Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"how can you say it's bad if you haven't even seen it?"

"Pattern recognition"
I imagine these people at a stop light just driving full speed into an intersection because the light was green, then yellow, but who knows what it's going to be next???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Regalingualius posted:

"I'm telling you, you're just not giving 'Batman Vs. Superman III: Rise of the Justice Lords, Pt. 2' a chance!"

Man, I would respect the stupid Grim And Gritty DC movie direction WAY more if they were aiming for a Justice Lords franchise rather than Justice League

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Duke Igthorn posted:

I imagine these people at a stop light just driving full speed into an intersection because the light was green, then yellow, but who knows what it's going to be next???

More like those Lab rats that press the button until the shocks drive them insane because there is technically a food bag somewhere in the room.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mars is very, very cold, Mr Artist.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

The biggest problem the Democratic Party is facing right now is the aging of its leadership, and there doesn't seem to be anybody waiting in the wings to replace them. Following that they're loving terrible at messaging, and need better demagogues to promote their agenda. Also Millennial Consultants to tell them "good god no that's not how you use memes."
Sorry, but they all busy chilling in Cedar Rapids

To hopefully end this derail, let's have some cartoons from Germany:

Couch says "Partnership"
Xi Jingping: "Was this seat just vacated?"

Schulz: "What does Corybin have that I don't?"
Merkel: "An opponent like Theresa May

This one's titled "Queen Angie's Speech"
Merkel: "My plan is to stay as noncommital as possible until the election and still muddle through to a victory somehow, as usual"

Figure: Well...
Caption: Enjoy

This one's titled "Just some last kinks to work out between the young couple"
Merkel: "We are on team, one unit, we are Mercron"
Macron: "Or rather Macrerkel"

Trump: "Now you're ISOLATED, losers!"
Label on the Ark: Paris Climate Agreement

Hope you enjoy German humor

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Every time I see the name Macron all I can think of is that old anime show that was actually 2 anime shows spliced together for some reason.

It's too bad that if/when we have a giant robot leader it'll probably be conservative.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gum posted:

Oh no, the general electorate is definitely to the right of Dem primary voters

taking this to PM since the thread has been poo poo up enough already

Cabbit posted:

The general election involves the people eligible to vote in the democratic primary, plus the rest of the voting public. The set of people who are eligible to vote in the general but not eligible to vote in the democratic primary is waaaaay to the right of eligible democratic primary voters, and commonly referred to as "republicans".

sorry, one PM argument at a time and you were too slow ;)

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

April 14, 1865? Or am I missing the joke?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Every time I see the name Macron all I can think of is that old anime show that was actually 2 anime shows spliced together for some reason.

It's too bad that if/when we have a giant robot leader it'll probably be conservative.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the safety of the UK's tower blocks – The cladding that was used on Grenfell Tower has been fitted to at least three other tower blocks, the government has revealed"

Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Evening Standard:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Well, if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Tobermory posted:

April 14, 1865? Or am I missing the joke?

Johnny Depp, known dumb man/actor, said dumb things about assassinating a president.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Studios will often refuse to screen a film before general release if they think it will bomb. AGC.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That last panel is literally the opposite of reality. GOP is pushing hard as gently caress to get Pelosi out and absolutely do NOT want her to stay -- their cartoonist yes-men picking up the talking point so obediently is proof enough of that.
The GOP is trying to get her out and pretending they're concerned for Democrats, not trying to convince them to keep her because she's a weak opponent.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fart City posted:

Johnny Depp, known dumb man/actor, said dumb things about assassinating a president.

Specifically, that dumb thing. "When was the last time an actor assassinated the president?" is a quote from Depp.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I dunno, there's still time for him to follow through

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Holy poo poo, so that's what that was called! :aaaaa:

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Who's the chap on the right of this? It's not Blair...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

That last panel is literally the opposite of reality. GOP is pushing hard as gently caress to get Pelosi out and absolutely do NOT want her to stay -- their cartoonist yes-men picking up the talking point so obediently is proof enough of that.
The GOP is trying to get her out and pretending they're concerned for Democrats, not trying to convince them to keep her because she's a weak opponent.

loving wooooooooosh

The joke is Pelosi helps the GOP because they can run against her whenever any random D runs for office, which has been a hot point of contention lately

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 23, 2017

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

My Face When posted:

Jon Stewart

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kaza42 posted:

Man, I would respect the stupid Grim And Gritty DC movie direction WAY more if they were aiming for a Justice Lords franchise rather than Justice League

Holy poo poo! A loving twist as the Justice League movies goes really dark and gritty and ridiculous before BAM a bright, sunny, colorful hole is busted into reality and the REAL Justice League bursts through! They're lighthearted, and fun, and colorful and then there's a "TO BE CONTINUED" ! Holy poo poo I'd buy an entire theater!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda isn't super translatable:

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skam_(TV_series)#International_success

Is every one of Zelda's male friends trans or is that just how she draws dudes?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

WampaLord posted:

The joke is Pelosi helps the GOP because they can run against her whenever any random D runs for office, which has been a hot point of contention lately
But that doesn't change the fact that the GOP is the last group that would champion her stay, which is what's being depicted. I recognize they have mobilized opposition but that's not the same as them wanting her to stay. Despite any possible campaigns to run contrary, they very vocally want the opposite.

