Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

Before I pulled today, my two most hated sets were Shadow Corps and Mad Guitarist. 3* sets in general are my bane(I have 2/3 beast rain, 1/3 Outer Space, gently caress-all else that isn't a store/event/package set), but those two in particular are just the prime ingredient in that poo poo sandwich. Not because of the quality of the sets, but because before I pulled today I had 11 pieces of Shadow Corps, and 15 pieces of Mad Guitarist.

I pulled. Now I have 18 pieces of Mad Guitarist and a bunch of extra blue gear. :smithicide:

I've taken to just putting it on random dudes because at least it's hp/defense armor and atk/crit weapons.

Shadow corps (and other team boosting sets) are surprisingly good in guild raid. Like, even goddamn Here Comes the Gnome is getting use as people try to eke out every little bit of damage they can. Also, I've got +13 armor/ring from shadow corps on my BOH Krut because it provides the last bump he needs to hit 100% crit rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

NinjaDebugger posted:

Shadow corps (and other team boosting sets) are surprisingly good in guild raid. Like, even goddamn Here Comes the Gnome is getting use as people try to eke out every little bit of damage they can. Also, I've got +13 armor/ring from shadow corps on my BOH Krut because it provides the last bump he needs to hit 100% crit rate.

I don't want to disparage the quality of the sets(as you mentioned, they've become really popular among the Really Good Players™ and players significantly better than I have mentioned them more than once. I don't have the rest of the gear to make them really shine, but I recognize their value.), it's just the sheer volume of them versus the total lack of other, game-changing sets that gets me down. I can't do any of the cool counter builds because I only have one piece of outer space(that I got so long ago it's on Carrot because I thought the stats were good and knew nothing else about the set), and while I get the 60% attack from Beast Rain the 3rd piece would really make a difference.

But I have an entire set of +13 Mad Guitarist AND Shadow Corpse because I started running out of inventory space and what else was I gonna do with them?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Good god the FWT community isn't just complaining about the changes to the rainbow capsule system, they're outraged. Reddit's even worse than facebook today.

There's a guy on the FWT Subreddit who got this pull and is furious about it, lol:

"Why are they giving us items that aren't featured?" --> :reddit: --> "Why are the A rank featured sets the most common?"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
People will never be happy, Nexon should just stop trying. I think its good the way it is now. I got my first piece of beast rain and 2 mad guitarist pieces in my free pull today.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hodgepodge posted:

Krut is great with BR, unless you have a Klein set Jenny or something.

Put my 4 star krut on my team with BR and Mass Prod. Daso and now I can SS Chenny 4 in two turns. :allears: I could barely B rank it before.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Charles Bukowski posted:

People will never be happy, Nexon should just stop trying. I think its good the way it is now. I got my first piece of beast rain and 2 mad guitarist pieces in my free pull today.

Same-ish - I got the Mad Guitarist chest and two copies of the accessory. What's the deal with the "diamonds" you need to use to convert set items? Something hilariously endgame?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ignoranus posted:

Same-ish - I got the Mad Guitarist chest and two copies of the accessory. What's the deal with the "diamonds" you need to use to convert set items? Something hilariously endgame?

You can buy them with honor points, in limited amounts. You can also get them out of the 50k gold machine in the library, and as daily log-in rewards.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Reposting this because I missed this promo yesterday.

DemonMage posted:

Survey for 10x 1* Rainbow capsule: https://goo.gl/O8sY8m. Good until 10/18, rewards delivered on 10/20.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Looking through the event shop - what are Transcendence Tickets used for? Should I buy some and squirrel them away?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ignoranus posted:

Looking through the event shop - what are Transcendence Tickets used for? Should I buy some and squirrel them away?

Platinum items and set items can be upgraded past +10 by combining them with a duplicate +10 item. Transcendence tickets let you do this without the extra item.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Platinum items and set items can be upgraded past +10 by combining them with a duplicate +10 item. Transcendence tickets let you do this without the extra item.

This, but it just has to be pink, which means +9 or you got it already pinked.

