Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Deadulus posted:

Well they need it to pass the bill by reconciliation. I am wondering if they can actually get the CBO score before the Senate recess.

Can they just somehow lie or break decorum to get around it somehow since the only one who cares about that are Dems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I bet the number of opposing GOP Senators to this is exactly the same as the number they can spare and have Pence be the tie breaker, and I bet every single one is in an at risk district.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

gently caress heads

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/877919322148155392

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lmao what the gently caress

I'm throwing a concert headlined by U2, LCD Soundsystem, Metallica and Jay-Z/Kanye/Beyonce. BUT! If too many people show up it will be cancelled half an hour before it starts. This will surely not piss anyone off.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
get yer full bill text link here

https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/SENATEHEALTHCARE.pdf

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it's not going to matter either because it'll say it kills 36 million people this time and the party will vote lockstep save for 1 token abstention

That one token abstain is actually just Rubio not showing up

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

gently caress, i dunno

maybe when millions of people are dead from preventable causes/natural disasters/rising waters/military adventurism?

starvation might do it

americans are p lazy and fat, so i reckon we'll take a lot of poo poo, too much for it to matter
i'd say when empathy becomes necessary again so all of those happening at the same time pretty much

they actually ran a profile on most of these and most of the callers and town hall participants are actually verified republican voters

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

I bet the number of opposing GOP Senators to this is exactly the same as the number they can spare and have Pence be the tie breaker, and I bet every single one is in an at risk district.
how much you wanna bet

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:orb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00VL1HNfqA

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This is cartoon villainy and nothing matters

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

soros is at it again

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

fart blood posted:

This is cartoon villainy and nothing matters

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This poo poo is crazy

I really don't want it to pass but I'm also kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if it gets railroaded through by Republicans because it's going to fuuuuuuuuuuuuck enough people that it just might have electoral consequences.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'd say when empathy becomes necessary again so all of those happening at the same time pretty much

they actually ran a profile on most of these and most of the callers and town hall participants are actually verified republican voters

Yep, in states where you have to register by party they checked at the door against your ID lol

Then when they complained, the Rep called them all paid protesters working for Soros and that they hate America

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

is this verification by record of which primary ballot they voted on or is it some other more, shall we say, russian means

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Burt Sexual posted:

So is this bill gonna pass?

Most definitely

Serf
May 5, 2011

also elephants are straight up better people than humans

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This poo poo is crazy

I really don't want it to pass but I'm also kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if it gets railroaded through by Republicans because it's going to fuuuuuuuuuuuuck enough people that it just might have electoral consequences.

"The Democrats wouldn't work with them to make the bill better" - VOTES HARD R

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have the money to pay for health care insurance at insane market rates so kill all boomers now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This poo poo is crazy

Once this and the tax cuts pass, 100% of the GOP's time is going to be spent rolling out NC-style massive and obvious voter suppression efforts in the run up to 2018. The worst will come just before the election so that they cannot be challenged until after the fact, which suits them just fine

Every single person who still allies themselves with the Republican party must be made to answer for this, we have no allies and they do not work for anybody but themselves and their donors

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

is this verification by record of which primary ballot they voted on or is it some other more, shall we say, russian means
the former

i'm not sure they tried the latter, at least openly

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

It doesn't have the name Obama in it, which means its finally okay to read it :peanut:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Serf posted:

elephants are so cool that being the symbol of the dumbest gaggle of motherfuckers ruining the earth right now doesnt diminish their reputation : a l l e a r s :

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Serf posted:

Every other species that aren't humans are better than humans

Why do you think we're trying to wipe them out before we finish wiping ourselves out

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This poo poo is crazy

Yeah I'm kinda at the point where I just want every single Republican to suffer horribly

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/DjOd20P.gifv

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the former

i'm not sure they tried the latter, at least openly

i figured but like, at this point it actually seems like a valid question lol :tinfoil:

Serf
May 5, 2011

if i didn't have this prosthetic leg, i would just forgo healthcare and save myself the $130/month

but thanks to the AHCA, i might not have to worry about the leg much longer after it breaks!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/877918493487767553

why

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Equeen posted:

Yeah I'm kinda at the point where I just want every single Republican to suffer horribly

Congrats. It's not when you finally realize it that matters, it's just that you realize it that matters.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Every other species that aren't humans are better than humans

Why do you think we're trying to wipe them out before we finish wiping ourselves out

not all of em are better people though elephants are the best :3:

they deserve the right to vote

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Talking Heads is good

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

fits my needs posted:

Can they just somehow lie or break decorum to get around it somehow since the only one who cares about that are Dems?

I don't think so. I was under the impression that reconciliation is actually codified in law and not just rules that can be changed by the senate.

But, someone else may know better.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

na, thats bullshit soros definitely paid for that profile

just think about it

its soooooooooooooooooo~ convenient isn't it :rolleyes:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Serf posted:

if i didn't have this prosthetic leg, i would just forgo healthcare and save myself the $130/month

but thanks to the AHCA, i might not have to worry about the leg much longer after it breaks!

lol just use a peg what are you TOO GOOD for tradtional prosthetics, lib???

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i figured but like, at this point it actually seems like a valid question lol :tinfoil:
i have it on :ninja: good authority that almost the entire GOP is pozzed as gently caress by the russian mob but i'm sure anything really good is still for mueller's eyes only

Serf
May 5, 2011

it almost feels like poo poo may matter because these people are just transparently skipping out on taking responsibility for killing millions of people smh

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Serf posted:

whos rear end u gona break it off in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jazerus posted:

lol just use a peg what are you TOO GOOD for tradtional prosthetics, lib???

i built one of those once

they are

not good

• Locked thread