Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Join the club, my face is more caved in than your mother.
That Exhibition was full of all sorts of random twists and turns, still, I got some highlights in case anyone missed some. The only interesting match I forgot to record was Orochi Ball destroying 2ND Death Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QZ-_MZONNM

Also I made a thing.

You can use it as a desktop background if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dice_ posted:

That Exhibition was full of all sorts of random twists and turns, still, I got some highlights in case anyone missed some. The only interesting match I forgot to record was Orochi Ball destroying 2ND Death Star.

Oh goddammit, that is the one I wanted recorded; I requested it, completely ignorant that 2nd was a shitwrecker. So I didn't get to bet because I was too busy apologizing for accidentally submitting what I thought would have been a super-lopsided match. And then it became one of the biggest mindblowers of the night.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I've stopped watching the exhibitions because all the requests are of retarded characters like Flan and Dark Donald. It should have stopped with Rare Akuma, because he is actually funny. Now all the requests are "DUHHHRR 2X FLAN VS 2X LAVOS CORE" instead of something interesting.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Node posted:

I've stopped watching the exhibitions because all the requests are of retarded characters like Flan and Dark Donald. It should have stopped with Rare Akuma, because he is actually funny. Now all the requests are "DUHHHRR 2X FLAN VS 2X LAVOS CORE" instead of something interesting.

There are a few decent matches in between the 80 poo poo matches, and that's pretty much why I cut them down to the ones that are actually interesting like Gonzales almost beating Lavos Spawn at the beggining, that was pretty out of nowhere Hype and it got me excited. Meanwhile the 50 other Rakuma/Flan/DD matches just kinda had me sitting around waiting for the next real thing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dice_ posted:

Also I made a thing.

This is fantastic :allears:

Dice_ posted:

There are a few decent matches in between the 80 poo poo matches, and that's pretty much why I cut them down to the ones that are actually interesting like Gonzales almost beating Lavos Spawn at the beggining, that was pretty out of nowhere Hype and it got me excited. Meanwhile the 50 other Rakuma/Flan/DD matches just kinda had me sitting around waiting for the next real thing.

Yeah, the tourneys were way better, that Gloria match that crashed Mugen was hilarious though.

Twitch chat is stupid, I really like Flan but they're determinated to run her into the ground :smith:

At least nobody asked for Twitch Waifu Chan and they're ignorant of Yukari.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

At least nobody asked for Twitch Waifu Chan

As unfun and crappy as a lot of other characters are, that's the one that just makes me gag for how friggin tacky it is, well that and the thing that's just a bunch of unfunny reddit memes.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Dice_ posted:

Also I made a thing.

Speaking of twists and turns, how did Atomic Pretty Suika win their match? It looked like only Atomic Dust Amiba had lost any health. Did Psycho Shredder somehow get hit, or did the 99999 level fuckery mess with the results?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

dpbjinc posted:

Speaking of twists and turns, how did Atomic Pretty Suika win their match? It looked like only Atomic Dust Amiba had lost any health. Did Psycho Shredder somehow get hit, or did the 99999 level fuckery mess with the results?

Psycho Shredder got hit ONCE, rear end in a top hat. :argh:

Atomic Dust is coded to scam if he doesn't detect a consistent hitbox on his opponent ,UPS doesn't have a hitbox and Flan can't do poo poo if her opponent lacks a hitbox therefore the scam.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dice_ posted:

Also I made a thing.

Just FYI this is really really great and it's been my phone's lock screen since you posted it. I laugh everytime, sometimes internally, but everytime.

Also I went from mines to 6k in one morning yesterday. Holllaaa.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Amaaaaaaazing grace, how sweet the sound... hahaha.

While there are too many obvious requests and not enough good themed matches, at least it's profitable this way. Up to 300k, most I've had so far.

That said, what are some actual good requests y'all would want? Sadly I'm not Illuminati so can't make requests, I don't think... But if I could, I'd request the following:

- Beatrice and Takano Miyo vs Bernkastel and Oyashirorika
- Ayane Ikuse and Archer vs Kaname Madoka and Ms. Archer
- Ayane Ikuse and ? (forgot the name, it's the new chibi s-tier archer girl from the last update) vs Kaname Madoka and Kikyo_ex
- Pocket Felicia vs Yatteyaru-Death and Yui
- Maplestory Mage vs Vivi
- Minotaur vs Pteranodon
- Flen D vs Flen D (because Brazil was robbed last time!)

