Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

they finally released Borderlands 3 on Switch and it gets a lil choppy at times but it's good

e: :69snypa:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak

Mummy Napkin posted:

been playing PSO:BB on the Ephinea private server and i'm hooked like it's 2001.

makes me want to give PSO2 a shot, but i bounced off it pretty hard. it's a little too busy with all it's systems and f2p horseradish and new genesis looks lame.

oh poo poo PSO owned so hard. i never played blue burst tho

new genesis did not grab me

rear end-penny posted:

they finally released Borderlands 3 on Switch and it gets a lil choppy at times but it's good

3 has crossplay doesnt it? i hate the story ([ ] Talk to Lilith) but the actual gameplay was real good. zane op as hell but who cares

more falafel please

forums poster

rear end-penny posted:

i had an extremely small hand in porting borderlands 1 to vita and woof, that was a rough one

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

rear end-penny posted:

I ordered a OLED switch and it's arriving tomorrow! Sooooo excite :peanut:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

I've been playing Gran Turismo 7. It's Gran Turismo. It's awesome. It is the 25th anniversary edition, which is on sale right now. I have been playing this game for 25 years. I have Moon Over The Castle stuck in my head now from the intro movie.
For an AI geek, the VR showroom where you can walk around and look at and sit in all the cars of your dreams in VR is worth it alone. Driving in VR, inside the actual car you're driving, is a whole other level. I kind of wish there was a way to have a steering wheel that the PSVR2 can "see" your hands on, so that it maps the hand position in game, or be able to use the VR controllers like a steering wheel somehow so your hand position is what you see on the wheel in game. Anyway, :iia:

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

3 has crossplay doesnt it? i hate the story ([ ] Talk to Lilith) but the actual gameplay was real good. zane op as hell but who cares

lol I wouldn't know about cross platform play. I play videogames to be by myself because I don't like people and so I'm probably one of very few borderlands fans who never play online. some of the story beats are lame, but the same could be said of any in that series.

more falafel please posted:

i had an extremely small hand in porting borderlands 1 to vita and woof, that was a rough one

vita? also I have no practical understanding of what porting a game to a new system entails. what was rough about borderlands?

AG dang you getting all the consoles now lol, have fun mate.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I keep trying to get into disco elysium but I don't seem to have the attention span for anything that isn't colors and gogogogogo

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Mummy Napkin

Scuba Trooper posted:

oh poo poo PSO owned so hard. i never played blue burst tho

new genesis did not grab me

it does own. i've only been going through episode 1 and 2 content kicking it old school. i'll get into the blue burst/episode 4 stuff eventually. hope it also kicks rear end.

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

I keep trying to get into disco elysium but I don't seem to have the attention span for anything that isn't colors and gogogogogo

do it for Kim

more falafel please

forums poster

rear end-penny posted:

lol I wouldn't know about cross platform play. I play videogames to be by myself because I don't like people and so I'm probably one of very few borderlands fans who never play online. some of the story beats are lame, but the same could be said of any in that series.

vita? also I have no practical understanding of what porting a game to a new system entails. what was rough about borderlands?

AG dang you getting all the consoles now lol, have fun mate.

playstation vita, aka psp2

porting to a less powerful platform is always difficult because games are like a gas, they expand to fill the space they're in. the only thing i really did was some analysis on why it was extremely slow for the server player in 4-player coop and the answer unfortunately was just "we're doing too many things" so we had to cut it to 2-player

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hey fwiw the ports of bl1 (and 2 iirc?) to the vita were super fun and I played them a lot

Quadramind

Finished White Palace in Hollow Knight. That was pretty brutal until I remembered nail pogo.

Areola Grande

i'm playing Blasphemous 2 on switch. i didn't think a game could own more than Blasphemous 1 but this game does. the victorian era catholic imagery and themes of suffering are even more pronounced. the enemies are straight lovecraftian monstrosities. i highly recommend this game

Emo Szyslak

Mummy Napkin posted:

it does own. i've only been going through episode 1 and 2 content kicking it old school. i'll get into the blue burst/episode 4 stuff eventually. hope it also kicks rear end.

nothing has really scratched the PSO itch quite the same way as the old stuff. warframe, maybe? i do have too many hours in warframe

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i like my RPGs with hub worlds that have chill space elevator music and non native fonts

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Lurker Ant
Has anyone played the new Forza? FM3 is one of my all time favs and I’ve been excited for the new one but the Xbox store reviews are making me reconsider. There’s a new car leveling system that locks off upgrades behind XP and a lot of people hate it

Mummy Napkin

Scuba Trooper posted:

nothing has really scratched the PSO itch quite the same way as the old stuff. warframe, maybe? i do have too many hours in warframe

I’ve always been interested in Warframe.
is it worth hopping in now?

