Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh my God FF7R is even better the second time through

Legit can't believe it turned out so well

Have they said how long Episode Yuffie will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

This is the opposite of my Demon’s Souls take. The 5 zones are extremely distinct to me and all of Dark Souls 1 completely bleeds together for me.

:same:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Demon Souls is good. Dark Souls is also good.

Iceborne is just as good.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Demon Souls is good. Dark Souls is also good.

That's true though.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
how does MHW run on PS5? I played through the base game on PC but if I were to play Iceborne I’d rather couch it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Had a headache for a few days. Need to get back to building my set for Alatreon. :negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

how does MHW run on PS5? I played through the base game on PC but if I were to play Iceborne I’d rather couch it

It's incredible OP.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Real loving good.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Had a headache for a few days. Need to get back to building my set for Alatreon. :negative:

I’ve been trying AT Velkhana solo and that’s a real motherfucker of a fight. I can go hunt for an elemental set to help with Alatreon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

remember when people were arguing that backwards compatibility doesn't matter? Lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

remember when people were arguing that backwards compatibility doesn't matter? Lol

Hahah there is a very petty part of me that recalls those arguments whenever people gush over the PS+ collection or how well some PS4 games run on PS5.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Imagine if all we had on the PS5 were PS5 games, lmfao

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Simone Magus posted:

Oh my God FF7R is even better the second time through

Legit can't believe it turned out so well

Have they said how long Episode Yuffie will be

They've said two chapters, but there was a pretty wide range of chapter lengths in the base game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

that was probably me lol lmao

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it blows that only like 10% of ps3s out there can play ps2 discs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

Imagine if all we had on the PS5 were PS5 games, lmfao

both of them

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i randomly came across the price of a new ps4 pro on amazon and it's $660. that's double what i paid for it a couple of years ago?!?! what the heck?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

abelwingnut posted:

i randomly came across the price of a new ps4 pro on amazon and it's $660. that's double what i paid for it a couple of years ago?!?! what the heck?

Amazon is filled with vendors indistinguishable from ebay resellers trying to game its search, you can probably find them for retail with a bit more effort.

Then you get to play the "what's actually in this box I just got because not even Amazon knows" lottery

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Let's be honest, it is rather insane that the PS4 virtually never dropped in price over the course of an entire 7 year console gen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The amazon prices are just gougers, but yeah its nuts to me that a PS4 pro can still be sold used on Ebay for like $325. You can basically get your money back. I'm so used to lugging in a last gen console to a retail store to get a new one and getting like $50 for it.

I sold mine to my brother for $100 and I think he has used it for like 2 hours total :sigh: Was hoping to get him into games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Let's be honest, it is rather insane that the PS4 virtually never dropped in price over the course of an entire 7 year console gen.

It definitely did at some point, I bought it for easily 100 less than the launch price at retail whenever I got mine.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Individual stores might have had sales on them at some point, but overall the price has pretty much never dropped from what it was when the console launched.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I really need to get off my rear end and sell my old base PS4. Looks like it could go for $150 w/ DS4 on ebay, may more since I upgraded the HDD to 1TB. Not bad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

i think the general console shortage during covid is keeping prices stable. A PS4 has been hardish to find for over a year now, and PS5s are insanely hard to find, so there's no reason for PS4 prices to go down the toilet since they are still pretty desirable. If PS5s were readily available and PS4s had stayed in stock throughout 2020 they'd be selling for under 100.

2 years ago you could grab a used PS4 off of CL easily for $100-150

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It definitely did at some point, I bought it for easily 100 less than the launch price at retail whenever I got mine.

Just for reference, by the end of their respective generations the PS2 and PSX were both selling for $99 or less, and I saw PS3s going for under $150 in 2013.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really have no idea what SE is even doing at this point with Avengers

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1367505999595245579?s=20

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Saw a theory that they're purposely making it horrible so that the playerbase plummets and they can kill it indefinitely. Or that it's going f2p soon.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BisterdDave posted:

Saw a theory that they're purposely making it horrible so that the playerbase plummets and they can kill it indefinitely. Or that it's going f2p soon.
They put a ton of money into this game so I don't think it's the former. It could be the latter though.

Then again FO76 still isn't F2P even with all of its issues.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

just a reminder that Ratchet and Clank PS4 is free for the month of March

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

i think the general console shortage during covid is keeping prices stable. A PS4 has been hardish to find for over a year now, and PS5s are insanely hard to find, so there's no reason for PS4 prices to go down the toilet since they are still pretty desirable. If PS5s were readily available and PS4s had stayed in stock throughout 2020 they'd be selling for under 100.

Yeah it’s definitely this. The price of second hand PS4s here absolutely shot through the roof last April. My brother paid like €300 for a second hand slim in late 2020, which is insane.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

FlamingLiberal posted:

They put a ton of money into this game so I don't think it's the former. It could be the latter though.

Then again FO76 still isn't F2P even with all of its issues.

True. Maybe it's also a mix of "gently caress it, let's go whale hunting".

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/Rocket_Pan_/status/1367618566904717315

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least when Konami made the FOB poo poo in MGS V worse they just did it lol

Actually I dunno if that's better....

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

None of that really addresses the fact that the PS4 pro (despite some added features) is still officially MSRP $399, what the console launched at 7+ years ago. It's insane, covid or not, secondhand market or not.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Picked up Bloodborne after another months-long gap, and had a hell of a time figuring out just where I was in this game. The last few pages of Souls talk made me really want to check out DS3 and Demons Souls, but I gotta beat BB first. I just gotta.

So I finally figured out where I was supposed to be and tore apart the One Reborn, and I’m gunning to get this thing done probably tomorrow, hopefully.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SE is making Marvel worse so everyone switches to playing Outriders next month.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Just for reference, by the end of their respective generations the PS2 and PSX were both selling for $99 or less, and I saw PS3s going for under $150 in 2013.

The Xbox One is still $300. I'm sure they're both making money on the devices, but maybe there's a limit to how much price can scale for the modern paradigm of console design, in ways that wasn't the case for PS2 and before. (Talking out ma butt here)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t think you’ll see PS4s for under $100 until the PS6.9+ Diamond edition comes out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t think you’ll see PS4s for under $100 until the PS6.9+ Diamond edition comes out.

I'm worried we've reached a stage where the price of everything is permanently inflated due to the ease and efficiency of scalping.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

The Xbox One is still $300. I'm sure they're both making money on the devices, but maybe there's a limit to how much price can scale for the modern paradigm of console design, in ways that wasn't the case for PS2 and before. (Talking out ma butt here)

I wonder if it's just that the last console generation didn't get the cheap end-of-gen slim revisions that usually cut manufacturing costs significantly. I guess there's less of a point to them with BC on the newer consoles and competition from the mobile devices that people already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Rinkles posted:

I've seen the One S in stores for less than 150 bux