Mason Dixon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 3, 2014

Rasto
Oct 30, 2013

A good poster posted:

drat IT

Switching between a Chrome window and the Twitch app is such a pain because the video on Twich's app tends to be so far behind that betting on a match is already closed by the time the prefight segment's started.

Nexus 7 support is available now, but it freezes like hell. I'd recommend having Twitch on a monitor and bet on tablet via mobile site (if that's possible).

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Rasto posted:

Nexus 7 support is available now, but it freezes like hell. I'd recommend having Twitch on a monitor and bet on tablet via mobile site (if that's possible).

The app author made that update after I emailed him asking why it wouldn't work on a Nexus 7. It'll install, but there some bugs in betting for me. It always shows my salty bucks balance as zero, so nonzero bet amounts are always rejected as invalid. The guy's already done plenty for me, so I'm not going to pester him about a free app.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Doge just enabled egod mode. He went up against a GooGoo and his GooGoo Detector went off, he got pissed and destroyed him. Barom1 is dead. He may not be god tier but he won't fail against a GooGoo

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Holy poo poo that Abobo vs Brokken fight was the realest thing ever.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

I cannot redeem myself

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This just in, Alex and Mike Haggar battled each other on a space station to decide who gets elected Mayor of Earth. Haggar won, remains undisputed mayor of Earth.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Three new videos up today. I've been sitting on some of the footage for a while so I thought it was about time to get it out and clear some hard drive space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAizap8hi_E Footage of Doge engaging egod mode and destroying a GooGoo with beyond godlike powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvgubRYUdh4 Upset with Suika getting wrecked by biscuit dick duck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37x9BLPmls Mecha Dragon is not to be trifled with.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I saw a super real and awesome Yamcha vs. Pocket Akuma match yesterday but I accidentally posted about it in D&D :(

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I forget all about Saltybet tourney night now that they're all just dumb subscriber reqeusts. :geno:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I am so bad at this. Any time I get any decent amount of money I just wanna go all in on some dumb poo poo and hope for the best.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

lil baby anime posted:

I am so bad at this. Any time I get any decent amount of money I just wanna go all in on some dumb poo poo and hope for the best.

Stick with it, you're bound to hit some kind of big and then try and pretend some of it is your bankroll. I hit 10k very early, didn't realize how hard it was and lost it all. Now I'm hovering around 6k trying not to be too timid. I nearly lost my poo poo two days ago because I saw a big dumb star wars Grievous upset I thought was a sure thing go through but my phone logged me out right before it, could've made 25k or something. Argh.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I had like 40 grand and lost it all believing in pro wrestlers vs anime girlchilds in the Wrestlemania tourney. Been in the mines ever since. No regrets.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

lil baby anime posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's how you play Salty Bet.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Just made 85K on Juugo vs Rockman. Pretty much the biggest single payout I've ever gotten. Rockman sure knows how to aim away from his enemy.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Being in the mines is more fun than "winning."

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What is the deal with Salty Classics matches that happen every so often (like last night)?

They use the same background (ie, boxing match ref-looking guy with a crowd fenced off) and have one-life matches as opposed to the normal best-in-three matches.

Is it because these matches have live players instead of characters being CPU-controlled?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

TheRamblingSoul posted:

What is the deal with Salty Classics matches that happen every so often (like last night)?

They use the same background (ie, boxing match ref-looking guy with a crowd fenced off) and have one-life matches as opposed to the normal best-in-three matches.

Is it because these matches have live players instead of characters being CPU-controlled?

There used to be owner-curated tournaments on thursday nights, but now there's a system where the paying users (aka illuminati) can request matches and they get queued to be played on Thursday nights. It's still AI vs. AI.

There's only one round in order to get through them faster and not dwell on the lovely matches.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There used to be owner-curated tournaments on thursday nights, but now there's a system where the paying users (aka illuminati) can request matches and they get queued to be played on Thursday nights. It's still AI vs. AI.

