Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Turn 4) I'm just a mage...
Turn 5) I'm just a mage...
Turn 6) I'm just a mage...

Who needs Daria anyways?

quote:

Think I'm an old fool, you little whippersnapper? Well, you're right... I'm an ancient mage, and miserable to boot!

Well, gently caress you too and that piercing rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Awesome! posted:

the new list is using luxwing reno, veteran tamer and valhallan general but i dont know how refined it is yet

i added in some veteran tamers by reducing the early game wards and the 2 drop one that does the same thing, didn't include luxwing as it seems to be another 2 drop and the deck is already cluttered with two drops and its a bit slow

Edit: valhallan general also doesn't seem as good as winged sentinel garuda, unless its a one of, as winged sentinel doubles as both a countdown reducer and burst lethal whereas the Rush on valhallan is removal so the +3+3 is all you're looking at

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the (2) generals do not replace garuda they are in addition. always 3 garudas in storm.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Awesome! posted:

the (2) generals do not replace garuda they are in addition. always 3 garudas in storm.

link the deck list?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

http://game-ai.jp/22175/

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I never thought I'd see Luxwing get used because Mainyu was so often a free win against Dshift, but with Dshift on the shelf, Mainyu only really hoses Night Horde and Whole Souled Swing

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
They say the 7th of the same legendary you open is always animated.

Or I like to. Aurelia go away, I'm trying to open some Ancient Elves or Gabriels.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

aurelia is the worst legendary to get animated because you cant see poo poo under all her effects.

its nice to look at in the collection though :3:

ninja edit: eidolon probably really bad too lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

They snap conceded.

Not visible: another minion with 1hp

Lid fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 3, 2017

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

What would be the best direction to take with these legendaries? I tend to be a control or ramp player.

You have gotten some good advice about specific decks; I am too much of a newbie still to have much else in the way of specific deck advice.

What I did was take the default decks, copy them, throw in any class or neutral legendaries I had (I started with 2x Dark Angel Olivia and 1x Odin, both useful in any deck), then just start doing the stories and ranked matches for dailies and monthly rewards. When I got new cards and packs or found that particular things weren't working, I'd adjust and go.

You can easily get winstreaks going in the D ranks with what you have (especially that broad a selection) and that will get you moving along. Sure, optimal forest decks are going to need more than a single Ancient Elf, but a single one early on is still going to be likely to force a disproportionate response from bad players or the CPU, which puts you ahead.

In less than a month I have gotten into the C ranks without netdecking, so just driving in and playing games will get you into the specific flow quickly enough.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tortolia posted:

You have gotten some good advice about specific decks; I am too much of a newbie still to have much else in the way of specific deck advice.

What I did was take the default decks, copy them, throw in any class or neutral legendaries I had (I started with 2x Dark Angel Olivia and 1x Odin, both useful in any deck), then just start doing the stories and ranked matches for dailies and monthly rewards. When I got new cards and packs or found that particular things weren't working, I'd adjust and go.

You can easily get winstreaks going in the D ranks with what you have (especially that broad a selection) and that will get you moving along. Sure, optimal forest decks are going to need more than a single Ancient Elf, but a single one early on is still going to be likely to force a disproportionate response from bad players or the CPU, which puts you ahead.

In less than a month I have gotten into the C ranks without netdecking, so just driving in and playing games will get you into the specific flow quickly enough.

I'm at C0 since posting that this morning, at low levels Storm Haven runs over everything except Aggro Forest and the few running Daria Shift. Even Daria Shift sometimes falls apart as they have a tendency to burn removal just for spellboosts early and run out of steam, and no way to deal with amulets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Clarste posted:

Of the pre-built decks, I think only Forest, Sword, and maybe Shadow if you squint are great value. The other decks don't actually rely on their legendary cards all that much to succeed, or maybe only one of the legendaries from the pre-built decks.

Golds are a thing too, I guess, but it's really not that hard to craft them even as a new player. And probably more immediately valuable than crafting legendaries anyway. With some exceptions.
Shadow's ridiculous value. Cerberus, Lord of the Flies, Death's Breath, Phantom Howl, is 8600 vials of cards you won't have to craft that you'll absolutely want. It's better value than the daily deal by a large margin.

The precons are all better value than the daily deal if there's even one legendary in there that you plan on crafting.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, ramp dragon with Sahaquiel combos is really fun to play but bats, those rear end in a top hat bats. Everybody is playing aggro blood and god save your soul if you don't have a good 2 drop because I have had perfect anti-aggro draws and I've still lost. And I am talking "kill all five bats for 2 mana then drop a ward" kind of anti-aggro.

