Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Powershift posted:

I'm trying to figure out from the camera angles whether you're 9 feet tall or 4 feet tall. You should park the land cruiser on the hood of the miata and take a picture.

The old workhorse found another friend, same year this time.

KakerMix posted:

It's 10 feet long, 4.5 feet wide, turbocharged, manual AND AWD.
I love that both countries, independently, decided that 4 hp for every 800 pounds was the correct exchange rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

KakerMix posted:

So you’ll be taking it rallying, right?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Cool about the mileage, sucks about the battery. Mine lives on a tender and has since the first owner I think. The car is garaged where it is pretty temperate so the fact that the original battery has gone as long as it has is very encouraging. Did you get the dealer to do the coding of the DME for the new battery too?
Not the dealer, but my shop, yes.

This is actually my second new battery in just over two years. The (probably original) battery was really really dead when I bought it, but a new one should have lasted longer I would think. I guess rarely driving it and when I do, often for short distances isn't good for the battery? The car just spits out so many random codes when the battery gets low while being parked outside for a while during the winter (typically airport parking garage), wanted to get it swapped out before then.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 30, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I HATE PINK BIKES posted:

I don't even know where to start with how ruined it is 1991 Eunos Roadster.

It's beautifully ruined. The overfenders with stock bumper is boss.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KakerMix posted:

My brain says Kei Van, but my heart says race car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just slap some GSX-R stickers on it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

And slam the poo poo out of it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

KakerMix posted:

lmao its an office cabinet with wheels

which means i love it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Usually I remember to sign into the forums and update ya'll every time I get a new car but it totally slipped my mind when I picked up the Land Cruiser last year. Anyway I got a Roadster the other day and took some photos of them both.

Goddrat

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
For the last 2 years, I've been turning this little Civic into a race car. Put coilover sleeves on it with good Koni shocks, and stripped out the back. It was still street legal, but I knew I'd soon be turning it into a car that wasn't safe for the road (if it ever really was, these things are sardine cans). So I was browsing craigslist for a tow vehicle.

But then, this boy popped up. A 1997 Dodge Neon ACR Sedan. A street legal, caged race car that had racing history in Neon races run by the SCCA. A well cared for engine that had less than 25,000 miles on it instead of the Civic's 345,000 miles. Here's a couple pics right after I washed it:

Here's a pic from the SCCA logbook, showing the car in it's glory days:

I'll autocross it this weekend, but I already know it's gonna put the Civic to shame. It's a riot to drive. I never thought I'd own a Mopar, but drat if I don't love this car.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
that's a super cool find

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

meatpimp posted:

It's beautifully ruined. The overfenders with stock bumper is boss.

The Roadster is so much more popular than I'd expected it would be!

Finally a comment on the 80 and not the Roadster! It's so beautiful and it's been my dream car for 20 years, this thing will go absolutely anywhere.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Finally a comment on the 80 and not the Roadster! It's so beautiful and it's been my dream car for 20 years, this thing will go absolutely anywhere.

80 series Cruisers were basically my favorite (outside of the boss rear end overseas diesels) and I’m a total Toyota slut anyway. I love yours.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

80 series Cruisers were basically my favorite (outside of the boss rear end overseas diesels) and I’m a total Toyota slut anyway. I love yours.

Thanks! Yeah I made sure to get the 4.2 turbodiesel and it's so sweet.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

GOD IS BED posted:

For the last 2 years, I've been turning this little Civic into a race car. Put coilover sleeves on it with good Koni shocks, and stripped out the back. It was still street legal, but I knew I'd soon be turning it into a car that wasn't safe for the road (if it ever really was, these things are sardine cans). So I was browsing craigslist for a tow vehicle.

But then, this boy popped up. A 1997 Dodge Neon ACR Sedan. A street legal, caged race car that had racing history in Neon races run by the SCCA. A well cared for engine that had less than 25,000 miles on it instead of the Civic's 345,000 miles. Here's a couple pics right after I washed it:

I'll autocross it this weekend, but I already know it's gonna put the Civic to shame. It's a riot to drive. I never thought I'd own a Mopar, but drat if I don't love this car.
Neons are one of the few Chryco products I don't immediately dismiss. They're so much fun to drive.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
First generation Neons are hilariously fun and good little cars to drive, and the ACRs are really something special. Awesome find.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:hmmyes:

The 80 we have looks to be quite similar to yours, it isn't full-time 4WD, correct? What year? Ours is JDM and it's neat to pick apart the differences. Ours is a VX also, though we have the wheel carrier on the rear end. The 5 speed is hilarious in these things.

In other turbo diesel SUV kinda related to Toyota news:

Our 1984 Daihatsu Rugger soft-top, F70-000258. Ruggers came out in 1984 and I don't know how many soft-tops were sold in Japan as this is the only F70 convertible I've ever see. 5 speed, 2.8 turbo (they were also sold as non-turbo diesels) short little boxy truck thing. Size-wise it is a little longer, little thinner, little taller Suzuki Tracker/Escudo. Has functioning air conditioning too which is choice as all hell. Windshield can fold down, along with the B pillar arch thing able to be removed. Same thing with the door frames, those can come off too.

It isn't clean, the seats are trashed, the suspension is blown right the gently caress out and it needs some floor board work done to take care of some pinholes.