Emo Szyslak

i actually havent played in a while, and i have no idea what the new player experience is like anymore, but it's fun. definitely more mobile than old-school PSO

i reinstalled it recently. should fire it up............

vanisher

Lurker Ant posted:

Has anyone played the new Forza? FM3 is one of my all time favs and I’ve been excited for the new one but the Xbox store reviews are making me reconsider. There’s a new car leveling system that locks off upgrades behind XP and a lot of people hate it

I also played that one a lot and the reviews were off on steam. I feel like most of the bad reviews were from wheel users. I haven’t picked it up yet

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Ass-penny

someone in the Halloween videogames thread mentioned Spiritfarer and I redownloaded that since I kinda stopped halfway through that. I did almost nothing else besides play that yesterday lol. it's a lot of fun and it's appropriately but not overwhelmingly melancholy imo

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Philippe

(she/her)
Spiritfarer is a great game about hugging animals and collecting lightning rocks.

I'm playing the similarly melancholy Mutazione, a game about planting gardens.

Areola Grande

just received my mail order copy of tears of the kingdom. i've got tomorrow off and it's gonna be a zelder day :peanut:

Lurker Ant

vanisher posted:

I also played that one a lot and the reviews were off on steam. I feel like most of the bad reviews were from wheel users. I haven’t picked it up yet

I’be heard the handling is much better than 7, which is encouraging but I’m just worried the progression system might be naff

Areola Grande

i finally get to check out tears of the kingdom 2nite :peanut:

Philippe

(she/her)
Hell yeah buddy

I hope you like it

Ass-penny

Philippe posted:

Hell yeah buddy

I hope you like it

if my purchase of Wind Waker a few years ago taught me anything it's that I'm too much of a space cadet for those games but cheers mate :cheers:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

if my purchase of Wind Waker a few years ago taught me anything it's that I'm too much of a space cadet for those games but cheers mate :cheers:

wind waker was v special 2 me. maybe I should play the remake

:thunkin:

Areola Grande

Philippe posted:

Hell yeah buddy

I hope you like it

ty it's dope so far 🤙

looks gorgeous on my new OLED switch :swoon:

Philippe

(she/her)
I ordered a swidge so I could play zelder, after being a PC lady for over ten years. I am excite to play a smaller console.

Areola Grande

Philippe posted:

I ordered a swidge so I could play zelder, after being a PC lady for over ten years. I am excite to play a smaller console.

I recommend picking up a swidge pro controller. those joycons aren't v comf during long play sessions

Philippe

(she/her)
I'm probably gonna play handheld because I don't have a tv, but who knows

Areola Grande

Philippe posted:

I'm probably gonna play handheld because I don't have a tv, but who knows

u do u !!! :dbuddy:

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

wind waker was v special 2 me. maybe I should play the remake

:thunkin:

Why haven't they released it on Switch :argh:

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Farecoal posted:

Why haven't they released it on Switch :argh:

Can't take away more of the important Wii U exclusives. The list is very small these days.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Ass-penny

oh WW wasn't the one I played, it must've been BotW lol, you can tell I'm not a Zelda person. Zelder? I hardly know er!

Emo Szyslak

im probably starting new vegas again, should i mod it or just go vanilla

im probably gonna do vanilla since im lazy

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust

Scuba Trooper posted:

im probably starting new vegas again, should i mod it or just go vanilla

im probably gonna do vanilla since im lazy

i would invest in some graphical mods, at least

but yeah, no need to mess with perfection

Philippe

(she/her)
Or just the jsawyer mod, made by one of the lead designers.

Zoeb

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
I am chomping at the bit for the new city skylines 2!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

lol I guess I didn't really get what I was supposed to be doing the first time around huh