Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
If you even want to write a statement like that, the right way to do it is probably:

quote:

In his first 100 days, the President has signed 13 Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolutions...
1) <Title and description>
2) <Title and description>
3) <Title and description>
etc
But they probably realized that describing the content would make it obvious how meaningless and unenforceable those things are, so instead they had to go by the amount and try to fill the page. Now 80% of that page is describing the work of other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

In the 80s, my dad told us he'd shoot each of us, then my mom, then himself in the event of nuclear war.

yeah I miss the old days too

Trumpet Winsock
Sep 20, 2001

FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS
SALE OR RE-USE
OF THIS BOTTLE

I'm the "bills laws" typo on the last line.

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/stat...genumber%3D5615

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Truman was essential to getting Bills laws passed.

Without these important protections, Bills would be everywhere running amok just like they used to.

Please dornam triad, please do not repeal the Bills laws!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I hope Sally Yates finds a good place to hide so she's not reported as committed suicide by shooting herself in the back multiple times

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, this is another one of his lovely power moves. Instead of going to the Senate like a sane man he's gonna force them all to stand outside on the WH lawn. He'll probably also have them wait for at least half an hour.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lodin posted:

Lol, this is another one of his lovely power moves. Instead of going to the Senate like a sane man he's gonna force them all to stand outside on the WH lawn. He'll probably also have them wait for at least half an hour.

Good, they can finally feel like the rest of us. I hope they have to recite the pledge while standing at attention.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I'll never understand what people mean when they say "get the government out of my life!"

you can already buy guns at Wal-Mart, huge pick-up trucks are the cheaper than anywhere else in the world, you can kill intruders on your property.... what do people think the government is preventing them from doing?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 25, 2017

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Lodin posted:

Wait until he figures out he can make even more money by inviting congress to speeches at one of his resorts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lodin posted:

washington post think its for a photo op for the 100th day lol

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Tumble posted:

I'll never understand what people mean when they say "get the government out of my life!"

you can already buy guns at Wal-Mart, huge pick-up trucks are the cheaper than anywhere else in the world, you can kill intruders on your property.... what do people think the government is preventing them from doing?

What about all the laws that say we can't make fun of gays and minorities anymore? Also, it's wrong that the government takes my money to pay for things that don't directly benefit me.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Tumble posted:

Persecuting minorities.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
the party of deregulation is bragging about how much regulation they passed

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Blow posted:

This is a good post.

Err :lol:

(Unintelligible) you.

Here's my morning double LOL that's just kicking my rear end: be ready, it's a mutual Alex Jones/Trump loving nightmare, and forget just what I quoted, to get the real effect you gotta read the whole thing.

Sandy Hook to Trump: 'Help us stop conspiracy theorists'
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39194035

Apparently, now that Alex Jones, the main dude behind denying that the Sandy Hook massacre happened, has declared he's an actor, the people whose KIDS GOT SHOT are going to Trump to ask him to stop the people who are literally stalking and harassing them BECAUSE their kids got shot, and Alex Jones told them it was a false flag AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

quote:

Leonard Pozner clicks on a YouTube video showing his street and the outside of his home. The camera zooms in on his balcony, and his address and a route to his door flash up on the screen.
There's no narration on the video - but there doesn't need to be. The message is clear: "We know where you live."
Because of videos like this one - there are dozens on YouTube, and more appear ever day - Pozner doesn't want to disclose the city where he now lives. He's had death threats and has moved several times in recent years...

..."We're a luckier family," says Hannah D'Avino, whose sister Rachel was a behavioural therapist at Sandy Hook Elementary School. "I personally will get about like three death threats a year because we don't speak up that much."

... Alex Jones is a talk show host and the founder of the multimedia portal Infowars. Regular listeners and readers are used to his rants on everything from 9/11 to attacks across Europe. And on several broadcasts he embraced the Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists. Less than two years after the attacks, he welcomed Halbig on his programme and talked about an Infowars story headlined "FBI says no one killed at Sandy Hook". Later he said: "Sandy Hook is a synthetic, completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn't believe it at first. I knew they had actors there clearly but I thought they killed some real kids, and it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors."

...Jones himself has tried to make the most of his connections to Trump. He claims the president called him shortly after winning the election and has spoken to him since, although the the New York Times reported that a Trump aide, speaking on condition of anonymity, "played down the frequency of their contact".
"It is surreal to talk about issues here on air and then word-for-word hear Trump say it two days later," Jones said on his radio show in August 2016. "It is amazing."
Gertz, from Media Matters for America, says that there is evidence that Jones does talk with the president. But he cautions that both men have had a history of pushing conspiracy theories and presenting "alternative facts".
"So trying to nail down for sure what their relationship is, based on the statements that they say about each other, is pretty dicey," he says.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: YOUR PRESIDENT AND HIS CONSTITUENCY LOL

Yes, I totally believe that we can ahahahaha reason with these people and Trump and Alex Jones together will ahahahahahah i can't do it... THEIR SUPPORTERS ARE RATIONAL ACTORS ahahahaha my sides theyhave been sending death threats for 3 years to people whose 5 year olds got shot god bless america only 3 death threats a year

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tumble posted:

From the type of person you're describing: the government prevents them from poaching, burning or dumping trash, making them wait or go through unnecessary and costly procedures to buy guns, harassing or discriminating against their coworkers/customers, producing or selling drugs, etc. They can phrase these more politely (there are a lot of laws that make sense in cities, with higher population density, that are burdensome or unnecessary in the country), but these are the interactions most rural people have with the government, particularly when their local government is doing poor economically and they don't see any benefits from them.

