Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Congrats to everyone who got their Jalter, even if it was a little late!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are many good things to be found in this awful game, but Jalter's troll faces are the greatest treasure of them all.

EDIT: In other news, the next JP live broadcast about the Apocrypha event has Achilles' VA attending, which is a pretty good indication he's getting added. I hope you all have your Penthesileas at NP level 5 ready.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 10, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Saber node seems a lot simpler than the Assassin or Archer nodes, thankfully. Robin makes the Spriggan pretty easy, Nobu and support Gil don't have any trouble with the last wave. Even if the All node turns out to be a nightmare farming manuscripts on this one shouldn't be too bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would hope Achilles is added considering he and Chiron are literally the only ones for apoc.

My question is how the banner will be.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

SINGLE ROLL

Aaaaaaaaa

holy poo poo! nice!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Saber node seems a lot simpler than the Assassin or Archer nodes, thankfully. Robin makes the Spriggan pretty easy, Nobu and support Gil don't have any trouble with the last wave. Even if the All node turns out to be a nightmare farming manuscripts on this one shouldn't be too bad.
It's not too bad but the Mona Lisa drops are pretty miserable. Got my own CE and one on Support but that's it. Almost tempted to backtrack to the previous Mona Lisa node.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I'm back to the Caster node after finally clearing out the shop. My servants are hungry for pages.

If we're posting late Jalter pics, this is the best roll I had since launch:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Always happy to see more people's Chaldea got better by rolling best character.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
should I just limit break the lottery CE because they seem really useless for this event

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As in, Scholars of Chaldea? Rolling out 5 is going to be way better than a single MLBed one. It's +10/+10 vs. +/3/+3.

E: Oh lottery CE as in the CEs you get from the lottery, yeah MLB the poo poo out of those.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 10, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

should I just limit break the lottery CE because they seem really useless for this event

Some people like to use multiple copies of Empieta/Merciless One when running a multi-tank team, but outside of that niche yes; even if you were going to use them this event you would want them MLB'd.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Come Camelot, Team France consisting of Amadeus, Marie, Jeanne Dork, D'eon and Sanson will be resuming the hundred year war with gusto.

A trip report will follow.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ughhh, only getting 40ish currency per node into a shop requiring a combined 11k, gently caress. Just to make sure, if I'm only concerned about emptying the shop (I already have loads of hearts), the 3 I want are Saber, Lancer and (ugh) Assassin, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yes, though Rider is also very very good and likely a lot easier for gold/Mona Lisa farming. I only beat Saber once because I had already finished all ML farming beforehand there.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Killed By Death posted:

Ughhh, only getting 40ish currency per node into a shop requiring a combined 11k, gently caress. Just to make sure, if I'm only concerned about emptying the shop (I already have loads of hearts), the 3 I want are Saber, Lancer and (ugh) Assassin, right?

Yes. Note that unless you're going after Angra or got Edison and Helena you don't need Black Beast Grease because the next servant to come out who needs a bunch of it is MHX Alter. Likewise the only servant to need Spirit Roots right now is Rama, so unless you're really hungry for Raikou or think of Irisviel as your waifu and want to max her out asap, you can pretty safely skip those as well. That should save you a solid chunk of farming time since it's 1400 less currency to farm if you don't need either one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Clawtopsy posted:

Come Camelot, Team France consisting of Amadeus, Marie, Jeanne Dork, D'eon and Sanson will be resuming the hundred year war with gusto.

A trip report will follow.

i thought you hate samson

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i have forgiven him because it is what marie would want

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

i have forgiven him because it is what marie would want

She would, but she can't because she has no head.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Yes, though if you have an excellent stable of Lancers and no gacha CEs you could consider the Archer node; it's slightly less good overall, but might be worth it if you find it much easier to run.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Turns out running two 2030's on two Wavers with a Nursery Rhyme as DPS helps out a ton on the Assassin node. I had to sacrifice +2 drops to do it, but it's so, so worth it to cut down on the BS.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

I would hope Achilles is added considering he and Chiron are literally the only ones for apoc.

My question is how the banner will be.

Come to think of it, you're right. I hadn't realized they were the only two left now that they added Semiramis and Avicebron.

On a related note, my biggest surprise out of Anastasia so far (like 3/4 of the way through?) is how much my impression of Avicebron changed. He went from "uhh wasn't he a bad guy in apocrypha i don't really remember" to the chillest and most reliable of buddies who I want to follow me everywhere. Avicebron? More like Avicebro.

The whole lead-up to (mild JP spoilers) the scene where you summon him is amazing, how they actually view the summoning from an outsider's perspective and treat it like a proper piece of magic, a crazy otherworldly ritual that calls upon a superhuman being that you're in awe of being in the same room with. Up till then you'd only had lovely support servants and had to hide from all the enemies, and after that you can trample over everything like normal. It was the first time in a looooong time that this game gave me the same feel as Stay Night or Zero did.

I've heard some interesting theories on why he showed up when he did, too. They're maybe a bit spoilery for this thread, though.

Also: his sprite is hilariously small. He's like the same size as little girl servants like Abigail.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 10, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that's because he's actually that short, going by his official height. iirc there's some random description of the actual historical figure that describes him as fairly short? so

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's barely taller than Abigail yet the man stands with such poise and authority

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Thanks to the event, managed to get Waver to 10/10/10. Still pretty bummed about not getting Jalter though :smith:.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/983767538545946624

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Avicebron is a very small man at like 5' 4'' so that's not too surprising. He looks way bigger than he actually is due to the swagcape and barbarian hair. It's nice to hear he got redeemed so hard from barely existing in Apocrypha. Who wrote the Anastasia singularity, anyway?

Transient People fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 10, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Unknown, and likely to remain that way. All we know about the part 2 writers is that it's the same as the EoR team and Nasu. I haven't finished LB1 yet, but if I had to guess it feels like Higashide was in charge of this one.

e: the more I read and think about it actually, the more certain I am that it's Higashide.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 10, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

17000 likes for 3sq, they are taking the piss with that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Events always give 3sq and they're probably just scaling it to increased activity on their FB page

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Hey, it is a free 3* CE.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Looking forward to getting a lot of Fous, QP and some Mana Prisms while failing to roll Angra Mainyu.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Retcon posted:

Looking forward to getting a lot of Fous, QP and some Mana Prisms while failing to roll Angra Mainyu.

:same:

It'll be great to get a servant or two to max fous off of chasing Angra.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Sodium Chloride posted:

17000 likes for 3sq, they are taking the piss with that.

I really wish they'd do what they did with the last major event and scale it up based on the activity instead of just tossing three out and calling it a day.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The untouched Jalter Fund is now the Iskander Fund, long live the king.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Huh, apparently the event runs to the 10th of May, meaning we're getting the extension that JP got due to server issues. Should be relatively leisurely then since that's just extra for us.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 10, 2018

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Does that mean JP server issues as well? :ohdear:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to get all the ascension materials and a good majority of the gems that are on high demand. I could clear out the shop but the grind is starting to get to me and I just want to spend the rest of my apples on the lotto.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what's the best node to farm for the lotto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The one that unlocks in about 2 1/2 hours