Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Brainamp posted:

So we just had a Firestarter day 1 where the cops were late to the assault. We moved every single bag, and the only things we encountered were the gangsters and a few cloakers.

Highest kills: 7.

Firestarter Day 1 can actually be sorta stealthed IIRC. You just gotta off all the gangsters before they notice you - a single red ! means cops are incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Darwinism posted:

Firestarter Day 1 can actually be sorta stealthed IIRC. You just gotta off all the gangsters before they notice you - a single red ! means cops are incoming.

I know, but if you look at the top we were in an assault. Literally the only things that attacked us were cloakers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brainamp posted:

I know, but if you look at the top we were in an assault. Literally the only things that attacked us were cloakers.

Sometimes that happens. It's like they can't follow you up the hill or something, and you're just slogging bags up the hill in silence.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm surprised that bug is still around. It's pretty rare...maybe that's why they never found it/fixed it.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug
I purchased Payday 2 from the Steam sale this week, so I'm probably about to ask an obvious question.

Is it common to be under level 10 and get kicked when there's less than a few minutes from completing a mission?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

platero posted:

I purchased Payday 2 from the Steam sale this week, so I'm probably about to ask an obvious question.

Is it common to be under level 10 and get kicked when there's less than a few minutes from completing a mission?

One pubber group hovering at around lvl 20-30 kicked me when I was lvl 55 after I went and sawed through all the deposit boxes and looted everything for them because I naded the host down by the van while the other two were loving around with body bags.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Speaking of long time bugs, it's nice to know the saw bug where it keeps the saw sound until you close the game is still around.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

platero posted:

Self-quote:
It's frustrating to be about to complete a mission and get xp/dollars just to get kicked when it's almost done.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Finally got "They Drew First Blood." Holy crap big bank can be violent as hell, that wasn't even on death wish (it was on very hard).

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

platero posted:

Pubbies seem to kick arbitrarily. They're horrible people.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

platero posted:

Play with goons. We won't kick you even if you're level 1 playing with a bunch of level 100s.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

Play with goons. We won't kick you even if you're level 1 playing with a bunch of level 100s.

Of course not! Dragging level 1's through full cook OK rats is a favorite goon hazing ritual time honored tradition!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Stanos posted:

Speaking of long time bugs, it's nice to know the saw bug where it keeps the saw sound until you close the game is still around.

IME, it at least goes away once the map/game engine fully unloads now, so you just have to beat the heist to make it go away. YMMV.

Also, free tip for everyone: Always make sure you're not reading your Big Oil engine map upside down. :sweatdrop:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, I have this link saved to my tablet for whenever I do Big Oil and it always fucks me up at first because my brain wants to flip the map 180 degrees.

http://albertkung.com/bigoil/

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not that I ever needed to look at the Big Oil reference, but now I feel stupid about the engines being grouped by the number of tubes.

Only bugs I have with the game is the detection meter lingering and Big Bank being a soundless void.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 30, 2014

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

platero posted:

Self-quote:
It's frustrating to be about to complete a mission and get xp/dollars just to get kicked when it's almost done.

Yes or be at day 3 and have the host leave if you fail first try.
Definitely wouldn't mind ganging up with some goons as well on this, kinda first fps I am liking for a long while.

edit: I spell good

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 30, 2014

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Why yes level 2 pubbie, I understand your frustration and disappointment and your ragequitting when the mission goes to poo poo and we only retrieve all but one of the bags. It wasn't because you're poo poo, or anything.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

platero posted:

It's not that common in my experience. It's kind of common to kick someone if everyone is waiting to escape at the van and one lone dude is 100m away shooting cops I suppose. Try to get a sense of when it's time to go as no one really communicates in pub games. Not saying that's what caused it in your case, you probably were just playing with dicks.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Lester Shy posted:

Yeah, I have this link saved to my tablet for whenever I do Big Oil and it always fucks me up at first because my brain wants to flip the map 180 degrees.

I used a similar one with a near-identical diagram. When you're just flicking back and forth between it in the middle of the game, "Doors" gets misread as "Door" really easily. And then I compounded the mistake by not paying attention to what number engine I actually grabbed. (Though one of the pubbies also randomly grabbed a second bag each time I took one, so we ended up wasting a helicopter loop on one.)