But as mean as I can be in describing rural conservatives, they're really not the ones who elected Trump and would quickly jump ship to a rival candidate that promised them universal healthcare and improved living standards. The average Trump supporter is more financially secure, elderly, and their most notable difference from general conservatives is that they are terrified of changing racial demographics.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

For not caring about some false, unimportant date, they sure have a lot of care in this memo.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Sally Yates will not live to May 8

Sad!

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Tumble posted:

It's illegal to rape your daughter, for one thing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Knight posted:

LOL, he's going to spam 4 more before the end of the week to justify his historic 100 days, otherwise this whole section would have to be removed.

1) The five second rule shall be repealed. Food that hits the floor is no longer protected by the FDA.
2) The FDA is disbanded
3) Someone should investigate why prescription drugs cost so much.
4) You can't not

Yup

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/856867904201142273

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Knight posted:

their most notable difference from general conservatives is that they are terrified of changing racial demographics.

This part gets me. Years ago a friend of mine told me he was worried because his kids were going to grow up as a "minority majority" or somesuch. I honestly thought he was joking. Apparently this idea is a Big Deal. Also, it's not racism - It's protecting white people from minorities being racist against us when we no longer win by numbers.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

Killing browns indiscriminately

Hmm, wait

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's really similar to homophobia, isn't it?

like, a lot of homophobia can be explained by the male fear that another man will treat him the way he treats women. fear of minorities seems to follow the logic of "if they outnumber us, they'll do to us what we do to them"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
the lols keep coming and coming and coming.

he's so predictable that people with no insight can accurately predict his behaviors.

lollolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololoololololololololololololololololololol

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

like, a lot of homophobia can be explained by the male fear that another man will treat him the way he treats women. fear of minorities seems to follow the logic of "if they outnumber us, they'll do to us what we do to them"

Yeah, and once you understand that you understand why these people will suddenly throw accusations of wishing for white genocide in your face if you try to discuss race with them.

They want to genocide all the brown people, and they're the nice non-racist white guys, you understand, so imagine how much genociding the uncivilized savages would do to innocent white babies if they thought they could get away with it?!

It's classic projection.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hey now I'd love to be treated like I treat women.

My life would be so much easier if no one made eye contact with me while observing only the bare minimum of social courtesy (nods hello, holding the door or elevator if someone is close enough, and saying thanks). Then later that night they can cry themselves to sleep for not having the balls to make a move.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

Tumble posted:

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

555 orange manbabies for this thread

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

I ride bikes all day posted:

This part gets me. Years ago a friend of mine told me he was worried because his kids were going to grow up as a "minority majority" or somesuch. I honestly thought he was joking. Apparently this idea is a Big Deal. Also, it's not racism - It's protecting white people from minorities being racist against us when we no longer win by numbers.
This is kinda weird to me, too, because unlike people who deny that racism has any effect in modern America (who I find ignorant and try to avoid), I've had friends who acknowledge that racism exists and is alive and even want to work to alleviate its effects, but will only do that from the safety of being the racial majority. If they feel their status as the majority is threatened they quickly turn to tribalism. It's a very cynical perspective.

These are people are fine having friends/family with different racial backgrounds and being around some minorities, so you wouldn't identify them as being racist, but they will become extremely on-edge if they are surrounded by minorities.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My little Timmy loves his rocking horse!

Don't take away little Timmy's only joy in this hosed up world!

*little Timmy fell asleep on his arm while chasing the dragon while watching dragon tails and had to have it amputated, so he waves with his only hand*

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

But, but Libertarianism is about liberty! We're not just a bunch of sex weirds and creeps who want to be God King Emperors of Industry while treating other human beings like literal cattle that we gently caress and exploit with no regulation or government interference!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

big, BIG crossposting lmaos

holy lolol

Thock
Apr 13, 2003
Well, Fuck.
And now the white house won't give information to Jason "my hair is a brillo pad of mormon pubes" Chaffetz relating to Flynn.

lol no crimes here no sir why do you ask?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL'in that Trump think slamming out Executive Orders will boost his Prez Credz when everyone understands that Executive Orders are the de facto laziest move a president can pull and clearly only used when the President lacks any confidence in their party's abilities to get it passed. The reason previous Presidents used them so sparingly is because they effectively

Like it's the most insecure way to be the President, and he's probably the most insecure president we've ever had, and he thinks it's making him look tough. Tears in my eyes, people, glistening tears of mirth.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Remember when Obama abused the Executive Orders process and side-stepped Congress through it like more than any other prez before him?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

big, BIG crossposting lmaos

holy lolol

Chaffetz, what the gently caress

Who let a chipmunk in to Congress

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thock posted:

And now the white house won't give information to Jason "my hair is a brillo pad of mormon pubes" Chaffetz relating to Flynn.

lol no crimes here no sir why do you ask?

I wonder how Flynn's request for immunity for testimony is going. lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lol

quote:

A German crowd booed Ivanka Trump on Tuesday after she called her father a “a tremendous champion of supporting families.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.0398f3504da7

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

that's a lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

i'm pretty sure homophobia comes from the same part of the brain that fears going to high places not because you could fall, but because you could see yourself jumping on a whim

like, homophobic dudes know that gays have a ton of fun, and that gobbling up dicks is probably a pretty rad pastime, so they're constantly afraid they're gonna be in church one day and just pull down some dudes pants and underwear and start sucking dick