Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Sickening posted:

If you are telling me I can't be passive aggressive on something awful dot com you got another thing coming. :colbert:

It's think. Another think coming. I know, but it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

squirrelzipper posted:

It's think. Another think coming. I know, but it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuoFv4dcwM

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
People are probably worried that it projects the idea that we are running out of money. It didn't make very much sense that I got 160m for each of my hounds that I lost that only cost at max 40m to buy. Now I only get 75m on hounds that only cost 40m to buy. I made a lot of money on those keepstar fights, so I'm happy.

The stilettos are a bit worse, they cost like 40m on average and I only make 32m on them instead of 50m, but I probably shouldn't be using a 40m ship as a throwaway light tackle anyway. If I use them in the hellcamp I apparently get another 12m from ASCEE though so I'll probably still use them there lol.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Yes, great song. Still wrong.

e; and actually out of interest if you care, this song gets used as an example, because if you know the lyrics another think makes way more sense. and is true to the origin of the phrase:

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waiting to be had
If you think I'll let you go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'

If you think, if you think, ... you've got another think (no! let's make it thing!)

Anyway, I don't care, use it how you like. You probably also say irregardless. it's all good.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 13, 2020

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

Thank you squirrelzipper for trying to bait me into an argument about a phrase that has been used the way I posted it for centuries. Its in no way weird and embarrassing.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Sickening posted:

Thank you squirrelzipper for trying to bait me into an argument about a phrase that has been used the way I posted it for centuries. Its in no way weird and embarrassing.

You're welcome.Can I point out the last sentence is again a passive aggressive dig? It's ok, we're here for you.

e; and btw I'm just being a dick. I really don't know which is 'right' given that language changes and usage matters

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 13, 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

squirrelzipper posted:

e; and actually out of interest if you care, this song gets used as an example, because if you know the lyrics another think makes way more sense. and is true to the origin of the phrase:

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waiting to be had
If you think I'll let you go you're mad

If you think, if you think, ... you've got another think (no! let's make it thing!)

Anyway, I don't care, use it how you like. You probably also say irregardless. it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6l8MFdTaPE

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Yes. True. Here's what Webster dictionary has to say on the matter https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/usage-another-think-coming-or-another-thing-coming.

TLDR; think is the original but both are acceptable and generally break down to regional and educational lines.

quote:

In summary: Another think coming is the older of the two, dating in use to the mid-19th century, and originated in British English. Another thing coming appears to have come about in American English several decades later, probably as a result of confusion regarding the original phrase. Another thing is the more recent turn of phrase and now is more common, though it is frequently criticized.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

I wonder what steve irwin would have said had he come across an evegoon

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Amber Alert posted:

I wonder what steve irwin would have said had he come across an evegoon

Crikey, I reckon

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Crikey, I reckon

:five:

This is a loving top tier post

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I'm hoping for some kind of response from PAPI from this. "Money's running out goons only get 125% of their ships value! Cracks forming etc.". Without a hint of irony when it comes to their own SRP.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Was karma srp also cut or just waffe?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Snail Information posted:

Was karma srp also cut or just waffe?

Karma has their own Corp funded SRP system whereas ours comes out of the alliance wallet directly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/commen...utm_name=iossmf

Burn Jita 2020 lookin lit

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

The Era of Slight Inconvenience

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

These newly Trig systems are going to be amazing for getting around if you have Trig standings. You can pop a filament any time to get into Trig space, move around the loop, and then pop another to get back to kspace anywhere geographically close to the liminal system you've moved to. Half of the liminal systems are in Caldari space, so it's going to be easy to get back to Jita. They've also got their own wormholes so it's like a Thera you can quickly jump to from anywhere. There is a question of what options there are to get those filaments though, hopefully from data exploration sites but if they are only from the Trig LP store they'll be pretty expensive.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Are the trig systems nullsec or do you still have some level of trigcord to protect neutral hauler alts?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Karma has their own Corp funded SRP system whereas ours comes out of the alliance wallet directly

So the little chart that atrum posts is misleading, since it doesn't show the true SNOO numbers?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Are the trig systems nullsec or do you still have some level of trigcord to protect neutral hauler alts?

No idea if it will change in their space, but I think all you get is reps from them if your standings are high enough.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well that cuts my desire to log in to.25%.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

So the little chart that atrum posts is misleading, since it doesn't show the true SNOO numbers?

