Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SalTheBard posted:

I used this and it was night and day difference

I first saw this image well before getting to the cube boss and it made the anticipation way worse than the actual fight imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I'm playing a fun Ritualist build but there is a specific place in Losomn (the Mirror room with the golden vase event) where my status effects chain to the dozens of breakable objects and my game can't handle it and it crashes lol. Hopefully this is unintentional and a fix is incoming.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ritualist owns, I have a gear setup that lets me apply all four elemental dots by myself and everything just dies around me

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pretty sure the Miasma Ritualist build chokes the game a bit because of all the enemies getting ticks of DOTs around me. It owns.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Am I correct to think I could start a veteran run and my existing gear would carry me for a while even if I take two new archetypes?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

explosivo posted:

No I'd in fact recommend playing through the whole game in veteran once just because the loot is the same no matter what

One thing worth knowing before atomizing a bunch of resources is that Relic fragment upgrades are difficulty level gated, once you have a pile of that resource don't feed it all to Dwell while on Veteran

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

explosivo posted:

Pretty sure the Miasma Ritualist build chokes the game a bit because of all the enemies getting ticks of DOTs around me. It owns.

Why use Miasma when you can get that many dots just using the right weapon/mod setup and then cause dozen simultaneous explosions with Eruption?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Calidus posted:

Am I correct to think I could start a veteran run and my existing gear would carry me for a while even if I take two new archetypes?

It's better to have one fully leveled Archetype equipped along with one you want to level. The game splits exp between the two archetypes if both need it, where as if you have only one archetype equipped that needs the exp it gets all of the exp.

Also you don't gimp yourself as much.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SirSamVimes posted:

Why use Miasma when you can get that many dots just using the right weapon/mod setup and then cause dozen simultaneous explosions with Eruption?

It's easier to kill things you don't even know are there yet with miasma so I run with that. I do know what you're saying though and I really do miss eruption when I'm using miasma but found that more useful personally.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I understand your point but I cannot give up fully stacked Eruptions which are the most satisfying button push in the entire game

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Evil Kit posted:

It's better to have one fully leveled Archetype equipped along with one you want to level. The game splits exp between the two archetypes if both need it, where as if you have only one archetype equipped that needs the exp it gets all of the exp.

Also you don't gimp yourself as much.

That is very good to know, I guess I will keep one of my level 10 ones equipped.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

What's your weapon setup out of curiosity? I'd like to switch to Eruption instead of Miasma and it seems like the following would be the most convenient setup that I can think of to get all 4 status effects:

Primary:
Sparkfire Shotgun (Burning)
Mod: Corrosive Rounds (Corroded)
Mutator: Twisting Wounds (Bleeding)

Melee:
Krell Axe (Overload)

then whatever for Secondary. I'm using Enigma due to inertia for times when I don't feel like throwing an axe.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I just picked this up on PC. Anyone have an idea of how many hours I need to play before I've progressed enough to be doing co op with folks that have been playing since release?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

What's your weapon setup out of curiosity? I'd like to switch to Eruption instead of Miasma and it seems like the following would be the most convenient setup that I can think of to get all 4 status effects:

Primary:
Sparkfire Shotgun (Burning)
Mod: Corrosive Rounds (Corroded)
Mutator: Twisting Wounds (Bleeding)

Melee:
Krell Axe (Overload)

then whatever for Secondary. I'm using Enigma due to inertia for times when I don't feel like throwing an axe.

Sparkfire Shotgun with the lightning orb mod and twisting wounds gives me burning, bleed and overload. I use Nebula as a secondary weapon because the corroded debuff it applies lasts 30 seconds.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

negativeneil posted:

I just picked this up on PC. Anyone have an idea of how many hours I need to play before I've progressed enough to be doing co op with folks that have been playing since release?

From day one. Pretty sure scaling applies by player, so everyone can team with everyone and get power-level-appropriate rewards, and even advanced players have some incentive to play at lower difficulties.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like upsetting my CPU by pushing eruption when enemies are clustered together with a lot of breakables.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just beat the Red Prince and the game immediately crashed with fatal error with the last hit. Looks like the progress saved, but if I was supposed to get some loot or something, I didn't. Now I guess I'm hunting the Nightweaver.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

TeaJay posted:

I just beat the Red Prince and the game immediately crashed with fatal error with the last hit. Looks like the progress saved, but if I was supposed to get some loot or something, I didn't. Now I guess I'm hunting the Nightweaver.

