Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Firefly Cloud! :swoon:

If you aren't listening to it yet you should do yourself a favor and listen to that track. It does a great job of emulating LOWAS' landscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
First track is a remix of Airtime. Already sold.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Pastrymancy posted:

Firefly Cloud! :swoon:

If you aren't listening to it yet you should do yourself a favor and listen to that track. It does a great job of emulating LOWAS' landscape.

No kidding! Also October is :kiddo: as hell.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Aw... I was hoping for an entire album of GameBro. I guess a complex multi-part piano ensemble that skillfully evokes images of Homestuck is good too though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Negastrife" is quite similar to "Rex Duodecim Angelus."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So far this is basically what Sburb should have been like.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrew Hussie on his Tumblr posted:

Consider it an early birthday present. (Or, if it is your birthday today… Congratulations! I am so proud of you.)
Awww, thanks Huss! An album on my birthday is pretty rare and a pretty cool present!

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Roger Explosion posted:

Awww, thanks Huss! An album on my birthday is pretty rare and a pretty cool present!

Those were Radiation's words actually, Andrew just reblogged from him. But yes, this album is great.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Walliard posted:

Those were Radiation's words actually, Andrew just reblogged from him. But yes, this album is great.
I just realized that and came in to edit my post but alas you are too fast for me! How's about I just say thanks to all the music team in general and thank my lucky stars this came out on my birthday? Yeah, that'll work. :v:

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 16, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bongo Bill posted:

"Negastrife" is quite similar to "Rex Duodecim Angelus."
It's the ending that really delivers. Great track.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Aww, I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet, (putting it on the workout mix for tomorrow) but a full version of "Unlabeled Record" is everything I could have hoped for in an album. :3:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The whole thing is pretty amazing, but "Mother" is an absolutely lovely track. And now I've got the art for Sunrise as my desktop.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Unlabeled reminded me of Gymnopedie #1 by Erik Satie. Wonder if that was an inspiration or what? (embedded video of the piece below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

WilliamAnderson posted:

Unlabeled reminded me of Gymnopedie #1 by Erik Satie. Wonder if that was an inspiration or what? (embedded video of the piece below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

Yeah I was honestly surprised Erik Satie wasn't listed in the credits for that one.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Question: What the hell time signature is Flying Car in? :pwn:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

3+3+2+2+3 could be a few things, but it's probably alternating 6/8 and 7/8.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a PDF in the album that mentions all this, but apparently Flying Car started as a "13/8 double piano piece."

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Nate RFB posted:

So far this is basically what Sburb should have been like.

Just listened to the full new album and this was one of my thoughts too. One Year Older is great fun + atmosphere with a host of unique pieces that don't have the samey feel Sburb had

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
I'm pretty sure that most of October could be the theme for a Mario Party board, it has that kind of tune to it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
If any of you guys are still got the update shakes, Treestuck will be reading the pages about the Troll Ancestors at 2000 CST. In the words of the Prequel thread - let's all make a Homestuck cry!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Hey guys, remember when I used to post my Homestuck fanmusic in this thread all the time? I don't think I would have ever picked up composing as a Big Thing in my life if it wasn't for the Homestuck community and especially you people inspiring and encouraging me to keep on going with it.

Well this isn't related to any of my Homestuck fanmusic, but if it weren't for Homestuck and this thread in particular getting me started, I wouldn't have made this at all:

click the pic

So I just want to thank all of you for making this possible. I hope this doesn't come too close to being off-topic self-promotion :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well Manicured Man posted:

Hey guys, remember when I used to post my Homestuck fanmusic in this thread all the time? I don't think I would have ever picked up composing as a Big Thing in my life if it wasn't for the Homestuck community and especially you people inspiring and encouraging me to keep on going with it.

Well this isn't related to any of my Homestuck fanmusic, but if it weren't for Homestuck and this thread in particular getting me started, I wouldn't have made this at all:

click the pic

So I just want to thank all of you for making this possible. I hope this doesn't come too close to being off-topic self-promotion :v:

Hey yo give this man your riches.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Guys, it's been almost three weeks. My F5 finger's getting itchy.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Samovar posted:

If any of you guys are still got the update shakes, Treestuck will be reading the pages about the Troll Ancestors at 2000 CST. In the words of the Prequel thread - let's all make a Homestuck cry!

