Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wiz posted:

Trade Enclave isn't going to be able to trade endless amounts anymore after 2.0 drops.

Wiz, a question about the new doom weapons: Can we fire the shield maker on uncolonized planets with primitives on them? What about planets with upliftable animals or completely empty planets? Can we just shoot our space bubble at a random planet to "protect" some tiny microbes or worms from the rest of the universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Libluini posted:

Wiz, a question about the new doom weapons: Can we fire the shield maker on uncolonized planets with primitives on them? What about planets with upliftable animals or completely empty planets? Can we just shoot our space bubble at a random planet to "protect" some tiny microbes or worms from the rest of the universe?

Gonna slave shield everything larger than a car. :urquansay:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My issue with the performer enclave still persists. Despite multiple reloads, my save no longer seems capable of interacting with them.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

My issue with the performer enclave still persists. Despite multiple reloads, my save no longer seems capable of interacting with them.

Are they still alive?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
They sometimes steal a bunch of stuff when you have a festival, and you can't talk to them for a while. This happened to you while trying to buy a monument, right? Maybe it somehow bugged out and applied that effect.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Splicer posted:

New isolationist run: start on gaia world, end game by encasing it in an impenetrable shield to keep the comparatively horrible rest of the universe out.

Spathi victory condition.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
when can I destroy habitats/ring worlds a la Consider Phlebas?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Are they still alive?

Yes and in multiple enclaves. In fact I even got a notice saying that there was an incoming message but nothing showed up. Also it is nothing to do with being stolen from as the issue only emerged when trying to buy a ministry of culture from them.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

when can I destroy habitats/ring worlds a la Consider Phlebas?

Good news: As soon as you buy the DLC that drops together with 2.0, my friend! (Doom stars can shoot habitats, too!)

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

That looks amazing. Anyone know when they'll be starting their lets play streams?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer posted:

The trader enclaves really should have some kind of stockpile system.

Wiz posted:

Trade Enclave isn't going to be able to trade endless amounts anymore after 2.0 drops.
cheque's in the mail

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wiz posted:

You're welcome.

Holy poo poo, this is going to be amazing when playing a purifier. Are you also going to have one the other way, to turn excess minerals into energy?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna turn every Scourage planet into a Shield World so future residents of the galaxy get a nice surprise

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chalks posted:

That looks amazing. Anyone know when they'll be starting their lets play streams?

Next Thursday, probably.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Well, now we have the ability to build fixed long-range jump gates, and we have the ability to destroy planets.

Now all we need is a "Read Poetry" diplomatic action or a poetry-related special project to complete the Vogon experience.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Main Paineframe posted:

Well, now we have the ability to build fixed long-range jump gates, and we have the ability to destroy planets.

Now all we need is a "Read Poetry" diplomatic action or a poetry-related special project to complete the Vogon experience.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941983318&searchtext=don%27t

One of the events in here is Vogon-themed, as you'd expect. Yes, it involves poetry.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I think Titan limit should be based on ethics and civics rather than fleet cap.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, I do feel like a ton of stuff is getting tied into later game science, rather than ethics, civics, and unity, which feels like a strange shift away from the whole empire design thing they have going on.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Unity, in addition to usual costs, for flagship and planet destroyer maintenance would own. Hell, do that for all megastructures. Unity needs late game uses.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Apocalypse feature list said something about a use for excess unity.

quote:

Some Non-Violent Features: New Ascension Perks and Civics are added in the expansion, along with new Unity Ambitions that provide new ways to spend Unity and customize your development.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I should be able to paint a deathstar and it should count as a real one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bubble planet, build make them watch as I build a Dyson sphere around the sun.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Splicer posted:

Bubble planet, build make them watch as I build a Dyson sphere around the sun.

Can't build spheres or rings in systems with a habitable planet - whether or not it's inhabited.

Though I wonder if shielding it would count as the same as destroying it. Or if even with a destroyed planet you would still be forbidden to build anything.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Can't build spheres or rings in systems with a habitable planet - whether or not it's inhabited.

Though I wonder if shielding it would count as the same as destroying it. Or if even with a destroyed planet you would still be forbidden to build anything.
A man can dream, can't he?

