Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEKHvJJ5Mg

I thought this game was just a straight up Musou but there's like sidescrolling platforming and other weird stuff in the trailer . Forgot about it after the announcement but it looks cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol at the cut from Futaba in a swimsuit to a squad cop cars

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEKHvJJ5Mg

I thought this game was just a straight up Musou but there's like sidescrolling platforming and other weird stuff in the trailer . Forgot about it after the announcement but it looks cool
huh that does look pretty cool. Still want the actual P5 on Switch but this is actually on my radar now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ftw you cant even afford platinums d-team

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

ftw you cant even afford platinums d-team

The difference in quality between the best Omega Force games (Hyrule Warriors) and stuff like Berserk Musou is so insanely vast that there's no way to know if this will be good lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

The difference in quality between the best Omega Force games (Hyrule Warriors) and stuff like Berserk Musou is so insanely vast that there's no way to know if this will be good lol

Ya, it's been like that since the PS2 era. The running joke used to be "skip the even numbered Dynasty Warrior games" because they sucked

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Where would dragon quest heroes rank

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I didn't find the monster summoning/base defense stuff that fun but I know some other people did. As far as pure Dragon Quest flavor though it's incredibly spot on, with sound effects and music and references everywhere. I also was in love with the models and animations for the monsters just because I'd never seen them at that quality before but now that DQXI is out that factor is sorta obsolete

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

High. As usual don't listen to gofer chan

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

High. As usual don't listen to gofer chan

It felt really slow but i'm not a musouhead. Hyrule Warriors is my favorite but not even because of the Zelda stuff, just the pace. What are the best DW games? I heard the One Piece one is cool but i've never read/seen it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

lol at the cut from Futaba in a swimsuit to a squad cop cars

they're here to arrest the guy who put her at the top of their p5 wife tier list

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

spb posted:

they're here to arrest the guy who put her at the top of their p5 wife tier list

thats the joke, epic fat guy

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

infinite anime posted:

thats the joke, epic fat guy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

It felt really slow but i'm not a musouhead. Hyrule Warriors is my favorite but not even because of the Zelda stuff, just the pace. What are the best DW games? I heard the One Piece one is cool but i've never read/seen it

*cracks knuckles*

I'm way less familiar with their crossover games so I can't really speak to any of them outside of DQ and Zelda, both of which are good.

The best Dynasty Warriors game is 7 because it told the 3 kingdoms story in a comprehensive way for the first time ever. Instead of just picking a clan and a dude, the campaign felt like reading a very abridged version of the books.

However their overall best game is Samurai Warriors 4. Best movement in the series, widest variety of weapon and skill sets, and you can create your own samurai to conquer Japan. I made Harusawa Yui from K-On!, complete with custom icons and finisher moves.

And if I'm being a hipster, my personal favorite would be the first Warriors Orochi since this was the last game they made that was actually challenging to play. You would get swarmed by enemy generals on normal mode, who could easily combo your rear end raw. This was also the first game to introduce the weapon combination system, so they correctly made the game more difficult overall. This one is hard to find and I would no longer recommend the PS2 version for obvious reasons, but it is on PC.

DW6 is the worst in the series. They removed most of the iconic weapons, replacing them with boring similar feeling swords. DW6 is what people assume all musou games are from the outside looking in. The bottom line is if you enjoy Diablo style games at all, you will love musou games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goferchan posted:

I've only played a few but one thing I can say for sure is steer clear of the Fire Emblem one. Its character variety is absolutely abysmal.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nintendo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ty synthy . I'll check out either DW7 or SW4 tomorrow

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the fire emblem one is fine, there aren't a ton of movesets but they're fun ones and it does a good job incorporating fire emblem mechanics

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

Ty synthy . I'll check out either DW7 or SW4 tomorrow

:hai:

Just FYI, 7 is last gen but it's also on PC iirc. SW4 is current

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What was the most recent one? 9? That had an open world? What a dumb idea

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
9 being a giant mess was a bummer cuz i was really in the mood for those classic characters and stories at the time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

What was the most recent one? 9? That had an open world? What a dumb idea

Yeah. I'd still like to try it sometime but it seems like they never have significant price drops anymore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah. I'd still like to try it sometime but it seems like they never have significant price drops anymore

Yeah SW4 is 50 freaking dollars

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

KT has the same pricing scheme as nintendo for most of their stuff

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/1188658282895941632

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant agree with this stance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goferchan posted:

Pirate Warriors 3 whips a lot and it's p cool how closely how the gameplay is also inspired by the original story

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1189334870801207297

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

that’s clever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't figure out if I like New Super Luigi U

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

anyone getting luigis mansion 3 friday

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ehh probably.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

i dont

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

if they'd maintained the difficulty curve it would have been fine but it peters off pretty quickly. I like the pacing of the levels, they just needed to be tougher

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It feels like the mario maker 2 levels, where they had an idea for like 2 jumps and that's it. Nothing feels very memorable since it's over in 20 seconds

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i also think the luigi physics are bad in it, like they just feel weird and not in the normal way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I get bored of NSMB levels almost immediately so levels that only last 20 seconds is a marked improvement for me. God I hope they do something cool for the next 2D Mario.