Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I think Little Britain was going for the repitition comedy much like "The Fast Show".

Which was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Incase people wanted more reason to hate me I also liked Bo Selecta

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taff posted:

Incase people wanted more reason to hate me I also liked Bo Selecta

...What the hell is wrong with you?

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp

Rarity posted:

He's not Craig David? :confused:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

We all have our poo poo we like to watch that we know is trash but still entertains.

Rarity posted:

The Only Way Is Essex is a great show and I will throw a drink over anyone who says otherwise :colbert:

Rarity posted:

The Only Way is Essex is perfect television and I won't hear a word said against it :colbert:

Dont we?????

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Bo selecta was very funny, though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, guys, comedy is subjective. Admittedly this means that Jim Davidson still sells tickets, but it's a thing we have to accept.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taff posted:

We all have our poo poo we like to watch that we know is trash but still entertains.

Dont we?????

Hoist by my own petard :smith:

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Does anybody know when the next (final?) series of Peep Show will broadcast? Wasn't it about this time last year that a series started showing? I do hope they end it after the next one. There really wasn't anything new in the last series and I felt there was something very off about it in terms of plot and timing.

Come to think of it, I remember actually wincing a little when they used Mark's efforts to get his book published as a thread in the series. Business Secrets of the Pharaohs was funny to me because it was a thing that was never going to happen. I mean all the humour is already in the title and seeing the inevitable disastrous consequences just felt gratuitous. Some things are more funny when left to the imagination :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, it was much better as just a passing reference. For example, imagine if, next series, they actually make a plot point of him learning to play clarinet. Since that was always mentioned alongside finishing BSotP.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Tsietisin posted:

I think Little Britain was going for the repitition comedy much like "The Fast Show".

Which was nice.

This week I have mostly been hating... BBC3.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Those earlier mentions of "White Van Man" as a top BBC3 series just make me feel crushingly disappointed that they didn't steal probably the best last Peep Show joke in recent years, and call it "Men with Ven".

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

sex pervert posted:

Does anybody know when the next (final?) series of Peep Show will broadcast?

I've been watching Ambassadors as a Peep Show alternative reality where Mark's Dad's shares never crashed and fully privately educated Mark ends up working for the Foreign Office.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
One of you is that Jamie spunkrag that was on Only Connect tonight. Please admit to it and PM me your address, to save me the effort of hunting you down and strangling you to death.

jfjnpxmy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 4, 2013

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

jfjnpxmy posted:

One of you is that Jamie spunkrag that was on Only Connect tonight. Please admit to it and PM me your address, to save me the effort of hunting you down and strangling you to death.

He's been on every sodding quizshow possible over the past few years. Only Connect, Pointless, University Challenge...he's clearly angling to become some sort of smug hipster TV personality.

I agree. He needs strangled. Possibly with his own anime headband.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The one who was on UC and got quite far? I'm wondering if it's a bet that's been dragged out too far..

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007
Apparently he was the one who said "jizz" as an example of a word ending in "zz" on Pointless.

He did post this vaguely sweet message in support of Emma from Only Connect, who is again getting slaughtered on Twitter:

quote:

Jamie Karran ‏@NoDrNo
Twitter being mean about me on #OnlyConnect is fine, because I'm a bit of a nob, but people should sod off about Emma and her awesome team

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Well, that takes the wind out of my vitriolic sales.
Also did anyone catch that University Challenge had a question about first messages sent through various media including twitter, SMS and telegraph, which aired a week after a question on OC about first messages sent through various media including twitter, SMS and the telegraph. Do the question setters share an office or something?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Jawidar posted:

He did post this vaguely sweet message in support of Emma from Only Connect, who is again getting slaughtered on Twitter:

Well that's jolly decent of him. But still bloody upsetting that people on Twitter are still being appalling about the excellent Emma. Go Team Lasletts, go!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I always thought Little Britain ripped a ton of phrases from Reeves & Mortimer, especially Barons Nightclub. Given Matt Lucas's relationship with Vic & Bob I doubt they'dve been bothered but it did get played out to gently caress after one series. Tom Baker owned on the voiceovers though.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Also did anyone catch that University Challenge had a question about first messages sent through various media including twitter, SMS and telegraph, which aired a week after a question on OC about first messages sent through various media including twitter, SMS and the telegraph. Do the question setters share an office or something?

