Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, he is right, the purge movies(outside the first) are honestly the most left wing movies i have seen in while.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bioshock tried to do the same thing as MGS2, but hosed it up by including a pointless moral choice system, and not giving really any thought to the relationship between player and character

i always just saved them because you make more with that anyway plus its the right thing to do. that last level and half hurt that game badly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
what the hell is happening am I losing my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPThT_NefN0&t=970s

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cat doter posted:

what the hell is happening am I losing my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPThT_NefN0&t=970s

ehh, they have said appearing on RT and other places is fine in the past. as long as they don't go full greenwald or tankie, i don't care.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh, they have said appearing on RT and other places is fine in the past. as long as they don't go full greenwald or tankie, i don't care.

Will said he did it all just to meet Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and I cannot argue with that.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol what's "full greenwald"?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Bryter posted:

Marrying a man

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

mgsv undermined the entire narrative of the series. (even though the gameplay is quite good).

all of those games are about manipulation, metal gear 5 is no different

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Bryter posted:

insufficiently obsessed with russia

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Harassing women, such as Neera Tanden, online

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol, Neera, another person tweeting about Russia all day.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he is right, the purge movies(outside the first) are honestly the most left wing movies i have seen in while.

Elysium was like that for me. The ultra wealthy live in space, have the technology to cure the poor and infirm, and choose not to so we have to go take it from them.

Literally universal healthcare.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Best thing about Elysium were the critics who said it was poo poo because the premise was too unbelievable; why wouldn't the rich people on the station just let poor people use their unlimited healthcare?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Good episode and I continue to gently caress w Adomian’s imoressions.

“...owned”

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm only halfway through the episode but Felix is firing on all cylinders.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that trump photo has haunted me for days.

"a few years ago my husband died."
"owned."

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 16, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Will retweeted this

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1018495488767746048

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://crooked.com/podcast/love-strzok/

Fastforward to 13:00 and listen for the next 13 minutes

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I never really paid attention to the Tiger Mom, but wow, big surprise, she was a massive piece of poo poo

New York Post article posted:

Chua wrote of how when Lulu was 4, she rejected her daughter’s homemade birthday card for looking sloppy.

Lulu was ordered to practice the violin six hours a day, and both girls were required to play the piano flawlessly — or Chua would threaten to burn their stuffed animals. The merest hint of failure was met with name-calling: Sophia was “garbage,” Lulu a “disgrace as a daughter.”

https://nypost.com/2018/03/28/i-was-raised-by-tiger-mom-and-it-worked/

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://crooked.com/podcast/love-strzok/

Fastforward to 13:00 and listen for the next 13 minutes

Dude at least post Leslie's tweet.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

I never really paid attention to the Tiger Mom, but wow, big surprise, she was a massive piece of poo poo

Jesus I knew tiger mom was bad but burning your daughter's stuffed animals as punishment is psychotic

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Didn't they mention once the result was exactly what you'd expect, one type-A psycho and one faildaughter?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope Matt does more gaming in the future. I think there are a lot of games he would like if he tried them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

There is no way in hell the only thing he was doing was watching softball. Although someone who just shows up to watch softball every week when they don't know anyone playing should probably be investigated by the cops.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

Didn't she also have some weird racial pathology poo poo about jews and asians being superior too black people and "lesser-whites"? could of sworn i heard about it from an earlier chapo.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

yeah okay i've been hate-reading the tigermom for months now. they only mentioned her once before and i was floored when they brought her up because i'm psychoathically wanted nothing more than for them to tear her apart. she did her tiger mom book, which does contain race science elements on the fringes, then doubled down on it with a book about race science, then did her centrist bullshit book.

i hesitate to call her like a gigantic piece of poo poo, because if you watch her rubin report appearence, it's actually just pretty clear she's a gigantic and flailing dipshit whose brain is entirely composed from the stem to the cerebrum of the most harebrained and contradictory ideas, like, inside of her brain is that scene from being john malkovich where he goes inside of his own brain, but instead of several versions of him, it's really tiny john podhoretz-es. it's kind of like, i don't really get angry at my grandmother when she's racist, i just roll my eyes at her and then laugh at it later. she strikes me as much more of just a gigantic podhoretz tier moron that got into law school and then essentially just failed upward because ivy league academia is a loving joke.

