Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Ah that makes sense. Theres definitely a sliding scale of American tonics as far as sweetness goes, it's not like the old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

App13 posted:

How should it be done?

American tonic is sweetened and the FDA limits quinine content. Buy something like Fever Tree if possible, and have a plainer baseline dry gin like Beefeater or Gordons to work out what normal should taste like.

Then you can go wild with fancier bits and pieces.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Time to watch dirt fly........and land on me. drat therapeutic cutting through years old grime though.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Deer lord, someone help me synthetizers are money sinkholes. After the korg volca sample and keys I bought a volca kick, a volca fm, a behringer mx400 mini mixer, plenty of audio connectors, ableton live, a scarlet 2i4 sound interface and a akai apc 25 keyboard in the matter of a few weeks.

This won't end well.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Apr 15, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Use diet tonic water :getin:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I paid $17 for a toilet lever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought some ground round for chili, and chili seasoning, and some catfish cause I was gonna pan fry some for a poboy, but now I gotta go back to the other grocery store tomorrow because they didn't have wheat buns which means I can't make my poboys tonight :saddowns:

LIFE IS DIFFICULT.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I spent $1400 buying out one of my student loans this morning, that's a purchase right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I spent $1400 buying out one of my student loans this morning, that's a purchase right?
nice work

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Use diet tonic water :getin:

This is what I do.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Fidget cubes finally arrived, only a few months late...

Also got a camera with non-garbage sound quality, which is surprisingly rare for a portable camera. It should be much better than GoPros and cell phone cameras for recording rehearsals. Hopefully it can handle some dog slobber, as it got investigated by the dog as soon as it was out of the box.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oops.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

The Science Goy posted:

Fidget cubes finally arrived, only a few months late...

Also got a camera with non-garbage sound quality, which is surprisingly rare for a portable camera. It should be much better than GoPros and cell phone cameras for recording rehearsals. Hopefully it can handle some dog slobber, as it got investigated by the dog as soon as it was out of the box.

Lol I walked into a store in hicktown, BC 2 months ago and bought one of these things for less than $10 CAD. Are fidget backers really only getting theirs now?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

treiz01 posted:

Lol I walked into a store in hicktown, BC 2 months ago and bought one of these things for less than $10 CAD. Are fidget backers really only getting theirs now?

All of the fake fidget cubes feel like the buttons are going to break in a month.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

fyallm posted:

All of the fake fidget cubes feel like the buttons are going to break in a month.

All the "official" ones actually do. :v:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

fyallm posted:

Nope, my $6 one from AliExpress has been great since I received it in November.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've said it before, but these things are cheap, ubiquitous, and a lot of fun:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Great product

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Great product

Please buy one, my children need baijiu

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Deer lord, someone help me synthetizers are money sinkholes. After the korg volca sample and keys I bought a volca kick, a volca fm, a behringer mx400 mini mixer, plenty of audio connectors, ableton live, a scarlet 2i4 sound interface and a akai apc 25 keyboard in the matter of a few weeks.

This won't end well.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Welcome to the club! And don't forget your tax credit when you file your taxes! (assuming you are in the US).

Got a 2017 LT in Black myself back in December. Absolutely love it. Getting around 55-63 miles per charge now that it is getting warmer.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A used truck for my various truck-related needs around the house:

In the process of slowly and carefully removing those flame decals.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This won't end well.

Pretty soon you'll be buying modular rack units. You'll be living in a cardboard box but oh my god did you see Makenoise has a new module? Wow. I could patch it to that Intellijel piece but it won't fit unless I move my clock divider and, ooh cool Dwarfcraft is doing modular now... poo poo, looks like I need more rackspace... :homebrew:

Content! I bought some stabby parts:

Harut System-Pistol Epee Grip

and a Titanium bell guard, which is not really necessary but I bought it just because it's super cool and TITANIUM IS THE MOST METAL OF METALS.