There's only one round in order to get through them faster and not dwell on the lovely matches.

It's hard trying not to dwell on lovely matches when 90/100 of them are poo poo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The exhibitions could be good if salty: banned utterly broken characters like DD, Rare Akuma, 2nd Death Star, Boshy, etc. or if he put a one fight limit on every character.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The worst part of the exhibitions is the blatantly rigged fights. All the new awful no-hitbox god characters seem to have a random silver bullet character their AI script autoloses to.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tonfa posted:

The worst part of the exhibitions is the blatantly rigged fights. All the new awful no-hitbox god characters seem to have a random silver bullet character their AI script autoloses to.

Tell me about it, I like all of Pre to's characters (his the advent Touhous, Gloria, Miko and others) since are pretty well made, great AI and frankly are more interestng to see than mugen gods but the exhibitions are wearing them out (specially Flan and Gloria) with those stomps or rigged matches.

The tourneys were way better.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't see why he doesn't have one exhib night and one tourney night. What, is he afraid he's going to get too many people subscribing to his ingenius scheme?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Salty's an idiot, that's why.

Worse thing is than he's wasting all the potential of Saltybet, I was watching the stream everyday for the few past months but everything is so half assed than I'm quickly losing interest.

:smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 10, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What's changed other than the tourney's though? I started watching right before matchmaking went live and when that happened I though SB went from half-assed novelty to something I could see becoming extremely big. That potato fight shirt is retarded though. And the frequency of nightbot in chat as if there was a lack of catchphrases in the first place.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Salty hasn't retiered making the tier system kind of useless, he also neglected to use the patches and fixes for a lot of characters than people sent him, the whole site would benefit a lot with an design overhaul and he needs a little more variety on music.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Salty definitely needs to do something if he wants to keep people around. I was talking with imascrub/Scott_Steiner2 the other day, the Number 1 on the leaderboards and he's thinking of quitting because of the way SaltyBet is right now. It's been heading downhill quite rapidly over the last 2 weeks which is a shame because with the new features being added and the most recent update, things were only looking up a month ago. I hope the next update is worth the wait.

Edit: The SaltyBet T-Shirt that came out recently doesn't have high hopes for being released so I decided to use some of the terrible marketing techniques I learned at college and I've made a survey to help compile some information on what SaltyBettors would actually want from a SaltyBet themed clothing/apparel/merchandise. If you wanna help fill it out the link is here. Once I've got enough information to make out some clear patterns I'll compile the info and send it to Salty and maybe something will happen.

Dice_ fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 11, 2014

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
The part that boggles my mind is the lack of tier updates since November. Salty demonstrated during the new character tiering that he has a script that'll do it without impacting the stream, yet still nothing. And as a result, we've got S-tiers with 30% win rates, and B-tiers who are in the 80s.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I'm not really seeing how SB has been going downhill, but will agree it could use a few updates. My biggest complaints would be Salty ignoring AI patches he's been sent, and the general music selection could really use an overhaul. I don't think re-tiering needs to be done THAT often, say once a month (or maybe two months), but it is getting overdue now.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The thing Salty Bet needs more than anything is to cull about 70% of the identical anime baby girls that spam beams and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mason Dixon posted:

the general music selection could really use an overhaul.

There's a couple problems here, and I'm going to approach this from the point of view that I do a lot of hanging out in NMD and ML. Well, one problem. I mean, yeah, you're right. But the sort of people who hang out at salty tend to be the sorts of nerds who will only listen to video game soundtracks and anime soundtracks. If you look at twitch chat going back some time, probably the one song that got the most consistent approval from the crowd (not counting Sandstorm) was the theme from Snake Eater. So for every crate-digging music obsessive nerd like myself (and some of the other dudes on synirc salty that I sent salty a wad of songs with) there's going to be ten guys submitting eight volumes of the same boring-rear end Hans Zimmer-knockoff Epic Vidya Soundtrax. So that's what's going to get played.

I mean, I don't mind some video game music, sure. We are watching a video game. But, like, a bit more of a nod at pop music beyond "Thriller" might be nice. And rock music that isn't boring as gently caress progmetal...

Well, you get my point.

• Locked thread