:

Too lazy to edit Tony Khan/Cody's face onto a Master Mind/a Sentinel.

Days Of Future Endeavoured.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

level 1
mkj9u
136 points ·
6 hours ago
· edited 6 hours ago

I was very confused as to why she kept going after the pin and into commercial.

Edit: I guess she was okay? Just went way longer than needed lol
level 2
BittahObserver
34 points ·
3 hours ago

She’s going to be controlled by Ali, who hacks humans.
level 3
StarredTiger
8 points ·
1 hour ago

You know what? I down for that, I mean they might as well go all out
level 4
666Creature666
3 points ·
1 hour ago

Channel his inner Sombra

These people do not understand what "leaning into it" means.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

Days Of Future Endeavoured.

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hannibal is really stupid but sometimes interviews real guests so we're moving up in the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LesEz0id1YA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Hannibal is really stupid but sometimes interviews real guests so we're moving up in the world!

And then we get this person

https://twitter.com/ultimoDANK/status/1321076913973170176

I assumed they saw the Hannibal video when someone DMed me the tweet but nope, despite not following me they thought my gif was endorsing this as breaking news. It is going to be a good day on twitter!

https://twitter.com/ultimoDANK/status/1321078760771362820

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

Some of the comments on the video... :eng99:

idiot posted:

Wow! Meltzer totally compromised any journalistic integrity he had! Anything he says now isn't worth a drat!

moron posted:

Confirms what we thought all along.

What's the bets the usual meltzer mark channels like whatculture wrestling don't report this

dumbass posted:

There is proof it maybe legit that it confirmed what we all know man this company is so patheic this is what they resort to getting all the dirtsheets the so called pro wrestling media on their side also to catered to the smart marks fan wow unbelievable AEW is like the democrats they get exposed more and more

imbecile posted:

Always knew that goof meltzer was in the payroll. Pathetic

etc. etc.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 27, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm not going to be satisfied until someone rips up that document on an episode of NXT.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

william regal comes out and says "I'M NOT GONA STICK TO THIS SCRIPT BOOKER MAN, THOSE GOONS OVER AT AEW HAVE BEEN PAYING THE DIRTSHEETS AND I HAVE THE PROOF"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

Some of the comments on the video... :eng99:

etc. etc.

This one is my favorite.

quote:

David Worden
25 minutes ago
You get views because your awsom and we can all identify with you and you respond to all of your fans unlike so many others and I will continue to support you aslong as your on the air but one question have you ever met or worked with mike awsome and what was he like

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if another invoice could be put out there with an even more ridiculous line item that would indicate that it is an obvious fake since a lot of people believe that, that invoice is real.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If I was really ambitious and had a public Twitter, I would make a fake invoice, crumple it up, put some food stains on it, then photograph and post it.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/jj258x/apparently_vow_working_for_aew/

lol

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The creation of that invoice is one of the few bright spots of 2020 just utterly baffling how many people think its real.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

If I was really ambitious and had a public Twitter, I would make a fake invoice, crumple it up, put some food stains on it, then photograph and post it.

That is what I did with the original Clinton Foundation invoice (stapled with other blank sheets you couldn't see and random lines highlighted) but I am glad I didn't this time or Hannibal couldn't print it out.

I might send him a picture of an innocuous page 2 printed out tomorrow if I have time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1320511520250482688

I remain convinced that WWE is literally the only media these people consume

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE and like, reality TV? I dont even want to go to the old snarky standby of superhero movies because even the most boring, creatively dead MCU movie blows this garbage out of the water.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That is what I did with the original Clinton Foundation invoice (stapled with other blank sheets you couldn't see and random lines highlighted) but I am glad I didn't this time or Hannibal couldn't print it out.

I might send him a picture of an innocuous page 2 printed out tomorrow if I have time.

Pull a Mad Kurt and make the second page have no thumbnail, but when it opens up it just says "You're a dumb baby."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1320511520250482688

I remain convinced that WWE is literally the only media these people consume

It is. Additionally the people who consume their media is mostly WWE diehards so they pander to their base.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I never thought Roman was a bad actor, realistically only like a handful of wrestlers in history are great actors. He was always a victim of possibly the worst writing of the century in wrestling. I mean imagine going in front of a live audience knowing they're going to boo the poo poo out of you and then you have to deliver lines about your opponents balls and tell a fairy tale, and your best friend whose better at this than you can only offer the advice of doing a bugs bunny esque wink to the camera to try and save it. it doesn't work, everyone still hates you despite your obvious in ring talent.

