Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Super close game last night but I got edged out on scenario thanks to Hellmouths. Nemo 3 is still my boy and I screwed myself out of a Blightbringer kill by forgetting to run up a Firefly before feating. Stormstrider is such money and worth the price of admission alone for his 10 inch +2 to hit bubble. Hope the rest of you goons did better.

Tell me about your Nemo 3 experiences because he seems a lot more useful than in Mk2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Knocked together two lists for tonight:

quote:

Protectorate of Menoth - amon

75 / 75 Army

High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza - WJ: +29
- Castigator - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Reckoner - PC: 16
- Templar - PC: 15
- Templar - PC: 15
- Devout - PC: 9

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 4

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6

quote:

Protectorate of Menoth - kreoss1

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

High Exemplar Kreoss - WJ: +29
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Redeemer - PC: 11
- Repenter - PC: 8

Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Kell Bailoch - PC: 5
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - PC: 5
Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5
Deliverer Sunburst Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 5

The Amon army could probably use another Choir, but I only got one.

Relatively simple lists. Amon jackspam, and Kreoss pop'n drop with a bunch of utility mercs.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Nah, you don't need another choir, though you might find two min units more useful than one max. I would, though, try to add mechanics and maybe wracks. But it looks okay to me. Any particular reason why you have Taryn in the Kreoss list though?

Also, if anyone would like to critique this, I think I've found a pCaine list I want to run

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b8Vc09vcXagaganaj9k7j3W9i

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

(Caine 1) Lieutenant Allister Caine [+30]
- Stormwall [39]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Tempest Blazers (max) [18]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Hunter [11]
Anastasia di Bray [3]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Ogrun Bokur [5]

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

Tell me about your Nemo 3 experiences because he seems a lot more useful than in Mk2.

Magnetic Field is what you need. Stopping pushes, knockdown, places and slam movement shuts down so many assassinations. Electrify helps keeps our fragile jacks alive or slap it on a Stormblade/Stormlances for even greater times.

He needs Reinholdt as his attachment choice. Being able to shoot twice or let everyone ignore stealth is huge.

Feat is still baller since you only need to get friendly models in your control range to get that bonus die. With a Firefly it gets stupid for damage.

Stormstrider should be an auto include. It loves what you need to take with Nemo and if you manage to get some power tokens you'll be smashing stuff with POW 15-17 on 4d6.

I'm still iffy on the rest of her battlegroup. I want to put a Hurricane in there but I also want Dynamo and points disappear fast.

Here is my current list;

War Room Army

Cygnar - Nemo3

Theme: No Theme Selected
74 / 75 Army

Artificer General Nemo - WJ: +25
- Storm Chaser Finch
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Firefly - PC: 8

Storm Strider - PC: 18

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8

Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: PC 20

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Dynamo losing set defense made me very upset.

e: For that list I would drop the Stormblade entirely, add a Journeyman and put one of the Fireflies on it. That buys you an Ironclad. Or spend those points on utility solos or something - heck even the Storm Tower, that thing is legit now for only 4 points.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 17, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

S.J. posted:

Nah, you don't need another choir, though you might find two min units more useful than one max. I would, though, try to add mechanics and maybe wracks.

My experience with Mechanics in Mk3 is that they die uselessly every time. The loss of Iron Sentinel and 4 HP makes it real hard to keep them alive so that they can actually do some repairing - Especially since you need to keep them close to the front so that they can actually repair. :shrug:

quote:

But it looks okay to me. Any particular reason why you have Taryn in the Kreoss list though?

Shadow Fire. My friends like hiding their Casters behind colossals when I bring Kreoss.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

Dynamo losing set defense made me very upset.

e: For that list I would drop the Stormblade entirely, add a Journeyman and put one of the Fireflies on it. That buys you an Ironclad. Or spend those points on utility solos or something - heck even the Storm Tower, that thing is legit now for only 4 points.

Tried Storm Tower twice now and it's just not getting enough done. Not happy with it so its sitting out.

I like the Stormlances with Nemo since they hit really hard and poo poo even more lightning everywhere. Plus they resolve the speed issue that Nemo has, since he has no innate way to increase threat range. ARM 19 with 5 boxes is hard to chew through and ensures I'll get them where I need them.

If they flounder I'll take you up on those ideas though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Tried Storm Tower twice now and it's just not getting enough done. Not happy with it so its sitting out.