Will be getting through the Ancestors at least. Fingers crossed that she makes it to [s] 5x Showdown Combo, since she's been desperate to figure out what happened between Gamzee and Karkat. Sincerely doubt she'll make it past AH: Close Tome, since she was told that would be a good stopping point before Cascade.

Also, love the album, WMM. Really gives a nice fusion of classical music and tribal elements.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Pessimism posted:

Guys, it's been almost three weeks. My F5 finger's getting itchy.

I'm actually getting so used to Homestuck not updating that I'm having trouble imagining what life will be like once we get back on the normal "multiple updates per day" schedule.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just caught up with the series for the first time a couple of days ago. I'm interested in seeing this rapid update schedule~

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Sometimes I think it was better when I was still reading the archives rather than waiting for updates. Only sometimes, though.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Well Manicured Man posted:

I thought for a second you meant the painting.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Jazu posted:

I thought for a second you meant the painting.
Hah, me too.
Well Manicured Man I believe you have a very bright future ahead of you as a movie composer. You're going to give Hans Zimmer a run for his money. Album purchased!
And when that happens I hope you can give me the source to Witching Hour.
Edit: I am a stupid dumb dumb. :downs: So, wait, who here is the composer for that? LISTEN TO ME or something?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 18, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

DaveKap posted:

Hah, me too.
Well Manicured Man I believe you have a very bright future ahead of you as a movie composer. You're going to give Hans Zimmer a run for his money. Album purchased!
And when that happens I hope you can give me the source to Witching Hour.

I didn't compose Witching Hour :ssh:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

DaveKap posted:

Edit: I am a stupid dumb dumb. :downs: So, wait, who here is the composer for that? LISTEN TO ME or something?

Sinister Psyche. Not a goon as far as I know, it just got really popular here.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Triskelli posted:

Will be getting through the Ancestors at least. Fingers crossed that she makes it to [s] 5x Showdown Combo, since she's been desperate to figure out what happened between Gamzee and Karkat. Sincerely doubt she'll make it past AH: Close Tome, since she was told that would be a good stopping point before Cascade.
There's a possibility she'll get stuck on an asphyxiating Megido, but maybe things will be different since she's reading through the archives.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bell_ posted:

There's a possibility she'll get stuck on an asphyxiating Megido, but maybe things will be different since she's reading through the archives.

If she ever gets started, anyway. :sigh: She said she'd be starting about two hours ago. I need my fix, guys.

*EDIT*

Ask, and ye shall recieve. She's currently running through her ask box before reading.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 18, 2012

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well, she's answering asks now, which is a good sign!

Treestuck posted:

PRETTY MUCH DOC IS THE ULTIMATE VILLAIN IN HOMESTUCK TO ME?

HAH, she just never stops setting herself up, does she?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, man, she's already getting indignant about "furniture privileges". I expect her to rival Karkat by the time she gets to "breathing privileges" or "Actual Suicide Attempt". :(

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I've never followed a liveblog before. Why is this so drat compelling (and hilarious)?

She's gonna flip in about five minutes.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How many months have we been waiting for this?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bell_ posted:

How many months have we been waiting for this?

Nine, apparently. Though I only started following a couple months ago.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Treestuck posted:

INCOHERENT SCREECHING NOISES EXCUSE ME I NEED A MOMENT OKAY I KNOW SHE’S GOD TIER AND ACTUALLY FINE BUT DOC WHAT IN THE DICKENS IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU HAVE NOT THE LEAST SHRED OF HUMANITY IN YOU I KNEW THAT I DID BUT WOW WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BEING FOND OF LITTLE GIRLS YOU GREAT BIG SCHEMING HEARTLESS PUTZ IM SO SORRY DOC SCRATCH LOVERS BUT I FEEL SLIGHTLY LESS GUILTY ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I KNOW THE REASONS YOU LOVE HIM ARE THE REASONS I DONT SO I DONT FEEL THAT BAD

DOC YOU MISERABLE

HORRIBLE

BEAST

It's finally happened. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm reading along. If I remember correctly, there's currently only circumstantial evidence that that is not actually Aradia, right? How long did it take us to realize?