Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Justin Barrasso ever get tired of being WWE's sockpuppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justin bareasshole

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If terrible takes and writing is a standard for writing about wrestling at SI, where can one apply?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The website where "The Goat man" image is hosted

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cavauro posted:

justin bareasshole

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheMusePlayback/status/1329146179758776326

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
comprehensive list of good blindfold matches in history

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

OTOH a lot of WWE matches would be better if you as the viewer were blindfolded.

Also with the volume muted so you don't have to listen to commentary.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TNA Lockdown 2007

James Storm vs Chris Harris

Their hoods start falling off immediately and there are multiple spots where they have to pretend that the goddamn things are still on their heads so they keep their eyes closed as a compromise. It's one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in my life.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pope Corky the IX posted:

TNA Lockdown 2007

James Storm vs Chris Harris

Their hoods start falling off immediately and there are multiple spots where they have to pretend that the goddamn things are still on their heads so they keep their eyes closed as a compromise. It's one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in my life.

its on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Corfl44XvnI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The bizarre thing is those two had another match not long after which was - at the time at least - really, really, really loving good. Which made the blindfold match stand out even more for being so horrible.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
wait

does anyone in WWE even understand that the whole point of a blindfold match is the crowd interaction

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

davidbix posted:

wait

does anyone in WWE even understand that the whole point of a blindfold match is the crowd interaction

Yeah they only did it right with Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel at WM 7.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
the only good blindfold matches is Spartacus: Gods of the Arena episode 1 and that was because one of them wasn't blindfolded

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

wait

THUNDERDOME~!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

davidbix posted:

wait

I was about to point that out myself before I saw your post, but the answer is obviously no, since the WWF is a cargo cult of a wrestling promotion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Numero6 posted:

Yeah they only did it right with Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel at WM 7.

And even then there's a shot right before the opening bell of Jake putting his hand underneath the hood to adjust it and you can clearly see it's mesh.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1329564544830636034

I'm not paying $20 to read Bill Hanstock recite Wikipedia pages but if he really wrote this then just lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody was right to hate this guy.

https://twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/313828069246918656

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This dude is reddit embodied into a putrid monster,

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/500522444914823168

gently caress. this. dude.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 20, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao at him trying to go "I was just making edgy jokes! It was so long ago! Back in the far gone days of 2012!"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/500522444914823168?s=20

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wait, is this the dude from those early Dark Order recruitment vignettes?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

lmao at him trying to go "I was just making edgy jokes! It was so long ago! Back in the far gone days of 2012!"

Also him claiming he was a teenager when he's 33 now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

OctoberCountry posted:

Wait, is this the dude from those early Dark Order recruitment vignettes?

Yeah.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also him claiming he was a teenager when he's 33 now

I knew there was no way that timeline added up (you can look up videos of him on DDP's channel in 2012 and he's clearly not a teenager) but lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh, hey, deleted, shocker.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"I'm not trying to hide anything"

*frantically deletes all the bad posts*

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eat My Fuc posted:

This dude is reddit embodied into a putrid monster,

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/500522444914823168

gently caress. this. dude.

What did this one say?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's the one that's screencapped.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vandar posted:

What did this one say?

It was the awful Mike Brown one from 2014, posted above by NienNunb as well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ryan Satin is at it again.

quote:

Stand Out Survivor Series Matches

Both Survivor Series matches were exciting, even without NXT being involved this year.

The Raw men’s team finally coming together to sweep Team SmackDown, as painful as it may be for a FOX Sports employee, paid off their recent antics and made the team feel like a cohesive unit fighting for one common purpose.

One positive that stood out to me was Otis' ability to hold his own.

With people like AJ Styles, Sheamus, Braun Strowman and Kevin Owens in the match, it would’ve been easy for him to be relegated to a caterpillar spot.

Instead, Otis was the second to last person left on Team SmackDown and got to be involved in some impressive in-ring moments against the likes of Matt Riddle and Keith Lee.

This is important if they want Otis to be taken seriously as a singles competitor.

Losing the Money in the Bank contract, as well as his tag partner and the Mandy storyline, seems to have lit a fire under the worker. Hopefully he shows more of this side going forward.

Another interesting moment that stood out was Seth Rollins sacrificing himself for some reason to exit the match.

It’s been reported Rollins may take some time off TV, so this would fall in line with that, but I ultimately like how it was handled.

Hopefully he has a good explanation when he returns, and it leads to Seth getting some new disciples.

The women’s Survivor Series match had a lot of good in it too.

Peyton Royce got a huge win over Bayley and showed some real promise as a singles star before being eliminated.

Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott displayed some newfound fire in the ring, which made you want to see more from them both in the future.

Bianca Belair believably taking on two dominant performers in Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax reminded you that her EST nickname isn’t just a gimmick. She truly is one of the best in the company with limitless potential.

As for the ending, I recently called Lana being the sole Survivor.

So, personally, I think it’s a genius payoff to the months of table punishment she received at the hands of Nia Jax.

Even though she won via countout, I hope this leads to more for Lana as a singles competitor.

Her recent edition of Chronicle covering the cyber bullying she deals with, and the commentary team bringing this up this during the pay-per-view, gives me hope that they’re trying to change people’s perception of “The Ravishing Russian."

As I said before, if done correctly, this face turn could payoff for WWE in the long run.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/wwe/survivor-series-undertaker-roman-reigns-drew-mcintyre-tag-match

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What a genius payoff for Lana. Pure, concentrated genius.

I will say the WWE truly are geniuses because they get a massive herd to just repeat the rhetoric.

It will forever be the Fox News of Wrestling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, who doesn't love the classic story of being beat up and demeaned over and over again and told you're useless only to finally be victorious by doing absolutely nothing except standing in the corner crying?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, who doesn't love the classic story of being beat up and demeaned over and over again and told you're useless only to finally be victorious by doing absolutely nothing except standing in the corner crying?

This is what Vince thinks millenials want

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

R/SCJerk just being normal about things

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That’s literally every. Single. Post. They. Do.

Still sucks and the fact that most of those posters aren’t banned from actual squaredcircle sucks. It’s an infection.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Spot the difference between SCJerk posting styles and The_Donald.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...what did Dave even say that they're freaking out about?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's just a stock format for their very not-mad jokes. Whatever Meltzer said that originally set them off is lost to the mists of time.

EDIT: Also when I think wrestlers who have ruined their legacy by overstaying their welcome and stinking up the joint as a sad shell of their former selves, I defintely think Jericho and Matt Hardy and not SaudiTaker.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hardy and Jericho are definitely riding the line at this point though. Taker went over the edge somewhere between his 15th and 37th farewell.