That said, the bonuses for such are:

Plat: +12% per level, max +12.
A rank: +12% per level, max 13.
S rank: +15% per level, max 13
SS rank: +20% per level, max 13.

It should be pretty apparent that you should never use your transcendence tickets on anything lower than SS, if at all possible. If you have one-ofs of a good set, you can go ahead and transcend them and use them as normal items with absurd stats, they'll still be there when you complete the set.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

NinjaDebugger posted:

This, but it just has to be pink, which means +9 or you got it already pinked.

That said, the bonuses for such are:

Plat: +12% per level, max +12.
A rank: +12% per level, max 13.
S rank: +15% per level, max 13
SS rank: +20% per level, max 13.

It should be pretty apparent that you should never use your transcendence tickets on anything lower than SS, if at all possible. If you have one-ofs of a good set, you can go ahead and transcend them and use them as normal items with absurd stats, they'll still be there when you complete the set.

Does getting an item from 11 to 12 require two level 11 items or just one additional +10?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
You just require an additional pink +9 item to transcend an existing +10 to +11, +12 or +13

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I only got 1 pink and 2 mad guitarist belts off that free 3* pull. I'm upset about this, but hey, bright side is I was able to convert one into the jacket and now am on the way to a +11 belt.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Mad Guitarist is pretty good as a transcended set if you can +13 all of it. It's bow/armor/ring so it works on a lot of heroes. Just consider the set effects as a minor bonus.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I really like Mad Guitarist on Krut because he soaks up a lot of hits in GR and DB. Also I have a lot of it, so I have his at +11. I've got a set on Deimos as well.

I wouldn't be quite so thrilled if it weren't Bow/Armor/Ring.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm currently using it on Krut until I can get the last BR piece, and I hope to get the third desperado and surgery pieces I need. And the new guy bring a zombie cowboy is hysterical to me.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Did the 3* x10 free pull... got THREE Mad Guitarist belts. Not full sets, just the belts. And the kicker is, I already had one! Just the belt! My main team is already kitted out in sets (2x Sweet and Scary, 2x Tiger Claw Guardian, Muz's set, Rask's set), and the new characters all came with their own 3* sets exclusive to them, which I have, so I seemingly have nowhere to PUT these mad guitarists. I'm considering just alchemising them, unless anyone has any suggestions. I'm loathe to waste diamonds on 'em unless there's an actual point to it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Iunnrais posted:

Did the 3* x10 free pull... got THREE Mad Guitarist belts. Not full sets, just the belts. And the kicker is, I already had one! Just the belt! My main team is already kitted out in sets (2x Sweet and Scary, 2x Tiger Claw Guardian, Muz's set, Rask's set), and the new characters all came with their own 3* sets exclusive to them, which I have, so I seemingly have nowhere to PUT these mad guitarists. I'm considering just alchemising them, unless anyone has any suggestions. I'm loathe to waste diamonds on 'em unless there's an actual point to it.

Well, at least now you're prepared for the eventual crossover FF hero.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I've gotten Jack to 3* and thrown some decent gear on him, now I can at least manually complete Krut 2 - it'll lose if I put it on auto because the first two character slots focus on the side groups instead of Krut himself, but I can manually grind it out. Sitting now at 343/720 genes to get him and I really hope I can close this gap in the remaining four days... I don't think it will be too rough, since I can buy the Energy Potions from the Halloween event shop, but I'm wondering if I'll manage to get enough to advance his skills to any appreciable amount.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

So, for those of you who actually got Spooky and Banshee, welcome to the "wrecking the poo poo out of Celestial" club.

As long as you can get to the top of the hard tower, you are going to be able to beat Celestial, because with a little work, Banshee + Spooky + A healer can tank Celestial

And as of last night's patch, they have apparently fixed Spooky's damage reflection so it reflects damage that she soaks for Banshee.

That means when Banshee gets hit for 30,000 damage, and Spooky gets hit for 70,000 damage, Spooky is (with the right set and soul gear) going to reflect 47,000 damage. On top of the counter Banshee will do with her nice Outer Space set (You DO have Outer Space on her, right?)