Yeah but SNOO money comes from their corp funds. We are suckling on the alliance teet directly. Only thing that makes me mad about this is that I found out you can get poo poo stack for solo roaming only a few weeks ago.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Atrum's figures are specific to JEFFREY's chosen children. SNOO's extra SRP comes from your corp wallet rather than the Alliance's as was already mentioned.

I basically made this post to say jeffrey rather than the wife beater.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

Atrum's figures are specific to JEFFREY's chosen children. SNOO's extra SRP comes from your corp wallet rather than the Alliance's as was already mentioned.

this

add kfcare. to the beginning of the srp site url and they have their own system

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

rocket_Magnet posted:

Rename the alliance to "Jeffrey's Chosen".

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Scikar posted:

These newly Trig systems are going to be amazing for getting around if you have Trig standings. You can pop a filament any time to get into Trig space, move around the loop, and then pop another to get back to kspace anywhere geographically close to the liminal system you've moved to. Half of the liminal systems are in Caldari space, so it's going to be easy to get back to Jita. They've also got their own wormholes so it's like a Thera you can quickly jump to from anywhere. There is a question of what options there are to get those filaments though, hopefully from data exploration sites but if they are only from the Trig LP store they'll be pretty expensive.

Do you mean wormhole-connections or actual, new systems in wormhole-space?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Atrum give ISRAD double srp, triple if the ship that died had an ECM module fit

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Stereotype posted:

there's an astrahus in 1DH right below the goon fort fitted to kill subcaps and we have tried to kill it like 3 times now and can't do it.

You need more than like 10 people, and that's all we ever can seem to muster drawing only from the hellcamp

Astra? A loving ASTRAHUS?

10 bombers can easily deal with a manned Astra. That thing doesn't even have PDS.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Im gonna bring my drake on this ferox fleet and no one can stop me

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
so if youre in waffe you're basically getting screwed

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

so if youre in waffe you're basically getting screwed

If by screwed you mean you are no longer getting 250% of Jita sell price for your ship getting blown up then yes, Waffe is getting screwed.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I mean compared to karma

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

I mean compared to karma

Waffe doubles the SRP. Karma tops up base SRP that doesn't quite cover replacement by putting it into more than needed. It does not however double whatever you are flying without regard. Some ships that get more SRP base than needed get 0 from Karma. It's constantly in flux, and you do still make isk but part of the reason we can even do it is that it is monitored and controlled.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean compared to karma

To be fair, Goonwaffe has claimed like 40% more reimbursement than Karmafleet while losing 2/3 of the ships. Something had to change.

I was literally able to lose certain ships and be like 100M in the clear over what I paid for them. If you're buying stuff at inflated contract prices and losing your rear end that's on you. Some people have claimed they were nearly half a billion in the clear on a stratop loss.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 13, 2020

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

orange juche posted:

To be fair, Goonwaffe has claimed like 40% more reimbursement than Karmafleet while losing 2/3 of the ships. Something had to change.

I was literally able to lose certain ships and be like 100M in the clear over what I paid for them. If you're buying stuff at inflated contract prices and losing your rear end that's on you. Some people have claimed they were nearly half a billion in the clear on a stratop loss.

Sheet I made based on regular contract prices with the old SRP values to see which ships are most profitable to die in.

If I don't get paid 368m to loose a Huginn to make our finances stable even if the war goes on forever, I can deal with it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

orange juche posted:

What do you mean me getting 1.75b for losing my 800m isk Legion Is unsustainable long term?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

GaussianCopula posted:

Sheet I made based on regular contract prices with the old SRP values to see which ships are most profitable to die in.

If I don't get paid 368m to loose a Huginn to make our finances stable even if the war goes on forever, I can deal with it.

Ferox is slightly rougher since they were 120m multibuy/124m contact in 1DQ1 tonight and I lost four of those fuckers in tonight's meatgrinder. With insurance + 25% they work out to 130m back per loss, netting ~6-10m profit.

I'm also tossing boosters on my feroxes, so that reduces the amount a bit too.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

orange juche posted:

That's what I was asking about, has waffe claimed more, or is it just that Atrum isn't including the karmafleet corp srp.
It doesn't really matter if its karma corp wallet or gsf wallet, just semantics at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

That's what I was asking about, has waffe claimed more, or is it just that Atrum isn't including the karmafleet corp srp.
It doesn't really matter if its karma corp wallet or gsf wallet, just semantics at that point.

That atrium graph will be alliance SRP only.