Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Baltimore is a great city and they love the Maryland flag and that black and white bullshit is such a stupid and cowardly decision. gently caress you, Nike, or whoever!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bawfuls posted:

Of course, Randy Johnson relieved him on zero days rest in that game 7 after pitching 7 innings in game 6.

Johnson storming out of the bullpen like a man possessed is one of my favorite baseball memories.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

Johnson storming out of the bullpen like a man possessed is one of my favorite baseball memories.

That level of ace pitcher is very similar to a fighter pilot, they have insane self-regard and want the ball in the most dangerous situations. Gerrit Cole was livid after Hinch left him in the pen, so much so that he donned The Boras Hat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

That level of ace pitcher is very similar to a fighter pilot, they have insane self-regard and want the ball in the most dangerous situations. Gerrit Cole was livid after Hinch left him in the pen, so much so that he donned The Boras Hat.

He just had the most amazing "I will end you and all you love" stare on his face. It was incredible.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Will always fondly remember Joe yanking Hendricks on like 60 pitches in the 5th even though he was in absolutely minuscule trouble because Maddon had already pre-scripted that Lester would come out of the pen on short rest. Then Lester immediately gave up the inherited runners and after the game basically said "coming out of the pen sucked, I have no idea why they made me do that, please never make me do that again."

zoux posted:

Gerrit Cole was livid after Hinch left him in the pen, so much so that he donned The Boras Hat.

lmao I forgot about that.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Will always fondly remember Joe yanking Hendricks on like 60 pitches in the 5th even though he was in absolutely minuscule trouble because Maddon had already pre-scripted that Lester would come out of the pen on short rest. Then Lester immediately gave up the inherited runners and after the game basically said "coming out of the pen sucked, I have no idea why they made me do that, please never make me do that again."

lmao I forgot about that.
This is exactly what Dave did with Urias and Scherzer in 2021, except the consequences didn’t materialize until Scherzer’s next game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hand Knit posted:

I have found equilibrium and learned to appreciate the good.

You should try it.

There is no good about finishing in last place lol. It's better to win 78 games and make the playoffs than 92 and be in 5th place.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

camoseven posted:

Baltimore is a great city and they love the Maryland flag and that black and white bullshit is such a stupid and cowardly decision. gently caress you, Nike, or whoever!!!!

I want Provo, Utah to get a MLB team just so they can make a City Connect jersey based on their flag:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I want Provo, Utah to get a MLB team just so they can make a City Connect jersey based on their flag:

I hope that is their uniform and Jason Adam gets traded there.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

That level of ace pitcher is very similar to a fighter pilot, they have insane self-regard and want the ball in the most dangerous situations.

someone post the Seth McClung meme

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

No Safe Word posted:

someone post the Seth McClung meme

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

This is exactly what Dave did with Urias and Scherzer in 2021, except the consequences didn’t materialize until Scherzer’s next game.

Was that the one where he was like "dead arm"

:hmmyes:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

mcmagic posted:

There is no good about finishing in last place lol. It's better to win 78 games and make the playoffs than 92 and be in 5th place.

It would be extremely cool if, the first year of 'balancing' the schedule, we get a display of just how stacked the AL East is. It would carry the implication that it was always around this good, and might've been even better.

It's cool enough that I would be able to appreciate that even if it was the Blue Jays finishing last. It is good to enjoy baseball beyond just constantly agonizing about minmaxing every run scored.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Hand Knit posted:

It would be extremely cool if, the first year of 'balancing' the schedule, we get a display of just how stacked the AL East is. It would carry the implication that it was always around this good, and might've been even better.

It's cool enough that I would be able to appreciate that even if it was the Blue Jays finishing last. It is good to enjoy baseball beyond just constantly agonizing about minmaxing every run scored.

I think the point was "you should want this fate for the red sox, or I guess one of the other teams, and not the Jays"

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Nodoze posted:

I think the point was "you should want this fate for the red sox, or I guess one of the other teams, and not the Jays"

I do want that fate for the Sox or the Yankees (or somehow both, that would rule). But I'm willing to accept it being the Jays, if that's what it must be.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

I stand by my take that your opinion is weird.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Was that the one where he was like "dead arm"
yes, it also hosed up Urias’ schedule leading to both of them being gassed in the NLCS when the Dodgers essentially ran out of pitching.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

camoseven posted:

The fact that they put all the design work *inside* the jersey is just bizarre to me. Maybe...maybe the pants will look cool?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Why can’t the Baltimore city connect just be a wraparound Old Bay decal

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
can I just pay a mod :10bux: and get back bawful's Kershaw av? wtf is this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bregor posted:

Yeah you can.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
The Royals finally DFA Hunter Dozier. His -2.6 bWAR is fourth worst in club history

He couldn’t hit but made up for it by being terrible in the field but I’m sure he’ll sign with the Yankees and hit 30 HR before disappearing forever.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Bregor posted:

Have I got wonderful news for you about how this site is set up.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Have I got wonderful news for you about how this site is set up.

:10bux: sent, make it happen, cap'n

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is my best one yet

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Amazing

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao I love this thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marvelous

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

lmao

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
:lol: got em

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1660745384149372938

As a Canadian, Votto is so polite, his victims don't usually mind

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1660672182069125120

People love olive drab hats.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

looks great, no notes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A's broadcaster Kuiper is out in Oakland

On one hand, you really can't say that word. OTOH, he got left out to dry if it really was a pre-recorded segment and also Bob Huggins was dropping homophobic slurs two days later and only got hit with a pay cut

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Meanwhile the the Dodgers rotation in the past week has seen: Dustin May to the IL with a forearm strain (min 6 weeks), Julio Urias to the IL with a bad case of giving-up-homers-itis, and Kershaw to the bereavement list.

Bobby Miller will start tomorrow in Atlanta, Gavin Stone is also up and if they lose anyone else they’re gonna be out of pitching prospects to fill in.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
10/10 would av again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I approve of this new entry into SAS lore

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bregor posted:

looks great, no notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is Provo owned by the vitamin company Centrum?