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 30, 2014

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

For some reason pubbie hosts would rather kick level 10's than put a level cap on their games. They want the help of a non-bot but they dont want to pay the cost of having an inexperienced player.

edit: also it's been touched on but don't be surprised if you get kicked when the level 4 pub wants to do babbys first stealth run with none of the proper equipment and it all goes to poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Sometimes that happens. It's like they can't follow you up the hill or something, and you're just slogging bags up the hill in silence.

No, the cops just failed to spawn - it's happened to me a few times before. You'll get maybe three or four tans at the start, then you might get a couple of cloakers, but you'll never see anything more. :iiam:

platero posted:

Self-quote:

Pubbies are lovely. Don't Play With Pubbies.

Join the goon group and play with goons instead.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Lester Shy posted:

This one is better and has an android app as well: http://payday2skills.ru/bigoil.html

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
I bought Payday 2 on the sale and every 5 minutes the game just hangs. The music continues, but the game just becomes completely non responsive (no error message, etc) and have to give it the three-finger-salute to get back to the desktop.

Anyone else getting this?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Yoshimo posted:

I bought Payday 2 on the sale and every 5 minutes the game just hangs. The music continues, but the game just becomes completely non responsive (no error message, etc) and have to give it the three-finger-salute to get back to the desktop.

Anyone else getting this?

Check your graphics card drivers. I had that issue with an Nvidia beta driver

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Jim DiGriz posted:

Holy gently caress guys, I don't think anyone ever stealthed FF day 3 louder than two buddies and me.

We packed the coke into the pre-vault room, I insisted on trying to get some gold out, and locked in myself there with the bookshelf. Got a phone call, told the guys I'll be back in two, just do their thing and open the vault. Well, the loving vault door pushed me to the wall while I was on the phone, and I got stuck there, unable to move anywhere, half-glitching through the steel door. And I was the host, so quitting was not an option.

So, my idea was that we chain the three ECMs we have, grenade me down (six should do it), and after I've bled out, the other two can run. And it worked! We got the silent bonus and everything :D
I just did FF FS 3 stealth last night for the first time since we were running Overkill and the two of us (not four) weren't enough to run it loud with all the Bulldozers coming in. Our grand master plan refined after dozens of restarts ended up being "kill the guards and cameras, ECM up, kill all the civilians on the way to the manager's office, grab the keycard, kill the cameraman, kill the two tellers, kill everyone else because they like to run for the alarm near the back door, go open the vault with unlimited afk time". I wouldn't call it "loud" since we were using silencers but that bloodbath wasn't really "stealth" either. Ended up not paying $350k in cleaner costs since my bank account was already at zero, but yeah, we're not very good at this game :v:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 30, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

platero posted:

Self-quote:

Finishing the first two days of a three day heist (or even four+) perfectly getting all of the possible loot or even stealth, only to get kicked on the last mission as you're finishing it is one of the most frustrating things I've experienced in a while, and Payday2 has done that to me several times.

They really, really need to give you some kind of a consolation prize. Like, maybe a payday card but no cash payout. Maybe like half of the experience. But right now you get like .0001% of the experience and $0 and no cards. Its loving horrible.

Never play with pubbies, play with goons or don't play at all.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Zaphod42 posted:

Never play with pubbies, play with goons or don't play at all.

As good as some of the previous suggestions were, this really should be the new thread title.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

maketakunai posted:

I just did FF 3 stealth last night for the first time since we were running Overkill and the two of us (not four) weren't enough to run it loud with all the Bulldozers coming in. Our grand master plan refined after dozens of restarts ended up being "kill the guards and cameras, ECM up, kill all the civilians on the way to the manager's office, grab the keycard, kill the cameraman, kill the two tellers, kill everyone else because they like to run for the alarm near the back door, go open the vault with unlimited afk time". I wouldn't call it "loud" since we were using silencers but that bloodbath wasn't really "stealth" either. Ended up not paying $350k in cleaner costs since my bank account was already at zero, but yeah, we're not very good at this game :v:

I always have a hard time killing civilians :(. This is why my guns, uh, shoot very expensive bolo rounds that can tie up them even if they are beyond the invisible borders of the level. After we're done they get up and walk away, I'm pretty sure.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

maketakunai posted:

I just did FF 3 stealth last night for the first time since we were running Overkill and the two of us (not four) weren't enough to run it loud with all the Bulldozers coming in. Our grand master plan refined after dozens of restarts ended up being "kill the guards and cameras, ECM up, kill all the civilians on the way to the manager's office, grab the keycard, kill the cameraman, kill the two tellers, kill everyone else because they like to run for the alarm near the back door, go open the vault with unlimited afk time". I wouldn't call it "loud" since we were using silencers but that bloodbath wasn't really "stealth" either. Ended up not paying $350k in cleaner costs since my bank account was already at zero, but yeah, we're not very good at this game :v:

FF? Framing Frame? There's no tellers or civvies in FF day 3. So you mean Firestarter 3, right?

That's kinda amazing. :black101:

Seriously though you goons what are you doing, the simple bank heist (same level as firestarter 3) is so easy to stealth. I stealth that one over and over for quick cash.

Framing Frame day 3 or Election Day 2 or Big Bank or even Shadow Raid are pretty hard to stealth.
But Firestarter 3 / Original Bank is super easy!

We were doing the GO Bank the other day stealth, and it was going fantastic, everybody tied down, guards dead and pagers answered. Then... some civvies wandered in, and we were out of ties. Sorry guys. Then... more civvies. And more. And more and more and more. OH GOD STOP COMING DOWN THIS STREET, I'M SO SORRY... :unsmigghh: Eventually it got to where a civ spawned on the edge of the map where I couldn't get to, but she still alerted when she saw bodies and carnage. I couldn't get a shot around the corner, and that was that. Kinda annoying there are spaces they can spawn you can't even see, that's a bug pretty much.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 30, 2014

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

If you walk the tied up civies to the parking lot behind the bank, the people who wander into the bank won't alert. Unless of course you have to answer the fone. Which you're too dumb to drag out of LOS of the front. Which is only the second stupidest thing about the PayDay Gang (their staunch, principled, religious refusal to close doors being the top one).

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Jim DiGriz posted:

I always have a hard time killing civilians :(. This is why my guns, uh, shoot very expensive bolo rounds that can tie up them even if they are beyond the invisible borders of the level. After we're done they get up and walk away, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah, I usually feel pretty bad, even the guards are just doin' their job man but we gotta go and murder them all :(

Zaphod42 posted:

FF? Framing Frame? There's no tellers or civvies in FF day 3. So you mean Firestarter 3, right?

That's kinda amazing. :black101:

Seriously though you goons what are you doing, the simple bank heist (same level as firestarter 3) is so easy to stealth. I stealth that one over and over for quick cash.
Er, yeah, Firestarter. FF, FS, same thing, right? :sweatdrop: I'm only level 41-ish and my partner was 20-ish so we didn't have like ECM Keys to get to the cameraman or C4 to blow open the vault. We got kinda tired of trying to make all the civvies down and tying them all up without one of them somewhere trying to sneak off to the alarm or out the front door with our backs turned, so we said gently caress it and killed 'em all :black101:

I've never managed to successfully stealth FF -- or go loud, either. Every attempt has ended in failure, whether it's when we have to dump the coke (so many trips) or not being overwhelmed by the massive amount of SWAT. :(

Tulip posted:

(their staunch, principled, religious refusal to close doors being the top one).
They close the doors to the security boxes in Firestarter 2, but, gently caress, seriously just close some doors I don't wanna stand here in plain sight of anyone who walks by :(

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT

Big bank stealth with one other dude who is really new? Not a problem!

:whatup:

Guess what happened after this.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Zaphod42 posted:

We were doing the GO Bank the other day stealth, and it was going fantastic, everybody tied down, guards dead and pagers answered. Then... some civvies wandered in, and we were out of ties. Sorry guys. Then... more civvies. And more. And more and more and more. OH GOD STOP COMING DOWN THIS STREET, I'M SO SORRY... :unsmigghh: Eventually it got to where a civ spawned on the edge of the map where I couldn't get to, but she still alerted when she saw bodies and carnage. I couldn't get a shot around the corner, and that was that. Kinda annoying there are spaces they can spawn you can't even see, that's a bug pretty much.