There are even aggro-control blood decks that somehow manage to draw 100% aggro on the first 4 turns then 100% control on the next five.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

trucutru posted:

There are even aggro-control blood decks that somehow manage to draw 100% aggro on the first 4 turns then 100% control on the next five.

My Midrange Blood deck is guilty of doing this, and rarely bricks draws. Once I've mooched off some more Master points I'll share the code. It handles Aggro Blood and Daria Rune really well, while still having the ability to run down DShift, Elana's and Ramp Dragon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Man, ramp dragon with Sahaquiel combos is really fun to play but bats, those rear end in a top hat bats. Everybody is playing aggro blood and god save your soul if you don't have a good 2 drop because I have had perfect anti-aggro draws and I've still lost. And I am talking "kill all five bats for 2 mana then drop a ward" kind of anti-aggro.

Yeah Yurias is the first card that really bums me out because it's an unanswerable (for most classes) card that snowballs damage like HS because it comes out pre-evo. Blood needed anti-fairy tech, no question, but the card punishes almost everything.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

My Midrange Blood deck is guilty of doing this, and rarely bricks draws. Once I've mooched off some more Master points I'll share the code. It handles Aggro Blood and Daria Rune really well, while still having the ability to run down DShift, Elana's and Ramp Dragon.

Can't wait to see it. My mid blood's still doing well but I'm not nearly as confident on the aggro bat matchup as you seem to be with yours. Still putting up busted winrates in A3 though. Looking forward to AA!

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
After Bahamut launched, I've been working on making a new version of Blood Control. I've gone 5 and 2 so far with it against two aggro bloods (1 and 1), two swords (1 and 1), Mid blood (win), Forest that I burned to death on turn 5, and Follower Rune (win).

I'm running:

2x Unicorn Dancer Unica
3x Blood Wolf
3x Yurius, Levin Duke
3x Blood Pact
3x Razory Claw
3x Sadistic Night
3x Dire Bond
3x Righteous Devil
3x Crimson Purge
3x Bloody Mary
3x Diabolic Drain
3x Queen Vampire
1x Alucard
3x Revelation
1x Temptress Vampire

I'm wondering if I should add more drain/regen/healing in exchange for some removal. I found that Vania was pulling around as much damage overall as Yurius, and Yurius doesn't fill the deck with near-useless (without Vania) bat generators. Any other suggestions?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

No Wave posted:

Yeah Yurias is the first card that really bums me out because it's an unanswerable (for most classes) card that snowballs damage like HS because it comes out pre-evo. Blood needed anti-fairy tech, no question, but the card punishes almost everything.

There's quite a few 3 PP spells that can deal with Yurias enough (Pact of the neithergod, art of the ninja) but spending 3 PP to deal with a 2 PP minion doesn't sound like a valuable trade.

I've brought in blitz lancer in sword to deal with him since I still have a 3/1 body afterward he's killed. My 1 and 2 drops are then free to clear the board or go face.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

Shadow's ridiculous value. Cerberus, Lord of the Flies, Death's Breath, Phantom Howl, is 8600 vials of cards you won't have to craft that you'll absolutely want. It's better value than the daily deal by a large margin.

The precons are all better value than the daily deal if there's even one legendary in there that you plan on crafting.

Individually the cards have great value, but so far there hasn't been a great DECK to go with them. Maybe that's changed in the expansion, but none of those cards except Death's Breath really have any synergy with the new high-value Last Word stuff. I suppose that may not matter at all though.

Edit: I mean, Lord of the Flies is theoretically a good control card, but control Shadow wasn't being run that often. Or if it was it wasn't particularly successful.

Edit2: Also every single precon deck is a great deal compared to the Daily Deal, I think. Even if you just liquify them completely. I wasn't aware we were comparing it to that.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 3, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lord Ephraim posted:

There's quite a few 3 PP spells that can deal with Yurias enough (Pact of the neithergod, art of the ninja) but spending 3 PP to deal with a 2 PP minion doesn't sound like a valuable trade.

I've brought in blitz lancer in sword to deal with him since I still have a 3/1 body afterward he's killed. My 1 and 2 drops are then free to clear the board or go face.
I was thinking about blitz lancer today for that exact reason. The issue and where Yurius is completely nasty is more blood going first tbh (which is what i meant by on curve but i should have elaborated)

Clarste posted:

Individually the cards have great value, but so far there hasn't been a great DECK to go with them. Maybe that's changed in the expansion, but none of those cards except Death's Breath really have any synergy with the new high-value Last Word stuff. I suppose that may not matter at all though.

