Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://x.com/CONEY/status/1792542052938297711

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Absolutely correct

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

This is pretty neat, you can get your Tekken stats at this site: https://wank.wavu.wiki/
and paste it in here: https://wavustats.deno.dev/

and it will tell you your recent w/l as well as show you what characters you're good/bad against. I always wondered why it didn't just have a win rate vs character in the game.

My best matchup is Kuma apparently? I wouldn't have guessed. Victor, Lars and Paul are tied for 2nd.
My worst is Claudio. Makes sense since I keep forgetting he's in the game, and he's right next to the other "I thought he was just in 7" Shaheen. For characters who people actually use I'm bad against Feng, Jun and Drag. I'm a little surprised at Feng, I could swear I did okay against him.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Very cool site. I’m apparently pretty bad in the Jack-8, Eddy, Law, and especially Zaf mirror matches, but pretty respectable winrates against Claudio, Shaheen, Azucena, Devil Jin, Xiaoyu and Kazuya.

Reading the About page it seems like they started scraping the replay API around March 27th, so gimmick matchups like Kuma may be a bit skewed with recency bias as some of the obvious stuff gets solved, I suppose.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 21, 2024

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Tee hee, the URL says wank. :haw:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Is this the only for ranked?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:toot: finally had time to hit ranked again and got to ganryu

Edit: I even teched a shining wizard to do it

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 22, 2024

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Today I confirmed if you double KO while up 2–1 in a match you win it :v:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tortolia posted:

Today I confirmed if you double KO while up 2–1 in a match you win it :v:

Yeah it gives a win to both players.

I had one where it was a double KO on the final round of a set just recently... but I can't remember for sure what happened. I think it just had us fight another "final round"?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah it gives a win to both players.

I had one where it was a double KO on the final round of a set just recently... but I can't remember for sure what happened. I think it just had us fight another "final round"?

I had this happen a while ago, it was final round of game 3 of the ft2 and it ended in a draw then gave us an option to rematch again for a game 4 which I was not expecting, I thought it would just end the set there.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nazzadan posted:

I had this happen a while ago, it was final round of game 3 of the ft2 and it ended in a draw then gave us an option to rematch again for a game 4 which I was not expecting, I thought it would just end the set there.

That's pretty cool, nice way to handle it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Murray seems to really hate dealing with people gamers and I don't judge him on a personal level but man it's part of his job...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They are doing all of top 96 to grand finals all day today at Combo Breaker, it's gonna be a bloodbath

SonicFox beat Infested and is still on winners side of the bracket

https://twitch.tv/tekken

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Been some really great Tekken all weekend and it had the most entries at Combo Breaker so top 8 gets the finale spot at the end of the day, should be a lot of fun. Curious if they have a Lidia gameplay trailer lined up.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah this CB has been great to watch. Murray and Harada are there so they are 100% showing Lidia's full trailer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYA6xbDDQic

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
She looks really cool for sure

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

did we ever get an approximate date for the summer update?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wasn’t part of their presentation here at CB. I’d expect probably late June or so to be out with a few weeks for the dust to settle before EVO.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Great Grands

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Huge grats to AK, he finally got the dub

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lidia shows off the three parries she had in 7 (the punch parry, the low parry, and the sabaki), i dunno if there's anything different about those, but then she has another parry in stance which gets jin's high kick, which she definitely couldn't do in 7 lol

lidia's red tape hellsweep doesn't lead to a grounded hit but looks like she does a power crush move after so i guess there's a stance mixup from it now?
[based on lidiacord discussion it seems like she goes into her Cat Foot One stance from the sweep now, i wonder if it still has the clean hit requirement like the original grounded hit did]

lidia has a move that beats reina trying to b+1+2 after SEN.3 on block (+1 and then pc7), then she wilds out and i have no idea what's happening in her stances but it looks like she does more parries in there lol
[it looks like this might be one of her heat bonuses]

conspicuously no heat engagers shown besides generic burst...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 27, 2024

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
this game has robots, demons, cyborg kickboxers, ninjas and magic, and yet somehow the prime minister of poland still feels like the most unusual inclusion in the roster. no complaints though , she looked cool in T7 and she looks cool in this.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What's her approval rating?

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I can only assume it's real bad since she's screwing around at martial arts tournaments while the world is still busy recovering from a global war.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Doesn’t your country get blown up if you enter the iron fist tournament and lose

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Lidia will definitely get me to pick Tekken 8 back up, she looks fantastic.

As someone who does karate it’s cool how for so many of her moves I can be like “oh, hey cool that’s shuto ganmen uchi I know that one”.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Does anyone know if the real prime minister of Poland has any intention of maining Lidia in T8 when she's released?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Was she in jail?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

When Lidia is released, I mean.

No idea if either her or the real prime minister served any time.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Seeing someone win combo breaker with Shaheen was nuts, I know it was a couple days ago but what a top 24. Glad AK won overall though would have liked to see Joey get farther. My car was in the shop for a few days so I was stuck at home and having that to watch ruled

That being said I'm on a Shaheen break and have been playing Kaz lately and am having fun because my brain is broken. I still don't know what to do when I get 2 electrics instead of just one/none going into my usual combo though (which is the second wgf into df3,1,2 because that's been easy and consistent).

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
We've had two electrics, but what about three?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Revins posted:

Seeing someone win combo breaker with Shaheen was nuts, I know it was a couple days ago but what a top 24.

yeah as a shaheen main im happy the character's getting more love even if it means i'm less likely to get away with horseshit.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
fighting so many ninas lately thanks arslan

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
ngl I was thinking about joining the Nina army too

She's not as... awkward as she was in T7 at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char