Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeyondRepair
Sep 11, 2006

News Machine
Cake is served to you. Pie, you go get. Think about that for a minute. REALLY think about it.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

In my personal experience, the chance of people turning a slice of cake down is about 50/50. I have only rarely seen someone turn down pie. Think about that.

DrBagpipes
Nov 21, 2003
I AM A STUPID SHITHEEL

Pyroblaze posted:

I do have to admit I disagree 100% on Adam's Cake vs. Pie stance. Cake is obviously much better than pie.

What in gently caress's name is wrong with you?

Like Adam says, you're at a party and people have to force cake upon you. But when there's pie, you're busy keeping people away until it's ready to be served.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
That was me talking to Kevin Nealon.

Whoo!

The, uh, first Mark.

Flattering that Nealon wondered if it was me still on the line.

ChaosMonkey fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 6, 2009

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Adam just went off on Loveline on Friday:

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/1573235.mp3
http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/1573248.mp3

And it also gives an insight why Teresa sucks. Stop being emotional and just read the news!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Jubs posted:

Adam just went off on Loveline on Friday:

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/1573235.mp3
http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/1573248.mp3

And it also gives an insight why Teresa sucks. Stop being emotional and just read the news!

Oy, not white-knighting, but Adam's whole point was that Jack Silver was an idiot for wanting to cram a bunch of news into the show instead of letting Adam do his thing.

He wanted Theresa to be boring and read a bunch of news, but she and Joel tried to make it entertaining, then Adam yelled at them for trying to be funny. She didn't want to be boring to make a point for Adam and didn't spin it well.

Whatever, Adam was being pissy and she didn't know how to make that funny. Neither did Joel, for that matter.

I liked the open mocking of Stryker, though. He really has driven Loveline into the crapper. I always feel bad for Drew. He started this thing as community service, it turned into a national show, and has completely dropped off the radar since Adam left. Adam's points about Stryker are spot on, he really does make the show unlistenable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What segments of the show were they on?

edit: Teresa Continues the News and Meltdown Recap

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 7, 2009

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Does anyone have the episode with the lead singer from SmashMouth (2001-10-16). I don't have the torrent and the site I get my episodes from doesn't have it and I really want to hear it again.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Where his wife/girlfriend calls in with a fake british accent?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Malachi Constant posted:

Oy, not white-knighting, but Adam's whole point was that Jack Silver was an idiot for wanting to cram a bunch of news into the show instead of letting Adam do his thing.

He wanted Theresa to be boring and read a bunch of news, but she and Joel tried to make it entertaining, then Adam yelled at them for trying to be funny. She didn't want to be boring to make a point for Adam and didn't spin it well.

Whatever, Adam was being pissy and she didn't know how to make that funny. Neither did Joel, for that matter.

I liked the open mocking of Stryker, though. He really has driven Loveline into the crapper. I always feel bad for Drew. He started this thing as community service, it turned into a national show, and has completely dropped off the radar since Adam left. Adam's points about Stryker are spot on, he really does make the show unlistenable.

I think you got it wrong here. Adam was complaining that Jack wants Teresa to cram in as much news as she can, without letting Adam riff on it as it goes down. Hence why most 20-minute segments that encompass the news are two whole stories instead of, like, ten or twenty, as the idea is from Jack's end. Joel and Adam both love making fun of the news as it comes, and the interference from the program director who doesn't know why anyone actually listens to the show is worthless and counterproductive.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Alexandr posted:

I think you got it wrong here. Adam was complaining that Jack wants Teresa to cram in as much news as she can, without letting Adam riff on it as it goes down. Hence why most 20-minute segments that encompass the news are two whole stories instead of, like, ten or twenty, as the idea is from Jack's end. Joel and Adam both love making fun of the news as it comes, and the interference from the program director who doesn't know why anyone actually listens to the show is worthless and counterproductive.

How is that different from what I said?

quote:

Adam's whole point was that Jack Silver was an idiot for wanting to cram a bunch of news into the show instead of letting Adam do his thing.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
Program directors always seem to be completely clueless. I'm listening to 2001 from the beginning, and apparently over the winter break they told Adam to talk less and Anderson to completely stop doing drops. Not only have these been the most boring shows that I've heard, but callers keep begging Anderson to do drops. I just hit March and Anderson finally started doing his thing, so hopefully it gets better soon.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
If anyone has ever wanted to watch "The Adam Carolla Project" you can find the first episde here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUE66qVd7c ) with links to the rest in the guy's playlist.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Ez posted:

Does anyone have the episode with the lead singer from SmashMouth (2001-10-16). I don't have the torrent and the site I get my episodes from doesn't have it and I really want to hear it again.

