Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So, upgrading 4* to 5* is just ridiculously grindy? Where do I get the better badges (since 20,000 feathers is insane)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Louisgod posted:

Extremely stupid question but do your characters permanently die when they lose all their HP?

Also how are some of you level 20+ jesus this game just came out like four days ago. You dropping $50 a day or something?

My party is 25/23/23/21 after finally settling on a reroll yesterday and all I did was use 3 (iirc) of the free Stamina refills. I've beaten all missions except 9-5 on Normal and the first 5 chapters (except the x-5 missions since I can't do the quests yet) on Hard. Didn't spend a single cent. Iupgraded my castle to 140% pretty early and further upped it to 180% when my party was level 16ish.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

But my device is not and never has been rooted, I've never had a reason to root. I just got hit for no reason. It's insanely stupid and no one actually knows what this bug is.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Camilla is flying, and is green. Which means archers and red units(the most popular kind) are strong to her. Not to mention that she gets a speed debuff on defense. Very, very lackluster.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Game is fun, but not reinstall every day due to the 803-3001 error fun.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
this thread moves medium fast and i'm basically being chain probated but they figured out how stats work, i think maybe this was alraedy posted? but if not, this is how stat growth works in FE:H

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NGsdi5Wn_eHNA7jRGWinhqPMjeeB-6XuJXlVEk7XYAo/

"The way it works is that every hero has the exact same base stats, but with a bonus to one stat, and a penalty to one other. The +/- amount seems to vary a bit, depending on the stat, the hero, and whether it's + or -, but is completely consistent."

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I've done 4 full summons and only have one 5 star (Linde) and no good red units.

I feel like this game does not really teach you what is good or not.

I will say my 5* Linde pretty much wrecks poo poo.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 5, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Phyresis posted:

this thread moves medium fast and i'm basically being chain probated but they figured out how stats work, i think maybe this was alraedy posted? but if not, this is how stat growth works in FE:H

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NGsdi5Wn_eHNA7jRGWinhqPMjeeB-6XuJXlVEk7XYAo/

"The way it works is that every hero has the exact same base stats, but with a bonus to one stat, and a penalty to one other. The +/- amount seems to vary a bit, depending on the stat, the hero, and whether it's + or -, but is completely consistent."

My two Lucinas are identical apart from one having like 8 more defence at level 22.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Not sure if this has been said but you can have duplicate units on teams. I pulled two 5* Ryomas and they are amazing at wrecking poo poo.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

I've done 4 full summons and only have one 5 star (Linde) and no good red units.

I feel like this game does not really teach you what is good or not.

I will say my 5* Linde pretty much wrecks poo poo.

Count yourself lucky. I can't get a blue 5 star unit, and am suffering immensely because of it. Red is easy because like 6 of the 8 focus heroes are red. Just make sure to summon a few times when you get 20 orbs before the current banner ends.

Haroshia posted:

Not sure if this has been said but you can have duplicate units on teams. I pulled two 5* Ryomas and they are amazing at wrecking poo poo.

Yeah, this was near the top of the Heroes subreddit:

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 5, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

My two Lucinas are identical apart from one having like 8 more defence at level 22.

It evens out at 40 where the variations are fixed into archetypes. One of your Lucinas may have the +def -atk (or whatever) archetype and the other one could be the opposite. Either way it appears they end up with the same totals.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

I linked my account but didn't get any orbs for it. Is there another step I have to do?

There is, if I remember correctly it's on the nintendo account website side.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got 4* Serra, Effie, Sully and Gwendolyn. I imagine Serra being the real prize. I also got 3* Palla but who cares

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This is going to sound dumb as all hell but how do you get points in the Arena? Is it only after you win 7 times in a row?
I haven't been keeping track but I have 1602 points and it hasn't changed over the last 4 wins I got.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

BambooEarpick posted:

This is going to sound dumb as all hell but how do you get points in the Arena? Is it only after you win 7 times in a row?
I haven't been keeping track but I have 1602 points and it hasn't changed over the last 4 wins I got.

(max) 7 games are a "run" and you try to score as highly as you can until your first loss. Your highscore is 1602 and your current run hasn't beaten that yet.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

BambooEarpick posted:

In addition to what Katana said, the harder the opponent, the more points you get. Your opponent's strength is determined by your own character's strength, so if you have 4 5* level 40 heroes, you will earn a lot more than if you have all level 1 1* heroes.

Also, there is a modifier for using the promoted characters.

1 character = 2x points
2 characters = 2.3x points
3 character = 2.6x points
4 characters = 3x points

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Ahh, ok. Thanks. I thought it was cumulative score but it's based on a full "run." Got it.

Edit: If you lose does it automatically reset your run? Or do you just have to play 6 games that don't matter since your score isn't going to get the bonus?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What on earth do these Badges do? I can't even find where they are tracked in game.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im hurting for green units in a 5 star sense; should I bump up Nino sheena or Cecilia to 5

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Camilla's been the mvp for me, but I'm still finishing up hard at chapter 6 so maybe that changes.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

What on earth do these Badges do? I can't even find where they are tracked in game.

They, in combination with feathers, are for upgrading units. There's a "miscellaneous" tab on the bottom of the screen that will let you find your inventory.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game LOVES giving me 5 star sword people and not the things I'm actually looking for. I have Lyn, Lucina, and Corrin.. and I guess Cain would technically count too. Who the hell should I focus on?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Herbotron posted:

They, in combination with feathers, are for upgrading units. There's a "miscellaneous" tab on the bottom of the screen that will let you find your inventory.

