Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Why are we even talking about Richard Ryder? We all know it's gonna be Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually a shot of all the Avengers, and the B teams in Iron Man suits would be cool as hell?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Give Coulson an Iron Man suit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It was less of a critique and more the idea in my head of that someone saying that and then immediately losing the fight, which while funny, is probably not the appropriate tone for this movie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Jedi posted:

I never knew that and now disappointed it didn't happen. Would watch that in a second.

They (unless it was Sony by then; I don't remember) were also very keen on having a spin-off from Die Another Day which would've starred Halle Berry, but I think she was already committed to Catwoman by then.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly if Stark hasn’t built Leopardon for Peter yet the movie is a failure.

Sounds like overkill against Thanos' helicopter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Peter's true strength comes from the heart, not some dumb cyber suit Tony built. That's why when Peter dies, his heart and soul will fuse with the suit and thus become Leopardon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even after ditching Tony's suit and going on his own, it's still Stark technology that brings down Vulture.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The War Machine suit is in that last shot of those heroes running

gently caress, I'm blind.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

They’re in every shot, squint harder.

gently caress, you're probably right.

Teenage Groot movie though, they're actually going to follow through on that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doooopppeee.

I'm going to guess Thanos obliterating Xandar is the cold open. Get him a gem and establish the threat right off the bat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Actually a shot of all the Avengers, and the B teams in Iron Man suits would be cool as hell?

In Iron Man suits, all embiggened by Ant-Man, given runes of power from Thor, vibranium shields from Panther, and a pep talk from Captain America.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I liked it overall, but I adored that last little scene.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Give Coulson the Venom symbiote.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I knew Wakanda had to have that final Gem. Makes perfect sense and BP is also the last film before IW so it may end or have a stinger showing Thanos’ forces attacking

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

God I'm so loving pumped for IW. Even after all these years just watching Thor and the Guardians hangin' out makes me teary-eyed.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Does anyone beside Fury know he is still alive? And is there ever a chance for him to be in the movies again or just on AOS?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Digital Jedi posted:

Does anyone beside Fury know he is still alive? And is there ever a chance for him to be in the movies again or just on AOS?

Sif knows. Also the president of the United States. That's it as far as characters who have been in the movies.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sif knows. Also the president of the United States. That's it as far as characters who have been in the movies.

Maria Hill knows.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ah yes, indeed.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Honestly Rider/Sam buddy movie would probably be the best option

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

God I'm so loving pumped for IW. Even after all these years just watching Thor and the Guardians hangin' out makes me teary-eyed.

yea I love cosmic marvel poo poo, very eager for IW after all this foundation has been laid.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Dacap posted:

Honestly Rider/Sam buddy movie would probably be the best option

I'd say that's too much to expect but the Guardians of the Galaxy are having a crossover with The Avengers so, really, all bets are off.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'll never stop pulling for Dick Ryder

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nor should you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That was

a good trailer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they have Thanos mop the floor with everyone with everyone, and then just when it looks bleak Coulson shows up and blasts him with the Destoryer gun, I'll personally make sure it's the number one movie of all time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Retro Futurist posted:

If they have Thanos mop the floor with everyone with everyone, and then just when it looks bleak Coulson shows up and blasts him with the Destoryer gun, I'll personally make sure it's the number one movie of all time.

A resurrected Killgrave shows up, points at Thanos and says, "Hey. Cut it out."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gavok posted:

Only if he’s played by Dave Coulier this time.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

fruit on the bottom posted:

Only if he’s played by Dave Coulier Matt Smith this time.

Took the joke in a different direction.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The end of the movie when everyone is dead or almost dead would be a good point to introduce Squirrel Girl.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The end of the movie when everyone is dead or almost dead would be a good point to introduce Squirrel Girl.

She's already getting a TV series

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dacap posted:

She's already getting a TV series

Turns out the entire MCU was just a backdoor pilot for it the whole time

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Saw this on Twitter, from the Infinity Gauntlet comic story the movie is based on:

Might be a different guy from space this time around:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Continuing the Hulk/Silver Surfer replacing from Ragnarok.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stop shaming silver people from the big screen, Marvel.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thanos reaches for the final gem as all the heroes lie defeated, when the foreground is blocked by two arms. One is orange and rocky, the other belongs to a huge, jacked man who is snikting out his claws. “It’s clobberin -“ cut to credits.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ya know i never really thought about it but warlock and surfer are the two most prominent characters in infinity gauntlet and neither are in iw. I wonder if the warlock from the gotg2 teaser will play a role in either movie

site fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 29, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gavok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i9Fa2UrDAk

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

site posted:

Ya know i never really thought about it but warlock and surfer are the two most prominent characters in infinity gauntlet and neither are in iw. I wonder if the warlock from the gotg2 teaser will play a role in either movie

While that would be cool, I seriously don't think they can introduce any more new characters with this movie that's already slam full of people that aren't going to get much spotlight due to time constraints.

I hope there is a 4 hour version if IW that I can watch later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

What's the over-under on Death being introduced because all I really need is a servant telling Thanos "no you can't gently caress a skeleton"

• Locked thread