You don't have PMs turned on but I'd be happy to send it to you. Hit me up.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

blacquethoven posted:

If anyone has ever wanted to watch "The Adam Carolla Project" you can find the first episde here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUE66qVd7c ) with links to the rest in the guy's playlist.

Someone should call TACS and tell him this. Every few months people call in asking about it. It'd help folks who don't know anything about torrents find it.

edit:

TortillaFactory posted:

You don't have PMs turned on but I'd be happy to send it to you. Hit me up.

Screw it, I'll host it. Adam and Drew have given their consent to distribute old shows, Westwood One has never even hinted at making them available.

Loveline - 2001-10-16 (Guest - Steven Harwell from Smash Mouth)

Also, if you want, here's two more I host:

Loveline - 1999-06-07 (Pennywise - Fletcher vomit clip - poo poo city)

Loveline - 2008-03-14 (Guest - Adam Carolla)

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 9, 2009

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Malachi Constant posted:

Someone should call TACS and tell him this. Every few months people call in asking about it. It'd help folks who don't know anything about torrents find it.

edit:

Screw it, I'll host it. Adam and Drew have given their consent to distribute old shows, Westwood One has never even hinted at making them available.

Loveline - 2001-10-16 (Guest - Steven Harwell from Smash Mouth)

Also, if you want, here's two more I host:

Loveline - 1999-06-07 (Pennywise - Fletcher vomit clip - poo poo city)

Loveline - 2008-03-14 (Guest - Adam Carolla)

be careful though, don't spread it around too much. I ran Lovelinecentral, and got a cease and desist from Westwood one

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

Rushmore posted:

be careful though, don't spread it around too much. I ran Lovelinecentral, and got a cease and desist from Westwood one

Was there any indication that the full series would be available someday or is Westwood One gonna keep it in the vault forever? I loving hate that, MTV did the same thing with Sifl & Olly S1.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Was there any indication that the full series would be available someday or is Westwood One gonna keep it in the vault forever? I loving hate that, MTV did the same thing with Sifl & Olly S1.

There is no archive. Anderson has mentioned on many, MANY occasions to write over tapes that were less than a week old.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
In 2002-09-18 with Nick Hexum from 311, some girl calls in bitching about how her boyfriend who is in a band and is talking non-stop about the situation.

The three of them as she starts going kick on the mute button and come back 10 seconds later, say "uh-huh" or repeat the exact last word they heard and put her back on mute. They pick up again and she's still yammering on. Repeat x10.

I love this show.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

c0ldfuse posted:

In 2002-09-18 with Nick Hexum from 311, some girl calls in bitching about how her boyfriend who is in a band and is talking non-stop about the situation.

The three of them as she starts going kick on the mute button and come back 10 seconds later, say "uh-huh" or repeat the exact last word they heard and put her back on mute. They pick up again and she's still yammering on. Repeat x10.

I love this show.

That was amazing. So many people call the show just to talk and never want to hear Drew or Adam's opinion, it was great to hear it put so plainly.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Phone posted:

There is no archive. Anderson has mentioned on many, MANY occasions to write over tapes that were less than a week old.

I am pretty sure there were situations where they had to produce older-than-a-week-old recordings for legal reasons and were able to, so this has always been in debate. If there is any kind of archive, we'll never see it.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

The Poorman will just not give up on trying to make Loveline wannabes:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a-clockwork-orange/thats-not-a-virus-infecting-yo/

The guy disses Drew, but the rest is hilarious.

edit:

quote:

Picture Jay Leno meets Loveline meets Wayne's World with the look of a CNN roundtable forum of contributors via web cams. That's LuvChat. LuvChat premieres Feb. 16 and will be the first "live" interactive online variety show streaming Monday through Friday nights from 8-10 PST. The show will be hosted by Executive Producer Jim "Poorman" Trenton and co-hosted by Dr. Gabrielle Davis, M.D., along with nightly celebrity guest "Luv Doctors."