If you're out of ties and trying to stealth, you can just shout at civilians. They won't call the police while they're cowering.

The problem with this is that you have to keep shouting at them every minute or two or else they'll get back up and then call the police. So eventually it'll become impractical to keep doing this unless you have a full group and one or two people are doing nothing but crowd control. The good part of this, though, is that it takes longer for a civilian who walks in off the map to freak out and call the police if they see someone cowering as opposed to if they see a dead body. Sometimes they'll even run closer so that they're not spread out everywhere.

I play co-op with one other guy pretty much 100% of the time and by the last part of Jewelry Store stealthed it's alternating between carrying bags and yelling at people to :byodood: GET THE gently caress DOWN NOW :byodood:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 30, 2014

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The only time I've ever had the Gensec phone call fail and a cop patrol come on The Big Bank is when we hosed up and started having to off civvies outside because we failed at stealth. Even with 2 sets of body bags and 24 ties you will run out.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Saw a pile of wooden planks next to my apartment building today as I was getting ready to leave for work, and I thought man, I should grab those

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

President Ark posted:

If you're out of ties and trying to stealth, you can just shout at civilians. They won't call the police while they're cowering.

The problem with this is that you have to keep shouting at them every minute or two or else they'll get back up and then call the police. So eventually it'll become impractical to keep doing this unless you have a full group and one or two people are doing nothing but crowd control. The good part of this, though, is that it takes longer for a civilian who walks in off the map to freak out and call the police if they see someone cowering as opposed to if they see a dead body. Sometimes they'll even run closer so that they're not spread out everywhere.

I play co-op with one other guy pretty much 100% of the time and by the last part of Jewelry Store stealthed it's alternating between carrying bags and yelling at people to :byodood: GET THE gently caress DOWN NOW :byodood:

Yeah we started off by just having one guy baby sit them and yelling GET DOWN over and over, but the problem was then civvies saw those civvies, then civvies saw those civvies, and it just spiraled, as Payday stealth fails do. I killed a couple to avoid having to babysit too many that were spread too far apart, but it was probably lost by then anyways.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The only time I've ever had the Gensec phone call fail and a cop patrol come on The Big Bank is when we hosed up and started having to off civvies outside because we failed at stealth. Even with 2 sets of body bags and 24 ties you will run out.

Yeah most of the other maps there's like two or three civvies who wander on after you start, and depending they might not even notice anything. But on the GO bank, you're gonna have a lot of pedestrians to deal with.

I guess it helps if you work fast, we took our sweet time finding those drat keycards.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
GO Bank has a large, but apparently limited set of street civilians that begin to spawn once the timelock countdown begins, on top of 4 wandering street civilians during the prior period. Civilians that alert in their spawn positions, off the map, can be killed with grenades.

Big Bank has an unlimited number of civilians that will spawn from the street, path into and leave the lower floor of the lobby. There is also a finite number of civilians that will spawn in the street and path into the upper floor of the lobby. The civilian spawn locations on Big Bank are specifically designed to prevent civilian genocide- an alarmed civilian will eventually spawn in an unreachable position and call the police.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

404notfound posted:

Saw a pile of wooden planks next to my apartment building today as I was getting ready to leave for work, and I thought man, I should grab those

I've done a lot of stealth killing with the silenced pistol in Wolfinstien, and after ever kill, the instinct is to bag up the body or attempt to answer a pager. Then when I realize that can't be done, I worry about other guards finding the body just laying around.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Incidentally, it's important to note that shouting at civilians to get down is 'silent' in that it will not alert another nearby civvie on the noise. Alerts can spread based on people seeing others cowering, but if you yell at someone to get the gently caress down and there's someone else 5 feet away in another cubicle without line of sight, they will not alert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Coolguye posted:

Incidentally, it's important to note that shouting at civilians to get down is 'silent' in that it will not alert another nearby civvie on the noise. Alerts can spread based on people seeing others cowering, but if you yell at someone to get the gently caress down and there's someone else 5 feet away in another cubicle without line of sight, they will not alert.

"Must be Bob's tourette's acting up again. Oh, that wacky Bob. :haw:"

• Locked thread