Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

so apparently phorde is hard, for-reals-no-bluetral resetting GOTG because we cut a deal with them

how could they possibly think that fighting among themselves was the way to victory :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

so apparently phorde is hard, for-reals-no-bluetral resetting GOTG because we cut a deal with them

how could they possibly think that fighting among themselves was the way to victory :laffo:

Maybe it's not about "winning" maybe just maybe its about fighting and fun????

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

working mom posted:

source your quotes

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

source your quotes

Sorry you get most of your enjoyment out of watching numbers go up like a multiplayer version of factorio

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

working mom posted:

Sorry you get most of your enjoyment out of watching numbers go up like a multiplayer version of factorio

Numbers going up is the cornerstone of good game design.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

working mom posted:

factorio has multiplayer :cmon:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

working mom posted:

Yes, exactly, it's fun when people we don't like fight each other

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol if you expect anyone to know about that poo poo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

working mom posted:

numbers go up OR down

love to make numbers go down, and there are so many numbers applicable to horde that would be fun to make go down

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

Numbers going up is the cornerstone of good game design.

It explain why swarm simulation can be so addicting

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I mean that just kind of confirms it, sorry for the 'tism

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

working mom posted:

I mean that just kind of confirms it, sorry for the 'tism

people who post in threads about and play eve online do not get to nerd shame anyone, you threw that poo poo (away) before you walked in the room

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

people who post in threads about and play eve online do not get to nerd shame anyone, you threw that poo poo (away) before you walked in the room

I mean it's one of the last fun things to do in this game sooo..

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries
So after many years away due to poo poo, I logged in for the first time last night. After finding all my ships and stuff gone I located it in process of being safely shipped somewhere to low sec. It has 17 days to go, if I upgrade to Omega does that speed it up at all or do I just have to wait?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Die Zombie Die posted:

So after many years away due to poo poo, I logged in for the first time last night. After finding all my ships and stuff gone I located it in process of being safely shipped somewhere to low sec. It has 17 days to go, if I upgrade to Omega does that speed it up at all or do I just have to wait?

You are going to be waiting regardless of your account status. May as well wait to resub.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Die Zombie Die posted:

You just gotta wait, and it'll cost 15% of the value of the assets to get it out of hock once it lands.

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries
Well poo poo. I guess I can just create a new character and learn all the new stuff in the game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

:alexa:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Did someone break the truce?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

notaspy posted:

Did someone break the truce?

this is us moving our poo poo back to delve

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

this is us moving our poo poo back to delve

holy poo poo. So many titans.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Die Zombie Die posted:

that's just the armor fleet. Shield fleet still at home

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Die Zombie Die posted:

it turns out the thing we and everyone were missing for like six years was that instead of instinctively making GBS threads on people who want to mine, you just had to treat them sort of like human beings

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess people finally listened to the opening and closing paragraphs of every CEO update and finally trained titans

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it turns out the thing we and everyone were missing for like six years was that instead of instinctively making GBS threads on people who want to mine, you just had to treat them sort of like human beings

thats not it. you treat them like valuable livestock

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

thats not it. you treat them like valuable livestock

i don't understand the difference

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yes...human beings...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Addamere posted:

I guess people finally listened to the opening and closing paragraphs of every CEO update and finally trained titans

im training my third titan right now

i still remember that back when i was a wee newbie the goonwiki entry on each titan included "you will never fly one"

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

evilweasel posted:

im training my third titan right now

i still remember that back when i was a wee newbie the goonwiki entry on each titan included "you will never fly one"

i remember when BoB declared war on and eradicated that one corp purely because they were the first to build one

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries

Rhopunzel posted:

i remember when BoB declared war on and eradicated that one corp purely because they were the first to build one

ASCN, I was there for that on the ASCN side. CYVOK was an idiot who did not understand game mechanics.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Die Zombie Die posted:

ASCN, I was there for that on the ASCN side. CYVOK was an idiot who did not understand game mechanics.

Yet strangely enough, through roundabout reasoning and cause/effect, if he hadn't made Molle butthurt by being the first to build one, it wouldn't have created the vacuum in Feyth we temporarily filled when ASCN got rolled, which put us in a decent strategic position to headshot Delve. If he hadn't, we'd likely have never left Detorid.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yet strangely enough, through roundabout reasoning and cause/effect, if he hadn't made Molle butthurt by being the first to build one, it wouldn't have created the vacuum in Feyth we temporarily filled when ASCN got rolled, which put us in a decent strategic position to headshot Delve. If he hadn't, we'd likely have never left Detorid.

I mean it helped that you fuckers decided to flip the map right side up too.

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries

BIG HEADLINE posted:

ASCN and BoB was an odd relationship. A lot of rumors about that little conflict between them at the time. When BoB decided to destroy Goons, ASCN and the rest of the south at the time were with them until that whole little conflict changed everything. ASCN leadership at the time was proclaiming soon BoB would be leaving EVE to play Pirates of the Burning Sea and a few weeks later it all crumbled away. ASCN was barely able to put up a fight.

I had so many drat bookmarks back then, it was nice when we were able to get rid of those.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait do goons in this game not use discord like normal people but instead opt for some kind of more poopsock-y chat program like mumble or teamspeak?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Discord is poo poo gently caress you

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I know you've been doing this for literally over a decade and all but have u thought about replacing the most comprehensive nerdshit infrastructure with slack, but with stickers????

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Wait do goons in this game not use discord like normal people but instead opt for some kind of more poopsock-y chat program like mumble or teamspeak?

yeah we don't use discord

discord is okay for pick-up voice chats for low numbers of people, but just today we had 2500 people on our voice chat server at once, and discord, uh, ain't built for that

also because spying on nerds is a huge part of the game, controlling the voice chat and text chat yourself is good for catching spies

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Die Zombie Die posted:

Well poo poo. I guess I can just create a new character and learn all the new stuff in the game.

There is nothing to gain from making a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah we don't use discord

discord is okay for pick-up voice chats for low numbers of people, but just today we had 2500 people on our voice chat server at once, and discord, uh, ain't built for that

also because spying on nerds is a huge part of the game, controlling the voice chat and text chat yourself is good for catching spies

Serious question- how does that work when literally anyone can put an alpha clone into KF?

Or is it more like opsec for capswarm stuff?