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
So I started a new game and I'm an arctic hive mind people. My desert neighbours were real dicks to me from the start with their anti-hive mind prejudice, eventually things came to a war which was pretty drat expensive for me but finally resulted in their complete defeat and now I have a bunch of desert worlds populated by their inferior species.

Knowing the importance of allies from my last game, I put some effort into cultivating friendly relations with my other neighbour. That went well up until the war, but now they're getting all pissy about so-called terror bombing and they consider me a threat. I need to work out what to do with the desert folk but I guess purging or enslaving them will make relations even worse? I was going to purge them, but then I guess that will lose me all the desert worlds because I couldn't otherwise colonise them? So I'll be better off enslaving them for the time being? Maybe further down the track I can start replacing them with proper hive mind folk or robots or something.

I feel like I might as well accept that relations with the other neighbour are now hosed and just be the threat they consider me to be. That's what you get for thinking the worst of me dicks, I totally wasn't planning to invade you but maybe now I will! Maybe some other empires will better understand my people's ways.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Demolishing planets to make way for your ringworld had better be part of the game.

Also I hope you can fire the shield at your own worlds because it would be neat to colonize crappy tiny worlds and then shield them to turn them into society mines. And a pacifist species might actually sign up for that.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 12, 2018

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

OwlFancier posted:

Demolishing planets to make way for your ringworld had better be part of the game.

That would be very Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - excuse me people of Flowering Blossom, we need this space for our intergalactic bypass and will need to remove your planet as a result. You understand, right? Right.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Wiz please let one of the colossus models be a giant sphere, I'm not even going to pretend it's for any other reason than wanting a death star stand in.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

OwlFancier posted:

Also I hope you can fire the shield at your own worlds because it would be neat to colonize crappy tiny worlds and then shield them to turn them into society mines. And a pacifist species might actually sign up for that.

I mean...You explicitly disassemble planets in the system to construct your ringworlds, so...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

imweasel09 posted:

Wiz please let one of the colossus models be a giant sphere, I'm not even going to pretend it's for any other reason than wanting a death star stand in.

Have we seen the humanoid model for them? Because...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

binge crotching posted:

Holy poo poo, this is going to be amazing when playing a purifier. Are you also going to have one the other way, to turn excess minerals into energy?

Giant burn pile.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

binge crotching posted:

Like some kind of dyson sphere

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
OP was last updated a year ago. What mods do people recommend?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

downscaled ships and reduce aura graphics

imo don't mess with anything that changes core gameplay, adds a shitload of traits or content. the mod community isn't better at game design than paradox

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I"m cautiously optimistic about Titans. I love big ships, but the largest ships we have now (battleships) cost too much, miss too often, have way too many hard counters, and are basically never worth building. I'm worried that Titans will be that, but more so.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

New Horizons is still an extremely high quality mod, but at that point you aren't playing Stellaris anymore, you're playing Star Trek: Powered by Clausewitz. Otherwise,

Yandat posted:

imo don't mess with anything that changes core gameplay, adds a shitload of traits or content. the mod community isn't better at game design than paradox

Many of the mods that exist in this category have either been made obsolete by mechanics overhauls or Wiz took notice and did it better in the core game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Jabarto posted:

I"m cautiously optimistic about Titans. I love big ships, but the largest ships we have now (battleships) cost too much, miss too often, have way too many hard counters, and are basically never worth building. I'm worried that Titans will be that, but more so.

Well you can play build your perfectly color coded LEGO town but I'm going to have fun smashing my Power Rangers and X-Men even though they don't go together :colbert:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Jabarto posted:

Err do you not build battleships? Don't your cruisers just get owned?

Besides the big Titan weapons are for helping take out the new buffer bases.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Err do you not build battleships? Don't your cruisers just get owned?

Besides the big Titan weapons are for helping take out the new buffer bases.

I mostly use artillery destroyers with my cruisers. Battleships always take the brunt of the casualties whenever I use them so I eventually stopped trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I really want to know two things:

How do Slave Shields interact with Ringworlds and Habitats?

Can a Planet Cracker Crack a Shielded World?

• Locked thread