Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dr Pepper posted:

Byregot reminds people too much of Zeus to be properly horny for.

Do you know how many people Zeus hosed? It was a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

Do you know how many people Zeus hosed? It was a lot.

A significant portion of those were either rape, in another form, or rape in another form

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
The best thing you can say for Zeus is that Poseidon was worse.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

birds of a feather

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vitamean posted:

birds of a feather

I laughed way too hard at this

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

maybe I missed it but does Byregot ever say "witness the glory of the divine!" in game like he says in the trailer?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yes, I believe that’s what he says as he synthesizes an entire colosseum around you for one of his phases.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My personal theory is that the Twelve are some sort of constructed life-forms, maybe some sort of Bottom of the Barrel backup plan of Hydaelyn's.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/onion_holic/status/1516475331200561157

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Byregot's design was kinda visually boring except for the really cool halo of nails

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheWorldsaStage posted:

e: sidetrack, but we have "Thal's balls" and "Matron's teats" but no one ever made an exclamational saying of Byregot's thighs?

Byregot's Glutes

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Genuinely one of my favorite things about the whole raid is the effect they do when Byregot is building things around the arena. Since animating individual bricks would be ludicrously CPU intensive they instead put a simple distortion map between you and the animating parts, getting a very convincing look without any particle animation at all. It's just so cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

Genuinely one of my favorite things about the whole raid is the effect they do when Byregot is building things around the arena. Since animating individual bricks would be ludicrously CPU intensive they instead put a simple distortion map between you and the animating parts, getting a very convincing look without any particle animation at all. It's just so cool.

Say what you want about FFXIV's limitations but the team has become absurdly proficient in making a ragged-rear end PS3 era engine pull off some impressive things.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Countblanc posted:

I've seen more people horny for naldthal than byregot and frankly that's tragic

It's because Nald'thal has the voice of all of the cute boys from the last two expansions they were already hot for!

That's right, all four of them! Despite only having two voice actors! Nobody can agree on who their VAs are, but they agree that they're horny for them!

(I'm pretty sure one of them is Hermes', since there's a line that sounds near-identical to the ones in the Zodiark fight.)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Does the curse “Thal’s Balls” refer to Nald, now that we know that Nald is on the bottom of Thal

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

thetoughestbean posted:

Does the curse “Thal’s Balls” refer to Nald, now that we know that Nald is on the bottom of Thal

No Thal’s Balls is a contraction and we never realised. Thal is Balls, Nald’s specifically.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cleretic posted:

It's because Nald'thal has the voice of all of the cute boys from the last two expansions they were already hot for!

That's right, all four of them! Despite only having two voice actors! Nobody can agree on who their VAs are, but they agree that they're horny for them!

(I'm pretty sure one of them is Hermes', since there's a line that sounds near-identical to the ones in the Zodiark fight.)

it really bothers me I can't figure out who Nald is

I think Thal is Fandaniel/Asahi

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Byregot's design was kinda visually boring except for the really cool halo of nails

I like his swirly hair that looks like how hair was shown on Greek sculptures

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Augus posted:

I like his swirly hair that looks like how hair was shown on Greek sculptures

Byregot really is a loving reference to Greek God design and as a huge Greek mythology nerd I love it

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Did some of the dialogue after the raid imply that Rhalgar has some sort of seniority over Byregot, or was that me misunderstanding?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mainwaring posted:

Did some of the dialogue after the raid imply that Rhalgar has some sort of seniority over Byregot, or was that me misunderstanding?

Rhalgr is Byregot’s master in the scholarly sense I believe. Teaching him how to use Lightning.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mainwaring posted:

Rhalgr is Byregot's father, according to the various wikis. I don't know where the information originally came from though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

Rhalgr is Byregot's father, according to the various wikis. I don't know where the information originally came from though.
Encyclopedia Eorzea, most likely. The creation myth says that Byregot and Halone were the last two deities to come through the Whorl (where most, though not all, of the Twelve were said to have originated), and Rhalgr was made their stepfather.
Rhalgr's own synopsis entry says "Rhalgr is the father of both Byregot and Halone, and serves as attendant to Nymeia."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

What do they say in the other languages instead of “thal’s balls”?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Les balles du Thalles

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
el thals balls

le thals balls

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
In Ishgard they say "a royale with cheese"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Professor Beetus posted:

What do they call a Big Mac?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

What do they call a Big Mac?

Salt Lick With Fromage

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ok but really

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

I'd like to give you a straight answer but I lack access to the full French script and the instances where "Thal's balls" is used in English. I did check one scene where I know it's used (one of the last cutscenes of the ARR Hildibrand quests) and it's just omitted for a differently-worded statement of exasperation.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Depends. Found one example where it's just "oi oi oi oi oi" (オイオイオイオイオイ) https://ff14.huijiwiki.com/wiki/Data:Quest/65873.json

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Professor Beetus posted:

In Ishgard someone tried to swear using Halone’s genitals and they were immediately executed

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
going mad with the knowledge that the god of creation is subservient in some way to the god of destruction and what that means for eorzea in a mythopoetic sense

edit: oh maybe it's supposed to reflect the rebuilding after the shattering

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

thetoughestbean posted:

In Ishgard someone tried to swear using Halone’s genitals and they were immediately executed

Hmmm....

Halone's lady baloney?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

sweet geek swag posted:

Hmmm....

Halone's lady baloney?

I'm eating at arbys tonight

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/amoer1407/status/1516611705438097417

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's weird that all the triple triad cards of the twelve so far are just 3 star in rarity.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's weird that all the triple triad cards of the twelve so far are just 3 star in rarity.

They're all equal in stature to each other, they don't want to compete for your deck space any more than necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I mean, pictures of Jesus are pretty common in the real world.