You don't even need to keep an enemy around to get the reflect, you can just have Spooky hit an ally, using the skill every other turn.

is this with having him blocked in on the upper defense tile? Been trying to beat this with Spooky, Celestial , Banshee , Krut , Yeka. I feel like i have the right tools and gear to beat this it just hasn't come together yet.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Time-Police posted:

is this with having him blocked in on the upper defense tile? Been trying to beat this with Spooky, Celestial , Banshee , Krut , Yeka. I feel like i have the right tools and gear to beat this it just hasn't come together yet.

Nope. I did it via Banshee + Muz slots 4 and 5, with Spooky, Celestial, and Lee in 1-3. Banshee took the lower tile, got trapped in, and I let celestial get good and aggroed on her and then moved Muz and Lee up carefully. High morale + attacks later, done. This was before the damage reflect, even.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
The Bearman/Mu/Krut at the top and a combination of Nirvana/Nox/Persona/Yeka/Chris at the bottom, aka the Reyson Hellfire strat, feels like the easiest/most reliable.

Did it with naked Bearman, Mu, Nox (4*) and Nirvana (3*), relying solely on my Krut for DPS. Had to respec Lord mastery to High Morale, coop damage and Rock hero dmg to barely beat the 18 turn timer. Probably would've been a turn earlier if I wasn't so lazy in shuffling gear around for the naked heroes, if I bothered to level Nox to 5* and gear him properly or if I used a good Krut merc to help DPS.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Well, at least now you're prepared for the eventual crossover FF hero.

:golfclap: Very good.

----

Additions being made to OP. Thanks to contributors. Please post errors.

Set information being curated. See: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751670#post452814110

----

My Questions:

-Got two pieces of 3* Legendary Ranger. Considering putting them onto my 40% Dodge Unknown for Guild Raids. Or should I go Project Valk? Thoughts?

-Have another full set of 3* Unbeatable Warlord. Currently one set is on Henry (he deep strikes into enemy lines) and Deimos has the special SS 3* set that is essentially Unbeatable Warlord with extra stuff. Who else should I put this Unbeatable Warlord on?

-Have a full 4* Dragon Slayer set (Lava walk, +3K damage) on Deimos. Other set is on Raskreia (which works quite well). Should I switch the Dragon Slayer set from Deimos to someone else?

-Got 2 pieces (+1 move) of 2* SS Cave Chaser. Who is priority?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 16, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

-Got two pieces of 3* Legendary Ranger. Considering putting them onto my 40% Dodge Unknown for Guild Raids. Or should I go Project Valk? Thoughts?

-Have another full set of 3* Unbeatable Warlord. Currently one set is on Henry (he deep strikes into enemy lines) and Deimos has the special SS 3* set that is essentially Unbeatable Warlord with extra stuff. Who else should I put this Unbeatable Warlord on?

-Have a full 4* Dragon Slayer set (Lava walk, +3K damage) on Deimos. Other set is on Raskreia (which works quite well). Should I switch the Dragon Slayer set from Deimos to someone else?

1) project valk is good, but hard to build. Make sure you can actually get your Val to 30% dodge.

2) Transcend your first set.

3) It's only 60,000 gold to move a set. Put it on whoever you're using currently.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So the OP has NinjaDebugger saying (way back in April):

quote:

Honestly... if I were all the way back at the start again, and powering through everything up to Lily, I'd probably make my core midgame team Lance, Lily, Serendi, Gillan, and Mu, swapping in Jack for Gil as necessary for SSing bosses.

Would you still stand by that? I've been using Valkyrie, Jack, Krut, Serendi, Spooky lately. So I guess swapping Valk for Lance and Spooky for Gillan is doable in theory, but is it worth it? I really like Spooky but she obviously loses something if you don't have a Banshee to combo with and her auto AI doesn't use her abilities as heals, only attacks, which sucks.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Would you still stand by that? I've been using Valkyrie, Jack, Krut, Serendi, Spooky lately. So I guess swapping Valk for Lance and Spooky for Gillan is doable in theory, but is it worth it? I really like Spooky but she obviously loses something if you don't have a Banshee to combo with and her auto AI doesn't use her abilities as heals, only attacks, which sucks.

