Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol holy poo poo if they're the same cases that fly out of your ear canals at the slightest provocation

they are slightly different. the opening is a little more oval and the case is definitely deeper. not having a cable to weigh them down helps a bunch too

i thrashed my head around to the point where i thought i was going to vomit and they didn't come out

also my wife who absolutely hates earpods because they hurt her ears says these felt good to her

triple sulk posted:

supposedly theyre a little better but i wouldnt be surprised if its completely a placebo effect because people want to believe that they paid for premium quality sound

i would say they're a couple notches better. significantly less crispy high end, smoother midrange and cleaner / deeper bass response. they're not as good as my old sennheiser momentum in-ears that are somewhere on the floor of an NYC subway car but they're totally good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FMguru posted:

johnny fireball has this message that timb posted to apples internal disccusion forums
anyone who follows sports knows what it means when the team president gives an unprompted little speech in defense of a beleaguered head coach or gm and saying that he has their full confidence

in other words: macs are still headed for that sunset/maintenance/legacy retirement home

these desktops we've got, you wouldn't believe them. they're just the best. they're beautiful. nobody has desktops like ours.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

you should buy the iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey, op

:yeah:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

airpods are loving awesome

they're real good. completed my first outing at the gym with them and didn't see any need to take them out when i was changing and just left the gym wearing them under my hat.

comfy, sound great and easy to forget they're even on. i'm sold. however to wet the apple hating appetite around here, i have a list of things that need improved:

- need tap-to-skip-track. give me this somehow, tim.
- if you start listening to the airpods when your phone is far away or obscured by walls, bluetooth seems to negotiate a lovely connection where the audio isn't as loud and doesn't change even if you get closer to the phone. you have to reconnect.
- mac bluetooth audio is clearly inferior to stuff coming through Apple Watch or iPhone
- my Apple Watch had trouble pairing the first time I tried it. second time it worked.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

airpods are bad and apple is dying

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

i thrashed my head around to the point where i thought i was going to vomit and they didn't come out

ahahahahaha i'm picturing some computer man swinging his head around like a moron and projectile vomiting

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Citizen Tayne posted:

ahahahahaha i'm picturing some computer man swinging his head around like a moron and projectile vomiting

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

i would say they're a couple notches better. significantly less crispy high end, smoother midrange and cleaner / deeper bass response.

so what you are saying is that the air buds would make a terrible BLT?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Last Chance posted:

im a retard! i was hearing my other pair of headphones connected to my mac buried under some papers near my phone and thought my phone was making noise.

the airpods work very well folks.

dont uh...put your signature at the beginning of your posts????

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

7734 posted:

I have a 1.5 year old 6 that is a bit beat up and starting to have lightning port issues, but is still needs suiting.
In the true spirit of excessive American consumerism should I use my upgrade to get a
6s (and possibly die in a battery explosion)
or a
7 (and loose a hole I rarely use anyways)?

stick a paper clip into the lightning port and watch in amazement at how much lint comes out of it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:getin:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

triple sulk posted:

stick a paper clip into the lightning port and watch in amazement at how much lint comes out of it

yeah, this. might want to turn the phone off first, though. i pulled a ridiculous amount of compressed lint out of mine, and it didn't even look like it had anything in there. but the tell was that the cable didn't click into place assertively until i cleaned it out.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

triple sulk posted:

same, but your wall outlets. houses are v dusty

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

triple sulk posted:

i get zen-like pleasure from using my surgery microscope to de-lint my ports

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Raluek posted:

yeah, this. might want to turn the phone off first, though. i pulled a ridiculous amount of compressed lint out of mine, and it didn't even look like it had anything in there. but the tell was that the cable didn't click into place assertively until i cleaned it out.

my year-old 6s had just one tiny unsatisfying piece of lint. maybe the problem is that i always put it in my pocket with the port facing up?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Plorkyeran posted:

my year-old 6s had just one tiny unsatisfying piece of lint. maybe the problem is that i always put it in my pocket with the port facing up?

i dunno, i also do that. maybe im just more filthy as a person. my phone is a ~3 year old 5s, but it sat unused in a drawer until about 1.5 years ago

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

FMguru posted:

that first mac portable that weighed 14 pounds and cost $7500 (in late-1980s money) and used lead acid batteries
a/ux
xserve
xsan

that icards thing

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm waiting for a picture of a lone airpod left on the welcome mat of a new york Starbucks

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

a 7+ in fully sick jet black

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
that person is revolting

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
that's clearly a store model 'flaps

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the matte black is superior in every way

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
apples product launch calendar

https://youtu.be/W2Aq-gm3An0

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

the matte black is superior in every way

yep

jet black is dumb and terrible

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

yep

drat, this guy signed the gently caress out of his post!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

logikv9 posted:

I'm waiting for a picture of a lone airpod left on the welcome mat of a new york Starbucks

instead of Edward James Olmos leaving paper cranes everywhere, in the new Bladerunner movie it'll just be a single airpod

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Mister Macys posted:

instead of Edward James Olmos leaving paper cranes everywhere, in the new Bladerunner movie it'll just be a single airpod

You're in an Apple Store, walking along in the smell, when all of a sudden you look down...

What one?

What?

What Apple Store?

It doesn't make any difference what Apple Store, it's completely hypothetical.

But, how come I'd be there?

Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/811230400773242880

but the macos team burned down a year ago ... on this very night ...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

does the iOS team not want to get new computers ever?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

yep

when I was waiting in line to buy the WiiU (yes there was actually a line) literally everyone there was waiting for the black one except me (everyone got a ticket to hold onto depending on which model you wanted). the guy in front of me asked me why I wanted the white one, and I told him because it's going to look greasy and scuffed up after 45 minutes. he thought that was a funny reason, but it's true. plus I'm italian which doesn't help.

i remember my friend's glossy Toshiba laptop was the grossest looking thing I ever saw and he was a pretty clean guy. My 7 year old thinkpad still looks great though, even though we are probably both as equally messy/not messy. this trend of glossy black electronics...it's gotta stop!

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

does the iOS team not want to get new computers ever?

Maybe they touched a Thinkpad and now know how keyboards are supposed to feel

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ufarn posted:

uh

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ufarn posted:

from the linked article

quote:

Apple engineers wanted to use higher capacity battery packs shaped to the insides of the laptop versus the standard square cells found in most machines. The design would have boosted battery life.

In the run-up to the MacBook Pro's planned debut this year, the new battery failed a key test, according to a person familiar with the situation. Rather than delay the launch and risk missing the crucial holiday shopping season, Apple decided to revert to an older design.

welp, at least they didn't pull a sarnsung

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a 12" macbook with 2 ports and touchid would almost be worth it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

crapple

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ufarn posted:

someone explain to this idiot how functional organizations work

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

qirex posted:

but what if it was 2 lightning ports?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

i would say they're a couple notches better. significantly less crispy high end, smoother midrange and cleaner / deeper bass response. they're not as good as my old sennheiser momentum in-ears that are somewhere on the floor of an NYC subway car but they're totally good enough

wow and here I thought only airpods had this crippling design flaw of it being possible to lose them

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

The Management posted:

someone explain to this idiot how functional organizations work

poorly, once they get big enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

qirex posted:

yeah if they were the usbc/tbolt ports I'd be all over it

• Locked thread