You need to go back to where you beat the Red Prince and a new path will have opened up

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, found the path, just wondered if I missed any loot by not being able to loot the Prince.

What fun, a two-phase boss battle with 3 heals. It doesn't seem THAT hard, but I find the dodging pretty .. dodgy to pull off reliably.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
lol my Losom boss (second world!) was the One True King, I assumed that would've been postgame or something!

Anyways I finished the game yesterday, I enjoyed the final boss - pretty trippy. The story was amazingly bad though but not like I care, the moment to moment gameplay is great. Now time to start replaying stuff and helping randos.

Edit: Also I'd no idea the flashlight you have from the beginning has the combination to the treasure chest inside the Founder's office lmao

Azran fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 4, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://x.com/remnant_game/status/1732101640373641383?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Oh poo poo, previewing the next DLC already? No release date yet, but can't be long.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I really wish they'd take the time to optimize this game a bit. It's perfect for Steam Deck and yet it's apparently not well-supported at all. Anyone given it a trial run lately? I heard the Awakened King tanked it on the Deck...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Darth Walrus posted:

https://x.com/remnant_game/status/1732101640373641383?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Oh poo poo, previewing the next DLC already? No release date yet, but can't be long.

I think it's just a promo for the game as a whole, showcasing one of the secrets (get the navigator's helmet, take it to the crashed ship and unlock the door to get the plasma cutter)

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

negativeneil posted:

About 25 million people just got it available with game pass there's zero co op issues

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SirSamVimes posted:

Cube is such a good boss because it's so predictable in its movements. It will always follow a single pattern invariably.

I think that's what makes it a bad boss, tbh. When you don't know the pattern, you insta die for loving up. When you do know the pattern, its boring.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh I definitely wasn't bored when I did them on my hardcore run

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
The Labrynth is exceptionally unfun and they should take it out of the game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

ehhhh after some secret hunting it's grown on me a bit

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The secrets can be really cool, especially when you learn the things to look out for

I am completely fine with people running my dumb rear end through the extremely hard ones, though

I'm always amazed at how much care and detail was put into this vs games that have ten times the personnel and capital

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol oh come on

https://i.imgur.com/3DcBuw3.gifv

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That was the best gotcha moment in the game for me. I was already so low on supplies from running from the stupid invincible mob that haunts you in this dungeon... and then SURPRISE!!

The fact this can end up your very first dungeon on Hardcore is way too funny, it was mine.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I really wish the game wasn't so stingy with Scrap, it really desincetivizes buying consumables or upgrading other weapons mid-run.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i have a really stupid scrap build where I can pick up scrap and iron at range, which gives me shields that then feeds into a ring that gives health back when shields are up

I use the krell axe as a backup in case there's nothing nearby to pick up, and have a ring that heals my team when I heal

https://l0wskilled.github.io/remnan...dFQMLCFcwqgAXSA
and yeah the scrap is the real grind, and I'm afraid to use this past veteran even though I think it could handle the next difficulty but not apocalypse (if there's an actual dps on the team)

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 10, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

That was the best gotcha moment in the game for me. I was already so low on supplies from running from the stupid invincible mob that haunts you in this dungeon... and then SURPRISE!!

The fact this can end up your very first dungeon on Hardcore is way too funny, it was mine.

that mob isn't invincible, you damage it by shooting the orb it throws at you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whaaat, well that is wild. I'd have never tried that, thanks. I just got mad norovirus so armed with this knowledge it seems like an excellent time to jump back into the game! :confuoot:

DLC any good?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I try to mark it every time someone is just unloading into the gray number monster

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there really no other way to communicate with players other than pinging?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's no crossplay so there's a chance you can look at names and message/invite

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I could've sworn I've heard voice lines like 'let's go back to Ward 13', are those ping related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think you have to ping a world stone and then emote a second time to get them to say that

I recorded a video but it won't upload for some reason