Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Goddamn it, I'm working in the wrong place. You guys need a UK-based writer? Say yes. I'm going to assume you said yes. I'm already packing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

Goddamn it, I'm working in the wrong place. You guys need a UK-based writer? Say yes. I'm going to assume you said yes. I'm already packing.

You may not need to relocate, we do have a London office (although I don't know if there's a store on-site there) ;)

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Devastator went up on BBTS as well. $10 cheaper than amazon but of course there's the shipping cost. If you've already got stuff in your POL you need to ship though it probably works out nicely.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Deceptive Thinker posted:

You may not need to relocate, we do have a London office (although I don't know if there's a store on-site there) ;)

Hasbro UK is basically just an importer. And they're not very good at that, either. :mad:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

Hasbro UK is basically just an importer. And they're not very good at that, either. :mad:

There are definitely development people at the Stockley Park office - I have weekly conference calls with some

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Just waiting to see what the Takara one costs.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I'm just going to get the takara one. Guns n' Elbows, you know the drill.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm not going to buy the Takara one, I'm just going to buy the Takara Hook so I can switch the faces.

if the elbows are as fragile as people have feared it is only a matter of time before junker japanese Devastators flood the market.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Reaping taints all day long.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Not gonna fall for that reap.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
When I was a kid I loved Devestator and Soundwave. I used to love these back when they were metal or indestructible plastic.

Serious collector question: is MP Soundwave awesome? Does he come with cassettes? Is there a place I can go to learn more of him?

This thread also got me reading More then Meets the Eye and now every volume graces my shelves, including Last Stand of the Wreckers. Some of the best comics I've read, not even counting the fact they're about transformers! In my humble opinion, they're just the right amount of cheese, characters, and drama to balance a comic perfectly. Some of the scenes with Tailpipe and Cyclonus still choke me up a little.

Doctor Borris fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 26, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Borris posted:

Serious collector question: is MP Soundwave awesome? Does he come with cassettes? Is there a place I can go to learn more of him?

His leg joints are scary tight and his index fingers pop off and fly around the room. His cassettes have a tendency to jam up his chest, requiring you to pry the translucent plastic door open a little and work the tape out.

Other'n that he's phenomenal.

The Japanese release came with Laserbeak. Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage and Buzzsaw were released in separate two-packs. All are done very well. Ravage and Laserbeak are triumphs. The American release came with all of 'em.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Soundwave_(G1)/toys#Masterpiece

Phy fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 26, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The KO of MP-23 Exhaust is up on Ebay for $40. The Wheeljack KO went up at $40 and was $30 less than a week later so if you were gonna pull the trigger you should hold off.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
is there a KO bumblebee?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Phy posted:

The Japanese release came with Laserbeak. Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage and Buzzsaw were released in separate two-packs. All are done very well. Ravage and Laserbeak are triumphs. The American release came with all of 'em.

...and a KO of Ratbat can be bought on eBay for $17 shipped. Not sure where you would get Hasbro Soundwave now and not pay out the rear end, though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

is there a KO bumblebee?

Nothing has shown up, not even a hint.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

catch22 posted:

Didn't it close like forever ago cause the guy was too lazy to actually run the store or stock poo poo?

This is true. But he also uses that as his handle and I was talking about him.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

An Angry Bug posted:

Invictus, I'm sorry, but what you're doing isn't cool. Those toys should be bought by people who will enjoy them, not grabbed by middlemen for a mediocre level of profit.

Edit: There's a difference between picking up an extra for a friend, and buying one to keep off the market until you can make someone pay more for it.

Welcome to a capitalist society, I hope you're enjoying it so far.

It's a very smart move that he's doing - he's basically subsidizing his hobby for free. I find that very cool.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Whoa I always thought the G2 Protectobots were made-up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jesus, G2 was just terrible.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
That's our G2, all right!! *laughtrack, iris out*

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rhyno posted:

I'll fight you! Put up yer dukes!

Okay yeah, those kinda look like chinese knockoffs but G2 was my childhood man!

MEGATRON ATTACK!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

New-Mold G2 owns. Some of them even move!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GeeToo sucks and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rhyno posted:

God forbid a fire truck be red.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

GeeToo sucks and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!