I do think Roman is better than average when it comes to wrestling acting, but he's still fighting the script. We didn't need a page of lines when Omega kicked out of his Golden Lover's finisher at 1 because how loving dare the bucks exploit his vulnerability like that, of course he'll use every last bit of energy he has to say "gently caress that, gently caress you". The heartbreak was there without having to monologue it.

Vince McMahon for as much as he thinks he knows about show business has never understood the first word at all. He beats you over the head with concepts because if he can't be a good storyteller, he must be a loud one.

I think this dialogue heavy style of match will go away soon. It was a bad experiment. I think it worked out okay in the first match, but the HIAC match it was overdone, overstayed it's welcome and defeated the purpose of the gimmick. He did his best but I don't know, crying in a room full of disinterested TVs could make for a great dystopian film about our growing disconnection and collective detachment, but it doesn't make for good wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrestling Universal is following up on the Meltzer/AEW scandal and video is a Trump quality stream of consciousness rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKLAZiDvX-g

"I've been reporting news, that is only news worthy. If you ever look on my channel you'll see what I mean. Only the videos that I release are getting high numbers."

"Being a wrestling journalist, if you let it get to ya, you won't want to do it... Being a youtuber is hard."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still can't tell if he's doing a bit or not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I still can't tell if he's doing a bit or not

He is a journalist and fans of journalisms respect him.

quote:

Matthew Price
9 hours ago
I gave you all the credit when you first reported this. You have amazing insight even though we all knew they were on the payroll. Congrats. AEW is ruined.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hope you can look yourself in the mirror after having ruined AEW, MRT.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Nonsense talk, Tony pays his bribes in Bitcoin

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

oh but seriously I posted:

Nonsense talk, Tony pays his bribes in Bitcoin

Probably coulda signed Ben Carter if he’d thought of that sooner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hope you can look yourself in the mirror after having ruined AEW, MRT.

Good because if Wrestling Universal is right they are in league with WWE, both companies are promoting each other.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Vince is a good man, but the shadow board of directors give him wicked advice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

This one is my favorite.

Awesome misspelled two different ways in one sentence :allears:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Awesome misspelled two different ways in one sentence :allears:

are you getting payments from aew or is it processed through jeffrey

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THIS?

When was it first put out there? March or something?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would prefer to see messages from people who are pissed off about the fake image being viewed as real, and who believe the image was created by someone who hates AEW in order to hurt that company. people who appear competent proving otherwise. What a treat that would be. let me know if that ever happens. Send me a pm linking to it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

I would prefer to see messages from people who are pissed off about the fake image being viewed as real, and who believe the image was created by someone who hates AEW in order to hurt that company. people who appear competent proving otherwise. What a treat that would be. let me know if that ever happens. Send me a pm linking to it.

Is this close enough, sorry I don't know how to PM.

https://twitter.com/CursedDiamonds/status/1321137417710116866

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes, that's a wonderful start. i hope there is a lot of that somewhere online that i can find one day. People getting mad at morons being tricked by something designed to trick morons so that they can be laughed at, rather than shouted at angrily. any indignation should be directed toward the very mean person who created the trap. that person would be like a person who provided some sort of fake proof that the earth is flat. A real cad. editing this to say i had no idea what the word cad truly meant, and especially didn't know that it was a gendered insult. I feel a lot of shame and the only reason i'm not blanking out this awful post is because i don't deserve it.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 28, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

yes, that's a wonderful start. i hope there is a lot of that somewhere online that i can find one day. People getting mad at morons being tricked by something designed to trick morons so that they can be laughed at, rather than shouted at angrily. any indignation should be directed toward the very mean person who created the trap. that person would be like a person who provided some sort of fake proof that the earth is flat. A real cad. editing this to say i had no idea what the word cad truly meant, and especially didn't know that it was a gendered insult. I feel a lot of shame and the only reason i'm not blanking out this awful post is because i don't deserve it.

This guy was really angry about it being fake.

https://twitter.com/jay_judo/status/1258603851298607105

https://twitter.com/jay_judo/status/1258903286008164352

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oh Hell yeah!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1321625981161934848

How do people still take this guy seriously

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He was rovert-posting yesterday about how somebody should report the REAL reason behind the covid outbreaks at WWE (he knows but won’t say apparently)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He was saying earlier that NOBODY EVER MENTIONED 18-49 until recently, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/HeyItsMrStanley/status/1321636134666014720