God no. At the time I wrote that, valkyrie wasn't out yet and easily accessible even to complete noobs, to say nothing of Celestial.

edit: Canard had 3 people quit without notice, so if anybody wanted to follow me over, now's a good time.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 16, 2016

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

4 days of pulls, only 4 A set pieces in all. Not feeling good about that, as a newbie I feel kinda hamstrung without any real full sets.

I'm trying to figure if I should blow my energy potions to max chenny, or hold on to them for zombie Lucas. I know that I should just wait for her lost island again, but it's hard convincing myself of that!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

DemonMage posted:

I'd try to replace Spooky with Celestial ASAP. The sustain on her passive, even if you leave it at rank 5 for a while, is insane for PvE/autoing. I'd also keep Deb up to date for scissor damage as appropriate, and consider replacing Serendi with her until you can get skill/gear/costume up Serendi.

If I was building a midgame team with what's 100% available, I'd probably go Celestial/Valk/Jack/any/any.

Story characters for the other slots:
Serendi is great once she's put together but not as special until then now that Celestial has easier and free debuff removal. Deb is super cheap to level and skill up and can carry you for a good long while, but she falls off in the late game. Gil is good, but you probably won't need his disarm and heal if you have Valk's taunt, and Celestial's seal/passive heal/debuff removal. Chris and Albert aren't bad to fill in a slot if you need CC or stun, especially since they're so easy to skill up and you get lots of free stuff for Chris. They stay relevant in the coocoo dungeons, too, so getting them to mid 4*s isn't really a waste.

For non-story characters, Krut/Deimos/Cheney are no-brainers to round out that squad if you can get them.

I got through most of the story with a squad of Celestial, Deb, and Jack as my first 5*s (feeding each one all the coocoos of that color), then Valk, Serendi, and Deimos as my next 3. I'd have definitely done Krut if I had him, but I only unlocked him yesterday.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
So I've got Chris, jack and Deb at 50 waiting for me to grind the mats to 4 star them. I'm thinking Deb is my best bet, or am I totally wrong?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I got my hands on 3 revelation pieces this morning. Just need to convert 1 of the accessories into the armor and I'll have a solid 5* set finally.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Roid666 posted:

So I've got Chris, jack and Deb at 50 waiting for me to grind the mats to 4 star them. I'm thinking Deb is my best bet, or am I totally wrong?

Jack. Unlock Krut then Chenney

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've unlocked krut, just working on his skills. So jack for the hp shred of win then!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

hey girl you up posted:

I'd try to replace Spooky with Celestial ASAP.[snip]

Okay cool, that's pretty much what I'd been doing already. Celestial is just a matter of time really, I'm hitting up the library every day. Thanks!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is spooky not that great for content? I've got 5* celestial and 3* spooky & banshee.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is spooky not that great for content? I've got 5* celestial and 3* spooky & banshee.

Spooky alone is mediocre. Spooky with Banshee is amazing. Spooky with Banshee and Celestial is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well I know what I'm doing after I finally get my 4* jack to 5. And I only have 1 area character at 5, and it's Raskrea. How well does she stack up to other area characters?

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 16, 2016

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Finally managed to grind out my very own Krut on the second stage. What skills should I focus on while I can?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

1 4 2 3 imo, with 2 and 4 being up to preference. The first skill hits like a truck, and the 2nd and 4th skills give really nice buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I went with another recommendation here and did 1/Passive/3/2

But honestly they're all awesome. 2 is the crappiest AE of them, but does have a good 1 turn buff and a solid heal attached to it. And that's his least useful skill.

Also you can max 1 + passive for the cost of maxing either of the other skills.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 17, 2016

• Locked thread