If you hate Rotor Force or the Cyberjets you're just being an a-hole.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I am almost done with MTMTE. It's like a nightmare watching a thing I loved get lovely in the EXACT same way as another thing I used to love. It's like James Roberts watched the downward slide of Doctor Who and made a checklist. "Unnecessary romantic plot focus. Insultingly stupid monsters. Individual issues suffer for the sake of the season arc. Pop culture nonstop!!!!! Distractingly obvious foreshadowing. Just a dollop of self-indulgence...aaaaand.....perfect. poo poo soufflé."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Now Groove being repainted as Wreckgar makes sense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am almost done with MTMTE. It's like a nightmare watching a thing I loved get lovely in the EXACT same way as another thing I used to love. It's like James Roberts watched the downward slide of Doctor Who and made a checklist. "Unnecessary romantic plot focus. Insultingly stupid monsters. Individual issues suffer for the sake of the season arc. Pop culture nonstop!!!!! Distractingly obvious foreshadowing. Just a dollop of self-indulgence...aaaaand.....perfect. poo poo soufflé."

Serve me up another helping then because I still like it. :)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 26, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i'm sorry, gay robots and back to the future references are fantastic.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

"Unnecessary romantic plot focus. Insultingly stupid monsters. Individual issues suffer for the sake of the season arc. Pop culture nonstop!!!!! Distractingly obvious foreshadowing. Just a dollop of self-indulgence...aaaaand.....perfect. poo poo soufflé."
I don't think I'm hating it as much as you are but that pop culture poo poo was just mind-blowingly awful. I mean I'm sure some people enjoy it, but then, lots of people enjoy budweiser ads in their transformers so...

I really didn't like his angle on Caminus, either. You know, the planet depicted as fervently religious and entirely dedicated to the forge/maker prime? The one that is starved of resources and was desperately trying to survive? Firestar was awesome, but there's some pretty hefty "wtf"s about Nautica's description of their culture.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

i'm sorry, gay robots and back to the future references are fantastic.

I loved Chromedome/Rewind and Tailgate/Cyclonus. And Quantum Leap is extremely my jam. Like, embarrassingly my jam. Like, "I could tell you all the episodes Gooshie and Dr. Verbena Beeks were in from memory" my jam. But I cringed at the last page of the latest issue. Goddam, Roberts, I don't need to know what's on your MP3 player and your latest virtual console download AND your Netflix queue for crying out sideways.

Edit: and AND!!! why are were reading about all this poo poo when we could be reading a fresh badass take on Deathsaurus? Remember back in like motherfucking March when that was a really interesting plot thread that's now abandoned because Hoist found a copy of Cannonball Run or whatever dumb thing it's time to reference this month?

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 26, 2015

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

EthanSteele posted:

Also IronFactory are making a tiny Grimlock to go with Warbotron Computron but no brain transfer device accessory what the HECK is this clown show.
And were the Technobots supposed to be that big? I mean Grimlock was way bigger than a normal Autobot to start with.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

EthanSteele posted:

Also IronFactory are making a tiny Grimlock to go with Warbotron Computron but no brain transfer device accessory what the HECK is this clown show.

yessssssssssssss

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Knormal posted:

And were the Technobots supposed to be that big? I mean Grimlock was way bigger than a normal Autobot to start with.

I think it's just so he looks good with the combined form. Combiners tend to be portrayed larger than the sum of their parts

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Rotor Force, Laser Rods and Cyberjets own.

Also Laser Prime and G2 Tank Megatron are balls to the wall awesome.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Spiderdrake posted:

I really didn't like his angle on Caminus, either. You know, the planet depicted as fervently religious and entirely dedicated to the forge/maker prime? The one that is starved of resources and was desperately trying to survive? Firestar was awesome, but there's some pretty hefty "wtf"s about Nautica's description of their culture.

I do like his Caminus angle, myself, for the simple reason that it introduces some much-needed flaws into their culture, in a much smaller echo of the way IDW has long since driven the flaws of Cybertron's culture right into the ground. I can only deal with the beatific religious long-suffering refugee perfection for so long.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
So when they said Thunderclash was healthy again, I immediately remembered someone here saying he'd gone full Gillen and coming off the back of WicDiv 11 I was already bracing myself. What we got isn't as crushing as what I was expecting, but it was bad in a totally different way. Keep your stupid Earther culture out of my Cybertronian comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ahh yeah good old Dr Smoov HOLY poo poo THAT VIDEO'S NINE YEARS OLD