I like the Stormlances with Nemo since they hit really hard and poo poo even more lightning everywhere. Plus they resolve the speed issue that Nemo has, since he has no innate way to increase threat range. ARM 19 with 5 boxes is hard to chew through and ensures I'll get them where I need them.

If they flounder I'll take you up on those ideas though.

Drop the Stormblades, not the Storm Lances. Storm Lances are loving golden. And even then it's not like you have to, I just really think Arcane Shield is super valuable still and his feat will still affect a Firefly on the journeyman so it's not much of an opportunity loss on the extra focus.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

Drop the Stormblades, not the Storm Lances. Storm Lances are loving golden. And even then it's not like you have to, I just really think Arcane Shield is super valuable still and his feat will still affect a Firefly on the journeyman so it's not much of an opportunity loss on the extra focus.

A local is playing I think basically this list and has done very well with it (got 1st in the last steamroller). Not sure on the whole thing, but I know it's Reinholdt, Storm Strider, Dynamo, Thunderhead, Lances, Laddermore, Jr with Firefly, storm tower as the core. It can do a stupid amount of damage

Edit: Turns out that's exactly 75 pts. I guess I do remember it all.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

A local is playing I think basically this list and has done very well with it (got 1st in the last steamroller). Not sure on the whole thing, but I know it's Reinholdt, Storm Strider, Dynamo, Thunderhead, Lances, Laddermore, Jr with Firefly, storm tower as the core. It can do a stupid amount of damage

Edit: Turns out that's exactly 75 pts. I guess I do remember it all.

Yeah that's basically the list I had been theorcrafting, just haven't gotten it to the table yet.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
What could I add to a Sorsha 1 battlebox to make a fun 75point list. I'm thinking Behemoth, Eliminators and Rifle Corp? Anything else work?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Serotonin posted:

What could I add to a Sorsha 1 battlebox to make a fun 75point list. I'm thinking Behemoth, Eliminators and Rifle Corp? Anything else work?

As many Winter Guard Rocketeers as possible. Also Field Guns. Stationary + Knockdown is great.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Serotonin posted:

Widowmakers and Alten Ashley means you can snipe out spirit or cortex, grevious them, and then freeze em for a real big gently caress you.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Yeah those were my thoughts. Glad to know I was on right track

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oh yeah forgot about that. Please do that.

Kortsu
Jan 16, 2004
I've been out of the game for a year or two now, kind of want to give it another go. I have a decent army of Khador and Trollbloods.

For khador, it always made me sad that you never brought more than 1 or 2 jacks, butcher and karchev have always been my favorites there, even if they weren't always the most effective in mkII

FOr trollbloods, I haven't really narrowed down a favorite caster, but if I had to narrow it down to a couple, I liked gunnbjorn and ironhide.

I've got a pretty sizeable collection of models from each army and am not opposed to buying a couple more to round things out. I'm really just looking for some advice on list building with those guys as I have not poured over the mkIII book to compare every rule difference, mostly I've just compared the old cards and new cards some.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean Khador can kinda just take whatever the gently caress and be alright

Trolls I can't help with much but both Madrak's are good and Madrak 2 is batshit loving crazy

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I liked it better when I was an edgy outsider who didn't care about pleb poo poo like 'winning games' because I ran Khador.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

fnordcircle posted:

I liked it better when I was an edgy outsider who didn't care about pleb poo poo like 'winning games' because I ran Khador.

Yeah I've been getting a lot of poo poo for posting khador mk3 from a few Cryx players

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 17, 2016

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I faced a Karchev list with 7 Bezerkers, Behemoth and a Destroyer on Sunday. poo poo looked intimidating.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

w00tmonger posted:

Yeah I've been getting a lot of poo poo for posting khador mk3 from a few Cryx players

Good. Drink in their tears.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

S.J. posted:

Good. Drink in their tears.

Agreed. Im also loving all the Retribroken salt thats being thrown about.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I hated Cygnar and Retribution in Mk2 so my hatred is pure and not mere sour grapes.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Pretend the label says "Cryx Tears"

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Taking this Aiakos list to a 35 pt rumble tourney this weekend because he's cool and good and Cryx is still cool and good :c00l:

Aiakos
-Kraken
-Deathripper
Bloodgorgers (max)
Slaughterborn

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So I'm looking at Vindictus (shut up) and I have a dumb question. True Path says you get the movement bump 'when advancing as part of their normal movement' and Pathfinder. I'm guessing that a charge doesn't count as normal movement? Does a run?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

evenworse username posted:

So I'm looking at Vindictus (shut up) and I have a dumb question. True Path says you get the movement bump 'when advancing as part of their normal movement' and Pathfinder. I'm guessing that a charge doesn't count as normal movement? Does a run?