19,700 Feathers???? The gently caress?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

New Leaf posted:

This game LOVES giving me 5 star sword people and not the things I'm actually looking for. I have Lyn, Lucina, and Corrin.. and I guess Cain would technically count too. Who the hell should I focus on?

Lyn is the strongest of basically all sword wielders in the game because she gets Galeforce and hits absurdly hard beyond that. Lucina's solid because she has an auto-heal and tears up dragons like Marth. Corrin is just alright. He doesn't get any interesting abilities and simply hits hard like every other 5* sword dude. Cain is another basic sword guy like Corrin. He gets Brave Sword, which gives him double attack.

I wish I had your problem because Marth, while great, has been my only 5* pull as of now.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 5, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: thread updated on me, nevermind

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Come on, are people seriously bitching about this still? Why would you be able to max out your character on week 1? If you don't roll a 5 star it should be something to strive for, not an entitlement.

No, it's not so much that It would take time, its the sheer ridiculous idea that I have 20 feathers and I need close to 20,000. It's pretty bad optics on a F2P game because it makes it seem that I'll never reach it.

It would make way more sense to have feathers be rare as gently caress and have less of them.

Also bitching in the thread works, because I just scrapped together 20 orbs clearing some hard dungeons and I rolled a Leo. :smuggo:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lyn is the strongest of basically all sword wielders in the game because she gets Galeforce and hits absurdly hard beyond that. Lucina's solid because she has an auto-heal and tears up dragons like Marth. Corrin is just alright. He doesn't get any interesting abilities and simply hits hard like every other 5* sword dude. Cain is another basic sword guy like Corrin. He gets Brave Sword, which gives him double attack.

I wish I had your problem because Marth, while great, has been my only 5* pull as of now.

Thanks! Lyn was my earliest, so she's already my strongest. I'll put Lucina in a B-team for fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

No, it's not so much that It would take time, its the sheer ridiculous idea that I have 20 feathers and I need close to 20,000. It's pretty bad optics on a F2P game because it makes it seem that I'll never reach it.

It would make way more sense to have feathers be rare as gently caress and have less of them.

Also bitching in the thread works, because I just scrapped together 20 orbs clearing some hard dungeons and I rolled a Leo. :smuggo:

drat someone saw that haha.. I deleted it because I was being overly critical, but I imagine it will be balanced over time, but I understand why it is the way it is now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

With arena rewards and occasionally sending some of your units home, it should take about 3 weeks to a month to get to 20k stars, which I don't think is too much to ask for a 5 star.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so who are the best healers atm

game dropped 4* lissa and azama on me even though i've been rolling with 4* serra

also is olivia any good? got a 4* version of her as well

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

General Morden posted:

so who are the best healers atm

game dropped 4* lissa and azama on me even though i've been rolling with 4* serra

also is olivia any good? got a 4* version of her as well

Serra's attack buff puts her at the top, imo.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wrys heals himself as well with every heal, has a massive heal if under a certain threshold, and a group heal as a special ability. His attack also slows enemies by quite a bit. He's pretty handy. Olivia is good too but I have a hard time slotting her in anywhere.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Terper posted:

With arena rewards and occasionally sending some of your units home, it should take about 3 weeks to a month to get to 20k stars, which I don't think is too much to ask for a 5 star.

It kinda is though in a gacha game. I'm a sucker for these lovely games, and that's a really long time because they're designed around power creep. Some of them get around it by letting you promote certain units to keep them relevant, or by letting you grind to poo poo CERTAIN units to make them useful. I've had it happen often where I'll spend a week or two promoting a unit in these other games, only for a lucky pull or a new evolution to make them less relevant. I don't feel that bad though if it's a week or two of grind.

Spending a month or two though on a unit only to turn out they don't fit in the meta or to replace them with a new lucky pull would suck rear end. It doesn't look good at this stage in the game, and may turn off a lot of people early on. It doesn't do a good job of hiding the "we want the whales" mentality all of these games have.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Robin seems to be really strong. Having advantage on colorless is awesome.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Agoat posted:

Robin seems to be really strong. Having advantage on colorless is awesome.

On the one hand yes he (or she) is. On the other you can pull them at 3*.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
I really wish I could just spend silver coins on feathers.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I got a 4* Azama and I always put him on my team. Besides the heals he has a skill that if he has been in ranged combat he will take 10 health of the enemy after the battle. This can't kill enemies, it will just leave them at 1 hp, making him excellent to feed kills to underleveled characters. It helps that he can take a beating if he is a couple levels ahead of the enemies.

I imagine eventually he'll taper off and the 10 damage will have less and less impact, but thus far he has been grand.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Serra has the most reliable attack buff because she auto-buffs everyone each turn. Serra is also a surprisingly adept attacker on her own. Elise gets a great attack buff though slightly less reliable, but also heals herself each team she heals. Maria basically never dies and is a healing monster. Clarine is a strong debuffer and she's also a magical girl which is a huge plus.

Every other healer is usable, but either significantly less reliable or has weaker skills overall. Like Lissa is fine, but she's a less good Serra. Same deal with Wrys, who is straight up Elise but really weak.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 5, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Holy poo poo, Leo is loving crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
also is it worth it to level up/promote this 3* robin that I got