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 10, 2009

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That sounds absolutely horrible. Fortunately it's an Internet show, so we'll probably never hear of it again.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
The fact that it was spelt Luv is as laughable as the producer who thought that would attract his target market.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

JGdmn posted:

That was amazing. So many people call the show just to talk and never want to hear Drew or Adam's opinion, it was great to hear it put so plainly.

Can anyone share this show? It sounds brilliant.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

c0ldfuse posted:

I love this show.

In for a penny, in for a pound:

http://www.malachiconstant.com/SA/Loveline%20-%202002-09-18%20(Guest%20-%20Nick%20Hexum%20from%20311).mp3

Also, the always entertaining (to me) site statistics after I post a link here:

Click here for the full 800x352 image.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003

Judakel posted:

Can anyone share this show? It sounds brilliant.

You can find a link to it on this page

http://loveline.phil21.net/useraccess/all/2002/09/

ABlix-
Aug 22, 2004
Old School Software Pimp

c0ldfuse posted:

I love this show.

Hahahahah. This part is at ~53:00. It's incredibly hilarious. Everyone listen to this.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
I've been working my way through the Adam Carolla Project episodes on youtube and in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xd9z1A1wEo there's a few minutes of loveline footage starting around 8:00, if anyone ever wondered what the studio looked like.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Adam Carolla was a guest on Dave Damesheks podcast yesterday:

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTr...shek090209a.mp3

Eb
May 6, 2003

Jubs posted:

Adam Carolla was a guest on Dave Damesheks podcast yesterday:

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTr...shek090209a.mp3
Thanks, wish it was the other way around though... and that Teresa was hit by a truck

Maybe it's because I have virtually no interest in American sports, but that podcast is really boring... and I loved Dave on TACS.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I heard the worst episode last night while going to sleep. Stryker was there, and the guest was Andy Dick. Cue 45 minutes of them talking over every caller about nothing, putting over Andy Dick's terrible MTV shows, and generally making me mad.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
the Random Loveline feed is awesome, but I've had a string of bad luck lately - old incomplete shows with commercials intact and godawful STRYKER episodes. Almost makes me want to download the entire collection to edit out commercials/guest musician songs (why do they keep those in?)/adam replacements.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

blacquethoven posted:

I've been working my way through the Adam Carolla Project episodes on youtube and in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xd9z1A1wEo there's a few minutes of loveline footage starting around 8:00, if anyone ever wondered what the studio looked like.

EP 13 Pt.2 has some clips of Adam's last day on Loveline.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

TheKub posted:

EP 13 Pt.2 has some clips of Adam's last day on Loveline.

It's also super depressing, just like listening to that episode. Gah.

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008

Pzykotic posted:

the Random Loveline feed is awesome, but I've had a string of bad luck lately - old incomplete shows with commercials intact and godawful STRYKER episodes. Almost makes me want to download the entire collection to edit out commercials/guest musician songs (why do they keep those in?)/adam replacements.

I have the whole collection and the guest musician songs are edited out. I really wish they weren't. Its cool to listen to 2001 episodes and hear Linkin Park plugging Hybrid Theory or something like that.

"Here is a new song off Linkin Park's album Hybrid Theory... Its called Crawling" or something of that nature.

Oh man, that was 8 years ago... makes me feel old.

Flea110
Apr 3, 2006
By "whole collection" do you mean the 44GB torrent? I've been listening to episodes from late 2003 and the guest songs aren't edited out.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
The shows, particularly the older ones, were all given to the community by people that just happened to have recorded it a long time ago. Since they aren't from some magical, central place, of course some of them aren't going to have commercials and songs edited out. I'm just glad that these pre-2002 shows even exist. If someone else wants to edit them out and send them back to the feed, or create a new, better torrent, then that's fantastic that you want to also contribute to the community.

That being said, I do think the feed should spare everyone from having to listen to Stryker's voice. My favorite part of Stryker's appearances are the next day when there's always 3 or 4 callers that beg Adam to never leave again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008

Flea110 posted:

By "whole collection" do you mean the 44GB torrent? I've been listening to episodes from late 2003 and the guest songs aren't edited out.

Yeah, I meant the big torrent. I've been listening to them in order and I'm still on 2001. I just assumed they were all like that. Good to hear.

• Locked thread