Just coincidence. With all the questions that get asked on all the quiz shows on TV this tends to happen fairly frequently. Like if you went to a different pub quiz every night for a week you'd get a couple of the same questions at some point.

CydonianKnight
May 7, 2007

What do you want? Toothpaste in my eye!
I actually enjoy the fact that someone is giving Victoria a run for her money in terms of blurting out strange statements.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
He could single handedly save a bunch of transvestite Jew puppies from the clutches of the Nazis...oval office still needs a strangling.

Believe me Jamie, it's for your own good.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I couldn't believe the Twitter hate for Emma. This loving country, eh?

They were a great team. I also can't believe they got the ice hockey question right and I didn't and I'm the biggest hockey fan god DAMMIT gently caress you Wayne Gretzky.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

What am I missing? I remember him on UC and he seemed lovely. Although perhaps anybody would seem lovely when the camera keeps cutting to Jeremy Paxman's twisted, spiteful, miserly old patrician underpants face every few seconds. You guys aren't just angry because you think he needs a haircut are you? :( Imagine being laid up in hospital and having a doctor done up as Zaphod Beeblebrox come to look after you. That's a happy thought for me, anyway.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
So you pour out bile and vitriol non-stop throughout this thread, but when it's the cuntiest of cunts you're suddenly sunshine and lollipops?

Mr. Karran, finally we meet.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

When I saw him on Only Connect I was horrified - It's anime headband band, no! But I warmed to him, he seemed nice. He kind of owns his nerdiness. And everybody on there yesterday evening was a spitting image of people I went to university with.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Blah blah stereotypes goony goon my goon animes headbands

He seems fine, leave him alone

Blaminator
Apr 16, 2007

"He seriously didn't go mech?"
I would just like to say that Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking on C4 is great.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006

thehustler posted:

Blah blah stereotypes goony goon my goon animes headbands

He seems fine, leave him alone

Yes, this. I watched the episode on iplayer specifically to see what the fuss was about and didn't see anything even mildly offensive about his character. Weird.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
Don't worry, plenty more contestants to make fun of. One guy on last night's University Challenge had Beer for a surname. He has a catchphrase for when people invite him to parties (it's "well you can't have a good party without Beer!")

He's never had opportunity to use it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He was probably driven to being a trivia nerd because people wouldn't stop saying that.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Sorry to ruin high-brow-gameshow-and-lovely-contestant chat but there's definitely going to be a new series of Weekly Wipe (probably in January), so we can now start wow-poo poo-haircut-Brooker chat.

New series will have Philomena Cunk, Barry Shitpeas, and now Limmy, and hopefully no more awkward guest spots.

And there'll be a 2013-Wipe at the end of the year.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 5, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Still really liking Man Down. Rik Mayall is amazing in it. Greg Davies is pretty good as well. Poor Duncan.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Weekly Wipe's great an' all, but a show with that format really needs to be on more than 6 times a year (or it 5 plus a clip show?).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Maybe they might be a hour long this time?

Instead of 45 minutes ending with those awkward interviews like last time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
An hour-long Monthly Wipe would probably work. Enough time to let stories develop, let media spirals do their up and down, develop ideas and get everything down pat.

Nobody seems to like monthly series though, so it would never work.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I finally watched the series premiere of Fresh Meat. Good to see that the show's as good as ever, I just hope they don't draw out the Kingsley/Josie/Heather love triangle thing for too long.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SeanBeansShako posted:

Instead of 45 minutes ending with those awkward interviews like last time.

This made it all worth while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arPXBsX1rY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

I finally watched the series premiere of Fresh Meat. Good to see that the show's as good as ever, I just hope they don't draw out the Kingsley/Josie/Heather love triangle thing for too long.

I hope the triangle all goes hideously wrong in the next two episodes, once Josie inevitably returns from Southampton Uni.

It was a decent opening episode, Vod continues to be gloriously awful and the character of JP continues to be the finest thing Jack Whitehall will ever do.

Howard broke my heart at the end though. :smith: Poor, self-sabotaging Howard.