Why? Because I wanna learn French grip! And this is a weird awesome neo-French design with a steeper drop at the pommel, that supposedly has a lot of the advantages of French, without losing the precise control you get with a pistol grip. Yay stabby! :ese:

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Apr 17, 2017

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I've yet to find a French grip that I prefer over pistol. What advantages do you personally find?

Content: got an oil change. Full synthetic life.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

App13 posted:

I've yet to find a French grip that I prefer over pistol. What advantages do you personally find?

Content: got an oil change. Full synthetic life.

I'm 6 ft 3in and left handed. Add in the ability to pommel and it's the perfect storm of annoying fuckery. Also I tend to break and show the outer forearm, and/or leave an opening on the part of the upper arm just above the elbow joint during attacking actions. French grip emphasizes a lot of linear actions, which tend to work better for me than angular ones as my footwork is definitely better than my bladework most of the time.

It helps keep that defensive coverage of the arm a bit better aligned in my case, because I find it easier to keep the wrist angle from breaking with a French grip than with a pistol. As with everything, YMMV of course.

Plus, it's easier to toe-hit when you pommel and I absolutely goddamn love getting toe hits.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Apr 17, 2017

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I'm also a toe hit guy, that's probably the reason I got ranked at all! Maybe I should give French another go.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had to buy a new tire chuck because the gasket in mine failed and it was blowing as much air around the valve stem as into the tire.

But I got that motherfucking Pilot Road 4 mounted and it feels great.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

strangemusic posted:

Pretty soon you'll be buying modular rack units. You'll be living in a cardboard box but oh my god did you see Makenoise has a new module? Wow. I could patch it to that Intellijel piece but it won't fit unless I move my clock divider and, ooh cool Dwarfcraft is doing modular now... poo poo, looks like I need more rackspace... :homebrew:

Content! I bought some stabby parts:

Harut System-Pistol Epee Grip

and a Titanium bell guard, which is not really necessary but I bought it just because it's super cool and TITANIUM IS THE MOST METAL OF METALS.

Why? Because I wanna learn French grip! And this is a weird awesome neo-French design with a steeper drop at the pommel, that supposedly has a lot of the advantages of French, without losing the precise control you get with a pistol grip. Yay stabby! :ese:

That's the weirdest dildo I've seen so far. But I guess if your mom likes it :shrug:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

That's the weirdest dildo I've seen so far. But I guess if your mom likes it :shrug:

She should, your dad recommended it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Not a purchase per se:

The Hopper DVR w/Sling and a Joey.

Now I can stream Netflix without using my computer.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just bought a bath bomb on Etsy that's shaped like a skull and turns the bath blood red :black101:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Idiots, bath blood is already red!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just bought a bath bomb on Etsy that's shaped like a skull and turns the bath blood red :black101:

Link?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Here ya go

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Impulse-bought a purse that's looks like a skull

from Killstar, there's a slight sale happening now

And a pair of those conductive bone headphones to wear at work so I can listen to music or podcasts without bothering anybody and also be able to hear the phone or whatever. I've only used them briefly at the end of the day yesterday and to the grocery on my way home from work, but I'm pretty impressed so far.

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition

I just got this one too and I love it. I also got a new computer to go around it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I bought a thermapen. They're on sale for 59 bucks ATM, so get on it.

The Midniter posted:

Classic Thermapens are on sale for only $59 right now, brand new. This is by far the cheapest I've ever seen them for a non-refurb item, and it's available in six colors, unlike a lot of their sales that are limited to a single color. If you don't have one, jump on this!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Solid Cake posted:

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

You should've checked out Goodwill and bought one of these on the cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

1redflag posted:

I bought a thermapen. They're on sale for 59 bucks ATM, so get on it.

Thanks I have been on the fence about which model of these to buy and was just going to get the knockoff Amazon Xinhua 16omatic or whatever, but this one looks nicer and more durable.