This is our third Rugger and I love these freakin things so much.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

KakerMix posted:

It's 3 metres long, half a lane wide, 500 kilos of Nihon pride, Carryneroooooooooooo

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

The 80 we have looks to be quite similar to yours, it isn't full-time 4WD, correct? What year? Ours is JDM and it's neat to pick apart the differences. Ours is a VX also, though we have the wheel carrier on the rear end. The 5 speed is hilarious in these things.

Oh cool, yours will be an HDJ81 then! With them both in VX trim yours looks almost exactly the same as the UKDM HDJ80 from the outside but mine's full-time 4WD with the auto, triple diff locks, and a leather interior. I'd gladly swap out the leather though, and I'd kill for the OEM monsoon window shields yours has, you can only get the tiny aftermarket ones over here.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GOD IS BED posted:

very cool car hope you've been following this guy's thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831211

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
not mine, but my parents just bought a new car and i like it a lot. it goes with their 2008 5 series and their 2004 m3 convertible

2012 BMW Alpina B7

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I bought a kid hauler. It was in awesome shape, 1 owner grandpa to haul grand kids, so the interior wasn't totally hosed for once. Lower miles, and meticulously maintained with records. Barely has a scratch or dent on it. It's honestly too nice for what it's going to see from my fam and my ownership for the next few years. :v: Doubt I'll have time to do more than a drive through car wash (which I don't think it's ever had, it doesn't even have swirl marks) and infrequent interior vacuuming.

Already replaced the front brakes for pulsation (rotors have been machined at least once according to records and they're cheap). Might have a control arm bushing or sway bar link in the front that needs replaced, I get some odd popping occasionally when hitting a bump while turning left I believe. Current plan is to throw an new stereo in for Android Auto and eventually find some winter wheels and tires for it. Maybe a cargo mat for mountain bike hauling duties. Oh, and remove the residue for the jesus fish that used to be on the rear and take off the amsoil (:lol:) sticker he put on there.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Suburban Dad posted:

I bought a kid hauler. It was in awesome shape, 1 owner grandpa to haul grand kids, so the interior wasn't totally hosed for once. Lower miles, and meticulously maintained with records. Barely has a scratch or dent on it. It's honestly too nice for what it's going to see from my fam and my ownership for the next few years. :v: Doubt I'll have time to do more than a drive through car wash (which I don't think it's ever had, it doesn't even have swirl marks) and infrequent interior vacuuming.

Already replaced the front brakes for pulsation (rotors have been machined at least once according to records and they're cheap). Might have a control arm bushing or sway bar link in the front that needs replaced, I get some odd popping occasionally when hitting a bump while turning left I believe. Current plan is to throw an new stereo in for Android Auto and eventually find some winter wheels and tires for it. Maybe a cargo mat for mountain bike hauling duties. Oh, and remove the residue for the jesus fish that used to be on the rear and take off the amsoil (:lol:) sticker he put on there.

Don't lie, you regged that name in 2007 so you could make this post.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

not mine, but my parents just bought a new car and i like it a lot. it goes with their 2008 5 series and their 2004 m3 convertible

2012 BMW Alpina B7

This is pimp af. Would drive. I’d air it out tho for maximum silly

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I went and did the irresponsible thing and traded a paid off RAM 1500 in for a shiny "new" (2016 with 12k miles on it) Corvette! Previous owner kept it immaculate.

Looks like it just drove out of the dealer showroom. First time corvette owner so the vette wave is a new thing to me but feels good man.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Those wheels are so, so bad

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

BraveUlysses posted:

very cool car hope you've been following this guy's thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831211

I AM NOW!! Thanks, I had no idea this thread existed!

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Those wheels are so, so bad

I'd like to change them out for the black wheels. But that'll have to wait for now.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

rotaryfun posted:

I'd like to change them out for the black wheels. But that'll have to wait for now.

I like the wheels themselves, I just don't like the chrome. I'd just get them powdercoated, personally.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

rotaryfun posted:

Spray cans are like :10bux:

Nice ride tho.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Yeah just pasti dip them or gently caress the haters and embrace the bling :whatup:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

There's not a damned thing wrong with chrome. Fight me. :colbert:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

meatpimp posted:

Boomer spotted.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Chrome is ok.

On cars made before 1970.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

angryrobots posted:

Chrome is ok.

On cars made before 1970.

This.
edit: though I'd go to, say, '76 or '77, I think.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Black wheels is almost as bad as chrome though. I have yet to see good looking black wheels. Just going a touch lighter does wonders.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

MrOnBicycle posted:

I have yet to see good looking black wheels.
lol what??

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Cage posted:

lol what??

Ok correction. Black wheels that look better than any other type (except chrome). It just becomes a void in the wheel house that breaks up the design in many cars in such an odd way. Even worse in pictures. A dark gun metal or grey or something will beat any black rim IMO.
I think black rims are one of the worst modifying trends.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

willroc7 posted:

Don't lie, you regged that name in 2007 so you could make this post.

The name has changed (just as I have) over time. :)

But yeah, when you're constantly making the daddest posts well, it fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

meatpimp posted:

Chrome wheels on sports cars is 90s as gently caress.

The only things these days that should be rolling on chromes are big exec mobiles, VIP style, era minitrucks, low riders and donks.