A charge does count as using normal movement, so does a run. So True Path will benefit both. (Edit: For reference, you can use your Normal Movement to Aim, Make a Full Advance, Run or Charge)

Also, Vinny D is actually a reasonable choice in MK3. Getting his old feat turned into a spell and receiving a good feat is a pretty nice buff.

CaptCommy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Rad, that's better than I thought then. I guess the spell is disallowing stuff like Reposition then? (I am now uncertain what *isn't* Normal Movement, haha)

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Rad, that's better than I thought then. I guess the spell is disallowing stuff like Reposition then? (I am now uncertain what *isn't* Normal Movement, haha)

Normal movement is any movement that happens in the movement phase of a models activation. Reposition is outside of this so it doesn't get the bonus.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

There are probably several examples, but the easiest go-to would be something like Counter Charge or Admonition that provides out-of-activation advances.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Reposition is not normal movement, nor is sprint. Just that block of activation where you say "I activate, that unit advances/charges/tramples/runs, and then..."

And yeah, Vindictus is awesome, and will be awesomer when the KE UA drops in a month. Delivering her with his feat and a speed buff is insane.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Hello friends. I'm looking to expand my Skorne from the battle box and I like the Aradus warbeasts. Are they secretly awful or should I buy some and some Karax and Ferox, or as I like to call them catvalry?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Softface posted:

Hello friends. I'm looking to expand my Skorne from the battle box and I like the Aradus warbeasts. Are they secretly awful or should I buy some and some Karax and Ferox, or as I like to call them catvalry?

The Sentinel got kind of punched in the gut but can still be useful vs Hordes or certain infantry heavy, say, Khador lists. The Soldier can still hit like a truck and has chain weapons for hands which is pretty sweet against things like Templars and Centurions that people will be running plenty of, but I think he 100% needs to be played with a caster that has a speed buff on their spell list or a really solid defensive feat to keep him alive. They certainly seem playable to me (someone else can chime in, they aren't at Archidon levels at least). Generally speaking people prefer the Cannoneer over the sentinel because he's good at killing anything you aim him at though.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Had one of those "Huh, I guess you can do that" moments tonight.

Amon vs Nemo (the one with the boosted electrical damage feat). Amon is sitting nice and snug behind three shield guards, with three focus camped. I think he's safe.

Nope. Nemo's Stormwall drops a lightning pod right next to him, and then proceeds to loving nuke the pod with like six electroleap attacks, which all hit easily because of it's pitiful defense, and absolutely fry Amon and his pitiful armor of 14.

I like how I keep finding out about new, creative ways of murdering the other dudes even after playing for a year. :shobon:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Softface posted:

The soldier is a solid solid beast. He's slow but thats the biggest complaint.

The sentinel, well yeah. The guy needs a little help.

I am of the camp that you will probably get more use across all of your armies with the karax and ferox. But none of them loom aa cool as the bugs.

My suggestion woild be to magnetize your bugs that way if the sentinel ever gets a buff you can be all set.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

The cannoneer and sentinel switched usefulness for mk3. You used to see only sentinels and the cannoneer got the scoff of "why not just use a sentinel?" Now it's backwards.

And ferox own now. Get them and bloodrunners.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

susan posted:

And yeah, Vindictus is awesome, and will be awesomer when the KE UA drops in a month. Delivering her with his feat and a speed buff is insane.

He's always been one of my faves. I just need to get some mk3 games in with him that aren't against Ret jack gunlines goddamn it to make his feat do something.

The nerf to Zealots has hurt quite a bit - whether it's worth taking them to take advantage of his special abilities is very much on the fence now. I think I'll probably skip them.

The hardest problem with him is getting his upkeeps out - if you do true path turn 1 you only get one of defender's ward and penitence, and it'll depend entirely on what you're up against. Sometimes you might want to skip true path but I suspect that'll be rare - he's now our best caster for locking people out of zones so it's hard to pass it up.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
My plan is to try a min unit of Zealots to be his entourage and get Call to Sacrificed but it might not end up being worth the points I guess.

Trying to figure what the best jacks will be to take advantage of Admonition.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I think zealots are paperweights, which is a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

PaintVagrant posted:

I think zealots are paperweights, which is a bummer.

I'm not using them for anything else yet but I figure it's worth a shot having them basically be extra hit points for Vindictus.