Edit: I mean, Lord of the Flies is theoretically a good control card, but control Shadow wasn't being run that often. Or if it was it wasn't particularly successful.

Edit2: Also every single precon deck is a great deal compared to the Daily Deal, I think. Even if you just liquify them completely. I wasn't aware we were comparing it to that.
I mean what else is there to compare crystal purchases to, $ means different things to different people. Cerberus is also likely to be run in last word decks for the same reason forte is run in ramp and levi is run in everything... People have gotten crazy hype about Nepthys for some reason, there's very little chance it would cause you to stop running shadow's best card

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 3, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

I mean what else is there to compare crystal purchases to, $ means different things to different people. Cerberus is also likely to be run in last word decks for the same reason forte is run in ramp and levi is run in everything... People have gotten crazy hype about Nepthys for some reason, there's very little chance it would cause you to stop running shadow's best card

You might be running Cerberus, but you probably won't be running Lord of the Flies. Which means it's only as good as the Dragon precon (which has Forte).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Control shadow's a passable (and fun) deck outside of the higher ranks and I run into LotF a lot, more than meemes these days

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think Khawy is better in a control deck, even without Nep, and you don't want too many 7 cost followers weighing you down.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

I think Khawy is better in a control deck, even without Nep, and you don't want too many 7 cost followers weighing you down.
Def possible, that guy's a megafucker

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006
I managed to put together a almost complete mid-range sword deck. I'm missing one legendary, so I put in prince of darkness for kicks.

The minions you pull from the Armageddon deck are like woah

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Paradoxically, cool rear end cards like COC, Bahamut, and Servant of Darkness are proof that the devs are committed to ending most games before turn 9

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kilano posted:

I managed to put together a almost complete mid-range sword deck. I'm missing one legendary, so I put in prince of darkness for kicks.

The minions you pull from the Armageddon deck are like woah

I put a Call of Cocytus into my Shadowcraft deck to play around with it. First game I got to use it in was against a Haven player who had Prince of Darkness in their deck for some reason. I blew up their prince and next round used the Servant of Darkness to stomp them to death. It was an odd round.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006
yeah i had to slowplay my hand in order to get it out. Even the competitive games end around turn 8.

I'm still in beginner tier so maybe the control decks get stronger

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Control decks are basically held in check by Dshift and Seraph. So if they ever get popular, those decks will pop up more often to stop them.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 4, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are tons of players dying to force endless 2x olivia control sword games on us and the devs do everything to stop this madness by giving control decks turn 9 end the game cards

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Aggro decks are also favored because you can just load the deck with cheapish cards and never have to worry about getting unplayable hands. There's... basically no reason to make a control deck except for fun.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

Aggro decks are also favored because you can just load the deck with cheapish cards and never have to worry about getting unplayable hands. There's... basically no reason to make a control deck except for fun.

My only loss so far was against blood who got 3 board clears and I ran out of cards :(

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I keep trying to reroll for a decent Cerberus start and end up with nonsense like this :negative:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Clarste posted:

Control decks are basically held in check by Dshift and Seraph. So if they ever get popular, those decks will pop up more often to stop them.

But in the meantime I'm enjoying my slow as poo poo Shadow Control where I get to play the drat carrot 5-7 times in a match.

I don't know if Nepthys would make it any faster, but I'm doing alright against Daria decks, and Kahwy kinda shits all over dshift. It's garbage against Seraph, but I've only seen one seraph deck since the new set came out.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

Yeah it's kind of gross that aggro blood never have bad turn 1-4 turns because of how low their curve is. Almost all of their 1 and 2 drops can contribute immediately: ambling wraith, razor claw, blood wolf, Yurias, Vania, Summon bloodkin. It's up to the opponent to not brick for the first three turns or they lose. It just grates me that they always have demonic storm on turn 6 no matter what. Do you keep that poo poo in your hand at the start or what?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol yeah i keep a 6 cost in my opening aggro bat hands

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

But in the meantime I'm enjoying my slow as poo poo Shadow Control where I get to play the drat carrot 5-7 times in a match.

I don't know if Nepthys would make it any faster, but I'm doing alright against Daria decks, and Kahwy kinda shits all over dshift. It's garbage against Seraph, but I've only seen one seraph deck since the new set came out.

I think Nephthys going to be a terrible card, so probably not. To make her have good value on average, you'd need to sacrifice so much reliability against aggro.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 4, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Coincidentally Demonic Strike has been the card that came into my opening hand via mulligan three games in a row

e: four games in a row

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 4, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just saw this on reddit. such justice lmao

http://webm.land/media/Li2V.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

rip in bahamuts