the funniest part about all of is like... i get this feeling that she believes she embodies the sort of confucian idea of working real hard at poo poo to save yourself, except, you know, in ancient china they were working the fields, and poo poo, not making your dipshit kid play violine at her bat mitzfah or some bullshit.

the funniest part about this though, they didn't mention her back when they did the episode on it, but the deep chapo lore is that she wrote the foreward to hillbilly elegy, and that book actually started as jd vance's submission for an assignment she gave out, which she recommended he blew up into a full book, presumably using her connections from her previous loving drivel to get made. brilliant.

also this

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I hope Matt does more gaming in the future. I think there are a lot of games he would like if he tried them.

someone smarter than me should really get way into the sims (maybe 1 and 2 make it the most apparent) and talk about it through a marxist framework

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

the real amy chua own is that she's chinese and only in her early 50s yet easily looks a decade older than she actually is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Didn't they mention once the result was exactly what you'd expect, one type-A psycho and one faildaughter?

I think she is a fail daughter more in the sense that she didn't become some super high paid executive or anything. I think she became a pretty normal person with a normal subdued life.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
my least favorite thing about amy chua is i teach taiwanese elementary school kids for a living and she's not even right

there are hardass parents and there are lazy lovely parents in equal measure

almost as if all societies are all full of a diverse range of parental attitudes :thunk:

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

quadrophrenic posted:

my least favorite thing about amy chua is i teach taiwanese elementary school kids for a living and she's not even right

there are hardass parents and there are lazy lovely parents in equal measure

almost as if all societies are all full of a diverse range of parental attitudes :thunk:

well,,,,, if taiwan still belonged to the mainland,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Bryter posted:

Going on Tucker Carlson.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

red19fire posted:

Real youtube fitness freaks follow Bostin Lloyd's steroid regimen.

lmao I just checked back in on this and Lloyd is now using 500mg of DNP a day

ahahahahha

look up DNP if you're unfamiliar

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

same, i think he would like the RTS and poo poo. mount and blade. maybe even some RPGs.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Jesus I knew tiger mom was bad but burning your daughter's stuffed animals as punishment is psychotic

yeah, i would have gone into cantonic shock if that had happened to me. this lady is like an even more abusive version of those pagent moms. what episode do they talk about her on.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same, i think he would like the RTS and poo poo. mount and blade. maybe even some RPGs.

yeah, i would have gone into cantonic shock if that had happened to me. this lady is like an even more abusive version of those pagent moms. what episode do they talk about her on.

they haven't talked about her in depth on an episode. go read her book battle hymn of the tiger mother. it was actually fairly popular when it came out, it was in 2011 so it just pre-dated the internet going after people like her, unfortunately. through my childhood/early teen years i had a ton of traumatizing fights with my parents - i wasn't physically abused or anything, but i broke poo poo and my parents broke some of my poo poo to get me back for it because they were traumatized. i actually had a ton of anxious flashbacks while reading it.

but if that's not you it's really easy, she's not a challenging writer at all so it's pretty much a 200 page blogpost. pretty easy to find, if you catch my drift.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

landgrabber posted:

but if that's not you it's really easy, she's not a challenging writer at all so it's pretty much a 200 page blogpost. pretty easy to find, if you catch my drift.

Pirating, he's talking about copying the text and redistributing it without permission or charge. Pirating.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

420 Gank Mid posted:

Pirating, he's talking about copying the text and redistributing it without permission or charge. Pirating.

i'm a she. also i just didn't know if saying that outright was against SA rules or not, on several other boards i've been on over the years you had to keep it hush hush

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

landgrabber posted:

i'm a she. also i just didn't know if saying that outright was against SA rules or not, on several other boards i've been on over the years you had to keep it hush hush

just dont link to anything directly

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I want to see Matt play Detroit: Become Human more than anything in the world

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

"my traumatic upbringing by the hands of a psychopath worked out really well" says 22 year-old who has not spent a second in the real world and has no future intentions of doing so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

Bryter posted:

do you seriously think someone in their early 30s making $200k is par for the course in NYC?

yes, super duper yes if you're dual-income with a partner

you don't really appreciate how ridiculous NYC is until you are rubbing elbows with these dorks

e: i work in downtown brooklyn and commute from a different state, my commuting costs alone could pay for housing/utilities in a lower cost of living state

my mortgage and daycare together are north of 6 grand a month

NYC is loving insane and i cannot wait to never come here again

frest fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 17, 2018