JosefStalinator posted:

What? Because he's vaguely effeminate? Wearing earrings?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

JosefStalinator posted:

You need to go to trendier bars.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Zelda artist does draw guys you're supposed to like as though they're wearing heavy makeup (not strawman guys you're supposed to hate, they don't get that treatment)

Not sure how you get from there to them being trans though

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

The Zelda artist does draw guys you're supposed to like as though they're wearing heavy makeup (not strawman guys you're supposed to hate, they don't get that treatment)

Not sure how you get from there to them being trans though

Ah thanks, that answers it. None of the trans people I know look like that, but neither do any of the dudes I know either so I thought it was some signalling thing or something, I dunno :shrug:

duz posted:

You need to go to trendier bars.

Goons going to bars? Come on now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

My Face When posted:

Philip Hammond, Chancellor and propbably the biggest pro-Remain Tory still in high office.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Avirosb posted:

"You have to pay up to see what's in it", basically.
This is what pisses me off so royally, because Republicans seem to do EXACTLY what they accuse Democrats of doing every loving time, and they get away with it. Pelosi was misquoted, and when it's their turn at bat they do exactly what they claimed and kept the bill in the dark. Even other conservatives are starting to go "wait a minute" the right has gone deep into the abyss.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

This is what pisses me off so royally, because Republicans seem to do EXACTLY what they accuse Democrats of doing every loving time, and they get away with it. Pelosi was misquoted, and when it's their turn at bat they do exactly what they claimed and kept the bill in the dark. Even other conservatives are starting to go "wait a minute" the right has gone deep into the abyss.

1. Everything they do is projection
2. They do not consider being hypocrites bad or undesirable in any way

Their actions make perfect sense with the above understanding

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ted Rall works for Sputnik News.

3 (the Ukrainian president, Poroshenko)

5 (I guess the Pentagon wasted some money on camo)

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 24, 2017

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

sheep-dodger posted:

Couch says "Partnership"
Xi Jingping: "Was this seat just vacated?"

This trash is printed in a newspaper in Germany ?

Just so you non german speakers know, , Xi is speaking german in a really terribly racial charged way, replacing all R with L sounds, this is some old timey racist poo poo

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

I had no idea that the job of the leader of the House cat herders, in charge of making sure Democrats vote as a bloc, was responsible for running the party. I could have sworn we had a gently caress-mothering campaign and vote about 4 months ago and elected Tom Perez to the position, but I guess he's actually just a decoy from the real leader.

Quick question, if the Democrats retake the house, who becomes speaker? Cause it sure as hell isn't going to be Tom Perez.

That's why likability matters for that position. If you want her herding cats, make her whip. Keeping them as a block is literally 100% of the job description of the whip. Pelosi is massively unpopular with the general public in a job where popularity is one of the most important qualities. If you want people to vote Dem, it's a hell of a lot easier if they don't have to hold their nose because they don't like who would be speaker if they do.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cpt.Americant posted:

Quick question, if the Democrats retake the house, who becomes speaker? Cause it sure as hell isn't going to be Tom Perez.

That's why likability matters for that position. If you want her herding cats, make her whip. Keeping them as a block is literally 100% of the job description of the whip. Pelosi is massively unpopular with the general public in a job where popularity is one of the most important qualities. If you want people to vote Dem, it's a hell of a lot easier if they don't have to hold their nose because they don't like who would be speaker if they do.

Most people seem to have problems following the details of politics. I doubt most voters know who she is beyond "bossy woman."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cpt.Americant posted:

Good thing they have a new vote for speaker every election then so it wouldn't automatically go to who was the minority speaker.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

BarbarianElephant posted:

Most people seem to have problems following the details of politics. I doubt most voters know who she is beyond "bossy woman."

Which is reflected by the fact that she's one of the most recognizable democratic office holders and that we will be voting to maker her the speaker of the goddamn House. She's 77 and has been in charge of the house for basically a generation. It's beyond time the torch was passed to a new generation. That's how leadership works, as time progresses eventually your time comes to an end. Not because Republicans say so, but because it's an appropriate time to do so.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

T-man posted:

Not letting this go. You can keep your dumb hate boner for the monarchy, but calling a woman 'it' because you don't agree with an institution she is a part of is sexist. She is a woman, not an object, you thick motherfucker.

(I've been called an 'it' too many times to ignore this nonsense.)

Sorry, American here, I thought though that there was some distinction between the Queen herself, and the genderless Platonic idea that is the Monarch, the Sovreign, the Crown, ect.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cpt.Americant posted:

Which is reflected by the fact that she's one of the most recognizable democratic office holders and that we will be voting to maker her the speaker of the goddamn House. She's 77 and has been in charge of the house for basically a generation. It's beyond time the torch was passed to a new generation. That's how leadership works, as time progresses eventually your time comes to an end. Not because Republicans say so, but because it's an appropriate time to do so.

Given there's nobody suitable to take the position at the moment no, its not really an appropriate time.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There's never an appropriate time for up and dying in the middle of things, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cpt.Americant posted:

gently caress off, Americant. The only fuckers convinced by "He's standing next to PELOSI" are hard R voters. Stealing R votes is not and has never been a good plan. Motivating Democrats will win elections. Idiots like you tirelessly and blindly repeating Republican propaganda cannot help. They are not arguing in good faith; don't do the work for them and certainly don't try to justify the positions that they don't really hold.

• Locked thread